Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Slawfish most of the people asking for more information are not addressing gurus. They are addressing EA/Maxis as an organisation. Someone at a higher level has enacted the 'zip your lips' policy and many feel that need to be reconsidered around some of the bigger issues.

Whether they like it or not this situation has caused damage to the EA/Maxis relationship with some of their customers and so those customers want to see the bigger issues addressed or even acknowledged to at least see some movement on fixing the issues they caused and repair the damage done by dismissive comments which made the initial poor experience for the customer into a worse situation.

Its not Maxis. It's just EA. EA is plum doing this to DICE too. Its freaking annoying!!

I think Maxis has just as much responsibility in this as EA. They work for EA, they see the mess in these forums. @SimGuruDrake communicates to her bosses and they should be communicating to theirs and some one should just step in and clean it up. This is the biggest issue at this point in time. The game has other problems, but this is the biggest one right now that causes the most angst, anger and outright nastiness on the forums and needs to be addressed and they are just ignoring it until someone oversteps themselves in frustration and makes a comment that triggers the moderators or a guru to step in. Either the thread disappears or is closed until the next time :( They need to address it like adults and deal with it and stop this mess.

@astro ummm.....nice hunky avatar. I know off topic....I couldn't resist. :grin:

But what can they really do, they're bound by contract. We don't know if Maxis has talked to their bosses or not. Maybe they have and got turned down. We have no idea, which is of course the main problem.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    I can answer the question about why don't those of us who want toddlers just go back to Sims2 or Sims3. From time to time I do go back. But you know what? Just like my love/hate relationship with Sims3, for what it didn't have, it was hard to play the game without some of the things in Sims3 that I did love. CAS, the innovative design tool, the open world. With Sims4, the CAS is even BETTER, and so is the build mode. It's very hard to even go back to Sims3, where the toddlers exist, but like the other Sims are so devoid of personality, they're practically useless. I am beginning to perceive 3 was a definite precursor to doing away with that life-stage altogether. It breaks my heart, but here you have it. Only EA can reverse my thinking on this by reinstating our toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    @Slawfish most of the people asking for more information are not addressing gurus. They are addressing EA/Maxis as an organisation. Someone at a higher level has enacted the 'zip your lips' policy and many feel that need to be reconsidered around some of the bigger issues.

Whether they like it or not this situation has caused damage to the EA/Maxis relationship with some of their customers and so those customers want to see the bigger issues addressed or even acknowledged to at least see some movement on fixing the issues they caused and repair the damage done by dismissive comments which made the initial poor experience for the customer into a worse situation.

I agree that it is a problem. However, as much as contracts are for individual people working at a company, organization of a larger size will have very standardized terms in their contracts that won't be catered to employees individually, individually to branches, individually to certain content compared to other content (between different EPs, or even Stuff Packs and GPs). It is all going to be standardized, otherwise they might be looking into making exceptions every day of the month. And it's all unnecessary work in the end. There is no gain for the company, and no gain for the customers to be that nitpicky.

I agree that toddlers are an exception, and the "unknowing" is dividing fans up. But I don't believe they can say anything to stop the fans with threads about them until they actually arrive. After a definite "yes", there is still going to be "when". And fans will be just as passionate about that.

• Options
    Slawfish wrote: »
    They aren't allowed to talk about future content. "Future content", think about what that means.
    No matter how much you wish they would, they can't, it's in their contract.

It really doesn't matter why you think toddlers haven't arrived yet, after over a year, whether it's because they take time to develop, the haven't been started on yet, because it's too difficult, or because the developers are "lazy". It really doesn't matter! Because it all still comes down to "we can't talk about future content". And we won't hear about toddlers until they are actually coming, and if that is in an EP, probably around 2 months before release.
    They can't talk about future content, and there's nothing any petitions or whining from our part that can actually change that fact.

For those that are desperate for news about toddlers, "we're not allowed to talk about future content" is the only thing they can say. And what does it mean? Well, it means that toddlers fall into the category of "future content". That is all they can say for now. Be patient. And don't start telling that a year and a half is too long to wait, because if that's considered much, even for a game, it's not a long time at all. I'm sorry, but it's not.

I'm not asking the dev's to talk about future content. I'm asking the PTB's to get in here and let us know once and for all what is going on with toddlers. They won't have to worry about anymore of these kind of threads if they at least acknowledge what they are/are not/unable to do. Some of us will go away, some of us will stay and complain for the future depending on the answer. (y'all are not getting rid of me that easy) Peter himself said they would be more fan friendly. It has not happened yet. It is not the dev's decision and I respect that part of it. I don't respect the producers and other upper management and that includes RF who have LET this happen to simmers because of their silence. This divide in the community us(simmers wanting better family play) vs them (simmers happy with Sim4) should be ALL of US against EA/Maxis for what they have done to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They consider toddlers to fall into the category of "future content". That's all they can say unfortunately.
    For me that is a good enough answer, for some it will never be. For some a "yes, we are working on them" will be a good enough answer, for others, even that wont be enough. If they can't talk about it, they simply can't.
  • Options
    SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    They aren't allowed to talk about future content. "Future content", think about what that means.

It really doesn't matter why you think toddlers haven't arrived yet, after over a year, whether it's because they take time to develop, the haven't been started on yet, because it's too difficult, or because the developers are "lazy". It really doesn't matter! Because it all still comes down to "we can't talk about future content". And we won't hear about toddlers until they are actually coming, and if that is in an EP, probably around 2 months before release.
    They can't talk about future content, and there's nothing any petitions or whining from our part that can actually change that fact.

For those that are desperate for news about toddlers, "we're not allowed to talk about future content" is the only thing they can say. And what does it mean? Well, it means that toddlers fall into the category of "future content". That is all they can say for now. Be patient. And don't start telling that a year and a half is too long to wait, because if that's considered much, even for a game, it's not a long time at all. I'm sorry, but it's not.

I'm not asking the dev's to talk about future content. I'm asking the PTB's to get in here and let us know once and for all what is going on with toddlers. They won't have to worry about anymore of these kind of threads if they at least acknowledge what they are/are not/unable to do. Some of us will go away, some of us will stay and complain for the future depending on the answer. (y'all are not getting rid of me that easy) Peter himself said they would be more fan friendly. It has not happened yet. It is not the dev's decision and I respect that part of it. I don't respect the producers and other upper management and that includes RF who have LET this happen to simmers because of their silence. This divide in the community us(simmers wanting better family play) vs them (simmers happy with Sim4) should be ALL of US against EA/Maxis for what they have done to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you this is sim war 4 !
  • Options

Its not Maxis. It's just EA. EA is plum doing this to DICE too. Its freaking annoying!!

I think Maxis has just as much responsibility in this as EA. They work for EA, they see the mess in these forums. @SimGuruDrake communicates to her bosses and they should be communicating to theirs and some one should just step in and clean it up. This is the biggest issue at this point in time. The game has other problems, but this is the biggest one right now that causes the most angst, anger and outright nastiness on the forums and needs to be addressed and they are just ignoring it until someone oversteps themselves in frustration and makes a comment that triggers the moderators or a guru to step in. Either the thread disappears or is closed until the next time :( They need to address it like adults and deal with it and stop this mess.

@astro ummm.....nice hunky avatar. I know off topic....I couldn't resist. :grin:

But what can they really do, they're bound by contract. We don't know if Maxis has talked to their bosses or not. Maybe they have and got turned down. We have no idea, which is of course the main problem.

This is so true. We simply don't know what going on. But there is nothing we can do about it.
    I think it's fair to say though, that whatever decision they made, or had made for them, in regards to toddlers, this one certainly isn't the easiest route. At least not from where I'm looking.
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member

They consider toddlers to fall into the category of "future content". That's all they can say unfortunately.
    For me that is a good enough answer, for some it will never be. For some a "yes, we are working on them" will be a good enough answer, for others, even that wont be enough. If they can't talk about it, they simply can't.

here is the funny thing i do not even think they say they cant talk about tolders. they doge the question sure but they never say we are sorry we cant talk about tolders why because its future content and sadly we just cant say anything about future content we are sorry for the disapoitment it causes and even the fursturation. we wish we could say if tolders are coming or not we know it would ease off a bit of tension but unfonortnally we just cant disscuss it. something as simple as that may even break the tension rather then dogeing the question.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present.
    I won't say your feelings are wrong, but I do think your reason is.

I don't believe the team is lazy because Sims 4 lacks certain things I want. I think they're lazy (or at the very least, cutting a lot of corners) because certain elements of the game don't function as well as they supposedly should.

The emotions, for example, are too easily manipulated in my opinion. I can make a depressed sim happy by putting her in a room full of paintings without emotional auras. That's too over-the-top for my tastes.

I don't necessarily think the team is greedy, but I do think they're pushy. Too pushy. Okay, that's the point of advertising, but that doesn't make having ads for the packs practically thrown in my face any less irritating. Before I bought Get Together, there was a preview of Windenburg in the map view. I knew Get Together had been released! I didn't want to see a preview of that town every time I loaded the map to remind me I didn't have it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present.
    I won't say your feelings are wrong, but I do think your reason is.

I don't believe the team is lazy because Sims 4 lacks certain things I want. I think they're lazy (or at the very least, cutting a lot of corners) because certain elements of the game don't function as well as they supposedly should.

The emotions, for example, are too easily manipulated in my opinion. I can make a depressed sim happy by putting her in a room full of paintings without emotional auras. That's too over-the-top for my tastes.

I don't necessarily think the team is greedy, but I do think they're pushy. Too pushy. Okay, that's the point of advertising, but that doesn't make having ads for the packs practically thrown in my face any less irritating. Before I bought Get Together, there was a preview of Windenburg in the map view. I knew Get Together had been released! I didn't want to see a preview of that town every time I loaded the map to remind me I didn't have it.

well its much of an excuse because guess what its their job to make things function and if they cant make it function well i dont know go find another job then.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I'm afraid, after that last SimGuru comment, we will go back to dead silence. That's the way it always goes.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I'm afraid, after that last SimGuru comment, we will go back to dead silence. That's the way it always goes.

Of course it does. This is basically how the thread just went:

Fans: "We want toddlers!" *constant posts about wanting toddlers in the game*
    Toddlers Toddlers Toddlers Toddlers Toddlers Toddlers Toddlers

Sim Guru: Please explain to us what you want to see in the game

Edit: Apparently constantly asking for toddlers in The Sims 4 isn't enough of an explanation...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member

Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Apparently constantly asking for toddlers in The Sims 4 isn't enough of an explanation...

*eye roll* How about you drive yourself up to EA headquarters and have a talk with the PR and ask them why Sim Studio isn't allowed to talk about possible content being in development instead of taking out your frustration on the gurus who Can't talk about certain things?

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I want toddlers in this game because without them it breaks immersion and makes the entire family play feel incomplete. I would like to know if they are at least in the cards for the future or not so we can all go live in peace. People are going to either buy the game or not regardless of what you say EA. I agree it has been way to long and that the fans deserve an answer as to whether cutting them is permanent. If you simply don't know, then it would be appreciated if you would say so. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »

Apparently constantly asking for toddlers in The Sims 4 isn't enough of an explanation...

*eye roll* How about you drive yourself up to EA headquarters and have a talk with the PR and ask them why Sim Studio isn't allowed to talk about possible content being in development instead of taking out your frustration on the gurus who Can't talk about certain things?

You missed the point completely. The problem is that the gurus want us to explain to them what we want to see in the game, but that's literally what we've been doing for over a year now. Toddlers are literally one of the most demanded and talked about missing features from this game. The fact that this is literally a toddler thread with many fans expressing their want for toddlers, for a guru to completely ignore all those comments and just say something like "please explain to us what you want" makes no sense.

Obviously they already know we want toddlers, it was just a shoutout requesting to go into more detail about what we want to come in regards to them in specific, you know, instead of moaning and calling devs lazy. The former being constructive, the latter, not so much.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

I believe Sims 2 and 3 had the same engine. Or similar. I know they reused assests like the pillow fight animations.

Sims 4 is a new engine so not everything is going to work the same. That's not really an excuse in the end though.

Well, either way, Sims 2 was a new engine at the time as well. They managed to find a way to make toddlers work. Then again, we're talking about the same people who also claimed that creating a live bear for the 'Outdoor Retreat' pack would be "too hard".

Oh the bear fiasco. It makes me angry every time i remember.
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

Multitasking. Issues with multitasking is why babies were tied to cribs too. A guru explained how they were having issues with the sims pulling them in and out of thin air like they do with objects when cooking, cleaning, etc. But due to time constraints they had to move on and work on other things.

Do you know what I find sad and pathetic? You continually insulting the devs and gurus because you believe they just sit at their desks all day and twiddling their thumbs. They have time constraints, if they can't do something in a certain amount of time, they have to work on something else. They aren't free to do anything they want. It's a job, not a hobby.

Since its MY thread. I would appreciate it if you can save all your rude comments towards other simmers in MY thread to yourself.

I think it's more pathetic to treat developers like your friends instead of the people who work for a mediocre comapany.
    Lustianicia called the devs the same so I responded the same. The devs are people who have lives and feeling, no one should be insulted like that for something they couldn't control.

I don't know about you, but when I have a problem with the company and you complain and complain and nothing gets done you take it on the people representing the company.This team is not nearly as good as previous ones. TS4 gets more complains than the previous games. I'm sure they have lives, but i'm buying their products and its not good they are doing a bad job in every sigle aspect and as a customer im unhappy. The game has potential but that doesn't matter if the team is lazy and only cares about gaining money

Hello everyone! Yep, good ol' SimGuruDrake here to make a quick comment:

It is fine to have issues with how you feel the game is being handled and I'm not going to say that your complaints with the game are invalid because I feel everyone has different wants / needs / desires when it comes to The Sims and what will make it enjoyable for them.

What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present. What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game. From the looks of it it isn't just about this one particular aspect that you are having issues with, there seems to be more that you find important for your style of play that you just don't feel you have right now and it would help me understand you a bit better to know what you feel is missing.

I also want to note for everyone that (and I've said it repeatedly) the team does read the forums but what would really help them is instead of just yelling and being angry you channel that into constructive criticism. Saying "I don't like [INSERT THING]" without any explanation doesn't do the team (or me who helps to present your feedback) any good when we can't truly understand WHY you're upset. That is why saying "I don't like [INSERT THING] because XYZ" helps or "I'd love it if [INSERT THING] was in the game because XYZ."

I am a huge fan of constructive criticism but what I am not a fan of are personal attacks toward fellow community members or employees.

Are you kidding? That's literally what fans have been doing since the game was announced. We've been asking for missing features (especially toddlers) since day one... toddlers are a topic that has literally been talked about over and over and over and over and over and over (x100). We're sick of "explaining" what we want because it apparently doesn't matter. We never get answers. Even though toddlers have been asked for, begged for, demanded for, etc time and time again, the discussion has been continuously ignored by EA, Maxis, and the Gurus.

I have no idea what else we need to say or do for you to understand that toddlers are wanted. Honestly, your claim that you "don't understand" the issue is ridiculous. There's no way (especially by now) that you can't possibly know that toddlers are a commonly demanded feature for this game.

In fairness though fans' patience is paying off. Since the game was released we have had missing features patched in to the game like the gardener and the repairman :) And regarding toddlers, a lot of work has to go in to them and in my opinion they cannot be just "patched" in to the game. It will take a full expansion pack to bring toddlers back in to the game, and I'm sure if @SimGuruDrake was allowed to talk about The Sims 4's future (which she isn't) then she would agree :)
    Toddlers can't be patched in. Think about it. Toddlers are a huge thing, they will be added to CAS, new features will be added for them and so will new objects and clothing. If EA patched them in they would be without cribs, high chairs, toys, prams, etc. It would be a massive mess and then the community would be even angrier at EA. So where would the sense be in patching them in to the game?

I think they know toddlers are wanted badly for The Sims 4 :) and I'm sure EA have plans to add them in to the game, but it isn't EA's way to talk about future packs as we know hence there being no rumours/news until the release of a pack is right around the corner :)

I am almost 95% certain that we'll get toddlers soon enough, but am positive that EA will not mention them until an expansion is announced with toddlers in it :) Also let's take it easy on SimGuruDrake, she's working for EA/Maxis and doesn't make the decisions on when she can give us news about the packs :) I'm sure that when she can she will :)

Sending you all hugs <3 and :cookie:

Matthew.
  • Options
    Sennie wrote: »

I believe Sims 2 and 3 had the same engine. Or similar. I know they reused assests like the pillow fight animations.

Sims 4 is a new engine so not everything is going to work the same. That's not really an excuse in the end though.

Well, either way, Sims 2 was a new engine at the time as well. They managed to find a way to make toddlers work. Then again, we're talking about the same people who also claimed that creating a live bear for the 'Outdoor Retreat' pack would be "too hard".

Multitasking. Issues with multitasking is why babies were tied to cribs too. A guru explained how they were having issues with the sims pulling them in and out of thin air like they do with objects when cooking, cleaning, etc. But due to time constraints they had to move on and work on other things.

Do you know what I find sad and pathetic? You continually insulting the devs and gurus because you believe they just sit at their desks all day and twiddling their thumbs. They have time constraints, if they can't do something in a certain amount of time, they have to work on something else. They aren't free to do anything they want. It's a job, not a hobby.

Since its MY thread. I would appreciate it if you can save all your rude comments towards other simmers in MY thread to yourself.

I think it's more pathetic to treat developers like your friends instead of the people who work for a mediocre comapany.
    Lustianicia called the devs the same so I responded the same. The devs are people who have lives and feeling, no one should be insulted like that for something they couldn't control.

I don't know about you, but when I have a problem with the company and you complain and complain and nothing gets done you take it on the people representing the company.This team is not nearly as good as previous ones. TS4 gets more complains than the previous games. I'm sure they have lives, but i'm buying their products and its not good they are doing a bad job in every sigle aspect and as a customer im unhappy. The game has potential but that doesn't matter if the team is lazy and only cares about gaining money

It is fine to have issues with how you feel the game is being handled and I'm not going to say that your complaints with the game are invalid because I feel everyone has different wants / needs / desires when it comes to The Sims and what will make it enjoyable for them.

What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present. What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game. From the looks of it it isn't just about this one particular aspect that you are having issues with, there seems to be more that you find important for your style of play that you just don't feel you have right now and it would help me understand you a bit better to know what you feel is missing.

I also want to note for everyone that (and I've said it repeatedly) the team does read the forums but what would really help them is instead of just yelling and being angry you channel that into constructive criticism. Saying "I don't like [INSERT THING]" without any explanation doesn't do the team (or me who helps to present your feedback) any good when we can't truly understand WHY you're upset. That is why saying "I don't like [INSERT THING] because XYZ" helps or "I'd love it if [INSERT THING] was in the game because XYZ."

I am a huge fan of constructive criticism but what I am not a fan of are personal attacks toward fellow community members or employees.

Are you kidding? That's literally what fans have been doing since the game was announced. We've been asking for missing features (especially toddlers) since day one... toddlers are a topic that has literally been talked about over and over and over and over and over and over (x100). We're sick of "explaining" what we want because it apparently doesn't matter. We never get answers. Even though toddlers have been asked for, begged for, demanded for, etc time and time again, the discussion has been continuously ignored by EA, Maxis, and the Gurus.

I have no idea what else we need to say or do for you to understand that toddlers are wanted. Honestly, your claim that you "don't understand" the issue is ridiculous. There's no way (especially by now) that you can't possibly know that toddlers are a commonly demanded feature for this game.

In fairness though fans' patience is paying off. Since the game was released we have had missing features patched in to the game like the gardener and the repairman :) And regarding toddlers, a lot of work has to go in to them and in my opinion they cannot be just "patched" in to the game. It will take a full expansion pack to bring toddlers back in to the game, and I'm sure if @SimGuruDrake was allowed to talk about The Sims 4's future (which she isn't) then she would agree :)
    Toddlers can't be patched in. Think about it. Toddlers are a huge thing, they will be added to CAS, new features will be added for them and so will new objects and clothing. If EA patched them in they would be without cribs, high chairs, toys, prams, etc. It would be a massive mess and then the community would be even angrier at EA. So where would the sense be in patching them in to the game?

I think they know toddlers are wanted badly for The Sims 4 :) and I'm sure EA have plans to add them in to the game, but it isn't EA's way to talk about future packs as we know hence there being no rumours/news until the release of a pack is right around the corner :)

I am almost 95% certain that we'll get toddlers soon enough, but am positive that EA will not mention them until an expansion is announced with toddlers in it :) Also let's take it easy on SimGuruDrake, she's working for EA/Maxis and doesn't make the decisions on when she can give us news about the packs :) I'm sure that when she can she will :)

Matthew.

If Toddlers aren't patched in, they won't be in the base game. They'll be tied to an expansion pack. And if they're tied to an expansion pack there is no reason for them to add future stuff for them, because not everyone will have that expansion pack. Why don't people understand that?

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This is something Drake commented in the thread about SimGuru Romeo...

"Again, for this particular blog series I wanted to focus on who the SimGurus are as individuals, and this is something that some fans do want to learn about. It may not be a blog series meant for everyone, nothing can ever really be for everyone, but it would be terrible of me as the Community Manager to only focus on one portion of the community and not look at the entire community (which is filled with individuals from many facets of life, with different interests, tastes, and play styles who are not only in the forums, but they run their own fansites, have youtube channels, are on social media, etc.)

The things you are wanting to learn wouldn't be in an interview blog series like this one. Does it mean those future related questions will never get answered? No. It just means that we don't have anything to say at the moment. As for the questions regarding the difference in packs, I can try to find the best person to help explain the pack difference to you in a much better way than I can.

In regards to your comment about your game play: are you referring to family play? What is missing for you (outside of Toddlers)? I'm aware that there are different threads on the different ways in which each person defines family play but I'd love to know what it is for you."

So yes, they know we want toddlers.
  • Options

Matthew.

Sims 3 didn't have gardeners and it honestly wasn't a big deal. Repairmen are pretty useless now that we can simply 'replace' an object when it breaks.

Also, toddlers either need to be patched in or not added at all. The fact that players (like yourself) would honestly be willing to pay for a base game feature is exactly why EA thinks they can keep getting away with their greediness. I (along with many others) refuse to pay for an expansion pack to have toddlers in the game.

Where in your mind does it even make sense to add them in an expansion pack but not a patch? That literally makes no sense at all. If toddlers are only added in an expansion pack, they won't be getting any future content after that (for example, they won't be getting outerwear if we get a 'Seasons' expansion pack).

Toddlers need to be patched in for free with basic content (cribs, high chairs, potty chairs, toys, etc). This is what should've been in the base game to begin with. Don't attempt to make excuses for them or tell them that it's actually "okay" to make us pay for base game content.

One thing you're right about, however, is the fact that the gurus would probably agree with you that toddlers should be paid for. But, the truth is that they SHOULDN'T be a part of any kind of DLC. Like I said, they either need to be patched in or not added at all.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

Matthew.

If Toddlers aren't patched in, they won't be in the base game. They'll be tied to an expansion pack. And if they're tied to an expansion pack there is no reason for them to add future stuff for them, because not everyone will have that expansion pack. Why don't people understand that?

The same people who suggest that something like toddlers should simply be created for an expansion pack are the same ones who probably don't even know how expansion packs actually work. Not only that, but they think toddlers are simply something that's primarily tied to family play and once we have that in some kind of 'Generations' pack, they think everything is all okay when it comes to toddlers.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Matthew.

Sims 3 didn't have gardeners and it honestly wasn't a big deal. Repairmen are pretty useless now that we can simply 'replace' an object when it breaks.

Also, toddlers either need to be patched in or not added at all. The fact that players (like yourself) would honestly be willing to pay for a base game feature is exactly why EA thinks they can keep getting away with their greediness. I (along with many others) refuse to pay for an expansion pack to have toddlers in the game.

Where in your mind does it even make sense to add them in an expansion pack but not a patch? That literally makes no sense at all. If toddlers are only added in an expansion pack, they won't be getting any future content after that (for example, they won't be getting outerwear if we get a 'Seasons' expansion pack).

Toddlers need to be patched in for free with basic content (cribs, high chairs, potty chairs, toys, etc). This is what should've been in the base game to begin with. Don't attempt to make excuses for them or tell them that it's actually "okay" to make us pay for base game content.

One thing you're right about, however, is the fact that the gurus would probably agree with you that toddlers should be paid for. But, the truth is that they SHOULDN'T be a part of any kind of DLC. Like I said, they either need to be patched in or not added at all.

Someone (MelissaStarbees) suggested on the forums to have the toddlers come in a free pack similar to the holiday pack. That way we get toddlers patched in, and basic necessities for them (crib, playpen, highchair, stroller, etc) which can be added to later in other packs.

Edited to add: And CC creators can start making some new stuff using the basic items, for those who use CC like myself.

• Options

Matthew.

Someone (whose name I can't remember) suggested on the forums to have the toddlers come in a free pack similar to the holiday pack. That way we get toddlers patched in, and basic necessities for them (crib, playpen, highchair, stroller, etc) which can be added to later in other packs.

If that's the case, then fine. A 'free' pack is basically the same thing as a patch. That's the only kind of pack I actually find acceptable to include base game content in. But, if they decide to include toddlers in an actual expansion, game, or stuff pack (which means something we actually need to pay for), I'll be done with The Sims 4. I refuse to pay any kind of money for a feature that should've been included from the beginning.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

Matthew.

thank you Mattew! that's what i been saying. expansion pack or them do a free pack like they did with the holiday stuff was so that people can put them into the game if they want toddler or if they don't then they don't get the free pack. it's logical thinking to be honest if they're in a free pack or an expansion pack. i think they will be in the game at the end. if toddlers were mention before the game release and they were taken out. it would be for a good reason that they did that. probably to get them just right for the people that have been wanting toddlers since their release. Honestly people do you want toddlers to be buggy as plum or have the prefect bundle of bouncy joy? i rather have the prefect bundle of bouncy joy and have the people working on them take their time. yes im 50% family simmer but i rather have the stages non buggy, unlike how the babies where at the start which has been fix and ea has been repairing the bugs slowly with each patch they did and returning the missing pieces in each patch or give little something to us as well.
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu