Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't they tell us if toddlers are going to be in the game or not?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    @nasTdude I don't think it will ever be the next iteration.
    I personally feel, and this is just my opinion... we will never see toddlers in this series of the franchise. Toddlers have been the #1 most asked for feature/life stage in TS4. We either need to accept that toddlers are never returning and try to enjoy the half-baked game for what it is... it's own play style, or move on to other games and give our farewells to what could or won't be the best series of the game. My feelings on TS4 is drawn down the middle. There are aspects of TS4 I really enjoy, but there are other aspects of the game that are a let down and I've accepted the fate of TS4 for what it is.

I am just as bummed out as those who enjoy family play and must have toddlers to tell their stories. Also, if toddlers do come in the game I'm 100% positive their not going to give them to us for free. We would most likely pay for them and we already know the war that would go down within the community. They would have to release new objects tied to toddlers, new game play interactions between toddlers and the rest of the life stages, new CAS items, new animations... and knowing EA they want $40.00 a pop for our beloved toddlers.

I totally agree with you.
    They listen to us? Since when? All they care about is party, party, party, party.

Party for toddlers! It can be a decent GamePack ;)

I think that EA create TS4 as a game for teens and young adults, and everything else is just a decoration. The main theme is romance, partying, careers, making friends, having wonderful, carefree life. And that it was supposed to be. But suddenly - big surprise, the fans community rised its voice and demanded certain things. And now EA is torn. They probably try to implement toddlers in the game, but it is not that simple and generates many costs. So they stay quiet as in this sentence: "If you failed, destroy every evidence that you even tried."

I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    QuiteIzzzy wrote: »

Lol.

Well, since kids can go to the club in the middle of the night and no one cares, why not toddlers? You can't deny the story potential. :D
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

I think that EA create TS4 as a game for teens and young adults, and everything else is just a decoration. The main theme is romance, partying, careers, making friends, having wonderful, carefree life. And that it was supposed to be. But suddenly - big surprise, the fans community rised its voice and demanded certain things. And now EA is torn. They probably try to implement toddlers in the game, but it is not that simple and generates many costs. So they stay quiet as in this sentence: "If you failed, destroy every evidence that you even tried."

Well, i'm a young adult and i definitively do want toddler and family play.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    It's moved to S&R because EA doesn't want people talking about it. Because "your concerns have an expiration date."

well, toddler have the longest expiration date i ever see. 2 years and we still ask for them, and i'll ask for them until i'll get them.
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    Well, i'm a young adult and i definitively do want toddler and family play.

Yep, but TS4 is mostly addressed to younger teens, who dream of becoming young adults. Young adults don't dream about being young adults, cause they don't have to, they already are young adults and know how it is to be a young adult. That's why "teens movies" are mostly watched by preteens, and "young adult movies" are watched by teens. (And My Little Pony is watched by adults xD)

I don't say that TS4 is a realistic game of being young adult, but it creates a vibe of somewhat careless adulthood. TS4 isn't realistic in any aspect, because creators didn't want it to be and I have no problem with it. Sims franchise always had its own sence of humor and sence of reality. But... in TS4 it just came the wrong way...

I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    @nasTdude I don't think it will ever be the next iteration.
    I personally feel, and this is just my opinion... we will never see toddlers in this series of the franchise. Toddlers have been the #1 most asked for feature/life stage in TS4. We either need to accept that toddlers are never returning and try to enjoy the half-baked game for what it is... it's own play style, or move on to other games and give our farewells to what could or won't be the best series of the game. My feelings on TS4 is drawn down the middle. There are aspects of TS4 I really enjoy, but there are other aspects of the game that are a let down and I've accepted the fate of TS4 for what it is.

I am just as bummed out as those who enjoy family play and must have toddlers to tell their stories. Also, if toddlers do come in the game I'm 100% positive their not going to give them to us for free. We would most likely pay for them and we already know the war that would go down within the community. They would have to release new objects tied to toddlers, new game play interactions between toddlers and the rest of the life stages, new CAS items, new animations... and knowing EA they want $40.00 a pop for our beloved toddlers.

I totally agree with you.
    They listen to us? Since when? All they care about is party, party, party, party.

You know what I agree. its clear this has spiraled downwards.
    I mean 2 years and no toddlers lots of silence does'nt boad well for the team. Shame :(
    Hopefully a competitor can make an amazing life/building simulation game.