The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Also have a nice Midsummer, everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @thesealofthesims I think I read somewhere that Appaloosa Plains was modeled off the mid-western region of the US, so I guess like Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska etc. etc!

@everyone Actually I've thought a little bit about where all the sims 3 worlds are based, what do you guys think? So far I reckon it goes like this:

Sunset Valley: i have no idea (this could be anywhere maybe?)

Twinbrook: Louisiana/Arkansas & everywhere southern & coastal as far as Florida with swamps!

Bridgeport: New York City

Appaloosa Plains: Missouri/Iowa/Kansas

Starlight Shores: Los Angeles

Riverview: I guess Texas or something, like Sunset Valley i feel like this could be a lot of places

Lucky Palms: Palm Springs/Nevada/Arizona

Moonlight Falls: Washington/Oregon maybe

Sunlit Tides: Hawaii/Fiji/Micronesia

Isla Paradiso: Jamaica/Cuba/Haiti etc

Monte Vista: Southern France/Portugal/Spain/possibly southern Italy?

I know there are many more worlds but I've just listed the ones i have :) Let me know where you guys think these worlds are based in real like, I'd would be super interesting to see!

s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @hellohannah2 : I know @CathyTea mentioned once that Sunset Valley looked a lot like Santa Cruz, California (and the Maxis studios are in the Bay Area) and once I heard that it made total sense, as I vacation there often! Now I always think of that town as a "bay area" city.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @hellohannah2 : I know @CathyTea mentioned once that Sunset Valley looked a lot like Santa Cruz, California (and the Maxis studios are in the Bay Area) and once I heard that it made total sense, as I vacation there often! Now I always think of that town as a "bay area" city.

Yes, I always have felt that Sunset Valley was inspired by Santa Cruz! We've got the bay to the south, like the Monterrey Bay, the hills and mountains with redwoods to the north--even maybe a few hidden waterfalls! The garden mall in the center of town. Even the architecture is Santa Cruz-like! I also feel that Riverview is a lot like Chico, CA, or the inland Northern California, and Appaloosa Plains feels like Davis, CA, to me.

I agree with all your others! And there's that cool World with the hot air balloon--I can't remember the name of that one ATM, but it's got those brightly colored homes and hot springs--it reminds me of maybe Iceland or something!

I played TS3 last night and had a blast! The Sims were way smarter and way more complex than I'd remembered or noticed before. Through playing TS4, my style of play has shifted a lot (more observant, more respectful of the Sims' decisions and self-direction, and more relying on autonomy) so that probably affected the experience.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Hi all! I think I'm going to have to put my challenge on hiatus. I'm just not motivated to continue it at the moment, and I can't even do the next couple of updates because I've lost my notebook. I still have all the pictures but no notes and no gossip because they were all in my notebook. I hope to get back to finishing this some day, especially as I want to see how Constance's children turn out, but I just can't at the moment. I'm not even reading anything sims related, so I think I'm just skimmed out at the moment. I will get back into things hopefully soon!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Riverview: I guess Texas or something, like Sunset Valley i feel like this could be a lot of places

Riverview reminds me a lot of the smaller old countryside towns that are all over Finland too. So yeah, it could definitely be a lot of places.

Speaking of Riverview, hi, everyone! Here's a new chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 15: Light Side, Grey Side
    3x8l31t.jpg

Things are going smoothly in Riverview. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t going downhill elsewhere.

A.k.a This is like two mini chapters mashed up into one. Yay for confused tones! :dizzy:
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited June 2016
    Posting the start of a new story called "Marooned: The Island of Woe." It's illustrated using Sims 3 and is VERY loosely based on the Midnight Sun Challenge. We start off with our founder, Lynette Butler, who finds herself stranded and alone after a sea voyage gone wrong changes everything.

Lynette%2BButler.jpg
    Chapter 1, Shipwrecked

Lynette explains how she got to the island and realizes she is stranded.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Whew! At long, LONG last, a new chapter for "As Tears Go By" is available. Debbie is back and she's hopping mad.

Debbie%2B%2526%2BEricka%2B2.jpg

"As Tears Go By," Chapter 9, He*ll Hath No Fury

Debbie is confronted by Simon's wife, who holds nothing back.
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    7000_zpsmjeyicij.png

Hi guys, I'm ready with the next chapter of the Talented. You can read it here!

And a little reply:
    @thesealofthesims I'm sorry to hear things have been rough for you. The heat here has been pretty unbearable as well - actually, it's mostly the humidity. When we went outside the past couple of days it's felt like we were hit by a wall of heat. Ugh. It's not even sunny - just hot and humid. Awful. I hope you'll get back into your writing again, soon. And thanks. I do hope that I can get the license soon so I don't have to keep doing lessons and so on and so forth. It's not fun.
  • Options
    moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Hey everyone :D I recently started playing sims 3 again and i'm in love with it.. sooo I might be making a story! I feel like this is the thread where there are more ts3 writers so I came over to chill :3
  • Options
    gnaslinggnasling Posts: 208 Member
    @BabyDollAnne Hiya - welcome to the thread :# there are a fair few of us ts3 writers here (if you couldn't already tell, I'm one xD). Looking forward to seeing what story you come up with :)
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    @thesealofthesims: I think all of us in our area are glad that the storm died out. I live at the tail-end of Tornado Alley and have grown up with bad storms rolling in and with the fact that my dad is obsessed with severe weather and loves to storm chase, but these days we can't afford our car getting hit by any kind of storm so he has had to lay off that one obsession lol. Lol one time when I was a little girl, he got the wise idea that we should all go out and sit on our porch swing as a massive storm rolled in and in just like two minutes, we heard this enormous cracking noise and a huge tree branch hurtled through our front porch roof leaving a huge hole in its wake and my mom a very lucky woman because, out of instinct, I had shoved her out of the way when I saw the branch lunge through the roof and she very narrowly managed to avoid being hit by it, and fortunately all I got was a scratch on the wrist from a nail coming from the wreckage. That was NOT my dad's finest hour lol needless to say he no longer has the whole family come gather around and watch a storm roll in, especially with the fact that my state has some very "bipolar" weather and we never know whether or not the storm coming straight for us is actually going to hit us big time or just blow a little bit like the Big Bad Wolf and end up doing nothing, but thank God we have a basement in our current house. It's a very sturdy basement despite it being unfinished, but it's solid concrete everywhere and the windows are very small so it does give me some feeling of safety being down there during a storm. At least until my cats decide to pick fights with each other while us humans are begging God to save our lives lol! And thank you for the compliments on my Sims; I think the girls turned out very well!

In reality news, I was laying in bed just now and my very gentle, attentive cat named Finn whom I have dubbed to be my "nurse kitty" since he never leaves my side if I'm sick or in pain and he will stroke my cheek very lovingly if he senses I am in any kind of distress and he still loves to lay as close to being in my arms as he can despite him weighing seventeen pounds, and just now he hopped up on my bed and was staring at my wall my bed is up against very attentively and normal I don't give that any credence since he just stares into space all the time or stares at something I can't see, but this time I had this instinct to look up just to see a huge black spider lingering on my wall, so very close to dropping on my bed and I lunged out of bed, grabbed the nearest sturdy item I had available which was a coloring book, stood on my bed which is a very risky thing to do since I don't have great balance as it is, but thankfully I managed to slam my book flat on that spider and it is now nothing but a pancake. Gosh, my Finn becomes more and more amazing every day lol!
  • Options
    Pride01-00.jpg

It's time for Sims Pride! Please join us for a lovely parade of photos submitted from Simmers in the community that highlight all the beautiful diversity amongst Simmers and Sim creations! There are plenty of delicious rainbow cupcakes to go around!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hello folks.

Despite being a 40+ year-old male, I've been a Sims fan from the start. I recently invested in a laptop and The Sims 4, which I've been enjoying playing for the last 3 months.

I currently have three generations living in a huge mansion and life is cool...for them anyway!
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Welcome @calapfy

@everyone else, sorry I havent been around but have been busy working and sometimes playing :) Hope you are all ok
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, @calaprfy!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    @TheoriesOfHappiness: Hi, Holland, welcome to the group. It's always nice to see new people here. Me, I'm in the middle of a rewrite of one of my Sims stories, but hopefully, I'll have it ready for the group sooner rather than later, knock on wood. :tongue:

i've been rolling around trying to read through as many stories as i can since i don't have much to do (i have a leg injury) so i hope i can read yours when it's prepared! i started off writing as hope but recently i've turned my focus to a legacy challenge attempt (since i got semi-tired of playing hope as i'm not that big a fan of the child sims).

@TheoriesOfHappiness welcome :) I must have missed your introduction. Sorry to hear about your injury :/ reading simlit can be an amazing past time and distraction ^^ I try to read lots of stories but it's often hard. For your legacy challenge, maybe the child sims would get more interesting with the release of kids room stuff (from your avi I guess you are playing sims 4?) or maybe you could just let the child sims do their own thing on autonomy and just play the adults?
    Hi all! I think I'm going to have to put my challenge on hiatus. I'm just not motivated to continue it at the moment, and I can't even do the next couple of updates because I've lost my notebook. I still have all the pictures but no notes and no gossip because they were all in my notebook. I hope to get back to finishing this some day, especially as I want to see how Constance's children turn out, but I just can't at the moment. I'm not even reading anything sims related, so I think I'm just skimmed out at the moment. I will get back into things hopefully soon!

@MayaRose1138 ugh losing your notebook sounds awful :( I really hope you'll find motivation to continue again someday. I would be pretty unmotivated if I lost all my notes too :( But hey maybe it's a cue to start something new :) fresh starts can be very interesting.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Hello folks.

Despite being a 40+ year-old male, I've been a Sims fan from the start. I recently invested in a laptop and The Sims 4, which I've been enjoying playing for the last 3 months.

I currently have three generations living in a huge mansion and life is cool...for them anyway!

@calaprfy welcome :) oh I know quite a few male sims fans on these forums ^^ so you're not alone. have fun simming!
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oh! @RipuAncestor, I totally missed this two days ago and now I have to go to work. :( Cries. (Maybe I can read it over coffee?)

On that note - I must put on clothes and get booking or else I'll be late and everything. Hope you all have an awesome day!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @Julyvee94
    no worries, and it's not too severe of a leg injury, just some nerve damage is keeping me down haha
    i used to write on tumblr and followed a lot of story blogs, but when you get busy it can be really hard to keep up sometimes hahah or if it's been awhile since the last update, you eventually forget to check it as often and when you remember, you're like 5 updates behind. it's why i have my story set to publish on the same days every week; cause i hate getting left behind by random updates hahaha.
    as for hope, my challenge focused on me playing her as the only sim (The Lonely Child Challenge) since they can't cook, work or clean. it was more interesting to play a sim where you have really little control. i think my main issue was more than i'd get frustrated or bored playing as the child (and i had been planning on starting my legacy as well, and i think my excitement for my legacy overwhelmed my excitement for my child challenge). thank you for the advice though, and the friendly welcome! (:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Oh! @RipuAncestor, I totally missed this two days ago and now I have to go to work. :( Cries. (Maybe I can read it over coffee?)

On that note - I must put on clothes and get booking or else I'll be late and everything. Hope you all have an awesome day!

@ra3rei Heh, it's fine. Have a nice work day. Or... I don't know, it's probably over or close to being over already. Aaagh, sending messages through time(zones) is haaaaard! :dizzy: Anyway, have a nice time!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys :) just wanted to let you know there's an origin sale going on for sims 4 and the major dlc packs ^^ so if you've been thinking about getting Sims 4 now might be the time. It's 24 Euros here not sure how much that would be in your currency ^^
  • Options
    Steam is also having its big Summer Sale. The Sims 3 is on Steam, and right now the base game, all EPs, and all SPs are only $4.99 a piece (in US currency... no idea how the sale translates to other regions).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Steam is also having its big Summer Sale. The Sims 3 is on Steam, and right now the base game, all EPs, and all SPs are only $4.99 a piece (in US currency... no idea how the sale translates to other regions).

Also, if you want to add them to your Origin library (like if you've already bought TS3 on there but bought add-ons in Steam), you can transfer them to Origin using the serials. Here's a good article on it.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited June 2016
    Would anyone like to check out my stories? My stories can be get graphic, have some mature language and content.. and are marked as a trigger warning. My current story is Kidnapped: Sabrina's Story which is a rather sad story and you'll soon want the best for her. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892362/kidnapped-sabrinas-story#latest
    Post edited by KatNip on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey everyone,

Just curious. Those of you who have it, how are you liking the new Kids Room Stuff Pack? I'm a diehard Sims 3 fan, but IMO, they really did an awesome job with it. :)