Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Caption Contest - we're up to historic Contest # 30 this week! Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Contest #28
    Forsooth! The fight for toddlers has intensified!
    And over yonder thou shalt see the wonderous serpent. Thou art fortunate that thou hast come at feeding time...
    Come hither good people! It seems that Magikarp has evolved!
    Oh, tis tragic indeed. Here's to hoping the king's next wife shall appear less appetizing.
    What's in a serpent? A monster by any other name would still find thou as sweet.
    The course of true digestion never did run smooth.
    There's daggers in serpent's smiles.
    To swallow or not to swallow. That is the question. Either way thou knowest the heimlich.
  • Options
    CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    @rosey1579 all of yours made me laugh xD every single one!
  • Options
    Ceea wrote: »
    @rosey1579 all of yours made me laugh xD every single one!

My thanks, gentle ghost-whale. Thou art both wise and generous.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    THIS is what happens when you buck the system. Don't buck the system!
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2015
    Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you for the votes. :smiley:

@Cogitotoro, I am so sorry about your cat. I had to put a beloved cat of mine down a few years ago, and it's so heart breaking. I'm glad you are making your cat as comfortable as possible, and cherishing the time that you have with him. <3 And I also hope that you and your daughter are feeling better! Mono is terrible, and takes a long time to get over, so I hope you're starting to feel more like yourself again. :)

If you would, please give my winnings to @rosey1579, as this funny Simmer's captions always make me laugh out loud. :grin:

Thank you! :)
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    So sorry to hear about your kitty @Cogitotoro . I hope that the posts on this thread bring a much-needed smile to your face in this difficult time.

Caption #29 - Medieval

1. "Ah, just a little bit more-" Crack! "That hits the spot. I've needed to see a chiropractor for a long time."
    2. "Ye gods! The Kraken has awoken! Hasten thee to call upon the hero Jack Sparrow!"

Of course, if I win anything, just pass it along to someone else. I'm just here for the fun of it all, not to win anything.
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member

@Cogitoro, I haven't participated here in a while, but I was very sorry to read about your cat. I have most certainly been in your shoes, and do completely empathize. It's a very tough thing to go through for those of us who consider our pets to be members of our family.

I don't have a great segue, and do not at all want to diminish what you must be going through right now with your beloved cat, but I guess if I want to enter your next contest, I have to start doing just that.

In all honesty, I really can't figure out the latest image... I even tried to enlarge it so I could see it better! :D Anyway, anything I contribute is bound to be ridiculous and out of context... But here goes anyway...

“Circ du Soliel” performed in it's infancy, before the invention of the trapeze or safety nets.

Yeah, fine! I'm willing to take the dive, but don't expect me to cook and clean, too!

Okay, honey, I can kind of get your whole obsession with this Medieval thing, but it's not quite as much fun for us girls!
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    friday027 wrote: »
    @Cogitoro, I haven't participated here in a while, but I was very sorry to read about your cat. I have most certainly been in your shoes, and do completely empathize. It's a very tough thing to go through for those of us who consider our pets to be members of our family.

I don't have a great segue, and do not at all want to diminish what you must be going through right now with your beloved cat, but I guess if I want to enter your next contest, I have to start doing just that.

In all honesty, I really can't figure out the latest image... I even tried to enlarge it so I could see it better! :D Anyway, anything I contribute is bound to be ridiculous and out of context... But here goes anyway...

“Circ du Soliel” performed in it's infancy, before the invention of the trapeze or safety nets.

Yeah, fine! I'm willing to take the dive, but don't expect me to cook and clean, too!

Okay, honey, I can kind of get your whole obsession with this Medieval thing, but it's not quite as much fun for us girls!

I tried to enlarge it too .. I have to say your contributions are really great “Circ du Soliel” indeed too cool!!
    I wish I could think of something suitably obscure. But I'm drawing a blank there I guess, for the most part
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member

HBSIMSTER wrote: »
    I tried to enlarge it too .. I have to say your contributions are really great “Circ du Soliel” indeed too cool!!
    I wish I could think of something suitably obscure. But I'm drawing a blank there I guess, for the most part

@HBSIMSTER - All I can say is "LoL" ! :D Oh, oops, I guess that doesn't rate here on this forum anymore? :D I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to enlarge that image! :smiley: "obscure" ?, knowing you, I'm sure you'll come up with something! ;)
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    Catption contest #29 -
    "Throw a coin they said. Get a whish they said"
    "Not me you idiot! My mother-in-law's over there!"

@Cogitotoro sorry about your kitty. It's a terrible thing to go through.
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    Okay! I've thought of something. This is for all the Doctor Who fans.

*scratches head* "That should have worked... hmmmm." "Doctor! NOW would be good!"

Gonna go vote now (If I haven't already... can't remember. @_@;;; ) Good luck to all! =D
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    This wasn't what she imagined when the creature asked 'May I have this dance with you?'
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Sunday roundup time!

First, thanks so much to all of you - too many to name - who sent me good wishes and condolences about my cat Tybalt. He died with me and my husband with him, and we buried him with some rosemary for remembrance. It does help to have so many good wishes coming my way.

Now on to the contest! Humor helps give a light in dark places - and so do fire traps. Without further ado...
    The WINNER of Sims Caption Contest # 28 (for 1,000 SPs):
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Thus ends the sad tale of Doug, or "The Man Who Wouldn't Tip the Gondolier"
    by the legendary @AlphaFen

In Second Place (for 500 SPs):
    "Bet you're glad we took out travel insurance now."
    by @tiger_lily5

and in Third Place (for 500 SPs):
    "Did anyone bring the marshmallows?"
    by @OriginalMara

Congratulations to the winners! Let me know what if anything to do with your winnings. The leaders shifted around a lot as the votes came in - congrats to all the finalists, whose entries were all appreciated.
    Next: entries are closed and finalists have been chosen for Caption Contest # 29 ("The Sims Medieval one with the Pit Beast"). Thanks for all the entries! Please rank the finalists here by the end of next Saturday, 11/14.

Last, here's the new screenshot for captioning. Have fun with it! Submit and edit as many captions as you like for Sims Caption Contest # 30 (can't believe I've done 30 of these!) by the end of next Saturday, 11/14.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oooh Nice. Let's see what I can come up with for Caption #30

*Silly Kids! Ball Pits aren't just for children!*

*So this is where all the bowling balls end up*

*Can someone help me find my contact lens?*

*How can gigantic skittles be bad for the tummy Willy Wonka?*

*I feel like I Oompa Loompa'd right into a Willy Wonka Dream*

*I contemplate the diamonds, but see the candy and I wonder: Are diamonds a girl's best friend?*
    Post edited by LadyEmillye on
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited November 2015
    Congrats & Great BIG hugs to the winners @AlphaFen, @tiger_lily5, & @OriginalMara !! To everyone else who posted captions BIG lucky hugs to you all!!!
    Hang in there! Competition is heating up, But the entries are hilarious to read, so keep em coming!!

As to caption contest # 30 ... This one made me think of an old deodorant commercial jingle, as follows

1) "Raise your hands, raise your hands, if your sure!!"
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    edited November 2015
    Congrats Winners! and Good Luck everyone for next week!

My entries for # 30

"When Jim said this party would be a ball, we didn't think he meant it so literally... "

"There ain't no party like a gumball party, because a gumball party don't stop!"

"I don't know what happened, I put my dollar in the gumball machine, and they just kept rolling out!"

Post edited by AMofOz on
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    By the way, this week's image was inspired by a real art installation my family and I visited this summer called "The Beach" - a humongous ball pit! So fun.
    2A552E3600000578-0-image-a-10_1436355256915.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I am so, so sorry to know that Tybalt passed. He was a gorgeous cat and the world is sadder without the beauty that was Tybalt in it. I am glad you were with him when he passed on. It's important to have loved ones near at that time. Big hugs. Cherish those memories and be happy for all the time you had with him.

Woot! I'm so glad they raised the age/height restrictions.

The beach ball party looks like a huge success!
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I edited my post to add a new caption and I forgot to say congrats to the winners and good luck to everyone for #29.
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited November 2015
    1.If you live in Florida this is the closest you get to a snowball fight!
    2. in order to escape and move on to the next round of the game you must chew the giant gumballs then use the sticky mess to climb out! first one out gets 5000 $ and giant gumballs for life!
    3. They woke up and thought they were in a huge ball pit! Their having fun now but wait until they find out they have really been shrunken down and put in a gumball machine!
  • Options
    CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    1)Doug prayed that none of the other party guests would realize that he had an accident in the ball pit... this was turning into his 6th birthday party all over again!

2)Trypophobia triggered!

3)"Sandy, why did you fill our living room with balls?!" "We're adults Tim. We get to decide what that means. Relax and enjoy the party!"

4)Ron became concerned when the ball-pit dance-a-thon didn't ever seem to end... and the walls were all flashing mirrors and no doorway.
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    Congratulations to the winners! =D

I'll ponder for a few days before I post any captions. ^-^
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    I'm sorry to hear about Tybalt, @Cogitotoro. It sounds like you gave him a good home where he led a long, happy life. :heart:
  • Options
    Contest #30
    • Peter, I know you always want to be a little boy, but this is getting creepy. Stop sending me photos and move on with you life. <3 Tinkerbell
    • Yes! I have found enlightenment! Or is that a band-aid?
    • Guys, we've been in here for eight years now. I don't think they're gonna let us out.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear about Tybalt its lovely that you placed rosemary with him.

:star: Congratulations Winners :star: The medieval picture had so many great entries it was hard to choose :D Good luck to everyone! <3

Edit: Lol! Just noticed you called me legendary @Cogitotoro :D Happy 30th anniversary ;)

1. What really goes on inside the gumball machine...
    2. It took 20 years and an elaborate Ponzi scheme but Greg could finally afford the finer things in life
    3. How a simmer's brain feels when they finally Own The Store
    4. Jorge finally realised his ex-wife might have had a point when she said he was immature...
    5. They would never regret asking Coco the Disco Clown to redecorate their apartment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top