Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REALLY inappropriate!

Comments

• Options
    keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited March 2012
    I can what you mean, but normal tv these days is worse then what the sims game is.

My parents (well at-least my dad) probably agree with you a lot. He thought the game was inappropriate even for me and I'm 22 and married, just because the front of the box said it contain sexual content even after I explained to me there isn't nothing there just there to protect their buts.
  • Options
    LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2012
    That's funny, I little weird, but funny non the less! And this game is a teen rated, Im a teen and I just find that funny, if slightly creepy :mrgreen:

And I agree with LittleV, this game is teen rated for a reason
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pretty much what everyone else said; If you find it inappropriate, then you don't have to buy it... I liked the clothing, even though most of it was basically re-designs of whats already in the game. If I recall, when Late Night was released there was a controversy surrounding the corset sleepwear and the garters. And as you can see, that has subsided and so will this eventually ;p
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    lauren185817lauren185817 Posts: 137 Member
    edited March 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

i do agree with you on some points. i have to be careful when i play the game because i have a 2yr old and a 6yr old and she likes to watch me dress them up and i watch what i dress my sim in, but even her just seeing the outfits, i dont want her to even think about those kind of outfits. i mean i know she is only 6 and she doesnt realy understand why there are "sexy" outfits or even the fact of what is considered "sexy". But needless to say i dont know if she will be playing the sims anytime soon. sticking to her leapfrog 2 games are good for me!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'd never seen that trailer but I thought it was funny -- the twin bathtubs were a nice touch (a bit of a parody of a famous commercial series). And I really don't see anything racy about either the pack or the content. None of us would be here if it wasn't for...well, WooHoo. And for all we know, that couple in the ad were happily and contentedly married and enjoying life together. It's all in how you play the game. I usually play already married couples; the one time I tried to play a playboy type with the Heartbreaker LTW I gave up after his first conquest because it made me so sad. Truth be told, I'm probably a boring Simmer. But this is probably my favorite of the SPs because I love all the items; the bedroom set really looks nice, I like the new bathroom items, and the clothes are great especially the men's PJs (I like the robe with the boxers the best -- looks awesome if you've got a Sim with some chest hair).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    caseynicole_23caseynicole_23 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited March 2012
    I didn't really like the stuff pack. I ended up only liking one of the outfits and the bathroom items. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about it though. :?
  • Options
    blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It is not inappropriate, it was called master suite because it's a SP for adult sims mainly so you knew what you were getting.
    The thing is these days, children know about adult things from a young age, that's just how things are, nothing we can do, so just go with the flow.
    Yeah okay the trailer could be considered more than a teen rating (if you were being really strict) but it's just a cartoon game. Sims already woohoo so what if the sp includes "luxury" underwear. Personally I needed it because my sims never get dressed.
    It's a funny game, with funny interactions, so why so serious?
  • Options
    Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I guess it might be inappropriate. But usually smaller kids are pretty naive, they don't really know what's going on. I don't remember the world being full of sexual innuendos when I was younger but I'm pretty sure it was there all along! And the trailer obviously tries to sell it in a funny way.

Some of you here say, you're disappointed and truth be told, I'm dumbfounded. Before the release of these SPs you can check out every single item. There are so many sites on the Internet, and they even did an official walkthrough. If you just buy it without checking the content first, well, that's just your own fault, I think. :roll:
  • Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited March 2012
    crimrose wrote:
    ^LOL. Nobody FORCED you. You bought it of your own free will, and you could have viewed all the outfits online as there were pictures of them.

Enough of this whole "I'm a poor helpless consumer who needs protecting from the big bad world." Why do you think governments censor everything so much, and in the process, inhibit free information and free speech? Because you can't be mature enough to handle it, or ignore it if you don't want to see it!

I agree with this statement 100%. So true. :?
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    edited March 2012
    I actually think the game on a whole is quite tame compared to what it used to be. Does anyone remember what making out used to look like in S2? They used to get parallel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGNg_L3xN1I&feature=related

Tame.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    sarahwyssleclairsarahwyssleclair Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2012
    :oops:
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2012
    Inappropriate? The stuff in that video is nothing that we can't do in the game. It's not like they added any special effects. Might as well brand the whole game as inappropriate in that case...
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    GirlGamerGirlGamer Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2012
    I personally thought the video was quiet clever! It brought a smile to my face, at least! I think EA realizes that kids are growing up quite fast nowadays, and some things that may not have been socially acceptable five or ten years ago are alright now. I don't believe they intended to be "inappropriate" but be more humorous and clever with their advertisements.
  • Options
    iha_iha_97iha_iha_97 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I saw the trailer and thought is is inappropriate but it is for teens NOT for kids. It's the parents fault if kids are playing it.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm, if you consider this inappropriate, I hope your kids don't watch TV. They'll see much "worse" on daytime television, even in the commercials (like the ones that this parodies). Besides, any parent who finds this too raunchy would probably be better off not purchasing TS3 (a teen-rated game) for their pre-teen kids in the first place.

More importantly, exposure to violence is a whole lot more detrimental than exposure to *implied* physical romance between consenting adults, and kids are bombarded with violent imagery in pretty much every media outlet there is.

As it is, I think the ad is kind of cute.
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited May 2012
    I never understood why people worry about how others do their parenting. I'm confident that most parents are perfectly capable of reading a label and deciding what's appropriate for their child.

Secondly, entertainment companies are under no obligation to cater exclusively to children, and I'm frankly sick of the enormous self-entitlement some parents show. Some content is developed strictly for a more mature audience - that's why it gets a T, M, or R rating. If your child is too young for it, then don't buy it for them, instead of expecting everything to be sanitized.

Lastly, there is nothing "disturbing" about this commercial. It's a parody and it's done in the same cheesy, over-the-top vein as the rest of the game. The content itself is tame even by tween standards, and like someone above said, hints of intimacy between consenting adults are far less harmful than shooting people (or even deer).
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • Options
    imahippyyoimahippyyo Posts: 1,146 New Member
    edited May 2012
    DeadFishy wrote:
    I actually think the game on a whole is quite tame compared to what it used to be. Does anyone remember what making out used to look like in S2? They used to get parallel!

Tame.
    This video made me LOL :lol:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2012
    DeadFishy wrote:

Tame.

Yes I remember and I really miss it and wish they'd bring it back.
  • Options
    cheerfulangel2cheerfulangel2 Posts: 2,037
    edited May 2012
    Its not really inappropiate because 1 they had the same type of stuff brought into late night and 2 i know there are probably at least half of the sim community that download CC lingerie and this is a gift to them and i mean its not like EA added any new interactions added to woohoo or just in general.
  • Options
    cheerfulangel2cheerfulangel2 Posts: 2,037
    edited May 2012
    crimrose wrote:
    ^LOL. Nobody FORCED you. You bought it of your own free will, and you could have viewed all the outfits online as there were pictures of them.

Enough of this whole "I'm a poor helpless consumer who needs protecting from the big bad world." Why do you think governments censor everything so much, and in the process, inhibit free information and free speech? Because you can't be mature enough to handle it, or ignore it if you don't want to see it!

This!!
  • Options
    tata888tata888 Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    he he :D
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited May 2012
    It's a rated T for teen game. It's not really appropriate for children to play unsupervised anyway. You guys have no idea what gaming companies have to go through for their ratings and to keep them. EVERY tiny detail is reviewed.

Children won't be playing with anything in this game unless their PARENTS buy it for them. That's on the parents, not EA. It's EAs job to remain within the rating they have chosen, not to police other people's children.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    ThesimshouseThesimshouse Posts: 27
    edited May 2012
    I've been playing sims 3 since i was 7... now im 14 and by the trailer and commercial my mom and dad still wont let me have it... aw comon' im nearly 3 years older than the PEGI rating.
  • Options
    Deathrider1991Deathrider1991 Posts: 402 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Not inappropriate at all with the rating it currently has.

TEEN
    Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

ESRB_T.png < Click me

• Options
    KarazaraKarazara Posts: 764 New Member
    edited May 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

Um, there's WooHoo in the base game, and the game is rated T for Teen. Not going to tell you how to parent your children but it's not meant for 10 year olds.