Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REALLY inappropriate!

Comments

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think the sexiness is quite humorus! I love watching sims trailers

but the game is rated T for teen so if parents still decide to buy it for their 10 year old then they´ll just hve to deal with it
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited February 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

I find Victoria's Secret commercials much more disturbing, and those are on TV for general audiences.
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Tota wrote:
    I did not find it inappropriate, rather cute and funny, I interpreted it to be a parody of real commercials and other TV stuff. It's not adding anything more inappropriate than what was already added in Late Night. In general I find the romantic theme as a good theme for games, I very much prefer it to killing and wars. Make love not war! :mrgreen:

I agree with this :D
  • Options
    FantabestFantabest Posts: 638
    edited February 2012
    That trailer is no different from what's on the TV these days.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice...

ESRB_ver864001.png
    Hey, wait, use of alcohol?!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2012
    Fantabest wrote:
    That trailer is no different from what's on the TV these days.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice...

ESRB_ver864001.png
    Hey, wait, use of alcohol?!

What else do you think nectar and the drinks in the bars are supposed to be?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2012
    slynnski wrote:
    I'd also like to add that TS3 is rated T for teen.

Agreed, it's not a 'kids' game to begin with.

I am aware that plenty of kids play it, however I believe it is the parents responsibility for them to review the content of the game and then decide if it's appropriate enough for their child. Since everyone should have fair warning of what this game contains because of the rating, I personally feel no parent should be at all surprised or shocked of what this game may or may not contain.

That being said, I really do not think anything in this expansion is 'pushing the limit'. It's no worse than what you see in TV or movies, or the lingerie that was released with Late Night.

your signature is a little freaky...
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2012
    pc452000 wrote:
    slynnski wrote:

I am aware that plenty of kids play it, however I believe it is the parents responsibility for them to review the content of the game and then decide if it's appropriate enough for their child. Since everyone should have fair warning of what this game contains because of the rating, I personally feel no parent should be at all surprised or shocked of what this game may or may not contain.

That being said, I really do not think anything in this expansion is 'pushing the limit'. It's no worse than what you see in TV or movies, or the lingerie that was released with Late Night.

your signature is a little freaky...

Good. I'm glad you think so. Because that has EVERYTHING to do with Master Suite. :roll:
  • Options
    Obscene666Obscene666 Posts: 746 Member
    edited February 2012
    Honestly, you just need to get over it. It's a game intended for teenagers and now-a-days, what haven't they seen or rather done? Parents should know what their kids do. If they don't then it really isn't EA's problem.
    8Eciy6e.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2012
    This game is rated "T" for Teens, not "K" for kids.

If kids are playing, then it is their parents who should be scolded, not EA.

I loved the trailer, I thought it was very funny!

By the way, the commercials that this trailer is based upon run all day long on many different channels.

There is nothing inappropriate here at all!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited February 2012
    After finding the video I call the kids in to watch. They are 19, 17, 14, 11 and 3. Oh you should of heard the giggles. They rolled on the floor!! Then went on about their business. I bought the pack and I play and USE it. The kids watch me play, laughing the whole time.

Simply put teach your kids to find humor in things and not the sex, sexy things.

I second what another person said about Victoria's Secret. Hello People she shows everything so what's the secret??

And the sig with Sailor Moon in it, please it's a cartoon. Bet you could find a Sim pic like that, where the chick looks like she is being abused.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited February 2012
    Orrr you could just not buy this stuff pack for your kids :lol: Parents are responsible for deciding what is/isn't appropriate for their child to play/have. Bottom line. I think people forget that nowadays.
  • Options
    rosierealearosierealea Posts: 419 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think it's tacky, inappropriate, and completely unnecessary.

*Yes, I'm an adult. No, I'm not a prude. :roll:
  • Options
    FrankieChuuFrankieChuu Posts: 611 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the video. Looks just fine to me. That doesn't mean I'll be purchasing that anytime soon, since I find "Stuff" packs kind of pointless unless it comes with a full on EP. ^^'

Oh, and like someone said on the top comments of the trailer, "Why do I feel like I just got done watching a bad pron?" Seriously. Especially that voice-over .. :lol:
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited February 2012
    Rules everyone should live by:

Read the labels prior to buying and if you don't understand what it means ask questions.

turn off, don't listen, don't buy, don't discuss, walk away, don't do, and mostly use your right to choose and respect the right of others to do the same.

As parents: get involved, communicate, investigate, regulate, and exercise your parential controls.

Where there may be many things your children shouldn't be watching they ARE watching you.
  • Options
    LaylaPopsLaylaPops Posts: 25
    edited February 2012
    I find the fact that this is a discussion really pathetic. I myself am fourteen and this game is not a childs game. Simple as that. This commercial? Boo hoo. We, as in all people who own a computer or television set, see worse stuff around us then just a stupid commercial obviously made to amuse. Let it be, for gods sake. I love the commercial mainly because it is amusing.

Sorry that I was so blunt and slightly rude, but sometimes it's how you have to go.
  • Options
    freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yes, the Sims 3 is a game not only adults play, but Master Suite is not required to play the Sims 3 and is only meant to enhance gameplay. In regards to Master Suite being too sexy, it's the consumers responsibility to check things out before they purchase something. Buyer beware...
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think that except for the very very young most people who are playing this game should understand what goes on in this game and should be old enough to deal with it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    thesims3fangirlthesims3fangirl Posts: 17
    edited February 2012
    If you ask me I think master suite stuff is the most inappropriate stuff pack. There is just too many romantic interactions. 8)
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited March 2012
    slynnski wrote:

Agreed 100%
    There's nothing I hate more than parents who thoughtlessly buy their kids stuff and then crap and complain when they find out that they're too young for it, even though the parent was too lazy to check and make sure it was age-appropriate.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ChelleyChelley Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2012
    I personally LOVED the trailer, I thought it was hilarious and actually made me want to buy it all the more! Who wouldn't want something to spice up their sim's life just a little bit? I don't really understand why people feel the need to complain about something like this? Obviously parents have their own free will to buy or not buy for their children and this is no worse then anything on TV aired daily.
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited March 2012
    I feel stupid for buying it. It didn't appeal to me. I thought the bathroom items were great and was disappointed when the stuff pack was mostly clothes. Not that clothes aren't nice but I like to choose what I buy...

I do think this stuff pack should have been 17 ++ .. EA's should've released this as a set in the community.. Allowing us to buy what we wanted. Not forcing us Rated R outfits.
  • Options
    crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited March 2012
    ^LOL. Nobody FORCED you. You bought it of your own free will, and you could have viewed all the outfits online as there were pictures of them.

Enough of this whole "I'm a poor helpless consumer who needs protecting from the big bad world." Why do you think governments censor everything so much, and in the process, inhibit free information and free speech? Because you can't be mature enough to handle it, or ignore it if you don't want to see it!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2012
    I rode the bus home with my cousin one day, I'm her guardian, and since she's a wee one so we sat in the front. However, some conversation tidbits from the back of the bus drifted forward on occasion. The crap that those teenagers were talking about made me blush and my eyes go a little wide. I'm married to a Marine darlings. I thought I'd heard it all.

That commercial has nothing on the back 3 seats of a school bus. So while it's just my opinion, I feel like that commercial is a light hearted and comical addition to the Sims 3 that I enjoyed. I truly don't feel like they took it too far. I think we as adults have a naive assumption of what teenagers do or don't know and in our ever present need to protect them from harmful influences, we lose touch with reality a little.

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2012
    mnevin25 wrote:
    I feel stupid for buying it. It didn't appeal to me. I thought the bathroom items were great and was disappointed when the stuff pack was mostly clothes. Not that clothes aren't nice but I like to choose what I buy...

I do think this stuff pack should have been 17 ++ .. EA's should've released this as a set in the community.. Allowing us to buy what we wanted. Not forcing us Rated R outfits.

Oh my lord. You can preview theENTIRE CONTENTof a stuff pack before you buy it. If you weren't intelligent enough to do that, then you made a poor consumer choice. Which is YOUR fault, not EA's.

I do wish we could pick which items we wanted, but many store content items mirror the stuff packs. I found the Master Suite to be very similar to the latest store content. So close, that I almost didn't purchase Master Suite.

I previewed the content, however, and found the clothes so hilariously wonderful that I couldn't live without them. :P
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    kids do play this game

i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

The game is rated "Teen" for a reason. Technically the game is not meant for 10 year-olds. If a young child plays the game, or as a parent you let your child play, it's your responsibility if your child is exposed to inappropriate content for their age.