May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    @Anemone7 you've missed the threads I've seen. Really nasty hateful comments directed at the recipients of a gift. This image was stolen from her private social media account (not harvested from her public account) and then used to cause trouble.
    The Gurus came out to say it's not a hint and I'm not personally comfortable with allowing a private gift to be used in a way that could cause distress. Essentially the CEO'S wife is a victim of what's happened.

We were promised toddlers. We are allowed to be angry, annoyed and say so. I just don't think in this situation it helps our case to be using something stolen from a private account. We have enough valid reasons for our position in why we expect toddlers without it ;)

I don't want to repeat myself, but I don't think there is such a thing as a "private social media account". I of course know what you mean, but I guess you know my position on that.
    SimGuruDrake allows us to discuss about it, so I think as long as we don't say nasty things about the family, it's absolutely ok to "use" the picture as another argument showing we need toddlers, but I guess we just agree to disagree on that.

The thing where I agree, of course, is that sharing this picture does not say anything about the character of either the CEO or his wife and they should just not be a topic in the discussion (other than that the render was specifically made for them, to make clear it's not an official render).
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    @Anemone7 you've missed the threads I've seen. Really nasty hateful comments directed at the recipients of a gift. This image was stolen from her private social media account (not harvested from her public account) and then used to cause trouble.
    The Gurus came out to say it's not a hint and I'm not personally comfortable with allowing a private gift to be used in a way that could cause distress. Essentially the CEO'S wife is a victim of what's happened.

We were promised toddlers. We are allowed to be angry, annoyed and say so. I just don't think in this situation it helps our case to be using something stolen from a private account. We have enough valid reasons for our position in why we expect toddlers without it ;)

I don't want to repeat myself, but I don't think there is such a thing as a "private social media account". I of course know what you mean, but I guess you know my position on that.
    SimGuruDrake allows us to discuss about it, so I think as long as we don't say nasty things about the family, it's absolutely ok to "use" the picture as another argument showing we need toddlers, but I guess we just agree to disagree on that.

The thing where I agree, of course, is that sharing this picture does not say anything about the character of either the CEO or his wife and they should just not be a topic in the discussion (other than that the render was specifically made for them, to make clear it's not an official render).

And I understand and in a way I agree to some extent with the social media thing ;)

I just want to avoid the drama caused by people taking it as a personal slight from invading the thread. I'm just as annoyed as anyone that they refuse to talk and are trying to wiggle out of giving us what they promised but I think we have more than enough to support our position without all that :)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    > @starguru said:
    > Also love that pets can “sing” along with the radio, and it seems the alchemy shop really guy digs it! :lol: I have a pic from my baby challenge where the family’s pet cat is yowling along with the radio while three toddler werewolves howl at the full moon:

That picture is priceless. :D Too cute!
  • Options
    So, I got 30 Comments now, +50 Points and I've been around since 2014. Why am I still a new member? :/
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So, I got 30 Comments now, +50 Points and I've been around since 2014. Why am I still a new member? :/

My status took a few minutes to update itself. You could try logging out and logging back in, see if that helps speed up the process :)
  • Options
    CherbitDip wrote: »

My status took a few minutes to update itself. You could try logging out and logging back in, see if that helps speed up the process :)

IT WORKED. :smiley: I'm a member now! Will share my family shortly. ^^
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member

Yay!!
  • Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    I know this is so non related but I'm so hyped for this game !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqFhhz_7V0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdzWRbtUeT0

I finally feel so hyped and excited about a game. I miss this feeling.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Great pics everyone....
    oh how I need to find the time to play... but with all the paperwork I have to get through when i finish im struggling to fit it in. You guys are a welcome break inbetween the modules :)
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    Great pics everyone....
    oh how I need to find the time to play... but with all the paperwork I have to get through when i finish im struggling to fit it in. You guys are a welcome break inbetween the modules :)

College? I feel your pain. :wink:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

congratulation
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @Dakota88 wonderful pictures
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    @Dakota88 wonderful pictures

Thank you love.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wonderful pictures <3
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Sparkfairy already knows a bit about the family I am playing, but this is Lilia:

9D5ongt.jpg

Her dad is a single parent, because he has commitment issues, but he's happy living on his own with his daughter!

This is the house, made by yours truly!

HmfJwYt.jpg

And this is Lilia fast asleep:

3DbvbdS.jpg

I am really enjoying play this family :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    Sparkfairy already knows a bit about the family I am playing, but this is Lilia:

9D5ongt.jpg

Her dad is a single parent, because he has commitment issues, but he's happy living on his own with his daughter!

She's absolutely precious. Love their story. Please share more! :smile:
  • Options

9D5ongt.jpg

She's absolutely precious. Love their story. Please share more! :smile:

Thank you, glad you like the story and Lilia! I will share more :blush:

• Options
    Wonderful pictures <3

Thank you dear
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Dakota88 wonderful pictures and look forward to more.

@picklesthecat114 Lilia is adorable. I hope to see more of her and your family.
  • Options
    So cute @picklesthecat114 <3 That's a really cool house.

Thanks, though I don't think I'm a very good builder. Some more pictures of the house:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @picklesthecat114 Lilia is adorable. I hope to see more of her and your family.

You sure will :)

JkaU4QJ.jpg
    nfDbyoE.jpg
    QdrzQMB.jpg
    13Yyg8p.jpg

I didn't include the bathroom, because it was literally a shower, bath and toilet :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I must have been tired, I just woke up. Anyways cool thread I found about elders in general discussion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858809/elaborate-on-elders/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Great pics everyone....

College? I feel your pain. :wink:

Nah i passed my degree 3 yrs ago, this is a new job that consists of a lot of training modules :( luckily the job itself is great :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Today Lilia and dad went to the summer festival in Sunset Valley:

Looks like Lilia has made a new friend:
    NaqYFKv.jpg
    So has dad:
    4ZUHAbU.jpg
    DSA5Jk4.jpg
    b4j3Z3j.jpg
    But nothing can get in the way of Lilia and her dad's bond:
    4uYqNLU.jpg