Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2016
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Darra84 Thank you! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Happy Timezones to you all!

I have a small geographical question for everyone: Has anyone ever received a view from this place:

YIuNfCx.jpg

I tried looking for it on the map provided, but I couldn't find it.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @rednenemon No I never got a view from there :o But I looked it up and it seems to be located between Great Britain and France
    Guernsey, a British Crown dependency in the English Channel, is one of the Channel Islands. It's known for beach resorts like Cobo Bay and the scenery of its coastal cliffs.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited May 2016
    The first chapter of my new story is up :)

Introducing Chapter 1 of The Dalton Family Legacy: Twin Beat

Chapter 1: How did I let him talk me into this

reaching-town.png
    Post edited by StoriedStorm on
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    @Everyone,

Hope you're all having a nice spring day (or fall if you're from Australia or other countries where it's autumn). Just stopping by with today's update and game announcements.

@cupcake12 : Hello and welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy your time here making new friends, you can also visit the sister thread to this one, Sims & Friends in the general section of the forums which I began which @SilentWolf101 hosts for me in my absence. If you have a Simself and/or Sim you'd like to represent you, I'd love to add them to my game with all the others.

Since there are many cameos in today's update from Lakeisha of Valley Venues, I have divided them into three parts:

Co Stars

CitizenErased14 with Lucas Ainsworth

Guest Appearances

@Sabreene, @MadameLee’s Bha McNeal, @LosaruTaiyo’s CeeCee, @RoryGilmore 34 and her sim, Molly Robinson, Tsuneo & Kailani Bermond (by @Meggles), @Simslover163, @BBQPenguinWings, @Spottydog714, @scwheppes, @Jes2G’s Callie Mumbach

Valley Variety Customers

@KitDragonFlight’s sim hubby Glen Do & Colby Do (husband of Kit’s Laila Larsen), @BabyDollAnne (Anne Sims 4) & her Sims Tiffany & Maya Kline, Kaylyn Harrison (by @msbeckycat), Sonya Lain by @IvoryButterfly, @zbern12’s sim Joey Fink, @scwheppes’ Mia Queen and @ThePlumbob

Other News:

Pregnancies: Megan Dorean with Jack Dorean (@IvoryButterfly)
    @Anchesenamon with Alexander Rosebrook (@CitizenErased14)
    @Meggles with Tsuneo Bermond
    @pammiechick's Nalani Slave with Baato (by @Julyvee94)
    @Raerei with @SummerFalls
    @eXokamikaze's Ninjapig with Leo Soranno (@Sabreene)
    @CathyTea with Elder Wolff
    @Cecerose0208 with Al Loader (by @Loanet)
    Tracey Vasquez with Asa (Chronicles of Change)

Marriages: Quinn Oranos (@Pammiechick) & Gunner Vale (game)
    Bha McNeal (@MadameLee) & Izaiah Bowie (game)
    @MsPrissySim & Marcel Alonzo (game)
    @Rinellie & Dustin Dean (game)

That's all for now and hope that everyone has a great day!

Silver
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Morning guys!

Writing my legacy again has sparked the creative juices for Ironbound again, I'm currently trying to write up a handful of chapters in word before I even try and screenshot them.

I wrote one last night, and the question is, would Ironbound readers want me to screenshot and publish this chapter now (read that as tonight) or wait until I have a bunch ready to go an scheduled?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Morning guys!

Writing my legacy again has sparked the creative juices for Ironbound again, I'm currently trying to write up a handful of chapters in word before I even try and screenshot them.

I wrote one last night, and the question is, would Ironbound readers want me to screenshot and publish this chapter now (read that as tonight) or wait until I have a bunch ready to go an scheduled?

Honestly? I'll Take anything!! Anytime... I'm not picky.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Morning guys!

Honestly? I'll Take anything!! Anytime... I'm not picky.

Same :D
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Happy Timezones to you all!

I have a small geographical question for everyone: Has anyone ever received a view from this place:

YIuNfCx.jpg

I tried looking for it on the map provided, but I couldn't find it.

@rednenemon Ohh that place! It was the setting in some stories I've read before. It's kinda near Normandy in France.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited May 2016
    My story 'Love Like A Snail' was also nominated. :)

Here are my return nominees! I don't know if these people have already been nominated, but I did my best to nominate people with works that I have read at least partly or in full. <3:) Good luck to all the nominees there are some seriously amazing stories out there! Thank you for all you contribute to the community!

My Nominees:

@CathyTea
    @CitizenErased14
    @RoseInBlack69
    @kethryrake
    @VirtuaLee
    @OJenn
    @BBQPenguinWings
    @Rednenemon
    @Munterbacon
    @Kamio (I know that it's for blogs only, but Kamio's story is so good. I just had to at least throw out a nomination for her skills.)

Oh! And @JulyVee94 I guess that will be the nomination that takes Kamio's place since her story isn't a blog and also because JulyVee94's Amazon Tribe Arayeo is fabulous. <3 I'm in love with all these amazon stories and I'd nominate them ALL if they were all on blogs! :D
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I am going to be obnoxious and share this, if only because it took me three (yes, THREE) hours to get this picture of my legacy family. Four generations in one picture :)

yQOzsUr.png

I nearly died getting it, but I freaking love it and now it's my desktop background :lol: (And another sim took a photo of it so now it's hanging in the entryway of the Rosebrook house too :tongue:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Morning guys!

Well... I'm still at the beginning of my adventure into the wilds of Busyland, so my reading is rather catch-as-catch-can.... that said, I'd love if they were posted as they were written, that way, if I found a few minutes' detour, I could pop over and read as the mood struck, and if not, then they'd be there waiting for me when time opens up.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Here are my return nominees! I don't know if these people have already been nominated, but I did my best to nominate people with works that I have read at least partly or in full. <3:) Good luck to all the nominees there are some seriously amazing stories out there! Thank you for all you contribute to the community!

:D

Thank you! :)

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member

Oh, thank you! :) (Now I wish I'd have waited before I made a post on my blog :sweat_smile: )
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I am going to be obnoxious and share this, if only because it took me three (yes, THREE) hours to get this picture of my legacy family. Four generations in one picture :)

I nearly died getting it, but I freaking love it and now it's my desktop background :lol: (And another sim took a photo of it so now it's hanging in the entryway of the Rosebrook house too :tongue:)

Wow that's incredible! I need to get family photos and I totally don't understand how. For Amira's family I bought the photo studio and put chairs on the drop screen and had Amira and her mom sit while her dad stood between them. But I need to get pics of a family with four kids. *cough not a spoiler cough*
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited May 2016
    @CitizenErased14 That's awesome. I still have no idea how to take in game photos and make them in game pictures to hang up.

A question for everyone. Ever been tempted to restart playing a file because you get attached to background characters you created later on after you played it? I'm so tempted to go back and have the Minton family a part of Hannah's file. They just... ugh why....

So yeah this involves Hannah's family, the new Freshly Minted story, that I created specifically for story purposes. They didn't exist until recently and are in a picture taking save but they just get along with her friends and everyone.

I have been trying to get one sim to the lot for a picture and got distracted watching them all interact.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco1_540.png

Hannah's brother Gunnar and her dad Herbert. Her brother likes taking pictures with everyone. lol.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco2_540.png
    And yay Hannah has a chess buddy and in the real file she played alone or I guess practiced.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco3_540.png

Her mom Grace laughing with Hannah's BFF Armand. They like her other friends too. It makes me want to go back and make the pictures with them at this point not staged. *Head Smack*

The one good thing is that her file/Gen isn't over yet so they still can be for real in her life now.
  • Options
    JLBDreamer wrote: »

A question for everyone. Ever been tempted to restart playing a file because you get attached to background characters you created later on after you played it? I'm so tempted to go back and have the Minton family a part of Hannah's file. They just... ugh why....

So yeah this involves Hannah's family, the new Freshly Minted story, that I created specifically for story purposes. They didn't exist until recently and are in a picture taking save but they just get along with her friends and everyone.

I have been trying to get one sim to the lot for a picture and got distracted watching them all interact.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco1_540.png

Hannah's brother Gunnar and her dad Herbert. Her brother likes taking pictures with everyone. lol.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco2_540.png
    And yay Hannah has a chess buddy and in the real file she played alone or I guess practiced.

tumblr_o78shyWN8r1vn7ylco3_540.png

Her mom Grace laughing with Hannah's BFF Armand. They like her other friends too. It makes me want to go back and make the pictures with them at this point not staged. *Head Smack*

The one good thing is that her file/Gen isn't over yet so they still can be for real in her life now.

That would be awesome! You could also have parallel lives! LOL! One for story purposes, one for playing/living! I love it when Sims find their ways into our hearts. :)<3

• Options

Wow that's incredible! I need to get family photos and I totally don't understand how. For Amira's family I bought the photo studio and put chairs on the drop screen and had Amira and her mom sit while her dad stood between them. But I need to get pics of a family with four kids. *cough not a spoiler cough*

@Rainydayz179 Hahaha a little bit of a spoiler :tongue:

I downloaded poses and used the pose player for this (a couple of them are pure pose player poses and a couple were animation replacements so I had to refer to the animation list and experiment with how far apart to put the sims). It was very tedious and took a lot of trial and error :lol: This was a combination of 5 different poses. You'd probably need to use more than one for a family that big!

@JLBDreamer there isn't a way that I know of, unfortunately! You need to have another sim take the photo with a camera in-game and use that. :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited May 2016
    @CitizenErased14 When I try to have another sim in game take a picture of another sim it always comes out like this.

tumblr_o78twvw7vj1vn7ylco1_540.png

If I put them in a pose and then try they just stand there and don't even try to take the pic.

@CathyTea I might do the second file and merge them storywise or just use cheats to add traits/accomplishments from it to the older version of the family in her current file. Once the age is caught up then they'd be in the same file.
  • Options
    @JLBDreamer if you select the "take picture of..." interaction, they'll always do one of those pre-programmed poses.

What you have to do is get the sims you want in a pose, then have the other sim stand near them and click the normal "take picture" interaction on the camera (not take picture OF) and it should work :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @JLBDreamer if you select the "take picture of..." interaction, they'll always do one of those pre-programmed poses.

What you have to do is get the sims you want in a pose, then have the other sim stand near them and click the normal "take picture" interaction on the camera (not take picture OF) and it should work :)

ok since i failed at poses what do you mean by preprogarmed mean.i know what it means but not pose wise.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I just mean the generic poses that the game makes sims do in photographs, like the one JLBDreamer shared :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 I just mean the generic poses that the game makes sims do in photographs, like the one JLBDreamer shared :)

thank you Amanda. i was going to try poses but i couldn't get them to show up so i decided to try mc and maybe try again later.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ah that new banner smell *breathes in deeply* :tongue:

So now that all my new story chores are done and I can relax how are you all doing?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top