Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I've got a new chapter of The Doll House out, where Anne looks through her memories and realizes something....
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Sourocha Salty for me!

Aaand here's my newest update: Keeping up with the spares!
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Meggles I'm so very sorry about your Grandmother. However I truly believe hospice really makes things as nice as possible for the family and the loved one comfort, counseling, handle a lot of the paperwork etc. it really allows the family to be together and really focus on that time with their loved one. My thoughts are with you and your family during this rough time. Hugs and love (from a newer member of the community) ❤️
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Happy birthday to @Carewren123 ! I'll drop by later with a card, but just wanted to share morning greetings now !

looks at clock yep still morning. happy birthday car. i don't know why sissy is yelling.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Happy Birthday, @Carewren123!!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Greetings and Salutations @CathyTea, @CitizenErased14, @ra3rei, @Meggles, @KitDragonFlight, @Jes2G, @Julyvee94, @Simslover163 and @everyone else

After chatting with @eXokamikaze on Origin earlier, I decided to stop by to say 'Hello' and let give you all an update on how things are now going in my life.

Now that I've been getting more exercise, eating better, etc., my health is doing much better and I've lost some weight. I have more energy now and my head feels much lighter now that I'm not playing any online games. I've realized that most of my health issues over the past few years have been caused by inactivity due to spending too much time on my computer playing Sims and other games on Facebook. Due to the addictive nature of these games, returning to the game is not an option as I don't want to put myself back in the same situation. It's the same with drinking pop. Now that I've been off soda pop for over 3 years, I cannot even take one drink or my addiction to pop (Pepsi) would be back and not good for my health.

That said, I do miss everyone here and will try to visit more often. Please feel free to use any of my Sims from either Sims 3 or 4 in your stories and/or collaborations and Simself get togethers as it would be nice to know that my Sim self or Sims live on in your games.

@Carewren: Saw the birthday wishes on here for you and please let me wish you a very Happy Birthday, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgx4w0lFIao

I do have a new Facebook account under the name Jan Tedford and email address: jangraceted@gmail.com. I still have my Origin acct where we can chat as well.

Hugs to @All my friends,

Silver

• Options
    BambooGirlBambooGirl Posts: 129 Member
    @Meggles lots of hugs to you. Everything will be ok <3
    @Carewren123 Happy Birthday! ;)
    HeHySHc.png
    The Legacy of Bamboo Girl Updated 9/3/16
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Sourocha wrote: »
    I'm really..excited! As I'm looking for a reading circle, and It will be a New experience!Id someone has an open space, or want to make a New circle, let me know! And Yes, there is a new chapter!
    Chapter 20:The jewelry
    The life of the Majolentes

I would love to be a part of just a simple "ordinary" reasing circle! Not very experienced though.
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Bloudwed Well, me neither!...but I will problably make the thread (and name, and rules, and what about :D ) later...as I don't have much time now ( now, literally, I think after 2 hours I have more free time) :D
    @Carewren123 Happy birthday! Hope you have a cake waiting for you!
    Post edited by Sourocha on
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Greetings and Salutations @CathyTea, @CitizenErased14, @ra3rei, @Meggles, @KitDragonFlight, @Jes2G, @Julyvee94, @Simslover163 and @everyone else

After chatting with @eXokamikaze on Origin earlier, I decided to stop by to say 'Hello' and let give you all an update on how things are now going in my life.

Now that I've been getting more exercise, eating better, etc., my health is doing much better and I've lost some weight. I have more energy now and my head feels much lighter now that I'm not playing any online games. I've realized that most of my health issues over the past few years have been caused by inactivity due to spending too much time on my computer playing Sims and other games on Facebook. Due to the addictive nature of these games, returning to the game is not an option as I don't want to put myself back in the same situation. It's the same with drinking pop. Now that I've been off soda pop for over 3 years, I cannot even take one drink or my addiction to pop (Pepsi) would be back and not good for my health.

That said, I do miss everyone here and will try to visit more often. Please feel free to use any of my Sims from either Sims 3 or 4 in your stories and/or collaborations and Simself get togethers as it would be nice to know that my Sim self or Sims live on in your games.

@Carewren: Saw the birthday wishes on here for you and please let me wish you a very Happy Birthday, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgx4w0lFIao

I do have a new Facebook account under the name Jan Tedford and email address: jangraceted@gmail.com. I still have my Origin acct where we can chat as well.

Hugs to @All my friends,

Silver

Silver! So great to hear from you, and what a good role model you are with managing your life so that you're able to do what's healthiest for you!

I'm that way with sugar--can't have any at all or I'll catch a cold!

Really happy you stopped by to say hi, and so glad you're doing well! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Welp, seems like after Gamescom I am now addicted to meeting simmers in person. Because I spontaneously booked a trip to

Simmer's Meetup!

http://www.simmersmeetup.com/

A lot of people from gamescom will be there, it's in Manchester on October 1st :) (any of you here can come maybe?) I am beyond excited for it! I thought I couldn't go bc of Uni but I was able to clear my schedule. It gets paid for by a bonus I received from completing my appreticeship. All in all, amazing day for me!

@Julyvee94 I just bought my ticket! (Payday today lol) So I shall see you there! :)
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Hope you're doing well.

In between jobs right now at the library for probably the last time ever! Or at least for a while - today was my last day at my full-time job. Monday will start a new adventure. I'll definitely miss spending hours killing time at this library though. There's so many windows, it feels airy, and I always feel more productive! There's a storm right now and it's especially nice to see the rain coming down.

@Carewren123 Happy birthday! Hope it's a wonderful day - and a year of success, in whatever you choose to do!

@Meggles sorry to hear that, you'll be in my thoughts <3 I'm always happy to distract with discussions of food.
    Lately I'm really been craving pizza....
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Aww @Julyvee94 and @ThePlumbob I'm so jealous that you guys get to go and meet each other! I would love to meet both of you :( But it's not exactly easy for me to pay $1000+ and hop on a plane to England :lol: It's a shame to have so many friends I will probably never meet in person :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Never say never, who knows, we may end up being in the same part of the world at some point :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Welp, seems like after Gamescom I am now addicted to meeting simmers in person. Because I spontaneously booked a trip to

Simmer's Meetup!

A lot of people from gamescom will be there, it's in Manchester on October 1st :) (any of you here can come maybe?) I am beyond excited for it! I thought I couldn't go bc of Uni but I was able to clear my schedule. It gets paid for by a bonus I received from completing my appreticeship. All in all, amazing day for me!

@Julyvee94 I just bought my ticket! (Payday today lol) So I shall see you there! :)

@ThePlumbob omg that is so exciting :) It will be nice to meet you!
    Aww @Julyvee94 and @ThePlumbob I'm so jealous that you guys get to go and meet each other! I would love to meet both of you :( But it's not exactly easy for me to pay $1000+ and hop on a plane to England :lol: It's a shame to have so many friends I will probably never meet in person :lol:

@CitizenErased14 remember I'm going to america for a year next September :D I might be able to stop by maine for a visit!
  • Options
    Hahahaha @ThePlumbob highly doubtful, but I will dream :tongue: My one time meeting online friends (after we'd known each other for five years already) was carefully planned over a year in advance and cost me over $2000 in plane tickets and lodging :lol: Totally worth it though! But definitely nothing on-the-fly :tongue:

And @Julyvee94 that would be the best if you somehow found your way to Maine on the way over! :lol: I'd be so excited!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Julyvee94 You could do an American Sim tour! :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options

Simmer's Meetup!

Ditto! Really looking forward to it :)
    Hahahaha @ThePlumbob highly doubtful, but I will dream :tongue: My one time meeting online friends (after we'd known each other for five years already) was carefully planned over a year in advance and cost me over $2000 in plane tickets and lodging :lol: Totally worth it though! But definitely nothing on-the-fly :tongue:

@CitizenErased14 Well, I do like to travel, so it's not unlikely that I might very well be in your neck of the woods at some point in the future. Travelling is what I spend most of my money on anyway :)
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited August 2016
    I just learned a trick regarding passive voice. We know it's ok, but using active voice is more descriptive for the readers.

The below excerpt is from this article. I signed up for this blog, and they send me articles frequently about ways to improve writing. The excerpt was left by a woman who left a comment below the article. I thought it was a smart (and FUN) way to decide whether it's passive passage or not. Then we can decide if we want to change it or keep it.
    A friend advised me that I can determine if something is passive voice by adding the phrase "by zombies" after the verb. If the sentence works, I've got passive voice. Plus, it's kind of fun...the dog was fed BY ZOMBIES. Her wounds were stitched BY ZOMBIES. It's like a smorgasbord of terrible zombie movie plots. Also fun: by goblins, by unicorns, and by imaginary friends.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

And @Julyvee94 that would be the best if you somehow found your way to Maine on the way over! :lol: I'd be so excited!
    @CitizenErased14 I guess it would be fairly easy for me to stop by on my way to wisconsin ^^
    @Meggles that would be awesome!
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 I guess it would be fairly easy for me to stop by on my way to wisconsin ^^

A bit of an awkward detour north @Julyvee94 but not impossible, I guess! :smiley:

snvAF3B.png
  • Options

Simmer's Meetup!

@CitizenErased14 remember I'm going to america for a year next September :D I might be able to stop by maine for a visit!

Oooh! Like one place here or all over the US? That's so exciting!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

@Meggles that would be awesome!

One day, I'd like to go to the UK. I actually like rain moreso than most people I know. Oooh! I wish I could go to Simmers Meet up. That'd be so exciting!!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Carewren123 Guess what? It's still your birthday!

karen02.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top