Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED FIRST EP3 SCREENSHOT!

Comments

• Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    OMG. Why does all the good things happen when it's sleeping time in Denmark?? :D
    I just joined the hype train. BOOM.
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I love the look of this! Hurry up and release it please EA!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    It looks legit, all those sims doing stuff in the background (stuff we cannot currently do in game)...a fan would not be able to do all that (or it would take a ridiculous amount of time using custom poses, Photoshop etc.).

As regards the pic itself, it looks good. It has a cosmopolitan/city vibe to it.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The street festival stuff is interesting. I'll be happy to see how it's implemented. I hope if they give us fun things to do that are attached to objects they can be picked up and used wherever there is room. That empty place in Newcrest park really needs some livening up. Basketball would be nice there.. or maybe whatever the kids are playing with in that shot.
    I know it's just speculation. I'm not thrilled... the main sim we've seen twice now looks ehh to me that purple jacket is not to die for.. but on the up side people can make one of the Disney princesses better ;).
    I need lots more info.. and then I'll hold out for absolutely no time at all before I buy it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It definitely looks like the TS4 style though: colorful & happy.

Which doesn't have to be a bad thing, but it's what makes me think this is probably legit. Does that kid's outfit already exist btw? And does it look like she's selling or buying stuff? Could that be?

So many questions. ;)
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I gotta say...this EP looks like absolute trash. The worst kind of apartments, tourists/cultural events, politics and basketball? Sorry but no. And it took an year to make? Just sad.

We literally know almost nothing about this expansion except for a leaked screenshot which could be fake and you're already saying it plum?

Exactly. The same happened with Get Together. Then it turns out to be the best EP...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Someone asked SimGuruDaniel if it was legit and he responded with "lol", they're definitely leaking these pics themselves and screwing with us
    I'm not so sure about that because I remember one SimGuru saying that they love it when something like this is leaked because they get a big kick out of reading our responses on the leaked info.

I am 99,99999 % convinced that leaks are almost always intentional. I mean: look at how blurry the picture is. If a person was going to leak stuff illegally, why not send people a clear, visible picture? This is just to get the crowd riled up, and it certainly isn't new. Wag the dog, I'll keep saying it :D Also, read this http://www.techi.com/2015/04/are-leaks-becoming-the-new-free-publicity-stunt/ or this https://equityarcade.com/2016/05/04/uncharted-4-and-the-trend-of-leaks-for-publicity/

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think the festivals are a good addition, I'd love new food from different cultures! I also hope we get new harvestables and fish.
    However, I hope this is just a feature of many more, as if the EP consists on only festivals and fake penthouses and apartments it'd feel really empty.
    I read the political career is coming and I hope is not the only career, I need more "normal" jobs. I hope they don't overlook aspirations and traits again.
    Also, I remember in one of the descriptions in that survey they (don't remember if Town Life or Metropolis) mentioned an edit tool for neighborhoods. That'd be a game changer for me!
    I'm glad they are leaking things to test the waters, it's a good move. Bit they shouldn't stretch it too much, they should make it official next week.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    @AlbaWaterhouse yes, yes. Neighborhood editing would be f-amazing :)

Also, does anyone else feel that these "cultural festivals" are rather reminiscent of the seasonal festivals in TS3? Feels to me like it'll be a bit of a merger between that & more typical city life stuff like apartments (if it's true, of course ;))
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Someone asked SimGuruDaniel if it was legit and he responded with "lol", they're definitely leaking these pics themselves and screwing with us
    I'm not so sure about that because I remember one SimGuru saying that they love it when something like this is leaked because they get a big kick out of reading our responses on the leaked info.

I am 99,99999 % convinced that leaks are almost always intentional. I mean: look at how blurry the picture is. If a person was going to leak stuff illegally, why not send people a clear, visible picture? This is just to get the crowd riled up, and it certainly isn't new. Wag the dog, I'll keep saying it :D Also, read this http://www.techi.com/2015/04/are-leaks-becoming-the-new-free-publicity-stunt/ or this https://equityarcade.com/2016/05/04/uncharted-4-and-the-trend-of-leaks-for-publicity/

I think so to and that recent penthouse pic was just leaked too. I think their about to announce it.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I was excited at first.. but what is this? All these things seem like they are just scattered theme wise. :s
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ARE THOSE KISSING BOOTHS???
    86laBDA.png

If those are kissing booths their a lot bigger then the ones in seasons. At any rate I hope EA got the animations right and their lips actually touch.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I think so to and that recent penthouse pic was just leaked too. I think their about to announce it.

How fun would that be "happy TS4 bday, here you go, an EP" lol

Well, I doubt it but it'd be cool.

Plus, the thing with these leaks are: notice how they're pretty much always only about paid content? There's nothing illegal in talking about / showing / leaking paid content, if EA chooses to do so, because it doesn't fall under the revenue recognition law, so if the leak was ordered, there's really nothing illegal about it. And really, how many people work on those EPs? Wouldn't it be pretty easy to find out who did it & fire them if this was in fact just the deed of one naughty EA dev?
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Firstly, I am convinced that EA lets these leaks out on purpose. Let's be honest, this EP is not the first one to be "leaked".
    From what I've seen so far, there are few things I like and dislike.
    I really like the fact that we are getting apartments- that means we have more space. Cultural festivals sound interesting and many simmers (myself included) have wanted some content from other cultures. Basketball is also nice- we get a rather large outdoor activity.
    I am not sure about the politics career- I have to see how it is done in order to make an opinion.
    Now for the thing I am not so fond about: no new lifestage. Give us some lifestages please- that would spice the game up. Also, right now, these four elements seem a bit little for EP. If they added a lifestage it would be complete imo. But then again, the EP is not fully revealed and I cannot form an opinion.
    Also, I truly hope that we get some content for children, teens, elders and babies. I'll wait for announcment eagerly!
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2016
    ARE THOSE KISSING BOOTHS???
    86laBDA.png

If those are kissing booths their a lot bigger then the ones in seasons. At any rate I hope EA got the animations right and their lips actually touch.

Everything is ridiculously large in TS4 compared to previous games, despite the lack of space :/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I gotta say...this EP looks like absolute trash. The worst kind of apartments, tourists/cultural events, politics and basketball? Sorry but no. And it took an year to make? Just sad.

It's a mix of Apartment Life with Showtime and Nightlife with a hint of Late Night and a return of Get Together's Modern District.....
    So basically they're running out of ideas....
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    We literally know almost nothing about this expansion except for a leaked screenshot which could be fake and you're already saying it plum?

It's not fake, it's the real deal, made me dumbfounded that people would forget easily about the leaked Backyard stuff teaser that numerous people thought it was a fake and badly photoshop.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    PrettyOddPrettyOdd Posts: 63 Member
    When I read that I thought they were referring to the different cultures as the different types of people that live in a city like in the Urbz. You have the gang looking sims, the sims from the neon district that dress funky and colourful etc, not actual around the world cultures, but city cultures.

They kinda already did that with Get Together though (Powerhouse, Paragon, that one DJ group)
    Also, I truly hope that we get some content for children, teens, elders and babies.

Agreed!

Overall I'm pretty happy with the multicultural aspect :)

• Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

This. I was really excited but all these leaks are just killing my hope on this EP.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Meh. I really don't find it interesting. :/
  • Options
    usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    well its something right? xD im just dying for a EP and not a SP. :disappointed: though i will admit i was hoping for something more... family or pet instead of a city like EP. but maybe they will sneak in something everyone has been begging for... xD you know what im talking about~ haha.
  • Options
    UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    One more thing- shouldn't this EP be a perfect timing for cars, burglars and firefighters? Would be awesome if they were added...

True, but Get to Work was a perfect timing for firefighters and especially burglars too...