Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @KitDragonFlight

That does sound painful, standing for so long in flats.

Me? I'm tired and sad for no apparent reason. But then, I'm used to that. :/

Hugs. :)<3
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,781 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    My bowling team won the Championship!!

Congratulations! That's fantastic! :)

This is the second time in my eight years of playing bowling. I also for the 2nd time got "perfect attendance" pin
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Good Evening @everyone,

Hope you all had a great day and am just stopping by with the cameos for Dyllan's update:

@scwheppes, and her Sim, Oliver Queen, Drake Robinson by @RoryGilmore34, Kailani Bermond (by @Meggles), @Spottydog714 , @KitDragonFlight’s Sim hubby Glen Do, @Jes2G‘s Callie Mumbach, @sunnyshay’s Ike Rivera

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/aussie-accents-generation-2-aussie-mates-5/

@OJenn: You are now in my game with your Sim, Piper Landgraab.

@AuroraLockwood: Don't think we've officially met so it's nice to finally do so. Do you have a Simself that I could add to my game with the others?

That's all for now,

Silver

Thanks for the offer but I don't have a simself to begin with :tongue: Never really cared much for the idea, I tried it once and found it weird to play.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i was going to age the boys tomorrow, but i felt bad for noel. they were always crying and at one point he was so busy with them he couldn't pee all day . wel til lauren returned. pictures will be up tomorrow
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @CitizenErased14: I don't have many tips. The only time I met a band I like and got them to sign things was at a secret, kind of off-tour show that just happened to be in my area. Stalk the tour buses and good luck! :p

I don't have any tattoos yet. I'm still worried about how it would affect job offerings, especially because the first tattoo I want is a pentagram underneath my left collarbone, which would be pretty visible with any shirt that isn't a turtleneck and also scream "2edgy teenager" even though I have a lot of deep reasons for wanting it.

My other tat would, of course, be a cicada near my pelvis. Or a series of them down the side of my waist.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    OMG @ra3rei !! I'm so jealous! I have 3 tattoos myself. I'm dying for a 4th. And dragons are awesome. And so are Simselfs...I should consider that as an option. But I already have number 4 picked out.

Have so much fun today!

I did - We ended up moving it to the arm rather than my scapula since it was so small. So it'll be another semi-visilble one, which I much prefer that way *I* get to enjoy my tattoos. I've got my fourth picked out as well...suprisingly - it's another dragon. See my plan is to get 9 dragons...cuz yeah. But I draw them all so they're pretty cool looking (I think).
    *gasps* Dragons? I love dragons so much!
    You and me both! I adore dragons. When I was in sixth grade my dad handed me Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong/Dragonsinger books and I fell in love with the dragons of Pern and in the sf/f genre in general. The main character there has nine "fire lizards" as the small dragons are called. So yup - twenty some odd years later and I'm getting my own set of 9 fire lizards. :D
    I have 3 as well :)
    It's a good number! Although probably by next year I'll be up to four.

And if anyone is curious, I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I think it's my favorite so far. I'll put the picture under the spoiler link. I'll probably take the picture down eventually - but for now enjoy. My other two dragons are in a similar style on my left side.
    13177264_10107625358247880_5734952896299176954_n.jpg
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Who here has heard of the 2001: A Space Oddessy?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Just a quick opinion!

I have like, 2 scenes left of season 2 episode 1, and I need your help!

One scene is a death, and one scene is a cliffhanger!

Which should go first?
    the death? or the cliffhanger?
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @ra3rei SUPER COOL!!!! I love it! And you designed all of yours?
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    @ra3rei SUPER COOL!!!! I love it! And you designed all of yours?

Yup - I've known forever that I wanted dragons, but never found a design I liked, then one day about 4 years back I was in a meeting and doodled what ended up being my first tattoo. I've been going to the same woman as well - we're enough in sync that this time around she took one look at the two dragons I'd drawn grabbed this one and then added one wing. It was our fasted drawing session ever.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

@MadameLee: I tried reading the book, but I'll be honest: I don't find Arthur C. Clarke to be a particularly captivating writer.

The movie was weird. Never was the biggest Kubrick fan either (even though I highly respect his work).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@MadameLee: I tried reading the book, but I'll be honest: I don't find Arthur C. Clarke to be a particularly captivating writer.

The movie was weird. Never was the biggest Kubrick fan either (even though I highly respect his work).

I didn't know it was a novel. I only know about the movie. I saw the movie (and the movie's sequel called 2010). In ERB's (a youtube channel created by YouTubers EpicLoyd and Nice Peter) rap battles, the computer called HAL 900, is the final opponent (of two different ones) for Bill Gates in the Bill Gates vs. Steves Jobs rap battle
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2016
    xMike_Bx wrote: »
    Just a quick opinion!

Which should go first?

Well as much as I go "nooooo!" every time a story finishes on one - I say go the cliffhanger!

I have just finished Sunday's update! https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/ch-2-14-finding-love-in-ruins/ I am really excited for where the story is heading!

0tnbSN9.png
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    xMike_Bx wrote: »
    Just a quick opinion!

Which should go first?

Could the death be a cliffhanger? If not, death first. Otherwise the cliffhanger migjt not be cliffhangery enough
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, people :)

How are you all doing? :)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,207 Member
    @CitizenErased14 @CathyTea @KitDragonFlight @friendsfan367

Thank you for your concerns. Some days I'll just randomly delve into a deep funk of sorts, and I don't really know why. (I just never say anything on here, because I don't want anyone to worry)

I do feel a little better now (then again, I just woke up), and am about to watch an episode of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hi everyone, since I've written my latest chapter, I've been on a building spree of sorts. Dropping by some ridiculously cheap starters for you guys to use.

Concrete Starter - 9,980 simoleons
    lDMvbri.png

Scientist's Starter - 12,133 simoleons
    BTC3dU1.png Comes with a telescope and solar panels for eco-living.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I have this feeling once you get a tatoo you always want more XD same with Piercings, that's why I am hesitant to do it. I work in IT and I know as long as you don't work with customers they don't really care about how you look. My bf is getting a phoenix tatoo on his back in September ^^ that will test my will Power to not get one xD
  • Options
    All this talk of tattoos makes me almost want to get one, then I remember that that involves needles and it's like NOPE! :tongue:
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Happy timezones! Re tattoos - I've always kind of wanted one, but I'm too noncommittal to actually go for it. Ideally I'd need something that's less permanent than a regular tattoo and more permanent than henna, say a 5 year lasting one? :D I did accompany a firend to get her first tattoo done once, and she's now on her third, so I can definitely confirm the whole tattoos being addicting theory :)

Blogging question:
    How many images have your most image-heavy posts had?

I have a post coming up with 51 screenshots and am a bit concerned about the loading... I could split it into two posts; there is a place in the middle-ish that could work for dividing it up, but I'd really prefer for it to be a one cohesive experience for the reader.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Blogging question:

I have a post coming up with 51 screenshots and am a bit concerned about the loading... I could split it into two posts; there is a place in the middle-ish that could work for dividing it up, but I'd really prefer for it to be a one cohesive experience for the reader.

@ThePlumbob The Epilogue of Dust to Dust had 111 pictures, and no one ever told me there were loading problems! (Oh goodness, I hope there weren't!). I know for me it loads fine on both my phone and my laptop :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Blogging question:

@ThePlumbob The Epilogue of Dust to Dust had 111 pictures, and no one ever told me there were loading problems! (Oh goodness, I hope there weren't!). I know for me it loads fine on both my phone and my laptop :)

Yeah I was thinking of you! :) Yours always load just fine for me too, so by that logic I should be ok... hopefully :D
  • Options
    Blogging question:

Yeah I was thinking of you! :) Yours always load just fine for me too, so by that logic I should be ok... hopefully :D

Just for the record whenever I've seen loading issues on someone's blogs it's usually because of network issues or wordpress acting funky not the number of pictures.
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    *slaps self* coffee. I need to drink more of it. *yawns* now time for video editing, yay....god I feel like I got run over by a truck! Morning!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Morning everyone. Just stopping in to drop off 2 new 'Till Death Do We Part chapters.

As far as tattoos go... I'm glad I never got the one I really wanted because I wanted it on my ribs area and now that I've gained a bit of weight it would look terrible. I love piercings but hate the pain of them so I just have one earring on my upper ear where it used to be an industrial but one of the holes got infected and I had to let it close up.

To the question about screenshots and load times I've learned the hard way it depends on what format your shots are in. Mine were in bitmap and my old posts load times are horrendous. <pout> Thanks to this thread I learned the error of my ways and change the format and compression of all of my shots before I write my chapters now. Also if a chapter has a lot of pictures and a lot of words... sorry but nowadays my mind wanders with wordy posts so I end up just skimming them and looking at the pictures to see what happened.

Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
    imageedit_51_5194893639.jpg

Chapter 21: Third Generation Holt
    imageedit_54_6526346724.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top