Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't they tell us if toddlers are going to be in the game or not?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited August 2016
    "EA! there's no toddlers!!"
    EA be like
    w9jrAyDkh8MG4.gif
    "Please may we have them?"
    EA
    26BRrXeYDmm6mXlL2.gif\hcV2hNSq7UVb2.gif PMSL

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Because if they said no imagine the sales loss.Who cares if the employess are muzzled,bottom line is you say "No" and the "Numbas" plummet.You know how many people are being strung along like patient lil puppets who accept empty space as an answer.If you asked your girlfriend/boyfriend if they are cheating and they say nothing are you cool with that??? If you tell your best friend "I have a secret nobody knows but promise me you will not repeat it" and they look at you blankly for 5 minutes and then take a bite of a cookie are you ready to spill the beans to them.

I mean really people think about what I said.

Sorry, I loved what you said it made me ROFL Which is a good thing, because today I need the laughs. Morning started out rough and isn't getting too much better, so far.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm totally in agreement with everyone here that enough is enough -- two years is long enough to know, and tell the players something.

As for why they still won't say? I believe it's because they still don't have a decision. Toddlers could already be ready to go and maybe they are debating the when and how to roll them out. Maybe they talk about toddlers every day because they are bringing them out in Sims 5 and they don't want to say anything to fans because sims 4 isn't over yet. We don't know. I'd say we can predict logically that we won't be getting toddlers until AT LEAST 2017, considering the next EP is about city life (big whoop. Isn't the game already about city life?). Maybe we won't be getting them at all. But it almost certainly won't be this year.

Anyway... I'm off to play Sims 3.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Same reason artists don't tell us when the next album is dropping until it's already done.

Want to build excitement and not get you to move onto the next artist in the mean time.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Only "they" can tell us about toddlers... and "they" are not saying a peep. I wouldn't set yourself up for disappointment by expecting them to be forthcoming anytime soon. I am setting myself up for expecting them to try and squeeze as much money out of this current iteration as possible... and informing us as to the true state of toddlers as future content in ts4 would probably not be conducive to helping them realize that goal.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I personally think that the reason they don't give a definite answer is because there is no answer to give.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think they've already given the answer. It would just seem that many people are having a hard time coming to grips with it.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I don't think they planned on toddlers, and I don't think they ever planned to have them in the game. It's never going to happen.

I believe this as well. If they were going to give us toddlers then they would have been created with the base game. With all the EPs, SPs, and GPs, there is so much that they would have to edit and code to work with toddlers. And they already said before when asked about making teens look like teens, that that would need animators to come in and rework the skeletons, etc. and from the sounds of that, they didn't want to or didn't have the money to invest in that. So why would they do that with toddlers? Rachael said toddlers where never going to be included with Sims 4, and at this time I really believe her. It was a huge mistake that they made, but what can be done about it?

At this point, players need to continue to express how badly we want toddlers and all the other things that were scraped, taken away, or left out because they have a vision. Hopefully they will actually listen to the players and produce a Sims 5 that it truly spectacular and will knock our socks off in the best of ways.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I don't think they planned on toddlers, and I don't think they ever planned to have them in the game. It's never going to happen.

I believe this as well. If they were going to give us toddlers then they would have been created with the base game. With all the EPs, SPs, and GPs, there is so much that they would have to edit and code to work with toddlers. And they already said before when asked about making teens look like teens, that that would need animators to come in and rework the skeletons, etc. and from the sounds of that, they didn't want to or didn't have the money to invest in that. So why would they do that with toddlers? Rachael said toddlers where never going to be included with Sims 4, and at this time I really believe her. It was a huge mistake that they made, but what can be done about it?

At this point, players need to continue to express how badly we want toddlers and all the other things that were scraped, taken away, or left out because they have a vision. Hopefully they will actually listen to the players and produce a Sims 5 that it truly spectacular and will knock our socks off in the best of ways.

http://simsvip.com/2015/09/14/rachel-franklin-on-the-future-of-the-sims-4/

Quote:
    (Q) So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    Rachel Franklin: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    And I want to make sure that all of those voices are considered when people are thinking about whether or not we’ve included the right things. Because we do, we take it very seriously about whether or not we’re approaching all of those different play styles. We take it just as seriously as the players do that are asking for the things that they want.

Not that I am defending this quote from rachel but she didn't actually say that toddlers were never going to be included.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Cinderellimouse I don't think it would necessarily destroy their reputation, just damage it a little. But if, after that disaster, they somehow managed to pull off an above-excellent TS5, which includes everything people are missing, you can be sure that a huge amount of people would buy the game anyway, regardless of their frustrations. And I can totally understand why they would, because being able to play the game you love (again) beats being blinded by wanting to take revenge on a company you won't really be able to harm anyway. The funny thing is, if they add toddlers in the third year of TS4 (which is actually way too late considering the average lifespan of sims games), a lot of people will also forget how EA made them feel for the last three years and buy the game + its EPs after all (even if toddlers alone won't magically turn this game into a game with real depth and the capacity to simulate life). Regardless of the fact that in another year, maximum 2, they can again take out their well-earned cash to spend it on TS5. I guess EA knows this too, which is why it's a little easier for them to string people along. :)

Hate to say it but I agree with @Cinderellimouse that it would destroy their reputation. I'm one of those people who enjoy the game for what it is and am happy with or without toddlers. I hope (and actually believe) they're working on them and planning to add them in a patch but it's not a deal-breaker for me if they never come. However, IF Maxis actually knew they weren't planning on adding toddlers and refused to say anything so they supposedly wouldn't lose sales, I would be incredibly put off by that. I personally don't feel like we've been lied to so far--I do think they've omitted information (i.e., the Olympus thing seems pretty clear and they'll NEVER cop to that), but don't currently feel like they've flat out lied but if they were refusing to say anything about toddlers knowing they couldn't or weren't planning them, that would be the turning point for me.

With that said, I don't actually think that's why they aren't saying anything. I think that their company is following the accounting regulations they're required to and since they intend to add toddlers in a free patch, they can't talk about them until they're ready to launch them.

@Cinderellimouse
    @luthienrising can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's not just that they could be breaking a contract if they promised something free and didn't deliver in the stated time frame. It's that if they announce that toddlers are coming as a free patch and get an influx of sales for the base game because of that announcement, they can't recognize that income until the toddlers are released. If it ends up taking them another year to release toddlers, they would have all that income sitting around, untouchable, for a year until the toddlers were released. I imagine it would be an accounting nightmare as well. Anyway, that's how I understand it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Taken
    Out
    Dat
    Dream
    Lifestage.
    Eugh
    Rachel
    Seriously!

Clever! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Fans: "So, about those toddlers?"
    EA/Maxis:
    giphy.gif
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    They aren't coming back...
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

That's not confirmed so it's still a maybe yes or maybe not :o
  • Options
    rshell193 wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »

That's not confirmed so it's still a maybe yes or maybe not :o

It's a maybe then ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    It was confirmed way before launch in an interview with SimGuruGraham I think, but during production things changed.
    QDog wrote: »
    So they don't want to confirm them (like Graham did before the game was released) only to disappoint fans yet again if they can't be implemented after all.

I just wanted to drop in and clarify that I've never said anything along those lines. Honest mistake I'm sure, but this is an example of what happens when people paraphrase or try and remember things that were said from memory instead of providing direct quotes.

It's important to me to point that out because I try and be as clear and straightforward with all of you as I can regarding topics I'm able to comment on. I hope that the community generally thinks of me as someone who will provide detailed answers to tough questions when given the opportunity to do so. Sometimes that opportunity only comes when a final decision has been made, such as when I shared pre-launch that CASt would not be a part of The Sims 4. I think it's important that you - as fans of the Sims, and as customers - have accurate information so that you can make informed decisions. On the rare occasions when I've accidentally provided inaccurate information in the past, I always publicly correct myself.
  • Options
    @SimGuruGraham Thanks for stepping in :smile:

Mistakes happen, things can be misinterpreted over the internet and things can be taken the wrong way, we are all human after all.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    It was confirmed way before launch in an interview with SimGuruGraham I think, but during production things changed.
    So they don't want to confirm them (like Graham did before the game was released) only to disappoint fans yet again if they can't be implemented after all.

I just wanted to drop in and clarify that I've never said anything along those lines. Honest mistake I'm sure, but this is an example of what happens when people paraphrase or try and remember things that were said from memory instead of providing direct quotes.

It's important to me to point that out because I try and be as clear and straightforward with all of you as I can regarding topics I'm able to comment on. I hope that the community generally thinks of me as someone who will provide detailed answers to tough questions when given the opportunity to do so. Sometimes that opportunity only comes when a final decision has been made, such as when I shared pre-launch that CASt would not be a part of The Sims 4. I think it's important that you - as fans of the Sims, and as customers - have accurate information so that you can make informed decisions. On the rare occasions when I've accidentally provided inaccurate information in the past, I always publicly correct myself.

Heya can we have toddlers please?
    Thanks Ciara.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Simple answer - EA stating yes or no to toddler means loss of players, loss of sales before the pack with them or, the final pack is even created. Some want them, some don't and either way, if one way or the other is confirmed, TS4 looses people. Just smart for them to not say anything on the issue until it happens.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    i would like to understand why they can't talk about toddler.
    Confirmed that they will come a day, without saying when they will come or what they'll can do or other gameplay stuff, just saying yes you'll have them. This can't harm right ?
    I'm willing to wait (even with just a "they will come, but you'll know everything when we will release it") but i just want to know that i'm not waiting for nothing.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

http://simsvip.com/2015/09/14/rachel-franklin-on-the-future-of-the-sims-4/

Quote:
    (Q) So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    Rachel Franklin: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    And I want to make sure that all of those voices are considered when people are thinking about whether or not we’ve included the right things. Because we do, we take it very seriously about whether or not we’re approaching all of those different play styles. We take it just as seriously as the players do that are asking for the things that they want.

Not that I am defending this quote from rachel but she didn't actually say that toddlers were never going to be included.

Thanks for the correction! :D But I guess her words are open for interpenetration. I take that to mean she purposefully left toddlers out, and never planned for them to be in the game, since she underestimated just how important having toddlers in game is to many players. But she added the "I'm not talking about future stuff." to dot her I's and cross her T's. So if toddlers never are added then they are covered.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Hey @SimGuruGraham! Thanks for popping in to make some corrections!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    The mind games ea play literally make me go psycho
    giphy.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    LOL Yessssssssssss!!!!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Opps sorry @SimGuruGraham I did try to find the direct quotes but I couldn't. I did not mean to misquote you or make out that you have said something you did not. Apologies. :'(
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.