Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hey Writers' Lounge, doesn't seem like I have much time to stop by here in between my reading much these days. :-P I just got back from seeing Labyrinth in the theater for the first time! Confession: As a Sara, and a child of the 80s, that was sort of "the movie of choice" my parents showed me when I was a kid (seeing as the protagonist is a Sarah), and I've seen it so many times over the years I could probably recite it line by line (hey, we all have one of those, right?) But this is the first time I've ever been able to see it on a big theater screen, so that was really exciting for me! Aaaaaaaaah, so many feels. Keep that dance magic alive on the other side, Mr. Bowie.

Also... so excited for my vacation! I'm going to southern California and meeting up with my BFF (a native of San Jose who is driving down to meet me at LAX) for a Doctor Who convention, Gallifrey One! We are hoping to also sneak off on Valentine's Day to go to Disneyland to ride the special Star Wars limited edition ride, cause what else would two asexu*l life-friends do on a holiday manufactured for romantic/sexu*l people? More geeky things, obviously. (From one sci-fi fandom to another... oooooooh, I reek of geek). ^_^;; I leave next Thursday! *squee!* And only have two work days next week... (I bet they'll be the longest... work days... EVER.)

Also, it occured to me I have this website I'm supposed to posting stories to but pretty much never do cause I'm too busy with all my other projects (oops). So uh... Happy Caturday! (Let's see how long I can keep Caturday a thing)

cat_ban_l.jpg

A new chapter of The Cat Chronicles has been posted!

Shadow has trepidations about the new human in the household...

The Cat Chronicles Day 33: The Other Two-Legger

Sounds like you've been super busy, but have fun on your trip!!!!!!!!! Oooooh, I'll have to go check that out!!!

@friendsfan367

*cries* so much more to do...THE GRAVES AREN'T EVEN IN PLACE YET. SAVE MEH!

i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/kl6gg12/02-06-16_10-31-50nbspPM_zpsngusqrqt.png

That lit-up area? The white flowers. All individually placed. See why am I going cross-eyed? Got that done!!!!!

i have a idea. lets get joel to make it for you.lol i have no idea why i thoght of him when i saw it.
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Hey Writers' Lounge, doesn't seem like I have much time to stop by here in between my reading much these days. :-P I just got back from seeing Labyrinth in the theater for the first time! Confession: As a Sara, and a child of the 80s, that was sort of "the movie of choice" my parents showed me when I was a kid (seeing as the protagonist is a Sarah), and I've seen it so many times over the years I could probably recite it line by line (hey, we all have one of those, right?) But this is the first time I've ever been able to see it on a big theater screen, so that was really exciting for me! Aaaaaaaaah, so many feels. Keep that dance magic alive on the other side, Mr. Bowie.

Also... so excited for my vacation! I'm going to southern California and meeting up with my BFF (a native of San Jose who is driving down to meet me at LAX) for a Doctor Who convention, Gallifrey One! We are hoping to also sneak off on Valentine's Day to go to Disneyland to ride the special Star Wars limited edition ride, cause what else would two asexu*l life-friends do on a holiday manufactured for romantic/sexu*l people? More geeky things, obviously. (From one sci-fi fandom to another... oooooooh, I reek of geek). ^_^;; I leave next Thursday! *squee!* And only have two work days next week... (I bet they'll be the longest... work days... EVER.)

Also, it occured to me I have this website I'm supposed to posting stories to but pretty much never do cause I'm too busy with all my other projects (oops). So uh... Happy Caturday! (Let's see how long I can keep Caturday a thing)

cat_ban_l.jpg

Sounds like you've been super busy, but have fun on your trip!!!!!!!!! Oooooh, I'll have to go check that out!!!

@friendsfan367

i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/kl6gg12/02-06-16_10-31-50nbspPM_zpsngusqrqt.png

That lit-up area? The white flowers. All individually placed. See why am I going cross-eyed? Got that done!!!!!

i have a idea. lets get joel to make it for you.lol i have no idea why i thoght of him when i saw it.

...yeah. Sigh. But no. Already got the Astral Clocktower built. The Hunter's Dream is halfway complete, I'll finish it tomorrow. It's my FAVORITE ps4 game...I have to do this. I will kill myself at the end of it, but it will be done! And I will save them both and never do any of this again. Because daaaayuuuuum. See now? lol
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

cat_ban_l.jpg

@friendsfan367

...yeah. Sigh. But no. Already got the Astral Clocktower built. The Hunter's Dream is halfway complete, I'll finish it tomorrow. It's my FAVORITE ps4 game...I have to do this. I will kill myself at the end of it, but it will be done! And I will save them both and never do any of this again. Because daaaayuuuuum. See now? lol

why does everyone threaten to die in my thread?
  • Options

cat_ban_l.jpg

@friendsfan367

why does everyone threaten to die in my thread?

Because I am melodramatic and have been watching the librarians!
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I'm probably insane, but I've broken and started an ISBI :D

In a different, more random note, how do I unlock the grilled cheese aspiration? My sim ate three grilled cheeses, but I don't see the aspiration.
  • Options
    JoieWilder wrote: »

In a different, more random note, how do I unlock the grilled cheese aspiration? My sim ate three grilled cheeses, but I don't see the aspiration.

there's a grilled cheese asp?! O.O
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member

Yes! It came with the new patch. There's also a tragic clown painting and a new klepto trait.
  • Options

Yes! It came with the new patch. There's also a tragic clown painting and a new klepto trait.

Kelpto trait? Anything good with it, or the usual?
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy timezones everyone :) Chinese New Year celebrations are in full swing in my country as I keep hearing drums and cymbals everywhere, and I was able to watch a few dragon and lion dances at the mall today.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited February 2016

Kelpto trait? Anything good with it, or the usual?

They can steal things from other sims/households :D@DreamsInPixels is going to do a story/challenge about the trait.

In my mind it can lead to some interesting characters/story arcs. I want to create a guy with the Kleptomaniac and Hates Children traits, so that he can sneak around the neighbourhood stealing all the children's toys! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @KitDragonFlight I've been playing with the Klepto trait this weekend. It's tied to mischief so the higher the mischief the better stuff you can swipe. There's a time cool down on it so you can't just go crazy and steal everything in sight. But I sucessfully stole the Pancakes' birdbath, and Mitchel Kalini's TV, and one of the Goth's sofas!

My girl is planning a big heist at the museum for the Knight there since that is a ton of money on resell. However, I've never played with a klepto before, so I can't say how it compares to previous ones.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3rei wrote: »
    KitDragonFlight I've been playing with the Klepto trait this weekend. It's tied to mischief so the higher the mischief the better stuff you can swipe. There's a time cool down on it so you can't just go crazy and steal everything in sight. But I sucessfully stole the Pancakes' birdbath, and Mitchel Kalini's TV, and one of the Goth's sofas!

My girl is planning a big heist at the museum for the Knight there since that is a ton of money on resell. However, I've never played with a klepto before, so I can't say how it compares to previous ones.

OMG this is awesome! Does she have some magical rucksack that can store infinite goodies inside it? :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I have no idea how she took the couch and no one noticed...It must have gone into a magical sack that she tucked into her pocket. Otherwise Cassandra would have seen her lugging the couch outside and then down the sidewalk back to her abandoned lot. LOLOL

In a related but unrelated note. I opened a secondary twitter (@raereigames). I'll still be using my main twitter for story updates and stuff as well, but because I also post irl stuff there it seemed wrong to tweet from the game. But with my tumblr experiment pretty much over (I just can't remember to post there) - I thought I'd try the new tweet-screenshots-powers.

There's a couple tweets from my little klepto there. Probably she'll never be a story - but it's been a fun weekend. I may put story spoiler images and such as well there as I play. I haven't quite figured out exactly how I want to fully utilize it yet.

And on that note, it's past my bedtime. Happy timezones, all!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2016
    One building down (and super, super happy with it too!) one more to go! Then gameplay, pics, and MAYBE I will have the song short up tonight!!!! This one...this one I will absolutely love, and I have a feeling this is gonna be my baby. Because thanks to @Rinellie, some of my favorite FromSoft characters have been simmified, and they will have a happy life in my game!

@KitDragonFlight I hope they serve you well =) By the way, the picture of the lot you shared looks great! That must have taken so much time, whoa. I'm impressed.
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob I saw you looking for YA sims on your story thread (I am so many generations behind that I don't want to invade the discussion there hehe) but YA-Alex and YA-Lucas are both on the gallery if you are in need of guys :lol: (and if you don't feel weird having sims from other stories in your game). My simself is in the household with YA Lucas so you'd just need to have the cc filter off to find him.

Just thought I'd offer! :blush:

@CitizenErased14 Aww thanks! I won't lie it's very tempting to have such handsome sims in my game *drools* ... But I would struggle to picture either Lucas or Alex in any other reality than the one you created for them. I might download them for another save and just stare at them though :D

There's an abundance of them under #BoredomCuties and #BoredomCutie in the gallery if you want to check them out. Some are hidden behind the CC tag, but most are cc free.

As handsome as Lucas and Alex though? ;) *skeptical*

:lol: I kid, I kid! :tongue: Mari has enjoyed your handsome boredom cuties *cough*

And I know that they enjoyed Mari! ;) *cough*

Lololololololol Poor Mari *sigh*

*sits quietly in the background choking on her popcorn silently crying from laughter*

Haha that escalated :D Love your boredome cuties @Munterbacon , especially the Slaters are awesome looking!
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob I saw you looking for YA sims on your story thread (I am so many generations behind that I don't want to invade the discussion there hehe) but YA-Alex and YA-Lucas are both on the gallery if you are in need of guys :lol: (and if you don't feel weird having sims from other stories in your game). My simself is in the household with YA Lucas so you'd just need to have the cc filter off to find him.

@CitizenErased14 Aww thanks! I won't lie it's very tempting to have such handsome sims in my game *drools* ... But I would struggle to picture either Lucas or Alex in any other reality than the one you created for them. I might download them for another save and just stare at them though :D

There's an abundance of them under #BoredomCuties and #BoredomCutie in the gallery if you want to check them out. Some are hidden behind the CC tag, but most are cc free.

:lol: I kid, I kid! :tongue: Mari has enjoyed your handsome boredom cuties *cough*

*sits quietly in the background choking on her popcorn silently crying from laughter*

Haha that escalated :D Love your boredome cuties @Munterbacon , especially the Slaters are awesome looking!

Thanks! :blush: The Slater's are probably my favourites. :)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone!
    @KitDragonFlight @CitizenErased14 @Munterbacon I just read that discussion and you're not the only one choking on her food with laughter!
    How do you find the grilled cheese aspiration? My sims have only been eating grilled cheese and I can't find it. :) Maybe I'm just unobservant this morning, but thank you anyway.
    @ra3rei Your klepto's pocket must have TARDIS technology! :D
    Anyway, gosh, this moved fast. Exactly 200 more comments since I left the writers lounge. That is a lot more than average, like, 100-150 more comments?
    Anyway, never mind, just popping in to say hi! (And ask a question and talk to a few people!)
    =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Well hello there my lovelies... :tongue:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

You have to eat 3 grilled cheeses in a row for it to unlock. Then you'll get a little popup that says you've unlocked it and if you'd like to switch to it.

@KitDragonFlight I used the trait alllll the time in ts3 because of this challenge I made (which I adapted to ts4) and it's definitely different. But a better different.
    There's a limitation on what you can steal. Your sims can't steal anything another sim needs to live. Hopefully someone makes a mod to remove it.
    Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a limit on how much you can steal aside from the cooldown moodlets. And you can actually choose what to steal, unlike ts3. So it's pretty detailed and cool. I'll be able to record my lp of the challenge sometime today.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    BobbiBlue23BobbiBlue23 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2016
    New chapters released in the Ambrose legacy. Link is below. :)
    Visit the Ambrose Legacy blog here: https://theambroselegacyblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2016

@ThePlumbob @Munterbacon Heh. How funny you guys should mention the Slaters... You guys may be intrigued by the first boredom cutie who makes and appearance... ;) (tomorrow, actually :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Just had another short story idea in my sleep. Now I have to choose which one. Eek
  • Options

@ThePlumbob @Munterbacon Heh. How funny you guys should mention the Slaters... You guys may be intrigued by the first boredom cutie who makes and appearance... ;) (tomorrow, actually :lol:)

Nice!!! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! I just added a new chapter to Undead With Benefits. All this free time has given me a lot of muse.
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Well hello there my lovelies... :tongue:

*ninjapig jumps you* *excited oinks*

So good to see you here, Lizzie! How have you been? :)<3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top