The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    I don't know why you think TS2 mods (aka hacks) didn't need updating for new EPs (and some SPs) but I know for a fact that most of them did. I helped a few modders with beta testing each time (including that teen one). I also know that tons of 'regular simmers' used plenty of mods/hacks (many use a lot more then I do). Apparently you didn't hang out at the places I did (and where I still do in some cases).

I'm not using the UC and I've been playing since shortly after release. Don't try to act as if you know everything because you obviously don't.

I'm not trying to rebut you, I just never heard of mods being updated for new xp's/patches until Sims 3. I kept using the same mod for the censor blur remove for years and years, without an update and didn't have any problems with it. I used to use Sussissogood's default True Shape skin which had detail and she had on her site a link to the censor blur remove mod, which never changed, and upon clinking on the link the download page didn't instruct to use any version matching any expansion, that was the same experience I had when I used the mod that enabled CC'd objects to be used. Whereas on nraas' mods site, it clearly instructs to use the version that correlates to your current patch. With that difference I just assumed there was something about the way Sims 3 was built that made it more difficult for blanket mods to be made.
    The old strict legacy rules say not to use mods as well as cheats, that is the reason I said a lot of simmers didn't use mods, and also because I remember on the old BBS people used to kind of scold people that used mods.
    If you've had a different experience and I've offended you I apologize.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    I don't know why you think TS2 mods (aka hacks) didn't need updating for new EPs (and some SPs) but I know for a fact that most of them did. I helped a few modders with beta testing each time (including that teen one). I also know that tons of 'regular simmers' used plenty of mods/hacks (many use a lot more then I do). Apparently you didn't hang out at the places I did (and where I still do in some cases).

I'm not using the UC and I've been playing since shortly after release. Don't try to act as if you know everything because you obviously don't.

Sorry but I've just been looking at mods for Sims 2 on Mod the Sims. The first 3, "no apartment noises", "default book covers" and "charge harvest on community lots" don't mention anything about having to get an update. They do say which expansion packs they require but they don't instruct to update it after having any other expansion packs. I'm sure that some mods get improved by some modders, ironing out any bugs that were in it and offer that, but other than having the required expansion/stuff pack on it's own, there is no required update for any other expansion or stuff pack after that. I vaguely remember that even SimPE didn't require additional updates per additional expansion/stuff pack.

If you have pigtails you can flap them now.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    @DivinylsFan You'll have to excuse me but when someone posts incorrect information concerning mods & such, I feel the need to correct it so other people do not mess up their hoods. As I said previously, not all mods needed updating for newer EPs but many did (and yes, Simpe was also updated for new EPs & SPs). It has taken me a bit to respond because I couldn't stop laughing over you naming a mod that was released for the very first time the day you mentioned it (or the day before), as not needing any updates. So anyway, you can believe whatever you want but if you ever decide to use more mods, I hope for your sims sake that you download the correct versions.
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I finally got my UC and am so thrilled! I had bought Double Deluxe so I would have a disc and code to give to the EA advisors. Tried forever to connect using live chat and was waiting in the queue way to long. I finally used the 'call me' option and an advisor called me within the minute. If you take a picture of the Disc, code, your name and signature and have it on your desktop ready to load, the advisor will wait while you upload it to the case number and then they will give you the UC collection. Took less than 30 minutes to download to my computer and am now happily playing. Never played Sims2 before, so I spend a lot of time trying to figure things out like how to send an adult to college. Is that possible? I want to go into the Natural Science career and the option for rat catcher ( entry level position ) would not pop-up on the computer career search.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Congrats on getting the UC. No, it's not possible to send an adult to college. It has to be a teen, and you have to do it BEFORE they age up. You also want to make sure the teen has top grades and skills so that he/she can get the max amount of scholarships possible. So, adult Sims who have not been to college will be unable to get college level careers.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Scarlett2k wrote: »
    I finally got my UC and am so thrilled! I had bought Double Deluxe so I would have a disc and code to give to the EA advisors. Tried forever to connect using live chat and was waiting in the queue way to long. I finally used the 'call me' option and an advisor called me within the minute. If you take a picture of the Disc, code, your name and signature and have it on your desktop ready to load, the advisor will wait while you upload it to the case number and then they will give you the UC collection. Took less than 30 minutes to download to my computer and am now happily playing. Never played Sims2 before, so I spend a lot of time trying to figure things out like how to send an adult to college. Is that possible? I want to go into the Natural Science career and the option for rat catcher ( entry level position ) would not pop-up on the computer career search.

as @SataiDelennn said only teens can go to college. ( They age up to young adult when they get there) BUT, you can go into any college neighborhood, and create a sim there to play at Uni so your sim can get a degree. Not all careers are available everyday, they change daily.
  • Options
    CraftyCupcake19CraftyCupcake19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Omg! I just asked for it and they said they cant give it to me but since I own sims 4 he gave me get to work for free!! Thank you guys so much
  • Options
    Omg! I just asked for it and they said they cant give it to me but since I own sims 4 he gave me get to work for free!! Thank you guys so much

LOL! Ya just keep trying until you find a rep who is willing to hand it out. It can take several tries. Good luck!
  • Options
    EricaFaithsMummyEricaFaithsMummy Posts: 1 New Member
    I had a problem with my disk game and their solution was to give me UC, it was so easy, just had to prove i had the disk!
  • Options
    ebflover777ebflover777 Posts: 32 Member
    Can I have a link to where I can get it?
    he / him, please
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Can I have a link to where I can get it?

As far as I'm aware, there is no link, you just have to contact EA and hope you get a representative who will give it to you. I THINK that is available under HELP at the bottom of the page under "Customer Support." If I'm wrong, hopefully someone else will tell you the correct way to reach EA.
  • Options
    JazzyBJazzyB Posts: 1 New Member
    I have just contacted EA support and can confirm that you are still able to get UC for free. All I needed was the code from the base game and they just replaced it for me. I don't use origin a lot as I prefer to buy physical copies and my rep was very helpful and put it on my account for me when I explained that I wasn't sure how to do it. That was my first time trying but I'm sure if you get a grumpy rep you can just try again, its worth it! :)
  • Options
    mandycane11mandycane11 Posts: 1 New Member
    This definitely still works!! Am currently downloading UC. It took me less than 30 seconds to get connected and all I had to do was provide a picture of my disks and some handwritten info. The CS rep was super great and the whole thing took less than 10 minutes. My best advice is just to give it a shot, the worst they can do is say no! :D
  • Options
    JovakJovak Posts: 1 New Member
    Confirmed. If you have your game code you can still get it. Downloading right now.
  • Options
    Awesome congrats you guys! :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I just came back to this thread and am pleased to see UC is still obtainable :)
  • Options
    saffiredragon9saffiredragon9 Posts: 16 Member
    Just had sims 2 ultimate collection added to my account today - though it didn't seem to want to be added on the advisors end as it wasn't showing up under my games. in the end I was given a code to redeem and that worked perfectly. Downloading now.

I just askedon livechat if there was a way to add my retail version of sims 2 plus a few expansions to my account, having missed the promotion. I gave the advisor codes from sims 2 base game and pets ( though i also have freetime and glamor life stuff ) and she/he went to ask the team if there was a code left for me. Took about 15 mins including all the relogging etc - well worth a try.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @saffiredragon9

Well done enjoy :)
  • Options
    Trees313Trees313 Posts: 1 New Member
    I also just found out about the Promotion today, thanks to just finding my physical copies while cleaning. It took 3 CS reps but I finally have Ultimate Edition on my Origin account.
  • Options
    emrtay19emrtay19 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to share another success story for those of you wondering if it's still possible. I got it on my first try with a GREAT advisor (Sunil, you rock!!). I don't have my physical copies anymore--lost them in a move years ago--but he was able to help me look up my old codes in my computer's registry and then just stuck the UC in my Origin account once he had confirmed the old code was a real one.

For those of you who maybe can't find your old codes, all I had to do was hit the windows key + r, type in "Regedit" without the quotes, then hit control + f to bring up the search bar, and enter 'ergc' again without the quotes. Eventually a list should pop up and under the Data tab, your old code should be listed. Just in case that solution hasn't been posted yet, I thought I'd help!

Happy simming to everyone and good luck to those still trying to get it!!
  • Options
    WillllllyWilllllly Posts: 1 New Member
    Ive been waiting for over 45mins on live support, still nothing, does anyone know a fatster way than live support?
  • Options
    emrtay19emrtay19 Posts: 2 New Member
    What browser are you using? I had to use Internet Explorer in order to get through on live chat; firefox or chrome wouldn't work for me.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This still works guys. It just takes a couple tries.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I was able to get a copy this weekend!! It's suuuuper fun!!
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    This works! I used the code on The Sims Life Stories box to get the UC.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be