Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @StSciurus I tried to duplicate your structure, but I'm not getting the black corners on the trim. Is there any chance you might share this build as a "Test Graphics Bug" (or whatever name you like) on the Gallery?

Here is the gallery link for my build. @BryonyRae .

sawdust wrote: »
    @StSciurus Is there any chance you have a mod or CC in the game that might be interfering?

When I build for the gallery, @sawdust , I remove the Mods folder with my CC from the Sims 4 folder and put a game generated clean Mods folder in its place. There shouldn't have been any CC in my game when I was building.
  • Options
    SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    Hi @BryonyRae Just letting you know that the invisible walls is still a problem in my game. I also thought it was to do with new builds. But when I place really old lots of mine in game now they show up with the same problem =/
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @SakuraLeon did you test with a new save? People are still seeing the problem in older saves sometimes but not in new, from what I can tell. This unfortunately seems to be the case with a lot of bugs that get fixed - old saves remain affected.

@StSciurus Thanks! Will take a look at it today.

@sooozeeebeee Thank you for that information! I wonder if you'd consider posting it in rosemow's tips thread as well, if you haven't already.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @StSciurus It's a weird one, all right. I downloaded your build and took a look (nice work, by the way!), and while I didn't see the black corner effect during the day, I did see a muted version of it at night. Note that I placed the build on different lots in different worlds, just to see if there was any correlation. I tried a few things, then changed it to residential and brought a sim onto the lot to try a few more.

This is what the darkening effect looked like at night:
    nightcorners_zpsnn8g49wp.jpg

Still visible even with all the lights turned off, although not as easily spotted:
    nightcornersnolight_zpsqliib9ff.jpg

I went off to Manage Worlds and then re-entered the lot in live mode, and boom, saw your original blackened corners in daytime:
    blackcorners_zpsk6stetyp.jpg

As soon as I switched to build mode though, they went away and did not re-appear in live mode until I went back out to Manage Worlds and then back in again.

I went back to testing and tried removing the dance floor and bathrooms above to see if that made a difference (it didn't) and after that, I tried removing the top floor ceiling, and sure enough, the darkened corners went away. If I cover the building again, the effect comes back. If I leave it open, no blackened corners. This tells me that it may be related to our original "black shadow on ceiling" issue that we've had since the beginning of the game. I will add this to the bug report for it.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Thank you, @BryonyRae , for checking it out! :smiley: As I said before, it's weird but it doesn't bother me too much, especially since it works with my black and white color scheme! :wink:
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    There is a mod over at Mod The Sims that allows you to buy the insect spawners and place them. I haven't tested it exhaustively but the lot I placed some worked OK. They do disappear if you catch them and you will have to replace them. Obviously because it is CC I have never used them on a lot I placed on the Gallery to know whether they are stable through that process.
  • Options
    1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    flying_gable_large.jpg
    I'd love it if we can extend the peak of Gabled Roofs outward so that we can make Flying Gables
    That way we can be able to create a variety of architectural styles around the globe such as Polynesian, Southeast Asian, and Alpine dwellings!
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I know that someone else had a similar problem, but I can't remember if there is a work around for this. I am building two mirror image townhouses. On one side when I am up on the third level, the windows on the second level disappear, as does the door:
    U8fLsCC.png

When I go down to the second level, the windows and doors reappear:
    ViaV16Z.png

On the mirror image townhouse, this visual effect is not happening:
    ZTk7xcj.png

Any advice?

Edit: Interestingly, when I replaced the half wall with a glass fence, the glitch disappeared. I can live with the glass fence if that is my best option.
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the workaround @StSciurus - to use fencing instead of the half wall. We have reported the bug, so I hope it will get fixed soon!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thank you, @BryonyRae ! Actually, I guess necessity really is the mother of invention. I like the fencing a lot better than the half wall, now that I've used it!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Can I add my request to those already on this thread that we can get The "Restroom Republic" showing with the Park items when we want to build a park? I have tried the cheats/debugs and it still does not appear. Thanks

Actually, it would be a useful item to put outside Restaurant al-fresco diners as well.
  • Options
    It shows up @Mchap353 when I have bb.showhiddenobjects on. It's under plumbing/toilets.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2016
    @sawdust I keep getting "command failed" when I do that. (in build mode on empty lot)

Making a "National Park" and,,,,

I just checked again and I saw them when I put in "showhiddenobjects on" missing out the bb.
  • Options
    sweety_blondysweety_blondy Posts: 117 Member
    Since everyone here is talking about building improvements, I'm hoping this is the correct spot to place this issue:

Two of the larger lots in Willow Creek - Oakenstead and the one right beside it - have terrain issues. I cannot lay flooring down in the middle of the lot to connect paths. The tiles just keep chasing each other out of the way. I also have fences disappear into the ground in the same areas. Does anyone know of how to fix this? It's as if the ground is not flat, and now that we don't have any way of changing that (I miss terrain tools) I do not know how to fix the lots.
    Origin id: LunaLycaon
    Simming since the beginning ;)
  • Options
    @sweety_blondy this is a known issue with certain lots, and the lots you reference do have uneven terrain. However, you should be able to place flooring on those lots. Are you working in an older save? If so, try creating a new save (also clear your cache and repair the game first). Did you bulldoze the lot before you began building on it? If not, save your WIP to the library, bulldoze, and then place it from the library and see if you are able to place flooring properly. If this doesn't help and you have a build-in-process, I can take a look at it if you wouldn't mind sharing it on the Gallery (you can call it something like "Test Terrain Bug" so people will steer clear of it). Just let me know which lot you had it on.
  • Options
    @sweety_blondy one thing I would add to what @BryonyRae said would be after saving and bulldozing, is to build a pool over the entire lot (to within one square of edge), bulldoze that then place the house from your Library.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hi dear Bry, I though about reporting the issue that dear @lisi_ja encountered from my WIP thread.

She had an issue where her Sims can't fish from a debug fishing sign near the pool. This is what she stated:
    lisi_ja wrote: »
    I've already placed fishing signs near pools, but I had issues, when there was no access to the pool (the sims could not fish)... Now I'm curious what was the real problem ;):smiley:

Do you have any workaround for it? Because I can know is the object is too near the water feature. Thank you again for the consideration! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2016
    @RyeCris16 you can have a fishing sign in the middle of a yard with no water anywhere, and sims can fish. You will see fish jumping out of the ground lol. The sim must not be able to get to the sign and the designated fishing area. Are there plants or rocks near the sign that might be blocking the route?
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited July 2016
    by @TallCandle my fellow from Polish Forum
    Unfortunately he can't give here links and photos
    ==================================================
    With a help of polish-language forum I have studied the problem with uneven terrain. I faced the problem when I wanted to build a house on 1+ level foundation and do not introduce any stairs or terrace in front of door. I heard it is possible but I failed on my lot. Accidently I made it on different lot. So I conducted a deep study through a test.
    1) The testing environment
    The test was carried on The Sims 4 with Game Pack: Spa Day and two Stuff Packs: Luxury Party Stuff and Perfect Patio Stuff. The game was tested on relatively new save (I restarted the game two weeks ago) and before the test I have checked the game by "Repair the game" in Origin. I do not think my game was spoiled by anything.
    2) Test Conditions
    I tested every lot of three worlds: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest. I built a single room with door only and I elevated the room to 1+ foundation level. Then I checked with a Sim if he can enter the building or not. In case of failure (but also a success to confirm) I moved the room around the lot and check again. I repeated this few times in different area of the lot. Just to add: I bulldozed every lot to a housing lot.
    3) Picture of the tested builiding:
    obrazek3.jpg
    4) The Sim succeeded to enter the house or not:
    obrazek2.jpg
    5) Results from Willow Creek:
    obrazek4.jpg
    6) Results from Oasis Springs:
    obrazek5.jpg
    7) Results from Newcrest:
    Obrazek_1.jpg
    8) Commentary
    Newcrest from the world's view looked the most flat, but eventually there is not a lot flat terrain on this map (I think it's hilarious). The flattest is Oasis Springs, Willow Creek is also quite ok but you probably have to bulldoze night club, library etc. to get the flattest lots (they have the best lots in the world).
    I have compared my results with others on polish forum and they had similar results (example of their results on Willow Creek Link Shout-out to @waniSims )Some lots were entirely flat, some weren't and some were in some degree uneven (you had to find a good area on the lot to be able to enter the house).
    So now these maps can help people finding a good lot to build a 1+ foundation house without any terrace or stairs leading to the front doors. But I wish we will have the problem solved (by introducing aligning tool or just by fixing areas that look flat, but they aren't.)
    Post edited by kreatora on
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    @RyeCris16 I think @sooozeeebeee gave you the most likely answer to this issue. Thank you, Sooo. :)

@kreatora Non-routable foundation was a bug that was fixed in a prior patch. Not good news to hear it may be back. I will take a look. I do wonder if it could have to do with trying to route up directly through a door. When I used to test for this bug, I simply used flats, not rooms, so this may be a new twist.

I'm adding a request to add routable grass based on this thread.
  • Options
    I also wanted to update people on the blue (glowing) curtains issue that was supposed to be fixed in the patch. There are some reports on the AHQ that it is still an issue, at least in saves created prior to the patch. Is anyone else still seeing it in new games or old?
  • Options
    I'm also removing the following bug from the list, as it indeed does appear to be fixed:

6/3/16 Graphics Glitch - Room walls are invisible in some cases (see pgs 52-55). AHQ report.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    I also wanted to update people on the blue (glowing) curtains issue that was supposed to be fixed in the patch. There are some reports on the AHQ that it is still an issue, at least in saves created prior to the patch. Is anyone else still seeing it in new games or old?

Hi :smile:
    I haven't tried in a new save, but I do experience the curtain bug in my 'old' save.
  • Options
    I don't play to know about old saves but I did have a WIP when the last update came out and one curtain was all glowy blue. I just replaced it with a new curtain and problem fixed. :)