Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REALLY inappropriate!

i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

Comments

• Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited February 2012
    I personally like the Master Suite stuff but I do kinda agree with you. I think it is pushing the sexiness part of the game a little too far. I'm a mom and I know lots of kids do play Sims3.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for posting that link. It's just a TV commercial rip off...and pretty funny.

I have to say it's cute and no more inappropriate than the commercials that air many,many times a day on my local channels. At least they didn't rip off the "Bob" commercials. If you've ever seen one you'll know what I mean.

I'd also like to add that TS3 is rated T for teen.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'd also like to add that TS3 is rated T for teen.

Agreed, it's not a 'kids' game to begin with.

I am aware that plenty of kids play it, however I believe it is the parents responsibility for them to review the content of the game and then decide if it's appropriate enough for their child. Since everyone should have fair warning of what this game contains because of the rating, I personally feel no parent should be at all surprised or shocked of what this game may or may not contain.

That being said, I really do not think anything in this expansion is 'pushing the limit'. It's no worse than what you see in TV or movies, or the lingerie that was released with Late Night.
  • nikki0187701nikki0187701 Posts: 522 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I personally don't find much wrong with it. It makes me giggle when the voice over is talking about side effects as if it's a medicine commercial, the song playing in the background though, kinda made me feel like I was watching something I shouldn't be if you catch my drift. HAHA.

I WAS going to ask for it for my birthday because I really do like some of the hairs and shirts..but just to get it for those specific items isn't worth it.

Late Night released some pretty racy stuff when it was advertising. Like when the women were wearing short skirts and dancing on the counter, as if it was a 'hangout'.
  • samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Rated T For Teen dude but i do agree the trailer was a bit too much this time and from an adults mind it does sound like a commercial for adult stuff and not really for minors. As for the gameplay it's just pajamas or lingerie and a few items. But as for the poster above me said it's up to parent's responsibility on what a kid plays unless they demonstrated maturity or they fit the teen catergory. Honestly i have found kids that are like 10 playing worse games like shooters for example (rated M game btw)
  • TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited February 2012
    I did not find it inappropriate, rather cute and funny, I interpreted it to be a parody of real commercials and other TV stuff. It's not adding anything more inappropriate than what was already added in Late Night. In general I find the romantic theme as a good theme for games, I very much prefer it to killing and wars. Make love not war! :mrgreen:
    Of Kings and Castles
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited February 2012
    It's an adult themed pack not children and not teens but Young Adult and Adult that's what they were going for and I do like the objects and clothing.
  • kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited February 2012
    its not that bad guys :?
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2012
    Honestly I think it was a bad idea but obviously it's successful in making people remember the game. Personally, I don't like it but think it is teen-appropriate.

It could have done without the 70's softpo.rn style though.

What IS disturbing?
    That gif on slynnski's signature is. Is there a purpose to that?
  • DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited February 2012
    The OP is being a little dramatic...
    I mean kids today do things far more inappropriate thing than watching some pixel skin...
    edited February 2012
    I don't think he's being too dramatic. Different people have different sensibilities and opinions, that's all.
  • Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just saw it and it was pretty funny. It reminded me of that ads for the blue pills (you know the ones) that they show constantly on TV.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just saw it and it was pretty funny. It reminded me of that ads for the blue pills (you know the ones) that they show constantly on TV.

I have to agree, it's what I said earlier. I just don't see the similarity to soft core that it's being compared with. There is a big difference there. The voice over is very similar to the commercials.

With respect for the opinion of the OP ....to be really honest when you look over the topics that are talked about every day in the forums I can't see calling this little blue pill commercial rip off inappropriate.

There are threads about baby daddies, breeding, various forms of procreation, killing off Sims, cheating spouses and all sorts of things that parents might not want small children to see....then again...the game is T for teen.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited February 2012
    In my personal opinion I belive EA did everything posibile to keep the game under the teen rating. The more I think about it though I belive that game is just bordering a mature direction. but there are things far worse off on tv and in movies.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited February 2012
    It's no worse than kids shooting everything.
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    What IS disturbing?

It's from a music video, linked in my signature.

How is it disturbing? :?

Good to know my signature has enough power to derail threads. :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    What IS disturbing?

It looks like the woman's being abused. Not nice at all.

Edit: I'm not "having a go" at you. Sorry if you think that.
    edited February 2012
    It's no worse than kids shooting everything.

Very good point!
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    slynnski wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    What IS disturbing?

It looks like the woman's being abused. Not nice at all.

Edit: I'm not "having a go" at you. Sorry if you think that.

Haha, it's cool, I was just taken aback. Sorry if my sig disturbs you. Although Rihanna probably intended it to look like abuse, I see it more or less as someone at their wits end because of a crazy, but not abusive, relationship. Which is how I feel sometimes. :P
  • KayleighmartinKayleighmartin Posts: 754 Member
    edited February 2012
    To be honest its not really that bad is it? I mean come on kids these days get up to much worse and probably don't even see it as mature or whatever! I mean kids that are like 10 play COD and that's an 18 if parents think its too mature then don't buy it.
  • tb98rocktb98rock Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm not old enough to play but my parents let and I know I won't ask for this way too inappropriate
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's why it has a rating "Parential Guidance" folks .... it should be up to the parents, not a 10 yr.
  • TheChronicRTheChronicR Posts: 1,294 New Member
    edited February 2012
    That trailer is no different from what's on the TV these days.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice...

ESRB_ver864001.png
  • ArkanoireArkanoire Posts: 761 New Member
    edited February 2012
    That trailer is no different from what's on the TV these days.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice...

ESRB_ver864001.png

this + your sig = perfect.
  • wizplacewizplace Posts: 1,820 Member
    edited February 2012
    Technically they were not going for rated E for Everyone. It's a rated T for Teen game and they can't have control over the people who play it. But it's not really a kids game.
    I remember I first saw it when I was young. My 12 to 14 year old brothers played it.
    (Sorry, don't remember the age.)