Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REALLY inappropriate!

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    jem707jem707 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2014
    jem707 wrote:
    Glamour **** that is a mirror! Honestly I Got This When I was 12 and me and my friends new a whole lot more than what this game is showing!

ok it took out the second part yet it is in the game oh ea you weird people..
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think its bad at all. Like many have said before me the game is rated Teen and I think the content is appropriate for the rating.

Honestly, I think there are much more racier, inappropriate CC on the web than there is in the stuff pack.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AllisonluvsyouAllisonluvsyou Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Rated T For Teen dude but i do agree the trailer was a bit too much this time and from an adults mind it does sound like a commercial for adult stuff and not really for minors. As for the gameplay it's just pajamas or lingerie and a few items. But as for the poster above me said it's up to parent's responsibility on what a kid plays unless they demonstrated maturity or they fit the teen catergory. Honestly i have found kids that are like 10 playing worse games like shooters for example (rated M game btw)

I agree. I just got this pack today. And kids play far worse games then this! I'm 13. And it does say on the box Rated T. And kids my age play far worse games. And I mean it's not like it's teaching kids to do wrong things....
  • Options
    TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2014
    I thought it was sexy ! Also Sims shouldn't be catered to the kids anyways cause those of us who been playing Sims since day 1, are grown now. (I'm 24)
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I like the clothes.And the Furniture that comes with this stuff pack.
    Online for free are more inappropriate stuff Sims 3 things, clothes,and even mods.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Well The Sims is more a Teen game than it is a Childs game. I mean, I know children do play it but the game is rated T for Teen :) It is up to parents to decide what to buy their children so I think most should be prepared on what to expect out of The Sims :) But also, The Sims isn't too "grown-up" which is why it's a Tenn/Childs game :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    @Sennie - I am Lovin the inside of the Doctors Tardis there ^
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    @Sennie - I am Lovin the inside of the Doctors Tardis there ^

@Pinkusfamily Thank you so very much :) I'm glad you like it!!
    I made it earlier this year and added a few extra Sims a few days ago :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Kids who are too young to care about that stuff won't play romantic content.

For kids who do care about that stuff, there are few more wholesome ways to play with the idea of romance and intimacy than in a single-player, T-rated simulated dollhouse. I am far, far more comfortable with kids playing games that include some romantic content than with violent content. Especially as The Sims allow same-sex romance, which some kids may not have other safe outlets to discuss, consider or explore.
  • Options
    Well How old is too young for Sims 3?

My kids are at the age where they think its awkward and or/ funny.....I got the Mod "DeSensor" ( for me ) and my Son just laughed at it.....The older daughter did not like it ( and she is 27)

My Younger Daughter liked the Corsets, the Original game comes with them....

I would figure its up to the Parents/ Guardian..

My husband bought Sims 3 because my older daughter brought up the idea, I then checked it out to make sure what they were playing was age appropriate, and I got hooked....There is so much other things that can be done in Sims 3 other than the " sexy " things.....

Basically our last stuff pack was Master suite. and my kids don't even play it any more...
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    It's no worse than your average tv commercial. We use sex to sell practically everything and there's no hiding kids from them unless you're planning on locking them in tower. It's a game rated T for teens. Teens should have a basic understanding of sex, so, I really don't see what the problem is. Parents are just squeamish about the idea of their teens know about it because they can't bear the thought of their children growing up.

Personally, I tired of everything having to do with protecting children from the big, bad world. I'm tired everything being about kids. I'm adult and don't see why the sims can't be aimed a bit more towards my demographic. Besides I don't think of teens as children, I think of them as pre-adults. I think that if we were to stop coddling them as adolescents they would be more prepared for the adult world when they graduate high school.
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think it's bad at all. The Sims has never been a children's game. I find it funny, with media, that violence is totally accepted but anything like this is considered inappropriate. Children's films have themes used to frighten, reference or show death and so on, but one mention of anything like this is seen as bad. I think that's a skewed societal thing. I personally wanted my daughter to be completely comfortable with all aspects of this issue and she has grown up totally well adjusted, not all rude or inappropriate and more importantly, not afraid to discuss any of this with me despite being 20 now. She never did anything until she was actually ready to do so as I made sure she completely understood it. She has grown up comfortable with this and upset by violence and I think that's a nice turn.

Basically, I don't think it's too much at all. It's Sims and so it's humorous and does touch on adult themes in an acceptable way. I agree with @AthenaOnyx this isn't something that should be kept from children anyway. It's totally natural and the best place for them to learn about it is a parent. Make things like this taboo and you get teenagers who make silly mistakes because they're not comfortable with the subject matter or simply that they see it as something adult and try to grow up too quickly and end up regretting something. If it concerns, you, consider it an opportunity to begin a discussion with your child.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2015
    I thought the trailer was hilarious, and so did my kids. Particularly because of the 70's sexy voiceover.

It's funny you know, I see people getting all up in arms or offended by things like some sexy underwear, but they find it perfectly okay for kids to be playing games like COD, or GTA where its the norm to go out a shoot up a group of people, and kill prostitutes, drive like maniacs and run people over on the road.
    I find that much more inappropriate than an amusing little trailer with some low cut bras and sexy knickers.

Edit - I agree with MiyuEmi. My sons have been brought up to be completely comfortable with people's bodies as a whole, and are easily able to approach me with questions about facts of life and such. It isn't an inappropriate thing, it's healthy and as said above, leads to well adjusted kids.
    Much more so than some guy in a game stabbing and robbing 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Who wants their children to grown up thinking THAT kind of behaviour is acceptable?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

i do agree with you on some points. i have to be careful when i play the game because i have a 2yr old and a 6yr old and she likes to watch me dress them up and i watch what i dress my sim in, but even her just seeing the outfits, i dont want her to even think about those kind of outfits. i mean i know she is only 6 and she doesnt realy understand why there are "sexy" outfits or even the fact of what is considered "sexy". But needless to say i dont know if she will be playing the sims anytime soon. sticking to her leapfrog 2 games are good for me!

I have 7 year old twin girls and a 2 year old son. One time my twins walked in the room when my sims were woohooing. They asked me what my sims were doing under the covers. I told them they were having a tickle fight lol.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    jack09 wrote: »
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

This game is rated T for teen. Ratings they exist for a reason.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I do agree its a bit too much, but How is this any different than all the other inappropriate commercials and tv show kids see everyday?