Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this confirm my suspicions that toddlers are coming?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No, it stemmed from the Drake wanting to know why a Simmer (short name Beth something) liked playing families. Drake had never played families in the Sims' games. Later some got into a tiff in that very long thread and I suggested to Sparkfairy and someone else did too if she would create an Idea thread instead of a Feedback thread maybe gurus would look at it. So she did. But Drake moved it to General. And Lyndsay took a look at it. End of story.

That makes no sense really. If Drake wanted to know what players wanted in toddlers and family life there is already a family play thread full of ideas and idealisms. She could have just read through that and got invovled. Why now anyway? We have been constantly moaning about toddlers and what their absense does to our game experience for years. Why is she suddenly interested now...

I'm not saying the thread was stickied because it's a hint toddlers are coming, I don't believe they are in my heart of hearts.

The thread was stickied to create hype. Probably so the next gamepack sells well. The morale has been totally boosted just because of this so it's had the desired effect.

I'm sorry Crack but you will have to ask SimGuruDrake why she stickied the thread of ideas and not the feedback thread, and why she had not or maybe didn't think about it, that one player why she liked family play and what it was etc. But the idea of a toddler idea thread was presented to Sparkfairy because she is respected here and would get more comments than someone like me...so that is how that particular thread came about.

To answer the question:

A community member linked me to the thread during a conversation I was having regarding what it is about family play in The Sims that really helps to immerse you in that particular play style. I stickied the ideas thread because it is a focus on ideas for what the community would like to see for something that they are passionate about having in the game. The Feedback thread you are talking about is full of ideas but it is also filled with lots of unrelated chatter (and is quite large) that it is hard to go through all of those pages to pull stuff from without running into something not directly related to stuff desired in-game.

While I would prefer to have stickied the thread in the Ideas section I felt that moving it to General Discussion, where a lot of conversation about the subject occurs, would be more beneficial for both the community and for the dev team to see.

You'll notice that with the exception of one announcement thread in General discussion the rest are ones created by community members.

Thanks for stepping in and answering questions :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    you are reading too far into it. They never hint anything.
    Sure thing if you say so... Months before we got Movie Hangout Stuff they were using those patched in movie posters in their renders they then said this does not mean movies theaters are coming its not a hint. :D

So it ended up being leaked future patched content and we ended up getting a popcorn machine movies and a home theater.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    I feel like toddlers are coming at some point
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sadly this is more rainbow chasing. You shouldn't assume anything based on such flimsy evidence. I know this sounds cynical and unkind but after 18 months of silence there is no concrete proof that toddlers will be added. You might be better off and happier enjoying what you already have in TS4.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2016
    Let's hype this mother through the roof!!!!! TODDLERS 100% CONFIRMED!!!! ARE YOU READY??????
    giphy.gif
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • Options
    Sadly this is more rainbow chasing. You shouldn't assume anything based on such flimsy evidence. I know this sounds cynical and unkind but after 18 months of silence there is no concrete proof that toddlers will be added. You might be better off and happier enjoying what you already have in TS4.

Well said :smile:

The thing is, it is 100% clear that toddlers are not coming soon, and may not even be worked on right now. Why would they need a thread on the official forums about what players want with toddlers if they where working on them anyway?

I mean hints are one thing but from where I am standing, I see no valid hints that toddlers are on their way, certainly in the next EP. Give it another year maybe and the devs might have enough ideas to go on but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see toddlers next year, let alone this year.

*goes into hiding*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 people are allowed to hope. I, personally, don't have much left but I respect those who do-good for them! :)

Honestly I'm really getting tired of the constant commentary of whether other people are wrong over toddlers. Noone knows. If they are, they are-but I'm sure they can look after themselves and it's their right to feel like they do-the same as others who believe they aren't coming :)
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 people are allowed to hope. I, personally, don't have much left but I respect those who do-good for them! :)

Honestly I'm really getting tired of the constant commentary of whether other people are wrong over toddlers. Noone knows. If they are, they are-but I'm sure they can look after themselves and it's their right to feel like they do-the same as others who believe they aren't coming :)

I trust this is not directed at me. As far as I know I have never denied anyone the right to hope. As I have said I would love to be proved wrong. I do , however get concerned over the obsessive behaviour some simmers are showing. There is nothing wrong with loyalty and dedication, it is to be applauded. Basing hope on flimsy evidence though especially against a background of silence and evasiveness from EA is not, as I know only too well, a recipe for happiness.

I am also curious to know precisely when one person's opinion became more important than everyone else's in this Forum. It isn't healthy to stifle debate.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I really hope so!
  • Options

I trust this is not directed at me. As far as I know I have never denied anyone the right to hope. As I have said I would love to be proved wrong. I do , however get concerned over the obsessive behaviour some simmers are showing. There is nothing wrong with loyalty and dedication, it is to be applauded. Basing hope on flimsy evidence though especially against a background of silence and evasiveness from EA is not, as I know only too well, a recipe for happiness.

I am also curious to know precisely when one person's opinion became more important than everyone else's in this Forum. It isn't healthy to stifle debate.

Again, well said :smile:

I myself don't think it would be fare to dash another player's hopes but from a realistic point of view, jumping to conclusions every time there is a 'hint' can only lead to disappointment. Some hints have actually been quite good even if they where later proven false but in reality anything could be a hint of you look hard enough.

One thing I will add though, I actually see a lot less TS4 bashing these days. Sure there are still a few complaints going around and some concerns over the usual annoyances but I have actually noticed a vast improvement in toleration on the forums since the start of this year. Sadly the only real debates arise when there is a toddler thread and personally I think these threads, as innocent as they might intend to be do not actually solve any problems. Thanks to the kindness of one of our moderators there is a now a sticky thread for toddler enthusiasts to get involved in. Those who are not interested need not to get involved and it seems that a lot of players are being respectful towards toddler enthusiasts by not posting there but it should still be the same on both sides should it not?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Was it quoting you? Then no it wasn't.

It's not about stifling debate at all-it's the constant commentary about other people's motives, on whether someone else should feel as they do and descriptions of other people's experiences speaking from an outsider view rather than asking. The comments such as 'obsessed', 'unhealthy' etc are really about a description of the experience of another person and I don't believe anyone can judge intent or experience of that for someone else at all. It may come from a desire to help or be kind but it infers that the person being addressed shouldn't feel as they do and it's upsetting to see such strong negative words. Especially given the one person opinion comment. I am not coming from that stand point at all-in fact quite the opposite. I think everyone should be able to communicate how they feel personally without worrying about justifying their positions in the face of words with such negative connotations to describe their experience from others.

We all have our own tolerances, our own approaches and our own opinions and to attempt to put people into neat little boxes doesn't work. All we can do is really worry about our experiences and just try to understand others and afford them the space and understanding of making their own choices.

I'm glad some people have hope. I may not have a lot left myself but it's nice to see the enthusiasm other people have when they talk about it :) at least some people have been lucky enjoy the game even if I can't.

Yes EA haven't got the best track record so far and I do agree with you completely there as you well know! It will take a lot for me personally to consider enough of a change to trust again. But I'm not going to tell anyone they are wrong for believing in EA-that's their choice and their decision to make.

You may have missed a lot of chatter recently around the forums where there has been a lot of talk of whether people are wrong for wanting toddlers, if the game ever needs them despite its what some people want and associated themes. That's why I'm particularly tired of it. Everyone is different and I'd rather discuss the game rather than the player.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 those who know me well know I would not lightly say what I have or say it without genuine concern. The words may be harsh to some but that is how I see the current situation here. If they make one person stop and re-examine the evidence (or lack of it) then something positive has been achieved. Everyone has the right to hope including those bothered by other deficiencies in the game. Just as those who genuinely enjoy the game as it is are free to carry on doing so.

Rather than creating a storm in a teacup and derailing this thread those who are so offended by me stating my opinion are welcome to message me.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, it stemmed from the Drake wanting to know why a Simmer (short name Beth something) liked playing families. Drake had never played families in the Sims' games. Later some got into a tiff in that very long thread and I suggested to Sparkfairy and someone else did too if she would create an Idea thread instead of a Feedback thread maybe gurus would look at it. So she did. But Drake moved it to General. And Lyndsay took a look at it. End of story.

That makes no sense really. If Drake wanted to know what players wanted in toddlers and family life there is already a family play thread full of ideas and idealisms. She could have just read through that and got invovled. Why now anyway? We have been constantly moaning about toddlers and what their absense does to our game experience for years. Why is she suddenly interested now...

I'm not saying the thread was stickied because it's a hint toddlers are coming, I don't believe they are in my heart of hearts.

The thread was stickied to create hype. Probably so the next gamepack sells well. The morale has been totally boosted just because of this so it's had the desired effect.

I'm sorry Crack but you will have to ask SimGuruDrake why she stickied the thread of ideas and not the feedback thread, and why she had not or maybe didn't think about it, that one player why she liked family play and what it was etc. But the idea of a toddler idea thread was presented to Sparkfairy because she is respected here and would get more comments than someone like me...so that is how that particular thread came about.

To answer the question:

A community member linked me to the thread during a conversation I was having regarding what it is about family play in The Sims that really helps to immerse you in that particular play style. I stickied the ideas thread because it is a focus on ideas for what the community would like to see for something that they are passionate about having in the game. The Feedback thread you are talking about is full of ideas but it is also filled with lots of unrelated chatter (and is quite large) that it is hard to go through all of those pages to pull stuff from without running into something not directly related to stuff desired in-game.

While I would prefer to have stickied the thread in the Ideas section I felt that moving it to General Discussion, where a lot of conversation about the subject occurs, would be more beneficial for both the community and for the dev team to see.

You'll notice that with the exception of one announcement thread in General discussion the rest are ones created by community members.

Yes, and why I have said several times over the last year if we put a thread in Ideas maybe you guys would notice instead of having to wade through many discussions. I for one, appreciated Sparkfairy1 did make the thread, and you stickied to the general. No worries here.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    [quote="halimali1980;14658396"]Its OK to ride the hype train, at least you will be excited a bit.
    Yes, when the result won't be as you wished you would be disappointed a bit but you will get over it fast.

So lets all get on the hype train, don't be afraid of falling. With every fall you will learn something

Mother of all mothers of all gods...
  • Options
    [quote="Petarce123;14658653"][quote="Kuffi;14658043"][quote="SimplyTori;14656716"][quote="Petarce123;14656109"]Hopefully the toddlers will look like the toddler in the picture for the CEO!!!
    I hope for Generations EP to come out in June or July with toddlers patched and pre-teens in the EP!(They can sure patch the pre-teens too) :wink: [/quote]

I'm sorry but I think Preteens are going to be the selling point for the Ep!!! They will patch in toddlers but I wouldn't get my hopes up on them patching in preteens ;) [/quote]

/:I[/quote]

I think that too because they were never added in the previous games. :)

[/quote]

Olek. :)
  • Options
    [quote="Kuffi;14663912"][quote="Petarce123;14658653"][quote="Kuffi;14658043"][quote="SimplyTori;14656716"][quote="Petarce123;14656109"]Hopefully the toddlers will look like the toddler in the picture for the CEO!!!
    I hope for Generations EP to come out in June or July with toddlers patched and pre-teens in the EP!(They can sure patch the pre-teens too) :wink: [/quote]

I'm sorry but I think Preteens are going to be the selling point for the Ep!!! They will patch in toddlers but I wouldn't get my hopes up on them patching in preteens ;) [/quote]

/:I[/quote]

I think that too because they were never added in the previous games. :)

[/quote]

Olek. :)[/quote]

Okeh. :)
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    i really hope so! i didnt care for toddlers in Ts3 but with them gone i feel a hole in the game..
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2016
    For me? Yes.

The fact that they stickied that thread and are more open about liking toddler things is a sign to me.

Now, that doesn't mean toddlers will come right away or anything. It will take time to create and code them.

I just think it's a hopeful sign that they may come one day. When? I don't know. But I feel hopeful.

I'm hoping by the end of this year or sometime next year. I'm going to give it that much.

If ts5 ends up having them, and I don't get even a discount for that game, I would be very upset, because that would mean that sticking with and hoping with ts4 was a waste of time, energy, and money for me. I'm not going through similar angst with another generation of sims games like this again. That's just cruel of EA to do that to many of us toddler-lover simmers. :frowning:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    For me? Yes.

The fact that they stickied that thread and are more open about liking toddler things is a sign to me.

Now, that doesn't mean toddlers will come right away or anything. It will take time to create and code them.

I just think it's a hopeful sign that they may come one day. When? I don't know. But I feel hopeful.

I'm hoping by the end of this year or sometime next year. I'm going to give it that much.

If ts5 ends up having them, and I don't get even a discount for that game, I would be very upset, because that would mean that sticking with and hoping with ts4 was a waste of time, energy, and money for me. I'm not going through similar agony with another generation of sims games like this again. That's just cruel of EA to do that to many of us toddler-lover simmers. :frowning:

Interesting reply. I wonder if they end up skipping toddlers in TS4 all together but we get them in TS5. Who knows?

Anyway my guess is that toddlers won't be here this year
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    For me? Yes.

If ts5 ends up having them, and I don't get even a discount for that game, I would be very upset, because that would mean that sticking with and hoping with ts4 was a waste of time, energy, and money for me. I'm not going through similar agony with another generation of sims games like this again. That's just cruel of EA to do that to many of us toddler-lover simmers. :frowning:

Interesting reply. I wonder if they end up skipping toddlers in TS4 all together but we get them in TS5. Who knows?

If they skip toddlers in ts4, then Ts5 has to really, really make up for the frustration and anger and bitterness of the ts4 era. I want EA to be more open about announcements in ts5, and there better be tons of base game stuff that was not originally in Ts4 (like pools, toddlers, ghosts, and various things from ts2 and Ts3).

Basically, for me, ts5 has to be totally amazing for me to convince me to get warped into another generation of just desperately waiting and hoping for any news again.

The silence regarding toddlers (or any worthwhile news) was/is ridiculous. I'm not going through all of that again! :weary:

Ts5 will not instantly make me happy unless it has very huge changes/improvements, like waaay more and better content, and waaaay better PR announcements, interviews, etc...

I will definitely wait for confirmation of many missing things and wait for less mixed feedback to buy into another sims iteration.

Because I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...all without any news or actual official hints, and still waiting and waiting.

(I wasn't in love with sims 3, either, and it was my least favorite of the sims games before maybe even ts4, so this may be the last sims game for me, if ts5 doesn't show some MAJOR improvements. Also, TS5 better work smooth like butter like ts4 did, too. Sims 3 frustrated me to no end. Ugh. I skipped most of sims 3 during its lifetime. I may have to skip another sims game's lifetime...)

(She/her)
  • Options
    For me? Yes.

If they skip toddlers in ts4, then Ts5 has to really, really make up for the frustration and anger and bitterness of the ts4 era. I want EA to be more open about announcements in ts5, and there better be tons of base game stuff that was not originally in Ts4 (like pools, toddlers, ghosts, and various things from ts2 and Ts3).

Basically, for me, ts5 has to be totally amazing for me to convince me to get warped into another generation of just desperately waiting and hoping for any news again.

The silence regarding toddlers (or any worthwhile news) was/is ridiculous. I'm not going through all of that again! :weary:

Ts5 will not instantly make me happy unless it has very huge changes/improvements, like waaay more and better content, and waaaay better PR announcements, interviews, etc...

I will definitely wait for confirmation of many missing things and wait for less mixed feedback to buy into another sims iteration.

Because I'm getting quite tired of waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...all without any news or actual official hints, and still waiting and waiting.

(I wasn't in love with sims 3, either, and it was my least favorite of the sims games before ts4, so this may be the last sims game for me, if ts5 doesn't show some MAJOR improvements. I skipped most of sims 3 during its lifetime. I may have to skip another sims game's lifetime...)

Don't worry, I think they will make up for things and TS5 could be amazing :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    For me? Yes.

(I wasn't in love with sims 3, either, and it was my least favorite of the sims games before ts4, so this may be the last sims game for me, if ts5 doesn't show some MAJOR improvements. I skipped most of sims 3 during its lifetime. I may have to skip another sims game's lifetime...)

Don't worry, I think they will make up for things and TS5 could be amazing :smile:

By the time TS5 rolls out there may not be pc gaming. We never know what new thing people will move to...according to many desktop pcs are a dying breed, and more people play on tablets or an IOS etc. Or still on console like PS and Xboxes (not matter the version). I think TS5 will be a simplified app for a phone or your android TV gadget. AKA: across the web, streaming like you can play games now that way on your TV boxes like Roku or Andriod, Sling Boxes etc. etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    For me? Yes.

I would hope so, lol! :smiley:

And I also want it to work way better than sims 3 did for me. That was a huge plus for ts4 for me.

I'd rather not have open world again if the devs can't program them correctly, sheesh.

And have more sims on lots, like sims 4, sims 1, and sims 2 did. (Sims 3 worlds were so empty on both of my computers. That actually brought me to tears at one point, for real.)

(She/her)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    For me? Yes.

I would hope so, lol! :smiley:

And I also want it to work way better than sims 3 did for me. That was a huge plus for ts4 for me.

I'd rather not have open world again if the devs can't program them correctly, sheesh.

And have more sims on lots, like sims 4, sims 1, and sims 2 did. (Sims 3 worlds were so empty on both of my computers. That actually brought me to tears at one point, for real.)

But you gave up so much because they said this game would be amazing because of closed world. Well, we don't have babies that can be carried away from a crib (closed world). We don't see Sims get into car pools (closed world). We don't see burglars or policeman (we can call) (closed world). We don't see the whole twenty Sims around outside or inside a building as promised by Graham (Closed world). We don't see toddlers (closed world). We don't see cars. (closed world) We don't see weather (closed world) or Pets (closed world) or Supernaturals (closed world) we don't see one third what the closed world systems of the past offered. So, sacrificing open world and CASt hasn't actually lived up to the hype. Number one problem is the culling...in a closed world system none of that makes sense. Especially, family trees culled.