Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

I believe Sims 2 and 3 had the same engine. Or similar. I know they reused assests like the pillow fight animations.

Sims 4 is a new engine so not everything is going to work the same. That's not really an excuse in the end though.

Well, either way, Sims 2 was a new engine at the time as well. They managed to find a way to make toddlers work. Then again, we're talking about the same people who also claimed that creating a live bear for the 'Outdoor Retreat' pack would be "too hard".

Oh the bear fiasco. It makes me angry every time i remember.
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

Multitasking. Issues with multitasking is why babies were tied to cribs too. A guru explained how they were having issues with the sims pulling them in and out of thin air like they do with objects when cooking, cleaning, etc. But due to time constraints they had to move on and work on other things.

Do you know what I find sad and pathetic? You continually insulting the devs and gurus because you believe they just sit at their desks all day and twiddling their thumbs. They have time constraints, if they can't do something in a certain amount of time, they have to work on something else. They aren't free to do anything they want. It's a job, not a hobby.

Since its MY thread. I would appreciate it if you can save all your rude comments towards other simmers in MY thread to yourself.

I think it's more pathetic to treat developers like your friends instead of the people who work for a mediocre comapany.
    Lustianicia called the devs the same so I responded the same. The devs are people who have lives and feeling, no one should be insulted like that for something they couldn't control.

I don't know about you, but when I have a problem with the company and you complain and complain and nothing gets done you take it on the people representing the company.This team is not nearly as good as previous ones. TS4 gets more complains than the previous games. I'm sure they have lives, but i'm buying their products and its not good they are doing a bad job in every sigle aspect and as a customer im unhappy. The game has potential but that doesn't matter if the team is lazy and only cares about gaining money

Hello everyone! Yep, good ol' SimGuruDrake here to make a quick comment:

It is fine to have issues with how you feel the game is being handled and I'm not going to say that your complaints with the game are invalid because I feel everyone has different wants / needs / desires when it comes to The Sims and what will make it enjoyable for them.

What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present. What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game. From the looks of it it isn't just about this one particular aspect that you are having issues with, there seems to be more that you find important for your style of play that you just don't feel you have right now and it would help me understand you a bit better to know what you feel is missing.

I also want to note for everyone that (and I've said it repeatedly) the team does read the forums but what would really help them is instead of just yelling and being angry you channel that into constructive criticism. Saying "I don't like [INSERT THING]" without any explanation doesn't do the team (or me who helps to present your feedback) any good when we can't truly understand WHY you're upset. That is why saying "I don't like [INSERT THING] because XYZ" helps or "I'd love it if [INSERT THING] was in the game because XYZ."

I am a huge fan of constructive criticism but what I am not a fan of are personal attacks toward fellow community members or employees.

Hello @SimGuruDrake Sticking my nose in this thread that I had up to now avoided other than reading.

I have a problem with your comment about "What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game." We have done that repeatedly and frequently until we are all extremely frustrated from the lack of response from EA/Maxis PTB's. On another thread the OP( @sparkfairy1) collected info from the posters and sent to @SimGuruLyndsay and never heard a word back from anyone and since some of it was about family play we certainly have not seen it implemented in the game. The silenced continued and she actually quit popping in the thread.

I will be perfectly honest I do not need sim guru friends. I don't care what your favorite color is, or what you favorite ice cream is...others do.
    I want to know what the plans are for the game based on the feedback you have heard from all of us, those who are perfectly happy with the way things are, those who have 'settled' with the way things are, and those who want better. I know you cannot and the dev's cannot release certain info without permission, but, as long as you guys do not communicate that you are reading, you are listening and explaining why certain things can or cannot be done, you will see these kind of complaints. I don't blame the dev's. I blame the PTB's. You need to have a long chat with them and make THEM read these forums.

I want to know that you guys understand that we want toddlers and some want tweens, some want babies and teens fixed. If you are trying...please tell us and put us out of our miseries. If you are NOT trying....tell us and again, put us out of our miseries. If you are trying and having trouble making it work, just tell us so we know, can commiserate with the devs and understand what they are working against. Leaving this out there just makes for more frustration, more arguments and more conflict in the community which is on EA for not communicating with us. Their is an article out there that Peter said the company would be more friendly to the community and I do not see this happening and telling me what ice cream you like is not exactly gonna stop the arguments here.

I honestly at this point don't care if toddlers are put in the game I will NOT buy it. Way too many other factors for me personally that I HAVE discussed calmly and critically in other threads. Others do care though and they should be informed if this will happen or not so they can make their decision to stay or not based on the info y'all give.

Communication is a two way street and you guys are falling down on the job. The frustrations here are because you....the collective EA/Maxis you, not you personally are not following through. The frustrations are ignored, pooh, poohed in interviews that 'we want too much', telemetry is used that is not indicative of the feelings around the community. I could go on and on and on...but will just stop here.

Exactly. Though you might enjoy this

grouch%20anthem_zpsvojomybg.gif
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 yes. What I get sick of most is thw situation makes it seem like one set of customers (already happy) are worth it but others (not happy yet) aren't. Even when both sets of customers invested in the game.

That's the impression I've got from those interviews and it's sad.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    bekkasan wrote: »

I believe Sims 2 and 3 had the same engine. Or similar. I know they reused assests like the pillow fight animations.

Sims 4 is a new engine so not everything is going to work the same. That's not really an excuse in the end though.

Well, either way, Sims 2 was a new engine at the time as well. They managed to find a way to make toddlers work. Then again, we're talking about the same people who also claimed that creating a live bear for the 'Outdoor Retreat' pack would be "too hard".

Oh the bear fiasco. It makes me angry every time i remember.

Multitasking. Issues with multitasking is why babies were tied to cribs too. A guru explained how they were having issues with the sims pulling them in and out of thin air like they do with objects when cooking, cleaning, etc. But due to time constraints they had to move on and work on other things.

Do you know what I find sad and pathetic? You continually insulting the devs and gurus because you believe they just sit at their desks all day and twiddling their thumbs. They have time constraints, if they can't do something in a certain amount of time, they have to work on something else. They aren't free to do anything they want. It's a job, not a hobby.

Since its MY thread. I would appreciate it if you can save all your rude comments towards other simmers in MY thread to yourself.

I think it's more pathetic to treat developers like your friends instead of the people who work for a mediocre comapany.
    Lustianicia called the devs the same so I responded the same. The devs are people who have lives and feeling, no one should be insulted like that for something they couldn't control.

I don't know about you, but when I have a problem with the company and you complain and complain and nothing gets done you take it on the people representing the company.This team is not nearly as good as previous ones. TS4 gets more complains than the previous games. I'm sure they have lives, but i'm buying their products and its not good they are doing a bad job in every sigle aspect and as a customer im unhappy. The game has potential but that doesn't matter if the team is lazy and only cares about gaining money

Hello everyone! Yep, good ol' SimGuruDrake here to make a quick comment:

It is fine to have issues with how you feel the game is being handled and I'm not going to say that your complaints with the game are invalid because I feel everyone has different wants / needs / desires when it comes to The Sims and what will make it enjoyable for them.

What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present. What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game. From the looks of it it isn't just about this one particular aspect that you are having issues with, there seems to be more that you find important for your style of play that you just don't feel you have right now and it would help me understand you a bit better to know what you feel is missing.

I also want to note for everyone that (and I've said it repeatedly) the team does read the forums but what would really help them is instead of just yelling and being angry you channel that into constructive criticism. Saying "I don't like [INSERT THING]" without any explanation doesn't do the team (or me who helps to present your feedback) any good when we can't truly understand WHY you're upset. That is why saying "I don't like [INSERT THING] because XYZ" helps or "I'd love it if [INSERT THING] was in the game because XYZ."

I am a huge fan of constructive criticism but what I am not a fan of are personal attacks toward fellow community members or employees.

Hello @SimGuruDrake Sticking my nose in this thread that I had up to now avoided other than reading.

I have a problem with your comment about "What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game." We have done that repeatedly and frequently until we are all extremely frustrated from the lack of response from EA/Maxis PTB's. On another thread the OP( @sparkfairy1) collected info from the posters and sent to @SimGuruLyndsay and never heard a word back from anyone and since some of it was about family play we certainly have not seen it implemented in the game. The silenced continued and she actually quit popping in the thread.

I will be perfectly honest I do not need sim guru friends. I don't care what your favorite color is, or what you favorite ice cream is...others do.
    I want to know what the plans are for the game based on the feedback you have heard from all of us, those who are perfectly happy with the way things are, those who have 'settled' with the way things are, and those who want better. I know you cannot and the dev's cannot release certain info without permission, but, as long as you guys do not communicate that you are reading, you are listening and explaining why certain things can or cannot be done, you will see these kind of complaints. I don't blame the dev's. I blame the PTB's. You need to have a long chat with them and make THEM read these forums.

I want to know that you guys understand that we want toddlers and some want tweens, some want babies and teens fixed. If you are trying...please tell us and put us out of our miseries. If you are NOT trying....tell us and again, put us out of our miseries. If you are trying and having trouble making it work, just tell us so we know, can commiserate with the devs and understand what they are working against. Leaving this out there just makes for more frustration, more arguments and more conflict in the community which is on EA for not communicating with us. Their is an article out there that Peter said the company would be more friendly to the community and I do not see this happening and telling me what ice cream you like is not exactly gonna stop the arguments here.

I honestly at this point don't care if toddlers are put in the game I will NOT buy it. Way too many other factors for me personally that I HAVE discussed calmly and critically in other threads. Others do care though and they should be informed if this will happen or not so they can make their decision to stay or not based on the info y'all give.

Communication is a two way street and you guys are falling down on the job. The frustrations here are because you....the collective EA/Maxis you, not you personally are not following through. The frustrations are ignored, pooh, poohed in interviews that 'we want too much', telemetry is used that is not indicative of the feelings around the community. I could go on and on and on...but will just stop here.

Exactly. Though you might enjoy this

grouch%20anthem_zpsvojomybg.gif
    @phoebebebe13 yes. What I get sick of most is thw situation makes it seem like one set of customers (already happy) are worth it but others (not happy yet) aren't. Even when both sets of customers invested in the game.

That's the impression I've got from those interviews and it's sad.

Ya just gotta love those muppets!!

I'm still hanging in these forums for two reasons. Number one I've made lots of friends over the years and want to hang around with them. Number two....complaining!! I've got no where else to voice my displeasure so here I stay. I don't do facebook, can't figure out twitter...although I've tried and do have an acct and posted a few times. It is just not the same. Sims 5 may be worse than Sims4 and may be mobile, but, it won't be because they didn't hear from me. I've voiced what I want and will continue to do so at every opportunity that I get. They messed up big time taking Sim City online and if they take the Sims PC version to mobile it will be another big mess up. My opinion of course. I don't have a way to actually see the future. whispers::::I'd have those lotto numbers if I did::::
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I'd love if the game had toddlers because it expands the family aspect when your done with having you sims travelling, partying, and just doing nothing. It adds more fun and it motivates me to play just like other family players ( which i'm sure everyone is at some point ), but the majority of players would LOVE to see toddlers added because they finally get to enjoy a complete family and have a toddler to teach, etc. The toddler stage has not been added at the start, but we all would love to see them return. @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    What I want is not even toddlers at this point. I want to know if they will come or not. If they won't come back , fine, ill stop purchasing the game cause i hate the way everything is being handle in this game. The delays, half baked products, missing content we even had in ts1, basic things like NPCs, i could go on for many hours. I am also calm, i'm annoyed as a customer but im calm.The things is that when you have to ask one, two, three times for information and you as a team completely ignore it, how can you expect customers not to lose their patience? What company would ever expect that?

THIS. Especially Orchid's third sentence (my emphasis). EA will not say toddlers aren't coming because if they did, many players would give up on the series instead of buying every piece of content that comes out, in hopes that toddlers will be there eventually.

• Options
    FlyingDarkWingFlyingDarkWing Posts: 111 Member
    How about everyone just go back playing sims 3 & sims 2 ultimate collection, I mean they have toddlers and everything else so what's the point waiting for new I keep for new patch on simsvip, and I'm just like whatever so just play sims 3 or sims 2 for sims 4 I'll just play how I want to I don't worry about family gameplay that much anyway.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2016
    How about everyone just go back playing sims 3 & sims 2 ultimate collection, I mean they have toddlers and everything else so what's the point waiting for new I keep for new patch on simsvip, and I'm just like whatever so just play sims 3 or sims 2 for sims 4 I'll just play how I want to I don't worry about family gameplay that much anyway.

The same could be said to those who don't like open world or story progression. They could have just stuck with sims 2 that way their rotational play wouldn't be affected and they wouldn't have to travel the world..they could just sit through those loading screens. They could of also just stayed with sims 1 if toddlers/family play is such a burden and isn't their thing since toddlers weren't in sims one either. I just think its funny how they tell us to go back while its okay for them to go forward..I still play sims 2 and 3 but at the same time I would have loved to play sims 4 sense its suppose to be newest and improved sims game..The point is we want improvement with each game that everyone can experience and enjoy.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    They aren't allowed to talk about future content. "Future content", think about what that means.
    No matter how much you wish they would, they can't, it's in their contract.

It really doesn't matter why you think toddlers haven't arrived yet, after over a year, whether it's because they take time to develop, the haven't been started on yet, because it's too difficult, or because the developers are "lazy". It really doesn't matter! Because it all still comes down to "we can't talk about future content". And we won't hear about toddlers until they are actually coming, and if that is in an EP, probably around 2 months before release.
    They can't talk about future content, and there's nothing any petitions or whining from our part that can actually change that fact.

For those that are desperate for news about toddlers, "we're not allowed to talk about future content" is the only thing they can say. And what does it mean? Well, it means that toddlers fall into the category of "future content". That is all they can say for now. Be patient. And don't start telling that a year and a half is too long to wait, because if that's considered much, even for a game, it's not a long time at all. I'm sorry, but it's not.
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    They aren't allowed to talk about future content. "Future content", think about what that means.

It really doesn't matter why you think toddlers haven't arrived yet, after over a year, whether it's because they take time to develop, the haven't been started on yet, because it's too difficult, or because the developers are "lazy". It really doesn't matter! Because it all still comes down to "we can't talk about future content". And we won't hear about toddlers until they are actually coming, and if that is in an EP, probably around 2 months before release.
    They can't talk about future content, and there's nothing any petitions or whining from our part that can actually change that fact.

For those that are desperate for news about toddlers, "we're not allowed to talk about future content" is the only thing they can say. And what does it mean? Well, it means that toddlers fall into the category of "future content". That is all they can say for now. Be patient. And don't start telling that a year and a half is too long to wait, because if that's considered much, even for a game, it's not a long time at all. I'm sorry, but it's not.

do you agree with that. like do you agree that we are not allowed to even talk about any possible future content if so why.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2016
    Nope, that boat has sailed and sunked. Like you said, all they had to do was give us a simple yes or no answer if they were coming or not. It doesn't take a year to figure that out, I don't care how long it will take I just wanted to know if they were in the works or not. O well, at least toddlers still live on in my games: Screenshot-255_zps2m4ww1sp.jpgScreenshot-256_zps6znbwegq.jpgScreenshot-235_zpsz9ezudjd.jpg
    http://vid292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/brittany_johnson20/Video-3_zps7ggkhfnb.mp4
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    I'll front this by saying that I had no intention of playing Sims 4 when I realized how much would be missing from the base game, including my beloved toddlers. But last year my desktop broke, so rather than not Sim at all, I bought Sims 4 for my laptop. I have grown to love the Sims 4 a lot. There are even a number of things I prefer in Sims 4. That being said, I consider it "Sims Lite" as it does not feel like a full game.

I don't think we'll get toddlers. I don't thinks it's a development priority for the powers in charge. I'm married to a programmer. Therefore, I'm well aware that programmers are given a list of priorities and told what to ignore and what to focus on. I do not blame the "worker bees". I blame the person(s) that have decided toddlers would not be delivered as promised. At this point, so much time has passed that it would be impossible to deliver toddlers and meet the expectations of the customers. Even if toddlers were patched in today, the iteration of toddlers provided will fall short of our hopes.

Many of those simmers eagerly begging for toddlers (and claiming this is the one thing that will make them buy into Sims 4) will be furious that the toddlers provided are too _____________ and they are walking away forever. I see it as a lose-lose situation. If they don't add toddlers, simmers are angry. If they do add toddlers, it's too late in the game for a number of simmers. Also they will not meet the expectations of those that have been begging for over a year and a half for this promised content.

As for myself, I will play the Sims 4 (and likely buy new content) for light amusement and fun. If I want to lose myself into the game, play a legacy/100BC or create to my heart's content, I have Sims 3... patched only to 1.67, because I have trust issues with EA...

On the bright side of Sims 4. They are putting out such little content and I can't gift via Origin, so it's feels like I am saving a lot of money LOL
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »

They can't talk about future content, but they can confirm pets aren't being worked on at the moment. Sorry, something isn't adding up there.

Poor excuse is poor.

More like they can talk about any future content except toddlers.

omg i totally brought this up in another post that actually just got deleted but yeah this is so true! saying they cant talk about future content is not true now granted they simply trailed off and said pets are not in the something i could not hear the last word he said. and it could be us reading between the lines the same way we read between the lines when gurus give us a yes or no giff for a patch this month or hints about game packs with hungry for new info tweets. like ea really needs to get its act together.
  • Options
    Nope, that boat has sailed and sunked. Like you said, all they had to do was give us a simple yes or no answer if they were coming or not. It doesn't take a year to figure that out, I don't care how long it will take I just wanted to know if they were in the works or not. O well, at least toddlers still live on in my games:

"Future content" is as simple they are allowed to get when answering that question, provided they don't want to lose their job and their livelihood. It doesn't take an Einstein to interpret that in this case, and with this particular question, that means a "yes".

(P.s. Hope you don't mind me not quoting the pictures, they were lovely, just didn't want to make my post take up too much space.)
  • Options
    mrb wrote: »

do you agree with that. like do you agree that we are not allowed to even talk about any possible future content if so why.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I used to like getting a leaflet of future content in a newly released EP in sims 2 days, however, there's not much anyone can do about the terms of their contracts today. It doesn't surprise me at all that it's written in their contracts that they can't talk about future content though. Media has changed rapidly since Sims 2 days, so we can't really compare what choices they made in terms of information sharing they had then vs. now.
    There's a mountain of people today using all different types of media to reach them, and if they were to say just one wrong thing, there's chain-reactions that don't necessarily tell the whole truth. We see proof of that nearly every day through twitter, and they see it too.
    I don't think it's about them not wanting to be able to share information at all, it's more about online safety than anything else. And they have work to do, I'd much rather they be working than talking about working, because that is ultimately what they are supposed to do.

• Options

I'm not asking the dev's to talk about future content. I'm asking the PTB's to get in here and let us know once and for all what is going on with toddlers. They won't have to worry about anymore of these kind of threads if they at least acknowledge what they are/are not/unable to do. Some of us will go away, some of us will stay and complain for the future depending on the answer. (y'all are not getting rid of me that easy) Peter himself said they would be more fan friendly. It has not happened yet. It is not the dev's decision and I respect that part of it. I don't respect the producers and other upper management and that includes RF who have LET this happen to simmers because of their silence. This divide in the community us(simmers wanting better family play) vs them (simmers happy with Sim4) should be ALL of US against EA/Maxis for what they have done to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @Slawfish most of the people asking for more information are not addressing gurus. They are addressing EA/Maxis as an organisation. Someone at a higher level has enacted the 'zip your lips' policy and many feel that need to be reconsidered around some of the bigger issues.

Whether they like it or not this situation has caused damage to the EA/Maxis relationship with some of their customers and so those customers want to see the bigger issues addressed or even acknowledged to at least see some movement on fixing the issues they caused and repair the damage done by dismissive comments which made the initial poor experience for the customer into a worse situation.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @Slawfish most of the people asking for more information are not addressing gurus. They are addressing EA/Maxis as an organisation. Someone at a higher level has enacted the 'zip your lips' policy and many feel that need to be reconsidered around some of the bigger issues.

Whether they like it or not this situation has caused damage to the EA/Maxis relationship with some of their customers and so those customers want to see the bigger issues addressed or even acknowledged to at least see some movement on fixing the issues they caused and repair the damage done by dismissive comments which made the initial poor experience for the customer into a worse situation.

Its not Maxis. It's just EA. EA is plum doing this to DICE too. Its freaking annoying!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

this is exactly what i am talking about. heck i feel like their choices are doing nothing but deviding the comunity and creating a toxic envoriment for anyone to share anything other then "positive feedback"
  • Options
    @AquaSimmer1212 it really doesn't matter whether it's EA or Maxis-the end result is the same :( seems pretty at odds with the 'player first' thing too.
  • Options

Its not Maxis. It's just EA. EA is plum doing this to DICE too. Its freaking annoying!!

I think Maxis has just as much responsibility in this as EA. They work for EA, they see the mess in these forums. @SimGuruDrake communicates to her bosses and they should be communicating to theirs and some one should just step in and clean it up. This is the biggest issue at this point in time. The game has other problems, but this is the biggest one right now that causes the most angst, anger and outright nastiness on the forums and needs to be addressed and they are just ignoring it until someone oversteps themselves in frustration and makes a comment that triggers the moderators or a guru to step in. Either the thread disappears or is closed until the next time :( They need to address it like adults and deal with it and stop this mess.

@astro ummm.....nice hunky avatar. I know off topic....I couldn't resist. :grin: