The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member
    is 50$ resonable for the Sims 2 new copy or am i severely getting ripped off.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hekete wrote: »

Considering it is getting more difficult to find a new copy, I would say that was fair. I think everyone knows people are buying them up too..so that helps pad their bottom line a lil. :D
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi there.
    So, i've found my old Open for Business cd with the code in it.
    I'm wondering if i still can firstly get the complete edition and where to ask (with the new origin update i'm a bit lost, on the contact us maybe ?)
    edit: and how to choose the us/uk chat (french have tried a year ago, some are still waiting)
  • Options
    so i'm answering my own question : yes, it's with contact us, i managed to choose the us chat and we still have the complete collection because i'm actually installing it.
    i'm basically jumping everywhere.
    the person i was talking with was really nice. thanks.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @lulubadwolf

so you got you UC series right? If so congrats and enjoy it :)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Lucky you !
    so i'm answering my own question : yes, it's with contact us, i managed to choose the us chat and we still have the complete collection because i'm actually installing it.
    i'm basically jumping everywhere.
    the person i was talking with was really nice. thanks.

@lulubadwolf You are so lucky I am French fluent too and I don't really understand how to get it,and I have a lot of questions about ! How many gigabytes the uc weights? I have not a fast internet connexion
    Plus I have registred my games I bought a long time ago with an other email than I currently use because I lost it since years.I am running on vista and I have an old version of origin .I would love to get it for my birthday next week it"ll be so awesome but I am a bit cold in the same time to ask for, I am afraid of getting forgotten just because I am running with an unsupported windows I can't pay for windows 10 for now and I don't like ts4 at all and I only speak basic English.
    please help me :'( .
    I am sorry for sharing my insecurities , I just need to make sure it still possible after 2 years to get it.I knew this offer too much late.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Considering it is getting more difficult to find a new copy, I would say that was fair. I think everyone knows people are buying them up too..so that helps pad their bottom line a lil. :D

D: hmm ill keep looking , what an annoyance this is T_T
  • Options
    @sim
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @lulubadwolf

yes. Finally :) I've got the UC (and, for advice for the new people, if you have graphic glitch, try with nvidia graphic card, i nearly end up mad until i found out that my computer use intel graphics for the game --' and with nvidia no problem)

@Simsophonique would you like me to PM you in french ?
  • Options
    @lulubadwolf

well done however on windows 7 after an upgrade which included a newer Nvidia graphics card it took me over 3 weeks to get 2 working properly again and that would not have happened without the assistance of a friend who suffered the same problem.... I really hope no other player has to go through what we did lol
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 well, i've already had problem with intel graphics (yes minecraft, i'm looking at you, 10 fps, no way) so after 2 hours of internet search, entering some game file i have think about checking which graphic card the game use.
    at least it has been quickly solve ^^
  • Options
    ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the info!

Two years later and they are still giving it to anyone who has a code!

Downloading now!
  • Options
    RadBagelRadBagel Posts: 5 New Member
    I tried contacting them multiple times, and I never got a response. I added a photo of an expansion pack I bought at a yard sale, and still no answer. It didn't work for me, sigh.
  • Options
    klokjeklokje Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys, I have a problem, I try to install my copie of the SIMS 2 via origin, but it keeps telling me I reached my license limit... Does anyone have an idea what to do with this? I have this nieghbourhood since 2004 and i really want to play with it and I got a Surface for college with Windows 10 OS and i would like to play in my dorm as well (when I find the time). Thanks for you time in advance :)
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2016

Hi, please keep in mind that $50 is about what the game cost back in the day when it was first released. This is also about what I paid for Uni. You may not find a better price, but if you can, awesome!

Edited to add: I just looked at both my boxes. $49.99 for the base Sims 2 game, and $34.99 for Uni. So keep those costs n mind when looking. Good luck!
  • Options

Hi, please keep in mind that $50 is about what the game cost back in the day when it was first released. This is also about what I paid for Uni. You may not find a better price, but if you can, awesome!

Edited to add: I just looked at both my boxes. $49.99 for the base Sims 2 game, and $34.99 for Uni. So keep those costs n mind when looking. Good luck!

alright :) thank you :)
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @Hekete You're welcome.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @sim
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @lulubadwolf

yes. Finally :) I've got the UC (and, for advice for the new people, if you have graphic glitch, try with nvidia graphic card, i nearly end up mad until i found out that my computer use intel graphics for the game --' and with nvidia no problem)

@Simsophonique would you like me to PM you in french ?

Yes of course @lulubadwolf and thank you for trying to explain me because there are so much questions I have to ask for before.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    So uhm, has anyone been able to fix the black box underneath your sim?
  • Options
    @ECrafters99

I followed these instructions and it worked for me in game options

You will see that your Shadow Details settings are set to high. All you need to do is set the detail to Medium and apply the changes and the black square will go away.

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-remove-black-squares/

sometimes that has not worked for some players so there is a mod if you do not mind using them

http://simnopke.tumblr.com/post/136184612377/sim-shadow-fix
  • Options
    chloelaurenachloelaurena Posts: 1 New Member
    I read this thread and didn't think I would have any chance of getting the Ultimate Collection, however after 5 minutes on the online EA Chat the game was added to my account.

All I needed was one of my original game codes - definitely worth a try! :)
  • Options
    @chloeserena

well done enjoy your new to you game :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922

Thanks! I will give this a try later!
  • Options
    Thanks @SPARKY1922

It worked!
  • Options
    @ECrafters99

I am pleased you managed to get that sorted now you can get on with enjoying your game :)
  • Options
    MSKyuuniMSKyuuni Posts: 62 Member
    I'm happy to say I got the Ultimate Collection for free! I had a photo of the box/disc ready but all I was asked for was the code. The person I spoke to was very helpful but it did take me a few hours to figure out that using an ad-blocker stops the live chat from working