Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Question: What do I do when I start to become uninspired by a story? I was thinking of doing a time jump, but I'm not sure how I could get it to work.

i listen to music. theres a post where one of the other triplets cheated with Frankies wife. which was inspired by a Rembrandts song. johnny have you seen here? which is the guy telling the other im not dum i know you were with my girl.
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Question: What do I do when I start to become uninspired by a story? I was thinking of doing a time jump, but I'm not sure how I could get it to work.

Time jumps can work for sure. Sometimes, I also will take a break from that story and turn to another.

Also--and this is sort of a goofy twist, but one I really love--I just let myself explore "boring." Like I let the lives of the Sims express the lack of inspiration I feel... but since they're all wearing chicken hats, pretty soon, they start getting inspired and doing interesting things, and so then I find the story interesting again!

But for those who don't wear chicken hats... I just turn to a different story for a while.

I might turn to a different story while I play the time jump :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Aaaaaaaaand..... Goodnight!!!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26358-1381845043-13.gif

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member

@SummerFalls I literally skipped one whole generation in my legacy because I was finding it dull. Time jumps for the win!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2016
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@SummerFalls I literally skipped one whole generation in my legacy because I was finding it dull. Time jumps for the win!

i can't do that i just realized the alphabet won't allow it. buti have skipped over writing the baby part. i was talking with jes earlier this week because i couldn't finda new way to say something i said over and over already.
  • Options
    Darra84Darra84 Posts: 144 Member
    @BBQPenguinWings Happy birthday!!!
    @Munterbacon I really like your nieighbourhood tour :) It looks great!
    @eXokamikaze I began to read your story "Project L.E.G.A.C.Y" I really like the story, it's so interesting :) Wanted to write a comment too but there was some error and didn't let me, so I'm writing here :)
    My blog: https://simsstoriesmyblog.wordpress.com/
    My YouTube channel: Daalia
    My twitter: Daalia_Simmer
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    YES I've been waiting for Page 3005 just because I had a song to post for it (warning for some vulgarity, but):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG35R8F2j8k
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Yeah! I think I'll time jump to the beginning of the next year :smiley:
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Happy timezones everyone! How are all of you?
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    @eXokamikaze I LOVE Ninjapig's work diary! What an awesome idea! :)

Thanks for reading and for all your encouragement, CT! To think that when I first posted in the Lounge, having such a job was still just a dream of mine. :) I'm really thankful to be able to post this part up! :)

You know, I was thinking about that when I read the post--how lucky we all were to get to be part of your journey! And your attitude towards your bar exams was so inspiring to me! I love your healthy and optimistic approach! It's something I think about now and then when I need to draw a little strength for perseverance! :)

And it's so neat the way it's worked out!

Also, like I mentioned in my comment, it's so great that you're taking time now to notice all the little things, like colleagues smiling at you in the hall, and all the little steps towards making friends, and then all the little details of learning new things! As I read that, I reflected on my first four years at the place where I work now--I was so busy then, and so much in the thick of it, that I just sort of moved through that whole process just focusing on doing what had to be done! And now that I look back, I can feel an appreciation of those early stages of meeting people, learning the processes and procedures and techniques, and developing new skills! It really helps me see how beneficial jobs can be in developing greater capacities within ourselves! So... those are thoughts I have from reading your post! :)

I don't get emotional often, but I got a little teary-eyed reading that. Thank you for your heartfelt words! <3

No matter how stressful the job gets, I'm always really happy and joyful that I get to experience this in the first place. I still feel like I don't know much, but I realise that I have picked up some useful skills that I've never had the opportunity to do before - travelling further than I have ever done before by car, having the courage to speak to people that I don't know over the phone in a professional manner, very careful multi-tasking, and learning how to keep my composure no matter what happens - it's not all legal stuff, and it may not amount to much especially compared to more accomplished/experienced people, but they just feel like really big milestones to me. :)

Again, thanks for reading, and thanks for sharing your insights about what I've written - it was so very lovely to hear. <3
  • Options
    Darra84 wrote: »
    @eXokamikaze I began to read your story "Project L.E.G.A.C.Y" I really like the story, it's so interesting :) Wanted to write a comment too but there was some error and didn't let me, so I'm writing here :)

Hello Darra! I noticed your like on my post; thank you so much for reading! I hope that you enjoy the rest of the story and that WordPress will fix itself soon. I love reading comments from others. :) *ninjapig hugs*
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,764 Member
    Why is it that some people are having issues with Zerbu's mods and others aren't?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone!!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    eeeps, I did another shell build :D I'm addicted to building xD I still feel like my first speed build (the modern bachelor loft) was the best but I also like this one :)

GCl8ceG.png?1

I love that one!
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 That house exterior is gorgeous! You've come such a long way with your builds! <3
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    eeeps, I did another shell build :D I'm addicted to building xD I still feel like my first speed build (the modern bachelor loft) was the best but I also like this one :)

GCl8ceG.png?1

Ooooh, Julyvee, I love that one!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Thanks so much guys! The speed build is now available and the download is on the Gallery under my username Julyvee94. It's called "Honeydrop Residence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzg35gC7Dmc

@BBQPenguinWings thanks :) iiiiif you ever furnish it let me know ^^ (of course it's okay if you don't)

@eXokamikaze thanks! *blush* I feel so too. I think I got intimidated by doing the whole thing but only doing shells is really helping me along. And I get inspired by looking at tons of architecture pics online xD

@JoieWilder same as for miss penguin ^^ you're free to furnish :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @eXokamikaze I LOVE Ninjapig's work diary! What an awesome idea! :)

Thanks for reading and for all your encouragement, CT! To think that when I first posted in the Lounge, having such a job was still just a dream of mine. :) I'm really thankful to be able to post this part up! :)

You know, I was thinking about that when I read the post--how lucky we all were to get to be part of your journey! And your attitude towards your bar exams was so inspiring to me! I love your healthy and optimistic approach! It's something I think about now and then when I need to draw a little strength for perseverance! :)

And it's so neat the way it's worked out!

Also, like I mentioned in my comment, it's so great that you're taking time now to notice all the little things, like colleagues smiling at you in the hall, and all the little steps towards making friends, and then all the little details of learning new things! As I read that, I reflected on my first four years at the place where I work now--I was so busy then, and so much in the thick of it, that I just sort of moved through that whole process just focusing on doing what had to be done! And now that I look back, I can feel an appreciation of those early stages of meeting people, learning the processes and procedures and techniques, and developing new skills! It really helps me see how beneficial jobs can be in developing greater capacities within ourselves! So... those are thoughts I have from reading your post! :)

I don't get emotional often, but I got a little teary-eyed reading that. Thank you for your heartfelt words! <3

No matter how stressful the job gets, I'm always really happy and joyful that I get to experience this in the first place. I still feel like I don't know much, but I realise that I have picked up some useful skills that I've never had the opportunity to do before - travelling further than I have ever done before by car, having the courage to speak to people that I don't know over the phone in a professional manner, very careful multi-tasking, and learning how to keep my composure no matter what happens - it's not all legal stuff, and it may not amount to much especially compared to more accomplished/experienced people, but they just feel like really big milestones to me. :)

Again, thanks for reading, and thanks for sharing your insights about what I've written - it was so very lovely to hear. <3

Those are HUGE milestones!

Work offers us the chance to learn so much @MadameLee (Just tagging you since you're starting work experience): there's the work skills--and those can be awesome! Think of all the work skills and knowledge you're picking up, @eXokamikaze --and then, as you mention, there are interpersonal, person, and other skills!

Also, work provides a great place to practice mindfulness! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys! The speed build is now available and the download is on the Gallery under my username Julyvee94. It's called "Honeydrop Residence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzg35gC7Dmc

@BBQPenguinWings thanks :) iiiiif you ever furnish it let me know ^^ (of course it's okay if you don't)

@eXokamikaze thanks! *blush* I feel so too. I think I got intimidated by doing the whole thing but only doing shells is really helping me along. And I get inspired by looking at tons of architecture pics online xD

@JoieWilder same as for miss penguin ^^ you're free to furnish :)

That house is perfect for someone! Thanks! :smiley:
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @ThePlumbob I saw you looking for YA sims on your story thread (I am so many generations behind that I don't want to invade the discussion there hehe) but YA-Alex and YA-Lucas are both on the gallery if you are in need of guys :lol: (and if you don't feel weird having sims from other stories in your game). My simself is in the household with YA Lucas so you'd just need to have the cc filter off to find him.

Just thought I'd offer! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @ThePlumbob I saw you looking for YA sims on your story thread (I am so many generations behind that I don't want to invade the discussion there hehe) but YA-Alex and YA-Lucas are both on the gallery if you are in need of guys :lol: (and if you don't feel weird having sims from other stories in your game). My simself is in the household with YA Lucas so you'd just need to have the cc filter off to find him.

Just thought I'd offer! :blush:

@CitizenErased14 Aww thanks! I won't lie it's very tempting to have such handsome sims in my game *drools* ... But I would struggle to picture either Lucas or Alex in any other reality than the one you created for them. I might download them for another save and just stare at them though :D
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Hi! Well I am new here. I'll be doing some writing but not as much as I used to. I lost most of my files so I don't think I'll be trying to continue any of my Sims 3 stories since I can't duplicate all my settings and sims again without pulling out my hair instead of playing. I do hate leaving things unfinished but may want to salvage a few characters so might restart a legacy with them as well as a couple of Sims 4 legacies.
  • Options
    Welcome @JLBDreamer! Feel free to pick up a tea/coffee/other drink on your way in and a cupcake in your favourite flavour!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top