Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2015
    Okay, some more:

Cal is a very active elder as he needs to be, regarding the fact that all of his kids still live at home:

Screenshot-54_zpsgearffcc.jpg

Sitting by the camp fire in the garden:

Screenshot-46_zpsdnjv97os.jpg

From left to right: George (YA), Zoe (Teen), Fiona (YA), Diana (YA) and of course my main sim Cal. Diana is the oldest girl, George is her twin brother, he's Cal's first born son. Zoe is his favourite and Fiona just started studying Communication at the local University.

Another picture from around the camp fire:

Screenshot-45_zpsayc9t203.jpg

And here are Camilla (Teen) and Christopher (Child obviously ^^) roasting their Marshmallows.

Screenshot-42_zpsp9s50wkd.jpg

Camilla's marshmallow burned as you can see. ^^

Screenshot-48_zpsvjonfwri.jpg

The girls have all been taking ballet lessons since childhood (from back to front: Fiona (YA, her face is covered by Zoe), Zoe (Teen), Camilla (Teen) and Diana (YA).

Screenshot-30_zpszfc3vpgr.jpg

• Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    But nothing can get in the way of Lilia and her dad's bond:
    4uYqNLU.jpg

I love the way you play and tell their story. <3

Thankyou :)

Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Awesome pics!

Where did you get the ballet outfit, @Dakota88? I'm playing a game with a child sim who is constantly using the ballet bar in her parents' home gym. I should change her athletic outfit to a ballet outfit.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Awesome pics!

Where did you get the ballet outfit, @Dakota88? I'm playing a game with a child sim who is constantly using the ballet bar in her parents' home gym. I should change her athletic outfit to a ballet outfit.

They're from Mod the Sims (I am not sure about the shoes though, but there are ballet shoes on Mod the Sims and mine are probably those):

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=443445

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=422964

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=422963

It can get annoying though. If your Sims start using the basketball hoop or the soccer goal wearing ballet shoes and an elegant leotard... :smiley:
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    its the first time ive been able to play since the beginning of the month so im excited to be posting some pics of the Dalgowan family.

Its spring and the family decided to go out to the festival for some family fun... well that's what I intended for them, but with Marley going through her teenage years the idea of family fun didn't seen to appeal to her, it took me three attempts to get her to the festival in the first place.
    Before the girls arrived, Ross sneaked in a kiss at the kissing booth. I wonder what his fiancé would say if she knew :wink:
    Screenshot-2_zpsxopwo8ww.jpg
    Ross and Fleur was enjoying a dance, but Marley was determined not to join in...
    Screenshot-3_zpsebnvotwg.jpg
    Marley decided it was the best to sneak away from the dancing and do her own thing. She is still glitching from be grounded, but the walk suited the moment.
    Screenshot-4_zpssoc5rx0i.jpg
    Ross and fleur didn't seem to mind, as they were trying to impress each other with their dancing skills. (this is the best shot I could get)
    Screenshot-5_zpsrwf4autx.jpg
    And finally after the festival fun, Ross called them over to have a bite to eat... Marley once again decided that family time is a tedious affair and carried on egg hunting. So Ross and Fleur enjoyed a meal alone.
    Screenshot-6_zpstcszwoue.jpg

That's all for now folks!!! Hopefully try to fit in a bit more play time soon :smiley:
  • Options
    Sorry guys I forgot to add at the beginning....

Fleur playing before they went on their day out... I absolutely love this in generations as it really makes the kids seem more like kids!

Screenshot-7_zpsiynduk8x.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zps11xo2hg0.jpg
    Screenshot-9_zpspv0uozcv.jpg

Sometimes the clothing and hair styles I feel as though they look a little bit more grown up then they should. But when they play like this or with dolls and chase etc it brings them back to the age group I think they should be at. Its a really nice touch in my opinion.
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    Sorry guys I forgot to add at the beginning....

Fleur playing before they went on their day out... I absolutely love this in generations as it really makes the kids seem more like kids!

Screenshot-7_zpsiynduk8x.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zps11xo2hg0.jpg
    Screenshot-9_zpspv0uozcv.jpg

Sometimes the clothing and hair styles I feel as though they look a little bit more grown up then they should. But when they play like this or with dolls and chase etc it brings them back to the age group I think they should be at. Its a really nice touch in my opinion.

Yeah, also sometimes if your child in sims is doing that. If a sim passes them whilst they do it they will bow to them.

• Options
    ive never noticed that. I will have to keep a look out next time she does it.
  • Options
    @clover24 Wonderful pictures! Love little Fleur, she's adorable!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2015
    I certainly haven't been here in a while! Nice to see everyone here!

I love the rags to riches challenge, so I started another one and gave myself an extra challenge with it. I went searching for some mods and I started the story of a teen girl who was homeless and pregnant. It truly was a challenge! I could barely keep her motives full! She went so many nights without a full night's sleep!

She's since had her child and things have gotten harder, but she finally has a roof over her head for her and her child.

Here she is when she was pregnant. She spent a lot of time at the gym since it had toilets, showers, and an HD television.

tumblr_nwv18uNdPk1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

This is how she makes money for the time being. Catching butterflies and other creatures.

tumblr_nvs8yl8bla1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg

And her tent she lived in before she finally got her little house built.

tumblr_nvs7s6AlJa1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

Bringing home her daughter, Keyana Christiana Anderson (yay for the return of legs!).

tumblr_nw9888T5KN1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

She and her daughter still had to live outside for a while, but she took care of her.

tumblr_nwt9spEgg51up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

I've kept her in school the whole time. She used to do her homework at the library or the gym, but now, she just does it at home when her daughter is asleep. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep her in school, though. She doesn't have the money for a babysitter everyday.

tumblr_nwta1klTJB1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg

On a stroll, which I discovered is a way to raise her fun as well as the baby's.

tumblr_nwtabra8BY1up0k3mo1_1280.jpg

I would never call myself a photographer, but I really like this picture I took of them visiting the park.

tumblr_nwtel7RrWx1up0k3mo2_1280.jpg

Finally, their first night in their new house! They were so exhausted on this day, I'm surprised I got her home before she and the baby passed out!

tumblr_nwuv64Whj01up0k3mo4_1280.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    That's a fantastic story @SweetieKaye :grin:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I love challenge files!
    Whenever I feel like I can't get myself to boot my game up, I always come here and I'm inspired to play again~ You guys are so amazing. I don't come by as much as I used to (mostly because I just feel so gross wandering out of this thread on the forums anymore; there was a thread where someone was literally showcasing a p*dophile Sim? Intentionally?? And it was moved instead of closed. Such horrible, icky feelings...), but I promise that I still check in!

I hope that all of you are doing okay. About to start up my game and use some new items that I nabbed from MTS! Toddler bed is what I'm most looking forward to! C:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hi all, lovely pics from everyone and sorry I haven't been around as much. Busy at home, but happy having hubby home so it is a good busy! I've had one meltdown (crying jag), cause I was tired and my joints were achier than usual, but other than that we have done good :)
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Hi all, lovely pics from everyone and sorry I haven't been around as much. Busy at home, but happy having hubby home so it is a good busy! I've had one meltdown (crying jag), cause I was tired and my joints were achier than usual, but other than that we have done good :)

I hope you get better soon, and you don't have to apologise :)

• Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I love challenge files!
    Whenever I feel like I can't get myself to boot my game up, I always come here and I'm inspired to play again~ You guys are so amazing. I don't come by as much as I used to (mostly because I just feel so gross wandering out of this thread on the forums anymore; there was a thread where someone was literally showcasing a p*dophile Sim? Intentionally?? And it was moved instead of closed. Such horrible, icky feelings...), but I promise that I still check in!

I hope that all of you are doing okay. About to start up my game and use some new items that I nabbed from MTS! Toddler bed is what I'm most looking forward to! C:

I thought that was a bug thread??
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I love challenge files!

Do you mean the guy who kissed a strange kid's cheek? I thought it was weird to find that funny, but I'm glad something like the censored word doesn't exist in the sims.
    It's like all those people "treating" sim children in the park to win for TeamTreat and laughing about being able to give strange kids candy without anyone thinking it's weird. I don't find that funny (the reality is just too sad), but I wouldn't delete their comments if I could.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Clover24 and @SweetieKaye love your pictures and stories <3

I'm still under the weather so I'm here just not up to much!
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I don't miss anything because I'm still playing The sims 2 And 3!! And the very moment that one thing is that I want in TS4 is created, I will buy it.
  • Options
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    @Clover24 and @SweetieKaye love your pictures and stories <3

I'm still under the weather so I'm here just not up to much!

Get well spark!!

Check out this,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yss4yuuMX6c

WAY better than anything Maxis has ever put out. Even the fishing looks a lot better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqxNNkSPa0

I hope some day someone can make this level of detail in a life simulation game. Wouldn't that day be so great for all of us who deserve nothing but the best?

Kinda bummed out that the game comes out next year tho
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Spooky Stuff is the first SP to go on sale on Origin. It's also the newest. I wonder if that means it sold bad or if it's just because of Halloween.
    And if it's sold bad, does that mean people get tired of SPs or that the theme was plummy?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Spooky Stuff is the first SP to go on sale on Origin. It's also the newest. I wonder if that means it sold bad or if it's just because of Halloween.
    And if it's sold bad, does that mean people get tired of SPs or that the theme was plummy?
    Probably because the holiday is almost here, so like an event sale.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Anemone7 wrote: »

Ill go with @Scobre said. It gives them the perfect opportunity to boost thier sales.

@sparkfairy1 thanks huns. I hope you get better soon, drink looks of lemsip and snuggle on the sofa in front of a warm fire, if it was me id be dozing to indiana jones (i dont know what it is but it always makes me sleepy) ;)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So article today: http://www.thesims.com/news/jealous?utm_campaign=sims4-social-us-ic-tw-ts4-jealousyblog-tw-prev-site-sust&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=sims4-social-us-ic-tw-ts4-jealousyblog-tw-prev-site-sust&cid=46300&ts=1446051606597&sf41090130=1

Seems like jealousy is one of many reactions that will be seeing improvements. I really hope death reaction and wedding reaction gets updated too. I'd love to see parents cheer for their kids getting a good grade again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top