Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

REALLY inappropriate!

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't think its pushing the limits, Kids watch worse stuff, my 7 year old nephew watches the Movie Titanic and must of us know about the part where Jack is painting Rose and the Car scene. :lol:
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2012
    DeadFishy wrote:
    I actually think the game on a whole is quite tame compared to what it used to be. Does anyone remember what making out used to look like in S2? They used to get parallel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGNg_L3xN1I&feature=related

Tame.

I miss that.It had a lot more feeling to it lol.
  • KendraaaaaaaKendraaaaaaa Posts: 437
    edited May 2012
    Kids that play this game should already know about the Birds and the Bees, I'm 11 and my parents don't really care.

Oh and if you kept close attention on the school districts in real life, you'd notice that lots of junior high students are preggers!

See what kids do. Way worse than sims :)
  • OkatoOkato Posts: 125 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I agree, MSS is pretty lame. Everything screams "skimpy" in my opinion.
  • shiann121shiann121 Posts: 127 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think it's teen appropriate because heck, have you been to a rural high school lately? The janiter sends you to the closet to get a broom and OH, HAI THERE, DIDN'T SEE YOU, LEAVING NOW BAI.
    And, with that train of thought, you CAN'T shelter kids from the world. I don't let my eight year old brother play sims, but when he's ten if he still wants to try it I'm going to let him, because I think he's mature enough to handle it, and I think I'll trust him to handle it even better when he's ten (and not need constant help).
    That being said, all kids are different, and it's up to their parents to decide what they're old enough for, and what they won't understand. (My mom doesn't understand video games, so she leaves it to me to watch what he plays. I've been pretty good at it so far- Spyro? Yes. Left 4 Dead? No. It works out.)
  • MardukMarduk Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I know I'm a bit late for this thread, but I found some arguments really funny. :D

Oh, and this is what the game is rated here:

028539197-die-sims-3.jpg

And yes, the 6 is the age, so I relly don't get the arguments that the games isn't for younger kids.
  • crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2012
    ^I don't know where you are from, but the game ISN'T intended for younger kids. It wasn't made for them, is what people are saying.

Perhaps the game ratings are different in your country, but in North America, it's rated 'T', meaning 'Teen.' Which generally refers to people over the age of thirteen or so. The game developers didn't make the game with kids in mind. MySims is EA's kid-friendly version of The Sims. As such, it is rated 'E' for 'Everyone', usually meaning anyone over the age of three.

I don't get all the prudishness surrounding this Stuff Pack, but maybe that's because I'm older than most people here. Many teenagers are very shy on this topic, and I'm guessing that's why many of them feel uncomfortable, maybe, with this SP. But it's needless.

The game already features WooHoo. I don't see how a few pieces of lacy underwear are going to scar the children forever - it's nothing they couldn't see in a store window at the mall.
  • Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

I. Can't. Stop. Laughing. The Seat of Romance. xD. It also sounds like one of those "commercials", if y'know what I mean...
  • kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2012
    jack09 wrote:
    i just watched the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3puuNxeNnM

watch it. discuss it.

i know its funny but i mean kids do play this game and this is pushing the sexiness a bit too far! the whole sexy voice and boring people obviously having no action then becoming studs and the women wearing very 'do me now!' outfits. i think the worse part is when a 10 year old ask their guardian if they can get this game and when they see the advert on TV their faces drop and the game they realize they've bought their kids.

I totally agree with that. Before the sims 3 I started to play in The sims 2 when I was a child and I saw a lot of things kids shouldn't see. Actually I bought this SP just because I like the hairs that came with it.
  • KendraaaaaaaKendraaaaaaa Posts: 437
    edited June 2012
    I don't think its pushing the limits, Kids watch worse stuff, my 7 year old nephew watches the Movie Titanic and must of us know about the part where Jack is painting Rose and the Car scene. :lol:

Agreed! Look at my siggy! LOL . I watch that movie everyday...
  • x_mynameisangelx_mynameisangel Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2012
    shiann121 wrote:
    The janiter sends you to the closet to get a broom and OH, HAI THERE, DIDN'T SEE YOU, LEAVING NOW BAI.

What is it that you mean by that????
  • naeggersnaeggers Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2012
    You know what's worse for kids than mildly suggestive material that's a part of life?

Extreme bloody violence, which is what every other computer game offers.

I don't have children yet, but if my teenage children were playing the Sims 3 instead of the latest run-and-gun thing, I wouldn't be worried ... I'd be extremely happy. They can even go mod in a bunch of mature content, for all I care. As long as they're being creative. :)
  • Llama10453Llama10453 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Not really.. Considering woohoo is under covers, and showers and baths and toilet using are censored with mosaic its nothing. I found it rather funny.
  • Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    edited November 2012
    DeadFishy wrote:
    I actually think the game on a whole is quite tame compared to what it used to be. Does anyone remember what making out used to look like in S2? They used to get parallel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGNg_L3xN1I&feature=related

Tame.

I miss that.It had a lot more feeling to it lol.

Man, I remember that make out social in Sims 2! I miss that one, lol.
  • kirbster64562kirbster64562 Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2012
    I got master suite when i was 11 (12 now) and everything in it is what every child in the world thats goes to school has already seen/ talked about. It's really not that bad.
  • DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited February 2013
    Not really that inappropriate.

I think the trailer could be made differently, to appeal to a wider audience, but then again you're the parent and you decide what you show to your child(?)

This game is for teenagers and adults. They both now what it's about and it's not surprising to them :lol:

I wouldn't play a Sim game with only grandma attire :-)
  • clairoeclairoe Posts: 62 New Member
    edited May 2013

I find it more odd than inappropriate like the advert is trying to advertise to people who are attracted to Sims rather than enjoy playing the games. Like " Look at this hot Sim " !

Sort of odd *lol* :D
  • scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited June 2013
    It's rated T for Teen.

Kids can play it but it's up to the parents to decide if they want to buy it for their kid.
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited July 2013
    Tota wrote:
    I did not find it inappropriate, rather cute and funny, I interpreted it to be a parody of real commercials and other TV stuff. It's not adding anything more inappropriate than what was already added in Late Night. In general I find the romantic theme as a good theme for games, I very much prefer it to killing and wars. Make love not war! :mrgreen:

Agreed /\ :)
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I admit I am pretty much around the early teens and this is the one pack I am not going to get. I have Late Night and the trailer only really showed the sexiness on the Launch one but it appeared as a famous celeb a little too tipsy partying in the middle of the night. Nothing really about 'you know what'. Besides, Late Night only really appeared as a expansion pack all about drinking, getting drunk then dancing unconsciously. Master Suite's trailer was just based around 'looking good for bed' and seemed extreme, even normal sims woohoo looks nowhere as dirty as that.

I'm not sure though. I just wanted to share my opinion as I am the age that you're all talking about. I understand though where your coming from and think the trailer is just going a little bit too over the top. However I do know someone with Master Suite and they enjoy living out their dirtiest dreams using the fancy sleepwear. I'll just add that she is only 13 years old. I think if it didn't have the sexy voiceover and just some music instead it wouldn't be so bad. The trailer itself is more dirty than the actual content. I'm not going to get it. Late Night gave me all the clothing and mini skirts I need and I don't want any more
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I got master suite when i was 11 (12 now) and everything in it is what every child in the world thats goes to school has already seen/ talked about. It's really not that bad.

Put them in that clothing and get them to make out on the bed. It looks more dirty than woohoo
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nothing really about 'you know what'.

However I do know someone with Master Suite and they enjoy living out their dirtiest dreams using the fancy sleepwear.

Its just some bras and underwear..... :shock:

I think you need a different game if you are trying to play out dirty fantasies LOL
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Katyp8Katyp8 Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Yea it's not that bad.If you think about it they could just avoid inappropriate content. :roll:
  • DJAnnamarieDJAnnamarie Posts: 150 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Nothing really about 'you know what'.

However I do know someone with Master Suite and they enjoy living out their dirtiest dreams using the fancy sleepwear.

Its just some bras and underwear..... :shock:

I think you need a different game if you are trying to play out dirty fantasies LOL

Either that or you need a hell of a lot of very dirty mods. :shock:

In all seriousness, the game s rated T for Teens for good reasons, any parent who bought it for their kid has no one to blame but themselves, regardless of if they checked it out or not before buying it. It's up to parents to moderate their children's computer/video game usage, not the gaming industry's responsibility to water down games because "kids might see it".
  • jem707jem707 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Glamour **** that is a mirror! Honestly I Got This When I was 12 and me and my friends new a whole lot more than what this game is showing!