Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Sooo excited about my new update ... I am finally CURRENT in my story. I promised to hurry on into the new stuff and I am keeping that promise .. think this one might have a surprise or two for them! It was prob the most fun I have had writing one in a while! And so far with just a few readers it has had EXACTLY the response I had hoped for. :)

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/snow-and-prince-redux-11-something-wicked-this-way-comes/

[img][/img]04-13-16_1-38-31nbspAM_zpsgndicvll.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @Everyone,

Hope that you're all doing well. Am just stopping by to let you all know that I stopped playing Sims a little over 4 weeks ago. After graduallIy losing interest in the game over the past few months, I finally decided to listen to my inner voice and come back to the real world. Unlike most players who are able play and still attend to RL responsibilities, I became addicted and let it take over my life and the only way to break that cycle was to cut it from my life.

Due to my health issues, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, I also need to start going for walks, eat healthier and lose weight so that I'm not dead at 50. Also need to focus on my spiritual life by getting back to doing what my Lord would have me do and spend more time with the friends I've in real life.

That said, I will always treasure the friendships that have made here and you all can find me on Facebook on my main page under Janet Tedford. Have also taken another step in packing up my computer to get back to my duties as the helpmate to my husband and home that I'm supposed to be.

Since it's a pain typing on a laptop, I will close my farewell post by wishing you all the best as you continue Simming and please feel free to use my Simself or any of my Sims in your games and I will live on in @Simslover's game and updates from time to time. May pop in to say 'hi' once in awhile but for the most part will only be found on FB since Origin will not be added to my hubby's laptop. For any who would like to keep in touch via email, you can at jangted@gmail.com.

Hugs to you all,

Silver
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SilverDaybreak It's been nice to have you here on the forums, but I totally understand if you need and wish to step back. I wish you all the best. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    BIG HUGS @SilverDaybreak .. stay in touch Janet <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Eliza isn’t have a very good day at work. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-2-5-lazy-cops/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Awww, @SilverDaybreak! I totally get it. I should take a few steps back myself. Enjoy your life!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Aww, that's really sad to hear, @SilverDaybreak . You were one of my best friends around here and you will be missed dearly. I really appreciated all the kind things you did for me, like make me a TS4 Simself for Christmas, sending me your old copy of TS2, supporting me through my Daily Chronic Headaches, and just dropping by my chat in the evenings for a visit (that little chat channel has been empty since then, heh). I don't have Facebook so I'll wish you the best in whatever you do! Love ya hun.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    @mastressalita : Thank you for all you've done in this thread and know that it is in good hands with you and @SilentWolf101. Can you send me the link to your chat channel so that I can stop by there when able, please?
  • Options
    @SilverDaybreak Sure, the web portal link is still here. Also if you ever lose it (or anyone else ever wants to drop by) it can always be found on the front page of the Stories and Legacies Index thread (just look in the table contents for the link to the post that has "IRC Chatroom" on it).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Hey all.

Sorry for my lack of activity. This time I have reason. Lately, I've not been sleeping too well. All through this week, I've been having a hard time just falling to sleep and I get up constantly. I kid you not, last night, I didn't nod off until almost 3:30 AM. So, all this week, I've been tired but trying to make it on anyway. Good thing there's coffee. :tongue:

I'm not really sure what's to blame for my nighttime disturbances. My doctor suggested I drink a little before bed, just because it sounded like I wasn't drinking enough water. I tried it and it made it worse. I didn't get to bed until almost 4:00. So, that's been worrying me. Yes, I'm a worrywart. If they paid people to worry, I'd have years of experience. So yeah, I haven't felt like doing much of anything. And I'm sorry for that. I don't mean to ignore you.

@SilverDaybreak: I never got to know you that well, but I'm sorry to see you go. Still, you have to do what you have to do, and if that means leaving, then I guess that's it. Still, I'll miss you. Take care, Silver. :)
  • Options
    @thesealofthesims I have sleep issues on occasion .. Well I actually sleep very little anyway but I find that melatonin is a wonderful sleep aid. I also drink a nice hot cup of sleepytime herb tea every night with the melatonin ... can't hurt :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    @thesealofthesims I have sleep issues on occasion .. Well I actually sleep very little anyway but I find that melatonin is a wonderful sleep aid. I also drink a nice hot cup of sleepytime herb tea every night with the melatonin ... can't hurt :)

I like valerian root. It doesn’t necessarily put me to sleep, but when I do sleep it makes the quality better. I take it a lot when I know I’m not gonna get enough hours. Hmmm…think I’ll go take some now so I can be a little bit sleepy by the time I want to be in bed!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    My favorite evening tea is Tension Tamer! I absolutely love that stuff! I'm not the only one, either. It's become quite popular after a video where popular Drag Queen Coco Peru goes on a quest during Christmas season to find Tension Tamer tea... and fails.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    I LOVE tension tamer Teaand the sleepy time I have has Valerian root in it .. so I agree with both of you @mastressalita and @Jes2G
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Now that Khuriban and Cerridwen's children have all aged up into Teens, I have finally latched onto the child that I will now declare as my new heiress, Chinoe. Here is how she turned out!

Teen%20Chinoe_zpskvbjrj89.png

@SilverDaybreak: Like I said on Facebook, you are definitely doing the right thing. Your health MUST come first above anything else. It's not easy breaking an addiction like Sims, but I'm glad that you're taking this situation by grabbing the bull by the horns, so to speak. I wish you a farewell here in this thread, but will still be keeping in touch with you on Facebook. I am very proud that you have made this decision. You go girl!

@Everyone: I am definitely finally starting to get back on my feet although yesterday was hard because of the dizziness, but I got a lot of Simming done and as I mentioned above, I have named Chinoe to be the future matriarch of the 25th generation of the Nolan clan. I'll admit, it was a very difficult choice to make because her baby sister Nirrite aged up to be absolutely gorgeous too, but the more I scrolled back and forth between the two in CAS, I found that Chinoe had a softer facial structure which made her appear more elegant, and she's a very studious girl too and is a social butterfly, though with the way that the makers of Sims 4 have botched up story progression again, there aren't too many people for her to get to know which will mean that getting her to her aspiration milestones will be a bit tricky. Then again, I hardly ever focus on their aspirations anyways, so Chinoe will just have to learn that she has few people to chat with and that she should just settle down with a husband and start a family. It's been a busy past two days for my Sims, but I firmly feel that Chinoe is the best choice! And thank you everyone with the get well wishes. I really appreciate it. I have such a weakened immune system due to the fact that I have no large intestine left and I'm relying solely on just my small intestine to get me by, so it doesn't take me long to come down with something. ANYWAYS, I hope you are all having a great day/night and I will be popping in and out over the next few days to share Chinoe's progress in her life!
  • Options
    Good morning!

Uh oh. Eliza tells Asia what she really thinks of her and Jared! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-2-6-wouldnt-understand/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    OH! Apparently I had two chapters scheduled for today...and I have no idea why. Anywho lol, here's another look at Eliza at work! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-2-7-busted/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hello everybody! I have been quiet for far too long... Got caught up in the lovely world of minecraft after having found an amazing online server. XD Anyways, how is everybody doing today? :)

@mastressalita Sadly, I cannot find the pose I need for my photo, and Blender is being a pain in the patooty, so I can't create my own, either. :(
    @SilverDaybreak I'm sorry to see you go, but I hope that you start feeling better here soon. *hugs*

If I missed anybody, let me know and I'll respond. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey there :) hope all you guys are well. I started a bullet journal today and it seems really fun and productive so far :) will try to keep it up for at least two months. I wanted to buy a fancy moleskin notebook for it but the shop in my town doesn't sell them :/ I might order one on the Interwebs or go to cologne because there's a whole moleskin store there. Someone please stop me. I will be broke after shopping there I love notebooks.
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @Silverdaybreak Real life always takes priority and I respect you immensely for taking that step for your health. Hopefully you'll stop in from time to time to say hi.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @SilverDaybreak: I wish you well! Thanks for the thread and stuff.

@Julyvee94: I've always wanted a moleskine notebook, but I can never justify the cost and end up buying 70 cent spiral bound ones instead. :p

---

rs6OoxI.jpg

But then Franco got a closer look at its splendor, glowing in the nighttime. It wasn’t a house at all. It was…an observatory?
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hey there :) hope all you guys are well. I started a bullet journal today and it seems really fun and productive so far :) will try to keep it up for at least two months. I wanted to buy a fancy moleskin notebook for it but the shop in my town doesn't sell them :/ I might order one on the Interwebs or go to cologne because there's a whole moleskin store there. Someone please stop me. I will be broke after shopping there I love notebooks.

I love notebooks too! I bought a very nice Italian leather one a few years ago with LOTS of pages in it so I wouldn’t have to buy another one for a while. It worked—for a second—but then I “needed” journals for other things. So much for that idea lol. What’s a bullet journal though?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Things are going well for Adrianne and Brenan. They kept up their moods and jobs. The house got a upgrade this week. Adrianne and Brenan also took some free time to relax. Had some breakdowns but nothing major.
  • Options
    Today's installment of Prince and Snow's ongoing saga is appropriately entitled "Surprises" ... I am certain you will find a few :)

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/06/17/snow-and-prince-redux-12-surprises/

[img][/img]04-06-16_3-18-32nbspPM_zps1lrgofpt.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    @jes2g it's a todo/Journal System that works with different bullets for different stuff and an Index at the front of the Notebook. There's a website -> bulletjournal.com

@InfraGreen normally I think they are too expensive as well but this time I really want a Notebook with better paper which is inksafe so I can write in it with my special pen

EDIT: I ended up ordering a notebook from another brand. I didn't know it but they seem similar to moleskin and the paper quality was even better. Same price though *hides* well I guess I treated myself. No food for me this week xD
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on