Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Now that we're on the topic of hobbies, one of my hobbies is collecting collectible diecast cars (I'm a car enthusiast). I prefer buying those 1:18 scale diecast cars and whenever I'm in China for vacation, I buy them and wow, they're so expensive!! I have 15 cars and each of those beauties costs hundreds of dollars. :lol:

Oh, awesome! And this hobby fits your career plans so well! :)

making model cars is a career plan. i think i missed something. not laughing just confused.
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Hey writers!

First, thank you all for your tips and suggestions in helping me decide on how to present my story! I've been really nervous about actually posting it for others to read, but at the same time, I am super excited to see what others think. I have posted my story here in the forum, it is a work-in-progress, but I think there's enough substance to get readers invested. Please let me know what you think!

Here's my sim story "Life Is"

I'm tagging those of you who said you were interested in exchanging feedback on each other's work :)@Spottydog714 @Marialein @MadameLee and @MedleyMisty thank you!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Thank you for the tips for the family photographs. I made it a requirement of my new legacy without actually knowing how to do it which is kinda silly. I just figured I'll learn when it's time. Now I've gotta find kid poses because pretty much all I have are couple poses.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Rainywill5 you're welcome! If you need any help let me know. Not that I'm an expert by any means, but all my trial and error has given me a lot of practice :lol: And if you're looking for poses, Lana CC Finds is great! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Re: hobbies: I used to do colored pencil drawings when I was in middle and high school and spent a lot of money on colored pencil sets. Nowadays I do line drawings and watercolor paintings, which are cheap compared to other media (one set of decent watercolor paints can last forever), but I've still spent over a hundred so far on both.

And The Sims itself counts as a hobby, and I've spent well more than $1,000 on it ($900 going towards building my desktop, but maybe I would have built one anyways).

As much as joy shouldn't have a price tag, I used to love pottery when I could do it for free through my high school (basically, I had the option to choose my own independent art class and guess what I did). Then I got kicked out into the real-world and looked at studio and firing fees and had to back away. The closest place to me charged $150 a month for some pretty awesome resources (studio space, glaze, so many firing options, etc), but I couldn't afford that right out of high school and it'd still be a big expense now that I couldn't justify. Not to mention how I'd never be able to get there anyways because I can't drive. But one day I'll get back into it. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Gah the things we do for simlit - I just played about an hour of TS3 on the off chance that I can use two pictures. Sigh....
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Thanks @ra3rei @Julyvee94 and @CathyTea for your input regarding Ironbound. I think what I'll do is write another chapter, then screenshot the first one. Work was pretty tiring today, so I can't see myself getting in game to play, but maybe closer to bed-time I'll get some inspiration to start writing :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Gah the things we do for simlit - I just played about an hour of TS3 on the off chance that I can use two pictures. Sigh....

Haha! Isn't that just what we do....for the love of simlit. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Here is the final post for Freshly Minted for this week.

8eqfupm.png?w=463&h=401

Chapter 1
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Munterbacon Yeah Ironbound! :smiley:

Yay for hobbies! Okay, apart from reading, writing, colouring, and playing video games, I love playing the piano for church services. The piano wasn't cheap but it has lasted me well for about 15 years and counting! Funnily enough, I don't care to learn/play songs for my own personal pleasure, but I adore playing in a band or for my family. :)

I also used to love doing jigsaw puzzles! Those huge ones with a thousand or more tiny pieces. They weren't cheap though, and the puzzle shop closed down some time during my teenage years. :(

What else. Oh, I love trying new restaurants and cafes! My Instagram account is 85% food. :D
    Post edited by eXokamikaze on
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    What else. Oh, I love trying new restaurants and cafes! My Instagram account is 85% food. :D

The other 15% is of ninjapig stealing your food! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

I have too many photos of empty plates. And bowls. And cups. :(

*sneaky oinks*
  • Options
    Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    Hello everyone and good morning!

I hope everyone is fine and all is well :)

I'm going to play now my game and make screenshots for the next chapter of my story. I think a baby should be born in this part :)

Just wanted to tell that I began a new series on my YouTube channel: Let's Cook The Sims 4 Game Meals. Please check it out if you like, it's mostly about cooking with my fellow Sim Claudia. Hope you will like it and thanks for watching! (Sorry for off topic!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoggWf6NDI
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    @Darra84 How awesome! That series is such a great idea! :):smiley:
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 @eXokamikaze Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like my new idea :)
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Good morning, Simmers :)

I have no idea why, but I'm up way earlier than I need to be. But I'm good with that. Working on some Sim stuff, then I got into Cities Skyline last night, so, I'll jump back into that game.

How goes it?
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @Darra84 Amazing vid! Loved watching it since I also like to cook.
  • Options
    @pronterus Thank you so much! I really love cooking and baking and I'm already planning the next video :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi! I got my last essays and teaching plans done so I'm free of school! Now just to get my summer job in order... so I'm not that free. But I can finally stay in my hometown and focus on my hobbies and family and friends! Yay!

Speaking of hobbies, mine are for the most part pretty cheap. I mean, yeah, we go to karate camps a lot and many times we even go abroad for them but I do so much work (teaching, security guard gigs...) for my club that I usually get most of my expenses paid with work. A good gi of course costs at least between 100 and 200 euros but that isn't really a thing I'm buying every year. Now I've been wanting to buy a bokken and some other additional things that can cost pretty much but we'll see. My painting, drawing, and other artsy and craftsy hobbies are probably the most expensive ones, but I haven't really counted the costs of that a whole lot (and I use a lot of waste and recycled materials for those). Writing and reading are mostly free since I borrow my books from a library for the most part... so yeah, I guess I wouldn't be so carefree about it if I actually looked at how much all the paper and colours and whatnot I've bought for arts purposes have really cost to me. :smiley: But as long as I can plan my purchases well and pay attention to my budget it isn't that big a deal. Also yeah, The Sims has been pretty expensive too. And I just had to buy a new computer but that's not just for hobby purposes.

In other news, I'm currently trying to get my settings and everything else with my new laptop in order but I'm getting back to writing SimLit again! In fact I have my Sims stories open right now! So I'm hoping I can get new chapters out for both of my stories soon enough!

Have a lovely day, people!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor Congratulations for having everything done for your school and I'm happy to hear that you can focus now on your hobbies. Enjoy your summer holiday! :)
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Find out who our bottom two are - and lock in your vote for who stays in the game!

https://youtu.be/EOIf_FpqwMg
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

*pssh* like the camera could catch her :tongue:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top