March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voltron: Legendary Defender

mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
So @Kandy and I just found out with both love Voltron and we were wondering; are there any other Voltron fans here on the forums?

11559d24b15b21db5009b90e24090c83.gif

So come scream about Voltron with us and tell us your ships.
🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Comments

• KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    God this thread wouldn't load for half a second and I may have freaked out a bit. It loaded though! And now I'm ready to cry about Voltron with anyone that comes on over.

anywho @ everyone in the forums please come talk with me and minty about our obsession. I desperately need to relate to people

Right, on second thought, I may be coming off a little strong. I'm just gonna try and entice people w/ gifs of Best Paladin Hunk
    tumblr_o9vjzzhtc71vzt6l5o1_500.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited July 2017
    Us? Come on too strong? Never!

Also, you seem to be confused, Shiro is Best Paladin.

17e0a6371f8b4a1933371f9d36148f5c.jpg

Obviously :love:
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited July 2017
    oh my god?? did you see this? it's so cool. I'm not sure if it works on mobile though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PqzV3WW0gI
    Kandy wrote: »
    oh my god?? did you see this? it's so cool. I'm not sure if it works on mobile though

Ah, that's so cool! But also, kind of anti-climatic? I expected a little bit more, considering the length of the vid.

I found this while I was looking for a pic of Shiro.

185d5421aed801a387a4354f168b3735--shiro-voltron-hot-the-lie.jpg

Josh Keaton knows what's up lol :p
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    Well I used to watch the original Voltron when I was a kid and I remember owning all the cats and how massive the toy was when fully assembled. I don't remember much more though. I did see an episode or two of the new one but I didn't get into it before DC announced that Young Justice season 3 won't be coming to Netflix and I canceled my sub in frustration.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
    edited July 2017

Ah, that's so cool! But also, kind of anti-climatic? I expected a little bit more, considering the length of the vid.

I've never seen one of those 360 videos before so I was pretty impressed lol. But yeah the cabins a little bare. Still, just getting to move around the cabin w/ my mouse was enough for me to start screeching lol

D u d e Josh Keaton's Twitter account is my LIFE. Him, Bex, Taylor, Jeremy, and Kimberley are amazing! Sad that Steven Yeun never really shows up for anything. But honestly as long as I have Taylor and Bex's interviews and Josh's Twitter account, I'm satisfied.

@A_Culler what?? I thought that show was super popular. Why would they cancel it?

Edit: askdkekdh I just looked at Josh's Twitter header and Steven is photoshopped in?? I can't. Steven really is a freaking cryptid. This cast is too much for me.

I've never seen one of those 360 videos before so I was pretty impressed lol. But yeah the cabins a little bare. Still, just getting to move around the cabin w/ my mouse was enough for me to start screeching lol

D u d e Josh Keaton's Twitter account is my LIFE. Him, Bex, Taylor, Jeremy, and Kimberley are amazing! Sad that Steven Yeun never really shows up for anything. But honestly as long as I have Taylor and Bex's interviews and Josh's Twitter account, I'm satisfied.

@A_Culler what?? I thought that show was super popular. Why would they cancel it?

Edit: askdkekdh I just looked at Josh's Twitter header and Steven is photoshopped in?? I can't. Steven really is a freaking cryptid. This cast is too much for me.

I believe Voltron was viewed as a Transformers rip off. Don't Dan and Phil have a 360 video?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    @Kandy They are still doing season 3, it just won't be coming to Netflix. From what little I read it looks like DC (which I believe is owned by Warner Brothers now) is going to try and launch their own streaming service. The worse part is I can't even be that mad or say it's a bad call and smugly wait for it's failure given the amazing quality and ever grow library of DC animated movies.

edited July 2017
    A_Culler wrote: »
    Well I used to watch the original Voltron when I was a kid and I remember owning all the cats and how massive the toy was when fully assembled. I don't remember much more though. I did see an episode or two of the new one but I didn't get into it before DC announced that Young Justice season 3 won't be coming to Netflix and I canceled my sub in frustration.

This does not surprise me, what with you being a billion years old and all. :p They've actually added some of the old episodes to Netflix (under the name Voltron 84) I only got about 10 minutes in to the first one and turned it off. It definitely has that unmistakable 80s cartoon vibe.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited July 2017

I believe Voltron was viewed as a Transformers rip off. Don't Dan and Phil have a 360 video?

I've never seen any Transformers stuff so I'm not sure if that's accurate. But I can see where that comes from for sure lol. And I'll need to look for that D&P video.
    @Kandy They are still doing season 3, it just won't be coming to Netflix. From what little I read it looks like DC (which I believe is owned by Warner Brothers now) is going to try and launch their own streaming service. The worse part is I can't even be that mad or say it's a bad call and smugly wait for it's failure given the amazing quality and ever grow library of DC animated movies.

Ugh that really sucks :/ luckily it's being picked up by a decent studio (or at least I'm assuming, based on what you said). They can't completely trash it, right? Still though, I totally don't understand why Netflix would do that. It seems so weird to air the other seasons and not season 3 on Netflix.

This does not surprise me, what with you being a billion years old and all. :p They've actually added some of the old episodes to Netflix (under the name Voltron 84) I only got about 10 minutes in to the first one and turned it off. It definitely has that unmistakable 80s cartoon vibe.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 the 80s version is hilarious. Like I get that it was people's childhoods and all, but man is the original weird. And 80s Allura... yeesh.

I've never seen any Transformers stuff so I'm not sure if that's accurate. But I can see where that comes from for sure lol. And I'll need to look for that D&P video.

Ugh that really plum :/ luckily it's being picked up by a decent studio (or at least I'm assuming, based on what you said). They can't completely trash it, right? Still though, I totally don't understand why Netflix would do that. It seems so weird to air the other seasons and not season 3 on Netflix.

plum the 80s version is hilarious. Like I get that it was people's childhoods and all, but man is the original weird. And 80s Allura... yeesh.

84's Allura is why we need feminism. And Pidge's voice [shudders].
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    @mintycupcake Yep, I don't typically rewatch stuff from my childhood. Very few cartoons retain their shine outside of the nostalgia dimension, but hey not every show can be Gummi Bears or Tailspin.

@Kandy I don't believe it was a choice on Netflix part. I think it's more likely WB said, Oh hey thanks for showing us a 3rd season will be profitable Netflix. You didn't want any of the money, right? KTHANKSBYE!

edited July 2017
    @mintycupcake Yep, I don't typically rewatch stuff from my childhood. Very few cartoons retain their shine outside of the nostalgia dimension, but hey not every show can be Gummi Bears or Tailspin.

@Kandy I don't believe it was a choice on Netflix part. I think it's more likely WB said, Oh hey thanks for showing us a 3rd season will be profitable Netflix. You didn't want any of the money, right? KTHANKSBYE!

Tailspin was great! I know I watched Gummi Bears, but I don't remember it at all.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    @Kandy happy 1 week until season 3 of Voltron is released day!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

!! To celebrate I'm gonna go watch Jeremy Shada's "birthday livestream" (cause I guess today is Lance's birthday) in like three minutes!!
    edited July 2017

!! To celebrate I'm gonna go watch Jeremy Shada's "birthday livestream" (cause I guess today is Lance's birthday) in like three minutes!!

Yay!

tenor.gif
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited July 2017
    Btw, the Instragram user I follow is Elentori. If you don't follow her already, she's kind of terrific.

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    edited July 2017
    Darn that livestream was so short :( they only did like six fan questions.

Omg I LOVE her stuff!! I've seen her fanart for Watercast and she's AMAZING! I had no idea she had an Instagram though (I've only seen her stuff here and there). Excuse me while I go cry and like everything of hers

Honestly this is making me wanna create a Voltron fan account so that I can just stalk her stuff.
    Darn that livestream was so short :( they only did like six fan questions.

Omg I LOVE her stuff!! I've seen her fanart for Watercast and she's AMAZING! I had no idea she had an Instagram though (I've only seen her stuff here and there). Excuse me while I go cry and like everything of hers

Honestly this is making me wanna create a Voltron fan account so that I can just stalk her stuff.

Aw, that was short. I'm sorry! :(

Yay for stalking!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Right before I woke up, I was dreaming I was eating surprise bread in the shape of lions and each one had a Paladin theme. I got Pidge (lime jelly) and Hunk (banana cream). And I just feel like this such a cute idea and I may actually have to make it?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    Right before I woke up, I was dreaming I was eating surprise bread in the shape of lions and each one had a Paladin theme. I got Pidge (lime jelly) and Hunk (banana cream). And I just feel like this such a cute idea and I may actually have to make it?

I'm not sure that was a dream. It sounds more like a prophecy guiding you to forge a better world.

I'm not sure that was a dream. It sounds more like a prophecy guiding you to forge a better world.

I think you may be right, so I'm researching recipes right now. :o
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Omg I'm expecting pictures when this is done. That sounds delicious! @A_Culler is definitely right-you're making the world a better place.

Omg I'm expecting pictures when this is done. That sounds delicious! A_Culler is definitely right-you're making the world a better place.

I'm having a bit of trouble, as there's no such thing as lime jelly(but I found a recipe for lime curd, though I'll have to make it myself) and banana cream is apparently just bananas and vanilla pudding, which I have mixed feelings over. I've decided on Shiro (black currant jam) and Lance (blueberry), but I can't decide if Keith should be raspberry, strawberry, or cherry. I'm leaning towards strawberry, though, because we already have strawberry jelly, apparently. Although I'm not sure it's fair to make Keith strawberry just because it's what we have on hand.

Hmm? What's the sound? Oh nothing, just my heart melting.

e5e30683f7a7ac01b1673f2e704c96ff.jpg

:love:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Omg I'm expecting pictures when this is done. That sounds delicious! A_Culler is definitely right-you're making the world a better place.

I'm having a bit of trouble, as there's no such thing as lime jelly(but I found a recipe for lime curd, though I'll have to make it myself) and banana cream is apparently just bananas and vanilla pudding, which I have mixed feelings over. I've decided on Shiro (black currant jam) and Lance (blueberry), but I can't decide if Keith should be raspberry, strawberry, or cherry. I'm leaning towards strawberry, though, because we already have strawberry jelly, apparently. Although I'm not sure it's fair to make Keith strawberry just because it's what we have on hand.

Hmm? What's the sound? Oh nothing, just my heart melting.

e5e30683f7a7ac01b1673f2e704c96ff.jpg

:love:

mixed feelings about the banana or the pudding? Heh, I love both so you can totally send Hunk's my way. Also, my vote's on raspberry or strawberry for Keith. Not cherry though. Cherries are disgusting :neutral:

Oh. My. God. That is so cute!! Pidge in a dress is my favorite thing ever :heart: and they both look so adorably happy!