The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Trees313

Enjoy your new to you sims 2 UC series it shows that persistent pays off :)

@emrtay19

I have not heard of that method before but that was a great CS rep that went above and beyond to help get your UC and other players in the same position will know what to do now which may help them in future :)

@Willlllly

I normally use Firefox but when contacting CS EA online I have to use Internet Explorer for some reason..

@Marnetti @fionaloveserrano @crzy_gal_101

Well done all I am so pleased to see you are all still able to get UC, I play my 2 more than 3 at the moment :)
  • Options
    fwab123fwab123 Posts: 5 New Member
    Is it possible to get the game if you own the PS2 version?
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    fwab123 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get the game if you own the PS2 version?
    @fwab123 You have to own one of these to get it:
    The Sims 2 Base Game
    Any Stuff or Expansion Pack
    The Sims Life Stories
    The Sims Pet Stories
    The Sims Castaway Stories
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    I have the base game, castaway, and pets. I guess it isn't good enough? :(
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I have the base game, castaway, and pets. I guess it isn't good enough? :(

Are they the pc versions?
    @fwab123
  • Options
    Nope. The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 pets are on the PS2 and Castaway is on the Wii.
  • Options
    @fwab123

I am not sure if you could get the PC version for the PS2 version of the game but my instinct is to say you still bought those games and if you get a helpful customer service rep they may give you the series but you will not know unless you try, you have nothing to lose..also maybe don't mention that they are PS2 versions unless you have to :)
  • Options
    Okay, thank you guys for the help! I'll let you guys know after I try it if it worked or not.
  • Options
    Hey, guys it worked! At first they weren't sure if they would be able to give me it since I don't own the PC version but it all worked out :D
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hey, guys it worked! At first they weren't sure if they would be able to give me it since I don't own the PC version but it all worked out :D

You're lucky! how did you do it? @fwab123 did you give them a code or anything?
    I just tried to get the PC version of MySims by proving that I owned the Wii version. I went through 2 advisors and they wouldn't let me. I mentioned how fwab123 was able to get the UC by having the PS2 version and they said that Advisor didn't follow the rules and must be counseled! :open_mouth:@SPARKY1922
    Post edited by crzy_gal_101 on
  • Options
    @fwab123

I am so pleased for you and glad it all worked out. I am sure you will enjoy your new to you series :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member

You're lucky! how did you do it? @fwab123 did you give them a code or anything?
    I just tried to get the PC version of MySims by proving that I owned the Wii version. I went through 2 advisors and they wouldn't let me. I mentioned how fwab123 was able to get the UC by having the PS2 version and they said that Advisor didn't follow the rules and must be counseled! :open_mouth:@SPARKY1922

I got the MySims for PC when I asked about why my SimsCity 4 wouldn't open any more and I was upset that they took so long to get back to me that I bought it again from Origin. They first offered me the Ultimate Collection but when I said I had it already they gave me My Sims- which I said thanks but I doubt I'll play it, and I haven't.
  • Options
    @Rflong7

LOL I thought you were talking about Sims 1 for a minute then I realized of course its not digital so had to go look for my Sims to see what you were talking about and I must agree I doubt I would ever play it either or be very pleased it was offered as some kind of compensation. well we are talking about EA here :)
  • Options
    WellieWellie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, Does this work in the UK? I have tried to live chat with EA support and it says 5 minutes waiting time but never connects through,

many thanks
  • Options
    Wellie wrote: »
    Hey, Does this work in the UK? I have tried to live chat with EA support and it says 5 minutes waiting time but never connects through,

many thanks

Are you using Chrome? Use Internet Explorer/edge instead.
  • Options
    Hi Wellie

I am in the UK and normally use Firefox however I can never get through to EA chat on this browser so I use internet explorer which does the trick so have a go at using different ones to get through :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Yes, Firefox wouldn't connect for me- always said 5 minutes. I got them by using the call back option, once. They did help so no complaint there. I was just upset that it took so long and I didn't try a different browser so I got tired of waiting so I bought SimCity4 on Origin- at least it was cheap; I guess. :)

LoL! @SPARKY1922 If I could get TS1 download collection off Origin I'd be playing it some. It won't start for me anymore on my Win8 -Oops, Win10. :(
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Rflong7 The Sims Complete Collection wouldn't work for me either with Windows 10. I followed this thread and now it works.
    Here is the thread (4th post): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848531/help-getting-the-sims-complete-collection-to-run-on-windows-10/p1
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Thanks, @Simasaurus09 I'll check it out. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Rflong7

It took me a while to realize why I could not get through to EA chat on Firefox as well but other players have no problem with it so who knows lol

I am keeping windows 7 for as long as possible and as I have a home PC build and my own 7 disc I will just keep going until its no longer possible-) On 7 I now have the sims 1 collection installed ( although the graphics are fine its just the sims themselves that look a little weird so I am buying an old spec laptop just to install and play it on as I already know I like it)

I have sims 2 UC, everything Sims 3 including the whole store and some sims 4 and everything plays fine at the moment apart from 3 that can be a little laggy due to the sheer amount of mods/CC with 2 catching up a close second :)

I like the fact I can play whichever series I want from one PC and I really don't want it to change :)
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Most of my games are long gone, but I just found Sims 2 University complete with the code. Does this mean there's still a chance that I could get the Ultimate collection?
  • Options
    @Hannie

I would defo try just tell them you lost everything in a series of moves but you have managed to find this expansion pack and code and see how it goes from there, if you don't get a result the first time keep trying as some players have been known to try 5-6 times or more before they have managed to get it. Some players have been given it without having to prove they ever owned the game lucky things, and others like me had to re-buy the base game to have it given to me. If they are prepared to accept they may well ask you to photograph the game case and code and send it to them as proof. Good luck and come back and let us know how it went :)
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Hannie

I would defo try just tell them you lost everything in a series of moves but you have managed to find this expansion pack and code and see how it goes from there, if you don't get a result the first time keep trying as some players have been known to try 5-6 times or more before they have managed to get it. Some players have been given it without having to prove they ever owned the game lucky things, and others like me had to re-buy the base game to have it given to me. If they are prepared to accept they may well ask you to photograph the game case and code and send it to them as proof. Good luck and come back and let us know how it went :)

Got it on the first try :smiley: Had to send a picture of my game and then they added it to my origin :)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    Glad to see people are still able to get it.
  • Options
    @Hannie

I am so pleased for you enjoy your 2 series all over again :)