Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,695 Member
    Visanny wrote: »
    I'm so happy I found this thread, I didn't think I would find anything like this here :]

I am feeling really anxious this week. My nephew was killed in a traffic accident where he was hit by a truck and his one year memorial is coming up. I lost my grandpa when I was younger and he was like a father to me and after the loss of my nephew I feel sick to my stomach every time these days come around. My family is coming to town too that day and while it's nice to have everyone here, I just get busy trying to make sure everyone else is happy and arranging for everyone's stay and it ends up with me bottling up all of my feelings. Honestly I just want that day to be over already.

Hello @Visanny. I send big hugs to you ! <3 It is especially hard when there are anniversary dates of when our loved ones have passed away or when their birthdays are. We remember our loved ones who have passed away each day, but on certain days we feel the pain of them not being with us even more. I am so sorry to hear that your nephew was killed in a traffic accident. It would have been a very traumatic year that your family has been undergoing. It is nice that your family is visiting you this week. You will be able to support and help each other through this anniversary time. You can share hugs and loving concern for each other. It is understandable that you feel anxious that you want everything to go alright and for people to feel welcome in your home, and at the same time are needing to cope with your grief and the strain and pressure of all the organising. Your loved ones love you for you! You don't need to try to fix up the home or organise big meals. The main thing is for you all just to talk together, cry together, laugh together, share times together, remember memories together. I will keep you in my thoughts. Try to take time to relax. The stress of your feelings inside can make your mind and body feel unwell. Try to take time just to do something you enjoy doing yourself. Ask other people to also help you prepare for your family coming, and also on the day.
    I send more hugs to you <3

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Visanny wrote: »
    I'm so happy I found this thread, I didn't think I would find anything like this here :]

I am feeling really anxious this week. My nephew was killed in a traffic accident where he was hit by a truck and his one year memorial is coming up. I lost my grandpa when I was younger and he was like a father to me and after the loss of my nephew I feel sick to my stomach every time these days come around. My family is coming to town too that day and while it's nice to have everyone here, I just get busy trying to make sure everyone else is happy and arranging for everyone's stay and it ends up with me bottling up all of my feelings. Honestly I just want that day to be over already.
    I understand that feeling. Maybe you could try to do something happy to take your mind off of it until the day does come up.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    VisannyVisanny Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi guys and thanks for the kind words <3

My family is helpful when it comes to cleaning and cooking and sharing everything practical that needs to be done. It's more that a few of them have big personalities and have a hard time getting along and so I end up trying to fluff everyone's feathers and trying to be the middle man and make everyone get along. It's exhausting enough during regular visits but especially on days like this. I am glad that I don't have to be alone though and hopefully everyone can manage to put away their own disagreements and ill feelings towards each other this time.
    banner2.png
  • Options
    VisannyVisanny Posts: 66 Member
    That was weird. Only half of my post posted.

My family is helpful when it comes to cleaning and cooking and sharing everything practical that needs to be done. It's more that a few of them have big personalities and have a hard time getting along and so I end up trying to fluff everyone's feathers and trying to be the middle man and make everyone get along. It's exhausting enough during regular visits but especially on days like this. I am glad that I don't have to be alone though and hopefully everyone can manage to put away their own disagreements and ill feelings towards each other this time.
    banner2.png
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited September 2015
    :) .....
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Hello everyone <3 Hugs for everyone. Extra hugs for those who are going through a hard time.
  • Options
    cristill13 wrote: »
    Hello everyone <3 Hugs for everyone. Extra hugs for those who are going through a hard time.

Hello @cristill13 :) Thankyou for the hugs. I send hugs back to you <3
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    We have had some bad news, two family members have cancer and are terminal. I am in a bit of shock and very upset.
  • Options
    radisbusyradisbusy Posts: 21 Member
    Rose you are so kind to start this thread. I found your thread today. :)
    May we all find strength and encouragement to overcome our struggles.
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    We have had some bad news, two family members have cancer and are terminal. I am in a bit of shock and very upset.

Hello @Clarkie100. I am sorry to hear that two of your family members have terminal cancer. I send big hugs to you <3 It is upsetting news for you to hear about your loved ones. I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending another hug to you <3.
  • Options
    radisbusy wrote: »
    Rose you are so kind to start this thread. I found your thread today. :)
    May we all find strength and encouragement to overcome our struggles.

Hello @radisbusy. :) Thankyou very much for your kind and caring words to everyone. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member

Hearing such news is always the worst. Take your time with them. My uncle died last summer of cancer and before I went and visit him as much as I could, I'll never be sorry for that. The only strange thing is I never got a change to say goodbey, we both were like see you soon last time I've seen him, but he's at peace now. I hope I haven't saddened you more :S just, enjoy your time with them!!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    @Clarkie100, I'm sorry to hear about your two family members have to deal with cancer. Your in my thoughts and I sympathize with what you're going through. My sister has passed from this dreadful disease and my brother is now in the hospital struggling with the same disease that has taken our sister. A lot of people has beaten this disease so try to keep the faith. I send hugs and best wishes to you and your family <3 .
  • Options
    @rosemow, You're a true humanitarian. Your compassion knows no bounds. Definition of humanitarian : A person who SEEKS to reduce human suffering and improve life for human beings. I would love to have the ability and strength that you show day in and day out. I tried to visit this thread everyday so I could participate in comforting others who are going through hard times. I found that their worries and pains were weighing on me way to much. I found myself feeling anxious and my physical pain would increase as well. Of course I'll never stop trying to comfort other, but just in smaller doses. You have to be a special kind of person to be as you are. Today I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your devotion and commitment to others. You truly are a wonderful person o:) .
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    Hi, everyone! Dropping in to give hugs to those who need it and send healing wishes. I'm sorry to see that so many are having a rough time and have learned of some bad news. You're in my thoughts. Always.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    cristill13 wrote: »
    @rosemow, You're a true humanitarian. Your compassion knows no bounds. Definition of humanitarian : A person who SEEKS to reduce human suffering and improve life for human beings. I would love to have the ability and strength that you show day in and day out. I tried to visit this thread everyday so I could participate in comforting others who are going through hard times. I found that their worries and pains were weighing on me way to much. I found myself feeling anxious and my physical pain would increase as well. Of course I'll never stop trying to comfort other, but just in smaller doses. You have to be a special kind of person to be as you are. Today I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your devotion and commitment to others. You truly are a wonderful person o:) .

Hello @cristill13. Thank you so very much for your very special and lovely words. I appreciate very much what you have written. Thank you <3
    I am sorry to hear that your brother has cancer. I send big hugs to you. <3 It is hard when our loved ones are unwell, and we don't like them having to undergo pain and suffer through disease. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. You are a very special and caring person. I send special thoughts to you as you live each day by day with your own health issues and the pain.
  • Options
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! Dropping in to give hugs to those who need it and send healing wishes. I'm sorry to see that so many are having a rough time and have learned of some bad news. You're in my thoughts. Always.

Hello @Kaike78. Thank you very much for your caring and kind words and hugs to everyone. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    SsimSsuseSsimSsuse Posts: 117 Member
    Since 11/29/2014 I have a facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy) on my right side of the face! I do not know if anyone here know this disease? That was not a good time for me and it has not yet healed. But life goes on.
    Simblr: zimzuze
      Gallery: SsimSsuse
      Showcase: Ssuse's Sims Showcase
      pizap.com14427403434031_zpspcraq5ca.jpg~original
    • Options
      SsimSsuse wrote: »
      Since 11/29/2014 I have a facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy) on my right side of the face! I do not know if anyone here know this disease? That was not a good time for me and it has not yet healed. But life goes on.

Hello @SsimSsuse. I send big hugs to you as you live day by day with Bell's Palsy. <3 I do know the disease. I hope that each week may bring further healing for you. It is not nice that you are living with and affected by this health condition. I send special thoughts to you. Another hug as well <3
    • Options
      SsimSsuseSsimSsuse Posts: 117 Member
      Thank you for your kind Words @rosemow and i'm glad that someone know this disease, there where i come from the disease is still very unknown and no one can really help you! :/
      Simblr: zimzuze
        Gallery: SsimSsuse
        Showcase: Ssuse's Sims Showcase
        pizap.com14427403434031_zpspcraq5ca.jpg~original
      • Options
        SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
        Oh no! *hugs* I'm so sorry. :( *hugs*
        SsimSsuse wrote: »
        *hugs* I don't know it, but I think I understand what you're saying. Means you can't move the right side of your face at all, correct? I'm sorry that you have to live with that -- maybe some day a cure will be found for it.
        ~Open your mind before your mouth~
        Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
        Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
      • Options
        Thank you @rosemow for caring. @SsimSsuse , My brother-in -law has been dealing with Bell's Palsy. I don't know much about it, but I know that his facial expression has returned. I send my best wishes and positive thought to you.
      • Options
        SWSRogueLeaderSWSRogueLeader Posts: 144 Member
        To Marion (@SsimSsuse): *Hugs*
      This discussion has been closed.
      Return to top