Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

1424344454648...Next

Comments

• Options
    AliyasimmerAliyasimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, i don't know if this forums topic are still on. but i have a questions. i never ever playes the sims 2 before and never bought them. can i still have a change to get the sims 2 UC for free?
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited March 2020
    hi, i don't know if this forums topic are still on. but i have a questions. i never ever playes the sims 2 before and never bought them. can i still have a change to get the sims 2 UC for free?

No. Sims 2 UC was offered for a limited time around 5 years ago, to people who already owned Sims 2 and had it registered on Origin. It has never been made available to everyone. Some people were able to talk customer service into giving it to them by showing that they owned at least one disk, but last I read even that has not happened in a long time. There was a giveaway back in February for the 20th anniversary, but it's safe to assume whoever that person was that won, they have already received it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    occonooccono Posts: 41 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

No. Sims 2 UC was offered for a limited time around 5 years ago, to people who already owned Sims 2 and had it registered on Origin. It has never been made available to everyone. Some people were able to talk customer service into giving it to them by showing that they owned at least one disk, but last I read even that has not happened in a long time. There was a giveaway back in February for the 20th anniversary, but it's safe to assume whoever that person was that won, they have already received it.

You are mistaken. Everyone, absolutely anyone, was able to get The Sims 2 UC for free by using the code ILOVETHESIMS, back in 2014 I think. That's how I have it, I didn't speak to support and I never owned The Sims 2 before.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    occono wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »

You are mistaken. Everyone, absolutely anyone, was able to get The Sims 2 UC for free by using the code ILOVETHESIMS, back in 2014 I think. That's how I have it, I didn't speak to support and I never owned The Sims 2 before.

I had forgotten about that one. But it started shortly after the promotion I mentioned and ended at the same time, after two weeks. So, they just kinda ran together in my mind.

At any rate. The official statement from EA is basically, yes we ran a promotion in July 2014. We let people have the game until October 2018 if they asked. Stop asking. We aren't doing it anymore.
    You'd think that people constantly asking about something that ended 5 years ago would clue them in to the fact that they could sell it on Origin and make money.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 283 Member
    > @lisamwitt said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I had forgotten about that one. But it started shortly after the promotion I mentioned and ended at the same time, after two weeks. So, they just kinda ran together in my mind.
    >
    > At any rate. The official statement from EA is basically, yes we ran a promotion in July 2014. We let people have the game until October 2018 if they asked. Stop asking. We aren't doing it anymore.
    > You'd think that people constantly asking about something that ended 5 years ago would clue them in to the fact that they could sell it on Origin and make money.

I agree with you, I'm surprised that they haven't released it for sale on Origin at this point. They certainly appear to get asked enough and I would probably buy it. I missed out the first time it came around but I still had all my disks and managed to get it running so I wasn't worried about it, but to not have to do that would be super nice! Ah well, we probably will never get it but I do think they are likely missing out.
  • Options
    Daiana009Daiana009 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I really don't know if someone is going to read this but I want to ask if there's any chance that EA gives TS2 codes in Origin for free again, since so many people wants the game and it's not available to purchase, and the promotion was a time ago, it would be great to have the possibility to download it through an official site, obviously anyone is going to ask for updates or anything, but It would be great to go back in time and have the opportunity of playing it again since it's a requested and loved game of the saga. Sorry for my english I hope you understand. I couldn't ask for the code when the promotion was on but I hope there's another way of getting it officially. Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    Luís_CarvalhoLuís_Carvalho Posts: 1 New Member
    I really wanted to play The Sims 2 and I was very sad when I found out they no longer generate game codes. I used to play it many years ago and would love to do it again someday. It would be great if EA could bring this feature back if not permanently then every year on the game's anniversary or something along those lines. I have a lot of nostalgia and no way to appease. If anyone at EA sees this, please consider all the fans out there who really like the game and miss it.