Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this confirm my suspicions that toddlers are coming?

Comments

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    The game Is only 18 months In.
    EA play Is coming and Its a 3 day thing, I feel like they're going to announce during that time, probably?

They did say If Toddlers were coming, we'd be the first to know. :trollface:
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited March 2016
    ignore this. rather not get msgs on this, and it's distracting from topic.
    Post edited by naomeh on
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    There's plenty need for a 'beat down'. There's excitement and there's sheer ridiculous. Taking 'confirmation' of toddlers from a like is on the ridiculous side. It's not a hint, it's a like.

So fiesty, what's wrong.. the fact others can't express their emotions?

Obviously It's some type of clarifying especially if they can't speak on future content, that's all a LIKE does. It just approves without breaking the code of conduct :blush:
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I would love for toddlers to be true!! I would love to get excited about this game again. But, I now have a wait and see before getting excited. I use to love how they would give us hints and hate that now they give us nothing until it is ready. Fingers crossed they will tell us soon if they are bringing toddlers back or not bringing them back.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Basically, The other day I tweeted about some of the Gurus replies in that 'toddler ideas at a glance thread' and saying how it's suggesting something is going well. Only @SimGuruNinja Went and liked it! A Guru liked my tweet suggesting that a GURUS response suggests toddlers are coming. Does this mean #Toddlersarecoming!?
    CdpyoXUW0AEgUbe.jpg

Cool!
    Maybe but if they're just now considering ideas for toddlers, it doesn't give me much hope that they are very far in development.

Which upsets me because they should have been a priority.

I agree. But on the positive side of that, maybe they still have time to look at the really awesome ideas from Simmers in that pinned topic, though? Especially where there's been some consensus on things - just how much we want temper tantrums, for example, and how many Simmers want things like climbing up on furniture, or playing in little pools.

Omg yes!! I want curious little tots, with the ability to teach themselves similar to how the rest of the ages build their own skills. I would love for them to be able to climb up and sit, or be placed somewhere like on a couch to watch a movie. We've seen vastly improved gameplay for kids, and if we get toddlers I hope they have expanded their gameplay options to really improve them too.
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    At this point it would be simply cruel to not put in toddlers after all this hype.
    You've been fueling the fire, EA, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into xD.
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Seriously?

I need an eye rolling gif. I'll get on that.

I know people really want them to come, but could you PLEASE stop doing this. Let's have a dose of realism.

A stickied thread is just a stickied thread. As somebody who has run a forum in a past life, if you want people to stick their thoughts in one place on a popular topic and make it look like you're considering the idea, you sticky a thread saying so. As somebody who's also run a forum for an internet game where the devs hated fixing anything, it makes you look like you're taking concerns seriously. It also can mean absolutely nothing, other than you don't want your forum overrun with the same thoughts in bits and pieces all over the place.

If it's a build up to and they're only at the planning stage per the thread they're not coming anytime soon. Maybe by December if you're lucky. Whereas they like feedback, I doubt they'd build them based on your feedback alone. Keep in mind that they will lead you astray if they think they can get money from you. They're not a benevolent fund and money is the root of all evil. If nothing comes of it, then they'll stick with it being stickied because their community manager was curious about what makes family players tick.

Remember too, that they've just started talking to us. A like doesn't necessarily mean anything, other than he likes that you've noticed they're talking to us. I've liked things here where I disagree with what people are saying but think they've made a point well and so have liked it. It doesn't mean much, if anything.

Keep hoping, certainly. Hope is a good thing, but keep your hopes and expectations at least remotely grounded in reality. None of this is anything close to a confirmation of anything.

Well said! :smiley:

*bowes down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm thinking it's possible, but I'm also considering the possibility that they stickied the toddlers thread so that so people would stop creating so many threads about it..
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    In any case, we most likely won't see the toddlers before many months. But it's gonna make EP3 announcement even more exciting !
  • Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    And though people still create a bunch of thread on toddlers! except, curiously, they are all accepted and they remain in the General chat room...
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    well this may be off topic but i can say this never say never maybe the the Delay for the annoucment of #gamepack3 or the next stuff pack or ep means that toddlers are in the work so will have to wait and see if toddlers did come back i can say thjat it would make sim familys more complete and would also make those that are family players very very happy
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    simgurulindsy? Is she a head of sims team now?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »

I believe she is the creative director. Rachel Franklin was the exec producer, but she got a promotion so I'm ultimately not sure who's in charge now. Could potentially still be RF, we'll know if The Sims has a showcase at EA Play this June.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »

I believe she is the creative director. Rachel Franklin was the exec producer, but she got a promotion so I'm ultimately not sure who's in charge now. Could potentially still be RF, we'll know if The Sims has a showcase at EA Play this June.

RF is still the Executive Producer, but @SimGuruLindsay is a Senior Producer now.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I will not believe it until I see it posted on the official website from EA or Maxis, until then I won't even think bout it and get my hopes up for nothing .
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Well, I always believed they were coming back... You just gotta believe.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I don't think this tweet confirms anything. Although I have to say that my heart did a little leap after I read it. Silly? Probably. With EA's record, definitely.

I do hope the toddlers come back and if they don't intend to bring them back they are going to have some majorly angry fans to deal with. I hope they realize that.

I am someone who didn't really care that much about toddlers but as I play the game, I find that I miss them. That being said, even I have gotten excited about the prospect of them coming back and I consider myself to be very much grounded in reality. I don't get hyped up about stuff no more because most of the time I have been disappointed.

So, I can just imagine how excited those of you looking forward to toddlers are now that you feel they are getting some attention. I sincerely hope you are all not disappointed if they don't come.

I think it would be pretty bad for them to ask for feedback and have NO intention of bringing them back. And even though I initially didn't care, I would be mad enough to stop playing this game if they don't bring them back. Would I stop supporting it entirely, like as in forever? I don't know but it would certainly leave me with a bad taste in my mouth for EA and all their games. This is not a threat by the way just the way I feel.

Why? because they have to know how much the community wants them so why start a sticky and get everyone's hopes up? They have to know that people are going to get carried away and see this or anything they say as confirmation or a hint. If they don't then they don't know us at all.

I really hope they add them but I am trying not to get hopeful. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited March 2016
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    Hopefully the toddlers will look like the toddler in the picture for the CEO!!!
    I hope for Generations EP to come out in June or July with toddlers patched and pre-teens in the EP!(They can sure patch the pre-teens too) :wink:

I'm sorry but I think Preteens are going to be the selling point for the Ep!!! They will patch in toddlers but I wouldn't get my hopes up on them patching in preteens ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    *sigh* No. No, it does not.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The optimism is cool and all but I don't really get how this is a hint.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Yeah I don't think this confirms anything. I'll save getting my hopes up for something more concrete.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Even if that's just not a hint, it's clear proof that the developers are becoming more flexible about all the toddler thing.

They used to avoid the "toddler" word at all costs, if someone asked then about toddlers the only answer they could get is "we hear you"
    Now we have a sticked thread about toddlers here on the general discussion, where 2 gurus told us about how awesome our ideas are and how they liked to read it all. It may not be a hint, but it's definetely a good sign. :)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited March 2016
    It could be the first time we get actual hints but since they made me learn from a million years of studying and staying late in the forums not to over react to toddler related stuff im not doing it
    Post edited by husseinandali on
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Even if that's just not a hint, it's clear proof that the developers are becoming more flexible about all the toddler thing.

They used to avoid the "toddler" word at all costs, if someone asked then about toddlers the only answer they could get is "we hear you"
    Now we have a sticked thread about toddlers here on the general discussion, where 2 gurus told us about how awesome our ideas are and how they liked to read it all. It may not be a hint, but it's definetely a good sign. :)

I agree. :smile:

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    After giving attention to the thread and choosing to like that post, I think it would be a very poor marketing decision not to add toddlers. The longer that they have waited since people first showed disappointment in the lack of toddlers the bigger the potential backlash would be if they announced they were not happening. It makes a lot more sense to let people speculate and get excited if they are going to announce them, otherwise it's just nonsensical to not quash all the rumors outright. The longer they stay silent and neutral towards people speculating and asking about toddlers, the more I'm convinced they'll be added. :)