The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @MSKyuuni

I am pleased you managed to get your UC version enjoy.. Also thanks for the info on ad-blocker as a few players have problems getting through to online chat so I always advise using a different browser as that usually works but next time I might look at the ad-blockers :)
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    klokje wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a problem, I try to install my copie of the SIMS 2 via origin, but it keeps telling me I reached my license limit... Does anyone have an idea what to do with this? I have this nieghbourhood since 2004 and i really want to play with it and I got a Surface for college with Windows 10 OS and i would like to play in my dorm as well (when I find the time). Thanks for you time in advance :)

If you get this error, it's likely due to SecuROM having used all activation slots. You will need to contact an EA Advisor to get a new product code for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

For anyone who doesn't know, the game can be deauthorized. Typing Sims2EP9.exe -ead_gl_remove death_uninstall_reminder in the Run Prompt will allow you to Deauthorize The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. You just have to follow the steps and now your game can be deauthorized.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @Hekete have you considered buying The Sims 2 games used such as through Amazon or eBay? The used copies usually are cheaper and easier to get but they can have problems such as not including a manual which will prevent you from installing the game, or be missing one or more CDs which will also prevent installing the game. Some claim that used copies will prevent getting The Sims 2 UC.

I had this problem with The Sims Complete Collection where my copy didn't come with a manual.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    DeadGiveawayDeadGiveaway Posts: 13 New Member
    I just got my UC about a week ago so you can definitely still get it. I had the deluxe edition but the code printed on my book, which was supposed to be for installing the game, had apparently been reused to create a spore online access code. Since this was obviously a little strange, she had me take a picture of the book + disc with the date & my name... and viola, UC! It's a good thing too, my disc drive really does not like Deluxe.
  • Options
    @DeadGiveaway

Pleased you got a good result enjoy your UC :)
  • Options
    Digital2789Digital2789 Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry to revive a old chat. I just contacted EA and they offered me the full collection edition. I was still shocked they were giving them out but that sure saved me from buying them individually on E-bay.
  • Options
    @Digital2789

No need to apologize you are not reviving anything this thread is to keep players updated on how to continue to get 2 UC so congratulations and I hope you enjoy the series :)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    Congratulations on getting it @Digital2789 ! You really make me giving me the hope it's not too late.I wanted to ask it earlier but I was too much busy.It's so good I still got the chance .I really can't wait to get it I can't wait to have the full game.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    EliseMSEliseMS Posts: 2 New Member
    I just tried asking on the online chat and they said that they no longer support the game and can't add it to my account with just a code. I guess I'll have to try another day and hope I get someone more helpful.

People who have got it: what exactly did you ask them?
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I got a copy of The Ultimate Collection just today! My old laptop died, and my new laptop has Windows 10, so I told the advisor in chat what was going on, and that I was having trouble installing on the new laptop from the discs, so he told me he would give me a digital copy of the game. All I had to do was send in photos of my game discs and game codes. I'm so happy!
  • Options
    @EliseMS

If you go back several pages on this thread you will be able to read about different players methods for obtaining UC. If you have owned the game on disc before they will probably ask for proof via sending them pics of your games and codes and if you don't own any sims 2 games offer to purchase a brand new factory sealed base game with an unused code in return for the series that's what I did and a few others have manged to get UC the same way. Also other players have simply been given it just by continually contacting customer services being polite and persistent so good luck and if you manage to get hold of it come back and let us know as it helps other players...

@QuillWriter

congratulations enjoy your new to you series.. :)
  • Options
    LynnMacy222LynnMacy222 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please help me out here. I just got off the line with EA adviser, and apparently my code is for Spore (!!!) and not Sims 2 so they won't give me the complete collection. I have never owned, nor played Spore in my life and this is the exact same code I had on the back of my base game pamphlet. I'm just so blown away right now, I already payed for this game, I just want to play it on my new Windows 10 computer!!!
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Can someone please help me out here. I just got off the line with EA adviser, and apparently my code is for Spore (!!!) and not Sims 2 so they won't give me the complete collection. I have never owned, nor played Spore in my life and this is the exact same code I had on the back of my base game pamphlet. I'm just so blown away right now, I already payed for this game, I just want to play it on my new Windows 10 computer!!!

All we can suggest is to keep trying until you get a rep who is willing to follow through and give you the UC. If you're sure your code is for The Sims 2 and not Spore, explain that to them. Offer to scan the code in so they can see it for themselves. When I had issues with a different game from a different company and I was trying to install it on my laptop, the company had changed hands several times in management and they didn't recognize the code I had at all, so they asked me to scan the CD case and inner game pamphlet. I did, thereby proving the game is mine and the code does in fact exist and is the correct code for that CD, and they helped me try and get the game running and told me to come back to them if I continued to have issues.

So, again, all we can suggest is to just keep trying.

Good luck!
  • Options
    @LynnMacy222

Agree with @SataiDelennn if you are sure that code is correct and you have used it before to play 2 offer to send pics of your case, disc and code to customer services to prove what you are saying is correct.. Good luck come back and let us know if you manged to get it resolved..
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    EliseMS wrote: »
    I just tried asking on the online chat and they said that they no longer support the game and can't add it to my account with just a code. I guess I'll have to try another day and hope I get someone more helpful.

Nothing for now, each time I want to enter the chat, I have no answers.I don't know if someday I'll have an answer.I start to be desperated, I don't live in the us , it's never the right time to have a chit-chat.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    #ilovethesims#ilovethesims Posts: 4 New Member
    well i just did it no one replyed
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    EliseMS wrote: »

Nothing for now, each time I want to enter the chat, I have no answers.I don't know if someday I'll have an answer.I start to be desperated, I don't live in the us , it's never the right time to have a chit-chat.
    well i just did it no one replyed

Just keep trying. You can also try another browser, I hear some of them don't work well with connecting to chat. You could also put in for a call back. :)
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    edited October 2016
    Can I get it without having any code?

Also where do I go to speak with a representative
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    stepbot153 wrote: »

It is possible, you just need the right rep. It can take quite a few tries sometimes. Contact information is in the very 1st post :) Good luck!

• Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    stepbot153 wrote: »

It is possible, you just need the right rep. It can take quite a few tries sometimes. Contact information is in the very 1st post :) Good luck!

Thank you so much :#
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    EliseMSEliseMS Posts: 2 New Member
    So I've got the game added on my second try. I'll post exactly what I did in case it helps anyone.

I categorized the case under sims 2, PC, game information, availability. I asked if I could add the game to my account because I tried to use my code and it didn't work. Then he asked for the code and I gave it to him. Then he said he'd add the game. Then I asked if he needed expansions and he said yes so I gave him a few codes. Then I asked if it would be possible to get the Ultimate Collection, as I've heard others have been able to. Then he said yes and added it to my account.

Now I'm even more excited to get my new laptop so I can play this (I'm currently using a Mac) :)
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I just got it last night, without having ever owned TS2. The person said it would be difficult to help me without having any TS2 titles, but it seemed like he went and spoke to someone else and then was able to add it to my account no problem.
  • Options
    @EliseMS & @horseygirl24

Well done both have a great time playing your new to you game :)
  • Options
    thiskatiethiskatie Posts: 2 New Member
    I did this with success last night! All I did was say "I heard you're still giving away the sims 2 Ultimate Collection to people who own the sims 2 game, is that correct?" And he said yes! All I had to do was give him the serial code from my Sims 2 Double Deluxe and straight away he put UC in to my account.
    I have now done it again for my little sister today and again worked straight away.
  • Options
    thiskatiethiskatie Posts: 2 New Member
    I forgot to add - my copy of Double Deluxe is secondhand but it still worked! It took me only a couple of minutes to get UC added to my account.
    It did take me a while to get connected to an advisor. First I tried on Firefox, didn't work. Then I went to Chrome but it still took its time. I'm in Australia so i thought maybe If i change my location to the USA it might work. I did that on Chrome and it took me 10 minutes and i was connected to a really nice advisor.
    Just keep trying, UC is definitely still available!