Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Please do you know if we ship it if we don't live in the US? I brought some CD long time ago and I am interesting to get it if it is supported by older OS as Vista.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Allegiant336Allegiant336 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i recently heard about the sims 2 Ultimate collection and i realised it was too late to get it however i havevthe sims 4 base game and i really want to get the sims 2 as i really like the gameplay option and the fact that i can experience different sims games but i don't own any sims 2 games at all which males me kinda sad and i tried asking an advisor about it and they said it was out of date (refering to the code they gave out ) but they would provide it to me with all the collection if i had proof , i really would like to play the sims 2 , any suggestions?
  • Options
    teyana23teyana23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've spoken to two reps now, and they both told me there are no more codes for the Sims 2 UC. Told me the developers deleted them completely, as much as they wanted to give it to me it was impossible. I even have proof I own most of it, plus all of the sims 3, and all of the current Sims 4. I'm so sad. :( It's my favorite of the series and I lost one of the original install disks.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    It was only a matter of time before they stopped giving it out since the deal ended two years ago. If they were smart, they'd take the obvious interest as an opportunity to sell UC and make a little money.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    wethepotatowethepotato Posts: 1 New Member
    It still works, I gave them the product of my Sims 2 seasons and they added it to my account.
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    It still works, I gave them the product of my Sims 2 seasons and they added it to my account.

When did you do that? I'm thinking of trying tomorrow when I wake up. I'll report back with what happens. It could be to do with who you chat too.
  • Options
    I tried today and my advisor told me there were no more codes to grant, you only buy the Sims 2 through retail now. I'm so sad. Even though I have all the EPs other than the last two, I really wanted to try FreeTime and Apartment Life. Nevermind I might have to buy them now.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    marx13 wrote: »
    I tried today and my advisor told me there were no more codes to grant, you only buy the Sims 2 through retail now. I'm so sad. Even though I have all the EPs other than the last two, I really wanted to try FreeTime and Apartment Life. Nevermind I might have to buy them now.

So I'm guessing that EA will no longer give away codes. That could be excepted since The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection isn't intended to be obtained as of August 1, 2014.

The fact of Windows users not being able to get The Sims 2 makes this aggravating since The Sims 2 (and The Sims Stories) are only available on Mac which most Simmers likely don't own. This isn't helped that July 2016's Steam Hardware Survey claims that only 3.37% use OS X compared to 95.70% using Windows so if every Simmer used Steam, majority of Simmers wouldn't be able to play The Sims 2 at all. The only way to get The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories is either through Amazon and eBay but used games can have issues such as the manual not being included (happened to me with The Sims Complete Collection). If you do not have the manual, you will not be able to install the game since you don't have the code to install the game.

I doubt if any Simmer would buy a Mac just to play The Sims 2 Super Collection and/or The Sims 2 Stories games not to mention that you have to purchase them too. I don't think it's fair that Mac users can buy and play The Sims 2 but PC users can't. It's funny that Mac users complain that they didn't get The Sims 4 and now Windows users are complaining that The Sims 2 hasn't been re-released on Windows.

We're in August 2016 and there still hasn't been any news regarding The Sims 2 and/or The Sims Stories. How hard is it to re-release The Sims 2? I understand EA has to remove SecuROM since The Sims 2 UC still includes the SecuROM DRM (likely a leftover when the game used to be sold on Origin)
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    I have never had the sims 2 but I want this ultimate collection and since I have to show proof to EA Customer Support that I owned the sims 2, I don't stand a chance :(
    Buying on Amazon is just too expensive :|
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    AmethystPrincessAmethystPrincess Posts: 3 New Member
    I guess I lucked out with who I talked to the other day (August 5) since when I messaged about getting the Sims 2 in download form since my new laptop did not come with a Disk slot there would be no way for me to play it. I did have to show proof of my owning the game and they did give me the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in my Origin account.
  • Options
    I guess I lucked out with who I talked to the other day (August 5) since when I messaged about getting the Sims 2 in download form since my new laptop did not come with a Disk slot there would be no way for me to play it. I did have to show proof of my owning the game and they did give me the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in my Origin account.
    You're lucky. I think I'll continue to try, since I'm not 100% believing that they ran out of codes.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It can take more than 2 tries.

I used EA's CS because of another game problem and they offered me the Sims 2 UC because my other game was messed up. I didn't even ask for it and I really didn't want the My Sims game they gave me. :lol:
  • Options
    I have great news. Chatted with another advisor today (I think I was too vague before with my chat), and he was very helpful. As long as you have a code and evidence of the game disc they can generate a UC code for you no problem. So it is still up for grabs!
    Good luck with finding your old discs, people!
  • Options
    AmethystPrincessAmethystPrincess Posts: 3 New Member
    I have great news. Chatted with another advisor today (I think I was too vague before with my chat), and he was very helpful. As long as you have a code and evidence of the game disc they can generate a UC code for you no problem. So it is still up for grabs!

I am glad you were able to get your copy.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

I am glad you were able to get your copy.

Try again... and maybe again. I had to try a few times back when they were only giving it to people who bought expansions from Origin. :)
  • Options
    ShortieJ845ShortieJ845 Posts: 38 Member
    stepbot153 wrote: »
    I have never had the sims 2 but I want this ultimate collection and since I have to show proof to EA Customer Support that I owned the sims 2, I don't stand a chance :(

Try your local Good Will store. I saw the late night expansion at mine. Look on Craig'slist, Ebay, thrift stores etc. you might find the game and their expansions
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    Can confirm this, since I just had EA tech support call me today. I told him that I tried installing my Sims 2 discs on my Windows 10 PC and it didn't work. He offered the free Origin download right away. All I had to do was give him a valid proof of purchase number and let him know that I have an origin account set up.
  • Options
    Ashj224Ashj224 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was able to get a free redeem code after talking to a few people, without having purchased anything! He simply asked for my name, email, and later my secret question answer. Got a code right after! Super super pleased to have the Ultimate Collection!
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    stepbot153 wrote: »

@stepbot153 The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories can be gotten cheaper if you purchase the game used on Amazon but they can have some issues. The biggest issue and red flag is that some sellers on Amazon and eBay sell the game without the manual. This is important. if you do not have the manual, your game is useless period. There's no way to install the game without the manual since you must enter the code during installation. I had the same issue with The Sims Complete Collection as my copy didn't include a manual so I couldn't install the game.

It's also said that a used copy of The Sims 2 will not allow you to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection should you try to give CS your code similar to how a used copy of The Sims 3 or The Sims Medieval will prevent you from getting your free Origin copy of TS3 and TSM as well as 1.69 (base game) and The Sims 4 Rewards (Expansion Packs) since the code will already be used. The Sims 3 Starter Pack and The Sims 4 will outright block you from installing and playing the game if games are purchased second-hand/used since the game must be activated to install and games can't be registered twice.

People say The Sims 2 discs don't work well on Windows 8/10 but I don't think I had any issues with The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories. Here's a video of The Sims 2 UC playing on Windows 10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXx59QQoLA

I think a reason why EA offers the UC based on having disc copies is because The Sims 2 games can't be activated on Origin since only The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval, and The Sims 4 codes can be activated on Origin. You have to contact Customer Support to activate the game which may allow you to get The Sims 2 UC.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    @WinMacSims3 my base game installed and played properly, but everytime I tried to install an EP and it asked me to insert the sims 2 disc 4 it refused to validate it and reversed the installation. So it was an issue of the EP discs not being compatible somehow.

The UC installed perfectly from origin and worked fine when I played with the graphics options a bit. (And it should! I spent good money on all those EPs!)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited August 2016
    They just gave it to me now (August 14 2016) I explained that my old laptop had just died a few days ago and that the new one my dad got me didn't have a disc drive - which is fine for ts4 but not for ts2. I proved that I owned all of the EPs and SPs and provided appropriate codes. I also explained that I'd been playing for 15 of my 20 years of living and how much this meant to me.
    It is downloading to install as I type this.
    You know, for all the slack I give EA, they really are wonderful people.
  • Options
    sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    Hey, I just wanted to tell you guys that it is still possible! :) just got mine today
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Options
    Kookymonsta65Kookymonsta65 Posts: 3 New Member
    It definitely is still possible. I lost the disk for Freetime but I had the code. Game them the code and they gave me the download.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really want to play Sims 2 but I haven't bought anything earlier and therefore no receipt to show them to get the Sims 2 UC. So irritating that Mac-users can buy it but I can't. Have been reading about the Sims-games that came out before S4 and I think S2 will suit me.

Why can't we buy it, when I got Mass Effect 2 I loved it and bought Mass Effect as well. Why are we not allowed to enjoy the previous iterations. I don't trust buying it on Amazon, with possible missing manuals and all.

Gahh... this really bums me out.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I really want to play Sims 2 but I haven't bought anything earlier and therefore no receipt to show them to get the Sims 2 UC. So irritating that Mac-users can buy it but I can't. Have been reading about the Sims-games that came out before S4 and I think S2 will suit me.

Why can't we buy it, when I got Mass Effect 2 I loved it and bought Mass Effect as well. Why are we not allowed to enjoy the previous iterations. I don't trust buying it on Amazon, with possible missing manuals and all.

Gahh... this really bums me out.

You can still contact EA and ask for it. You might have to try several times until you get a good rep. People who owned nothing in the past have got it, you just need keep asking until someone says yes. :)