Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2: Remastered

Comments

• Options
    valairia1valairia1 Posts: 100 Member
    I would want sims 2 remastered to maybe remove some of the bugs. I love the sims 2 and it still is the best selling computer game of all time.
    The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.
  • Options
    SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    @valairia1 yes it's awesome .
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    The Sims 2 is the best one of this franchise (imo) and I love the idea of a remake if the gameplay stays the same.The only things I want them to change are the customization and the graphics. For a game from 2004, TS2's graphics aged surprisingly well though a upgrade would be welcome.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS2's graphics are great. Except for the low-res lots. But the graphics on the lot you're playing are superior to TS3/4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    > @xBob18 said:
    > TS2's graphics are great. Except for the low-res lots. But the graphics on the lot you're playing are superior to TS3/4.

Those neighboring lots are horrendous, lol. I wouldn't say TS2's graphics are superior in term of technology but they are definitely more pleasing to the eyes, at least to me. I hate the 2D trees as well as the lighting in TS3, and everything in TS4 looks horrible when zoomed in because of low-res textures.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Yes please :)
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag................
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    I would buy that so hard.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'd love a 64 bit version of sims2 so I can finally play smoothly with however much cc I could dream of. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I'd love to see a remastered Sims 2. I'm afraid if they messed with the worlds and CASt, EA would manage to mess it up, though.

Those things are what I hope for with Sims 5. But then again, I was hoping for them with Sims 4.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    nope.

You wouldn't like a remade version of ts2?
    With this Maxis I would be very afraid they would mess it up!
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    No no no no, don't touch my beloved sims 2! It's perfect the way it is. :|
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »

B-b-but I want improved graphics. :( And TS3 CAS and CASt. I love the traits. That's l all I want.

I wish they made this! I still have saves from 2006 (?) Well its a family I've had for a long time. But I sorry, I need improved graphics now. If they could do this for Sims 2 that'd be the best.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

B-b-but I want improved graphics. :( And TS3 CAS and CASt. I love the traits. That's l all I want.

I wish they made this! I still have saves from 2006 (?) Well its a family I've had for a long time. But I sorry, I need improved graphics now. If they could do this for Sims 2 that'd be the best.
    Honestly I'd be thrilled for just a 64 bit version - the graphics aren't that bad really, especially with all the cc out there - but maybe you don't play with cc? Then I'd understand. :smile:
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2015
    TS2... smiley-love008.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 is the remastered of Sims 2 because its made by same company OBVIOUSLY

What?

Maxis is dead, it got shut down earlier this year.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Aine wrote: »

Honestly I'd be thrilled for just a 64 bit version - the graphics aren't that bad really, especially with all the cc out there - but maybe you don't play with cc? Then I'd understand. :smile:

@Aine I play with tons of CC. :D

My main thing is I want improved world and CAS. I wouldn't mind having the sunrises and sunsets and open world animations (pond trees, off the lot). For CAS: I just want the traits for my Sims 2 Sims.
    Post edited by Goodywood on
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Karen wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying TS2...but Im so used to TS3 that im used to those kind of graphics, so is it worth buying in 2015? I know its considered one of the best PC games of all time, but I want to know what you guys think :)

Okay I know you posted a long time ago but my two cents here is that my thinking was the same as yours as I had never played sims 2 but for a couple of times before and long story later after downloading Sims 2 UC I was hooked and believe me I own everything sims 3 and understand it better than any other sims game series however Sims 2 has animations and family play I cannot stop laughing at and being amazed by that I feel I have not really experienced before so now I am on a quest to modernize the neighborhoods and sims so I feel more up to date but I will defo be playing at least equal time now between 2&3 because both series do bring different things to the table :)
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Nah, I would much rather have a Sims 5 game, which included all of the best features of the Sims 2, the Sims 3 and the few good features that the Sims 4 has (there are some, but not many).
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Well, the graphics on TS4 are not ugly, but I like the semi-cartoonish semi-realistic graphics that TS2 has. I currently play TS2 and with CC, it can be an amazing game. Two things I would like are story progression and no time stop when going out of a lot. I wouldn't mind if they remastered it, however, I'm afraid EA might ruin it.

P.S. Comparing TS4 to TS2 is a little bit off. TS2 was a complete game with all core game features. TS4 lacks basic things such as toddlers, normal behaviours, distinct personalities, world customization.
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    You can't just "remaster" and add the sims 4 graphics, open world, etc. You do know that every single model in ts2 would have to be completely rebuilt from scratch? Ts4 graphics aren't just filters. They use a combo of object design and filters. Also, open world wouldn't be possible. The engine was buggy as it was and so.much relied on the way the neighborhood was set up. Open would wouldn't be possible at all without extreme coding and it wouldn't be worth it to ea. They already gave the game for free, they aren't going to remaster it.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    You can't just "remaster" and add the sims 4 graphics, open world, etc. You do know that every single model in ts2 would have to be completely rebuilt from scratch? Ts4 graphics aren't just filters. They use a combo of object design and filters. Also, open world wouldn't be possible. The engine was buggy as it was and so.much relied on the way the neighborhood was set up. Open would wouldn't be possible at all without extreme coding and it wouldn't be worth it to ea. They already gave the game for free, they aren't going to remaster it.

As I am aware. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    NO!! Update the graphics yes. For the love of all that is holy DO NOT LET THEM NEAR THE GAME CODE!!! Would just turn it into another buggy mess :/

B-b-but I want sunrises and sunets for TS2. :( Also the beautiful water. :'(

@JULES1111 <3
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    NO!! Update the graphics yes. For the love of all that is holy DO NOT LET THEM NEAR THE GAME CODE!!! Would just turn it into another buggy mess :/

B-b-but I want sunrises and sunets for TS2. :( Also the beautiful water. :'(

@JULES1111 <3

Well if you want to change the lighting during sunrise and sunsets you could try this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290746
    Or this http://modthesims.info/t/385495

As for the water there is a tutorial on how to change it to higher quality here: http://modthesims.info/t/479610 :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2016
    Not with the sims 4 graphics, those are just dreadful compared to the sims 2 on high. Wood looks like wood, cloth looks like cloth hair moves when your sim moves. So keep the sims 4 and all the people who worked on it away from anything that has to do with a new Sims 2. I do know that some of the people who worked on 2 also worked on 4, but something must have happened to them in the interim years. Maybe someone got sick, had a brain injury, or a stroke, some horrible thing must have happened to them, and they do have my sympathy. I commend EA for keeping sick or injured people on, but I do hope they keep them from working on anything to do with any sims games in the future.

Otherwise, I'd love a remastered ts2.

ETA;
    I didn't realize that I had commented last spring in this thread. I still stand by no story progression.

And let me add that I love the way time stops in ts2 when I leave the lot. I would hope if they do this, they would put some kind of option in the game to allow players to have the choice of how sims 2 worked with time. I also liked how I would see my sims from other lots out and about.

But really, this is probably all academic, bc I doubt they ever will make it. It would probably take too long, cost too much, and be exactly what the players want, not what the developers want, so they won't do it. ;)
    Post edited by windweaver on
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8