Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this confirm my suspicions that toddlers are coming?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    For me? Yes.

The fact that they stickied that thread and are more open about liking toddler things is a sign to me.

Now, that doesn't mean toddlers will come right away or anything. It will take time to create and code them.

I just think it's a hopeful sign that they may come one day. When? I don't know. But I feel hopeful.

I'm hoping by the end of this year or sometime next year. I'm going to give it that much.

If ts5 ends up having them, and I don't get even a discount for that game, I would be very upset, because that would mean that sticking with and hoping with ts4 was a waste of time, energy, and money for me. I'm not going through similar agony with another generation of sims games like this again. That's just cruel of EA to do that to many of us toddler-lover simmers. :frowning:

Interesting reply. I wonder if they end up skipping toddlers in TS4 all together but we get them in TS5. Who knows?

Anyway my guess is that toddlers won't be here this year

If they skip toddlers in ts4, then Ts5 has to really, really make up for the frustration and anger and bitterness of the ts4 era. I want EA to be more open about announcements in ts5, and there better be tons of base game stuff that was not originally in Ts4 (like pools, toddlers, ghosts, and various things from ts2 and Ts3).

Basically, for me, ts5 has to be totally amazing for me to convince me to get warped into another generation of just desperately waiting and hoping for any news again.

The silence regarding toddlers (or any worthwhile news) was/is ridiculous. I'm not going through all of that again! :weary:

Ts5 will not instantly make me happy unless it has very huge changes/improvements, like waaay more and better content, and waaaay better PR announcements, interviews, etc...

I will definitely wait for confirmation of many missing things and wait for less mixed feedback to buy into another sims iteration.

Because I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...all without any news or actual official hints, and still waiting and waiting.

(I wasn't in love with sims 3, either, and it was my least favorite of the sims games before ts4, so this may be the last sims game for me, if ts5 doesn't show some MAJOR improvements. I skipped most of sims 3 during its lifetime. I may have to skip another sims game's lifetime...)

Don't worry, I think they will make up for things and TS5 could be amazing :smile:

I would hope so, lol! :smiley:

And I also want it to work way better than sims 3 did for me. That was a huge plus for ts4 for me.

I'd rather not have open world again if the devs can't program them correctly, sheesh.

And have more sims on lots, like sims 4, sims 1, and sims 2 did. (Sims 3 worlds were so empty on both of my computers. That actually brought me to tears at one point, for real.)

But you gave up so much because they said this game would be amazing because of closed world. Well, we don't have babies that can be carried away from a crib (closed world). We don't see Sims get into car pools (closed world). We don't see burglars or policeman (we can call) (closed world). We don't see the whole twenty Sims around outside or inside a building as promised by Graham (Closed world). We don't see toddlers (closed world). We don't see cars. (closed world) We don't see weather (closed world) or Pets (closed world) or Supernaturals (closed world) we don't see one third what the closed world systems of the past offered. So, sacrificing open world and CASt hasn't actually lived up to the hype. Number one problem is the culling...in a closed world system none of that makes sense. Especially, family trees culled.

What do those things have to do with a closed world??
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @sparkfairy1 those who know me well know I would not lightly say what I have or say it without genuine concern. The words may be harsh to some but that is how I see the current situation here. If they make one person stop and re-examine the evidence (or lack of it) then something positive has been achieved. Everyone has the right to hope including those bothered by other deficiencies in the game. Just as those who genuinely enjoy the game as it is are free to carry on doing so.

Rather than creating a storm in a teacup and derailing this thread those who are so offended by me stating my opinion are welcome to message me.

I don't have any problem with people stating an opinion - but I do have a problem with someone passing judgment on others' opinion. It's fine for you to think they are "obsessive" if you wish - but it is NOT fine for you to say so out loud, even if it's out of "genuine concern". It's extremely rude and patronizing, in fact.

State your own opinions whenever you like, and state why you hold that opinion, including the lack of concrete evidence; that alone might be enough to have someone reconsider their current stance on the subject. Personal commentary is neither necessary or helpful.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Whenever I see a thread like this I just think:

Calm%20Yourself_zpsfpk72x4q.gif

I still really, really really want toddlers in game but I've started handling hints and rumors of their addition to the game like a Missouri native--you're going to have to show me before I believe it.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @sparkfairy1 those who know me well know I would not lightly say what I have or say it without genuine concern. The words may be harsh to some but that is how I see the current situation here. If they make one person stop and re-examine the evidence (or lack of it) then something positive has been achieved. Everyone has the right to hope including those bothered by other deficiencies in the game. Just as those who genuinely enjoy the game as it is are free to carry on doing so.

Rather than creating a storm in a teacup and derailing this thread those who are so offended by me stating my opinion are welcome to message me.

There really is no need. Let's not forget I didn't address you but was asked to by your post to clarify my position and I did so while addressing the accusation towards me of only my opinion matters and I wrote to display as far as I'm concerned its quite the opposite. You may have missed a key part of my post. I reiterate-
    it may come from a desire to help or be kind but it infers that the person being addressed shouldn't feel as they do and it's upsetting to see such strong negative words.

You are missing the point I was trying to convey that it's nothing to do with different opinions. It's about voicing judgement on the motives, experience and approach of others that I dislike. None of us can climb inside other people's bodies and judge that accurately and I think it's entirely unnecessary to voice personal commentary that way.

Like I said before all we can do is really worry about our own experiences and just try to understand others and afford them the space and understanding of making their own choices.

My opinion hasn't changed. I doubt we'll see toddlers any time soon, if at all. But I will gladly support and help others who do think they will and every opinion in between theirs and mine. I will also gladly read their ideas, hopes and opinions because I enjoy seeing their enthusiasm and their shared love of the concept of the sims.

Hopefully I've clarified everything for you so we can get back to talking about the game rather than the players. And if I've still not clarified enough then I'm sorry that I'm articulating myself poorly and perhaps there is no point to me trying to explain further so let's leave it here.

I don't think anything can confirm anything until we see it in game OP. I'm glad you still have hope though :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    For me? Yes.

The fact that they stickied that thread and are more open about liking toddler things is a sign to me.

Now, that doesn't mean toddlers will come right away or anything. It will take time to create and code them.

I just think it's a hopeful sign that they may come one day. When? I don't know. But I feel hopeful.

I'm hoping by the end of this year or sometime next year. I'm going to give it that much.

If ts5 ends up having them, and I don't get even a discount for that game, I would be very upset, because that would mean that sticking with and hoping with ts4 was a waste of time, energy, and money for me. I'm not going through similar agony with another generation of sims games like this again. That's just cruel of EA to do that to many of us toddler-lover simmers. :frowning:

Interesting reply. I wonder if they end up skipping toddlers in TS4 all together but we get them in TS5. Who knows?

If they skip toddlers in ts4, then Ts5 has to really, really make up for the frustration and anger and bitterness of the ts4 era. I want EA to be more open about announcements in ts5, and there better be tons of base game stuff that was not originally in Ts4 (like pools, toddlers, ghosts, and various things from ts2 and Ts3).

Basically, for me, ts5 has to be totally amazing for me to convince me to get warped into another generation of just desperately waiting and hoping for any news again.

The silence regarding toddlers (or any worthwhile news) was/is ridiculous. I'm not going through all of that again! :weary:

Ts5 will not instantly make me happy unless it has very huge changes/improvements, like waaay more and better content, and waaaay better PR announcements, interviews, etc...

I will definitely wait for confirmation of many missing things and wait for less mixed feedback to buy into another sims iteration.

Because I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...all without any news or actual official hints, and still waiting and waiting.

(I wasn't in love with sims 3, either, and it was my least favorite of the sims games before ts4, so this may be the last sims game for me, if ts5 doesn't show some MAJOR improvements. I skipped most of sims 3 during its lifetime. I may have to skip another sims game's lifetime...)

Don't worry, I think they will make up for things and TS5 could be amazing :smile:

And I also want it to work way better than sims 3 did for me. That was a huge plus for ts4 for me.

I'd rather not have open world again if the devs can't program them correctly, sheesh.

And have more sims on lots, like sims 4, sims 1, and sims 2 did. (Sims 3 worlds were so empty on both of my computers. That actually brought me to tears at one point, for real.)

But you gave up so much because they said this game would be amazing because of closed world. Well, we don't have babies that can be carried away from a crib (closed world). We don't see Sims get into car pools (closed world). We don't see burglars or policeman (we can call) (closed world). We don't see the whole twenty Sims around outside or inside a building as promised by Graham (Closed world). We don't see toddlers (closed world). We don't see cars. (closed world) We don't see weather (closed world) or Pets (closed world) or Supernaturals (closed world) we don't see one third what the closed world systems of the past offered. So, sacrificing open world and CASt hasn't actually lived up to the hype. Number one problem is the culling...in a closed world system none of that makes sense. Especially, family trees culled.

The point of TS4 is to get back to the 'Sims' right? Well, are we? All the other closed world systems for this game had the things I mentioned and most in the base game others in the first few EPs. And many complained about dead towns in TS3 but maybe they didn't realize you had to fill all the house in the world to have a busier one. (Due to SP sending them to work and time of day etc.) Don't we have that same problem now? I do, like WB is dead (no Sims out in the a streets) etc. So, going back to a closed world system hasn't actually been a winning idea if you are looking at what closed world and interactions and activities those closed world base games had in them. It's sort of not so.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I don't have any problem with people stating an opinion - but I do have a problem with someone passing judgment on others' opinion. It's fine for you to think they are "obsessive" if you wish - but it is NOT fine for you to say so out loud, even if it's out of "genuine concern". It's extremely rude and patronizing, in fact.

State your own opinions whenever you like, and state why you hold that opinion, including the lack of concrete evidence; that alone might be enough to have someone reconsider their current stance on the subject. Personal commentary is neither necessary or helpful.

I didn't think it was rude or patronizing.

Its only a forum, people can say what they want within the rules :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    For me? Yes.

Well, sims 1 and sims 2 were closed as well, and I enjoyed lively lots on those, so I still don't enjoy sims 3 as much as those.

And not everyone thinks sims 4 was such a disaster as you and others think. Some simmers do enjoy sims 4, regardless of the closed world and some missing features.

And not everyone wants the same features anyway. Some people want supernaturals, others don't. Some people want toddlers, others don't. Some want cars, others don't (or don't care, like me). Some people want open world, others don't or don't care. Some people want story progression, others (like me) don't.

For me, at the moment, I'll take sims 4 over sims 3, even though both games are still below sims 2 and even sims 1 in my book, because I loved and still love those two older games.

And, yes, I would still rather have closed worlds or semi-open over open worlds. I didn't enjoy such a feature, but that's my opinion.

You like open world, and I respect that opinion.

However, I never felt the love about that aspect, so EA would lose me as a customer if there is another failed open world sims game. That's all.

You can keep your open world, even if I leave as a customer, so why are you going after simmers like me who dislike open world?

Please respect that people like different things. I shouldn't have to constantly justify my personal opinions and tastes and preferences to you. :confused:

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I agree with that, Cinabar. If the closed lots are supposed to give us deeper gameplay than what we had in the previous edition, I am still waiting to see it. All the shortcuts they've made do not add up to deeper gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

• Options
    For me? Yes.

The point of TS4 is to get back to the 'Sims' right? Well, are we? All the other closed world systems for this game had the things I mentioned and most in the base game others in the first few EPs. And many complained about dead towns in TS3 but maybe they didn't realize you had to fill all the house in the world to have a busier one. (Due to SP sending them to work and time of day etc.) Don't we have that same problem now? I do, like WB is dead (no Sims out in the a streets) etc. So, going back to a closed world system hasn't actually been a winning idea if you are looking at what closed world and interactions and activities those closed world base games had in them. It's sort of not so.

Sims 3 felt dead to me. Sims 4 feels dead to you. I've had bugs in sims 3, other simmers said they had bugs in sims 4, etc, etc.

So... Who wins? :tongue:

And, no, I shouldn't have to set up a game or use mods to have lively lots. I hated how much work sims 3 required in order for me to have fun.

Sims 1 and sims 2 had closed worlds, and I had lively lots in both. Sims 3 felt dead to me. This is my personal observation of my own games. It is obviously different in your own games.

Which experiences should the devs look at, then, if everyone had totally different experiences? That's gotta be tough, huh?

(She/her)
  • Options
    maddiecutie13maddiecutie13 Posts: 8 New Member
    I really hope so. I miss having toddlers in the game. It's just been weird without that lifestage.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I agree with that, Cinabar. If the closed lots are supposed to give us deeper gameplay than what we had in the previous edition, I am still waiting to see it. All the shortcuts they've made do not add up to deeper gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I think that was an excuse, too. I wonder if there are new devs or the whole Olympus fiasco and limited budget, etc, has led to those shortcuts?

Anyway, that still doesn't make me like sims 3's open world any better than before. (I also still dislike story progression from sims 3 as well.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    As for me, I love the open world and the ability to play my entire household anytime I wish. I have no issues with empty lots most of the time, but I think that's because I have a processor and video card that can run the game just fine (that wasn't always the case, I had to upgrade twice).

I was less crazy about how they made SP to work in TS3 but with mods it functions fine, and judging by what they're adding to TS4 in terms of story actions I don't think that's going to be an improvement there. But those are just my opinions as well, and I don't expect everyone will agree with them. A lot depends on how you like to play the game, and we've not been given as many options in this version as we've had in the past. And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

• Options
    As for me, I love the open world and the ability to play my entire household anytime I wish. I have no issues with empty lots most of the time, but I think that's because I have a processor and video card that can run the game just fine (that wasn't always the case, I had to upgrade twice).

I was less crazy about how they made SP to work in TS3 but with mods it functions fine, and judging by what they're adding to TS4 in terms of story actions I don't think that's going to be an improvement there. But those are just my opinions as well, and I don't expect everyone will agree with them. A lot depends on how you like to play the game, and we've not been given as many options in this version as we've had in the past. And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Yes, I agree with this. :smile: I've really enjoyed some of ts4, but not as much as the older games, and I think this is part of it. There are some options missing for some playstyles, and such a lack of content and options regarding content, (ex: like being able to control frequency of aliens or abductions, etc), etc.

It will be interesting to see how ts4 will fare these next few years.

I'm currently enjoying it with various packs, but it doesn't feel nowhere as complete as other games or expansion packs (yet). I'm having a wait and see approach for this year and next year. Meanwhile, I'll keep playing ts4 and ts2 (and maybe replay ts1, if my computer will let me) while I'm waiting. :smile: (I need a better computer or upgrade to able to play ts3 again, but that will be in the far future due to budget and stuff...)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016

TOTALLY AGREE - If I had deeper game play I would not be bored to tears 20 minutes into trying to play Sims 4. Sometimes I don't even spend 20 minutes, as it also does not support my playstyle at all - so far and nothing they have added as of yet EP wise has changed that. Toddlers. Universities. Supernaturals with powers. even Superstar type ep - any one of those might make it more interesting - but right now I am no more attached to it than facebook games. I just close it up and go play my Sims 2 or Sims 3 that does support all the things I need to enjoy Sims. We could have not even gotten the two eps we got as far as holding my interest goes - even though they added a lot of stuff - even though I find the science career a little bit entertaining as I like messing around with the different equipment to do with the science career anyway = it is not enough for me to enjoy the game around or want to invest time in it.

I do get tons of Sims when my sim does go somewhere - so getting lots of Sims on a lot works fine- I also get tons of Sims in Sims 2 and Sims 3 when my sims go to lots - but all of that is because I have a super computer and the game allows it the better the pc you are running. So Sims 4 get no points for that as I see as many sims in all the Sims 2 and Sims 3 lots as well. In fact Sims 2 Crypt O night Clubs has even more sims in it than any club I see in Sims 3 or Sims 4. That place is jumping all the time - so that is sort of a reason they shouldn't point that out as a Sims 4 benefit - seeing I know what I see every time I play Sims 2. LOL.

But right now the way Sims 4 sits with all present packs and content - I am lucky to last 20 minutes trying to have fun in Sims 4. Honestly - I do try, and then I give up and go play what in my head I call the real Sims games - which can be either Sims 2 or Sims 3. LOL.

Don't mean any disrespect to others who feel differently - it is just how I feel. Believe me the hardest choice I have to make every day is which game I am going to play - Sims 2 or Sims 3. I wish Sims 4 could be in that tough decision - but I still don't see that happening without a whole lot of changes and additions to the game. It is odd even in both Sims 2 and Sims 3 - I never felt either game was lacking at all even when we just had the base game - but when we had as many packs for them as we have for Sims 4 right now - I could play up to 10-12 hours a night I was so invested and found them so much fun. I feel disappointed I can't feel like that for this game too.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    For me? Yes.

Sims 3 felt dead to me. Sims 4 feels dead to you. I've had bugs in sims 3, other simmers said they had bugs in sims 4, etc, etc.

So... Who wins? :tongue:

And, no, I shouldn't have to set up a game or use mods to have lively lots. I hated how much work sims 3 required in order for me to have fun.

Sims 1 and sims 2 had closed worlds, and I had lively lots in both. Sims 3 felt dead to me. This is my personal observation of my own games. It is obviously different in your own games.

Which experiences should the devs look at, then, if everyone had totally different experiences? That's gotta be tough, huh?

I myself haven't had too much of a hard time with TS3 considering how much work I put into it.

I myself hope to see an Open World for TS5 also :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    I've just realized that most of us judge the game based on our game style. Some people don't play with families so they are pretty happy without toddlers. I can play for hours making pictures and changing clothes, make up, hair (yay to all custom content makers). If this wouldn't be allowed, I mean if The Sims couldn't be customized I wouldn't buy it, that's for sure. Even with toddlers.
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    I believe that they are coming. I have no hard evidence or facts, it is just what I believe personally. So to me no matter what.. THEY ARE COMING. If they don't ever come, it is my choice to be disappointed, because I don't really mind! B)
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    For me? Yes.

By the time TS5 rolls out there may not be pc gaming. We never know what new thing people will move to...according to many desktop pcs are a dying breed, and more people play on tablets or an IOS etc. Or still on console like PS and Xboxes (not matter the version). I think TS5 will be a simplified app for a phone or your android TV gadget. AKA: across the web, streaming like you can play games now that way on your TV boxes like Roku or Andriod, Sling Boxes etc. etc.

Exactly this.

There's a lot of hope from some individuals that there will be a Sims 5 and that this will make up for the shortcomings that they felt that Sims 4 didn't provide. Pretty much the case of what happened when there were a lot of dissatisfied people with Sims 3 and they hoped that Sims 4 would alleviate that disappointment.
    I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for. I really wouldn't be surprised if the future of the Sims moves to mobile devices as that is the most popular gaming device thus the most profitable.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    chickenow wrote: »
    For me? Yes.

By the time TS5 rolls out there may not be pc gaming. We never know what new thing people will move to...according to many desktop pcs are a dying breed, and more people play on tablets or an IOS etc. Or still on console like PS and Xboxes (not matter the version). I think TS5 will be a simplified app for a phone or your android TV gadget. AKA: across the web, streaming like you can play games now that way on your TV boxes like Roku or Andriod, Sling Boxes etc. etc.

Exactly this.

There's a lot of hope from some individuals that there will be a Sims 5 and that this will make up for the shortcomings that they felt that Sims 4 didn't provide. Pretty much the case of what happened when there were a lot of dissatisfied people with Sims 3 and they hoped that Sims 4 would alleviate that disappointment.
    I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for. I really wouldn't be surprised if the future of the Sims moves to mobile devices as that is the most popular gaming device thus the most profitable.

Since I use my phone a lot nowadays (and I do play with consoles), I wouldn't mind mobile or console version of the sims games.

Not free, though, because I notice free mobile apps tend to have the most ridiculous transaction stuff.

Paid games have less of those, and I've enjoyed some paid mobile games (albeit some of those are ported versions of the PC versions).

I also played Urbz and Castaway on console and enjoyed them, especially Urbz. :)

As long as I can have a family and there are all life stages including toddlers and we are able to turn off optional goals (like I can with ts4 dates/parties at the moment), and no real-time junk, then I can live with a console or mobile version. :)

Ts4 already feels like a console version to me, anyway. I think it's a good one (especially with GT).

It just needs some more content and toddlers, and home businesses or working restaurants for me to feel fully satisfied.

(Maybe some tweaking on culling, but, for me, that's going to be like sims 3's Story Progression, meaning it tends to need modding).

(She/her)
  • Options
    I am not interested in 'mobile games'

If they want to make a mobile Sims game then they can say goodbye to me
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

It doesn't need to be one or the other and that's what frustrates me most about EA. They jump on trends and try to force players into their latest vision of those trends (which is why SC2013 was such a disaster!).

There is capacity for both mobile and PC. Actually I'm pretty sure that they could split the sims pc into a low range computer series and a high range one too so people could buy into what sorted their setup and commitment to the game anyway.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    There is capacity for both mobile and PC. Actually I'm pretty sure that they could split the sims pc into a low range computer series and a high range one too so people could buy into what sorted their setup and commitment to the game anyway.

It would be amazing if they did that!!!

• Options

It doesn't need to be one or the other and that's what frustrates me most about EA. They jump on trends and try to force players into their latest vision of those trends (which is why SC2013 was such a disaster!).

The fact that there is still a Sims PC game and a Sims mobile game in active development suggests to me that Maxis believes there are markets for both. I see no reason from looking at current game-industry stats to think that this won't continue.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

The fact that there is still a Sims PC game and a Sims mobile game in active development suggests to me that Maxis believes there are markets for both. I see no reason from looking at current game-industry stats to think that this won't continue.

I agree, but I worry about the cross platform thing and how that will affect the specs of the game. Seeing the app for TS4 is what bothers me. I'd be all for cross platform if I knew it wouldn't affect the PC version in lowering them.
  • Options

I agree, but I worry about the cross platform thing and how that will affect the specs of the game. Seeing the app for TS4 is what bothers me. I'd be all for cross platform if I knew it wouldn't affect the PC version in lowering them.

Totally agree. I love anything that brings Sims to more people if it's still a great game for me :)