Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Wow, what happened last night! I sign off and you guys got a guru! I could almost feel tears of frustration while reading all posts :dizzy: must remember to stay awake in future :tongue:

@bekkasan and @HappySimmer3 the pics, they are lovely. *have a chocolate penny for your simming activities*

And finally @SimGuruDrake please dont be a stranger for too long and please pop in more often, as it makes us all feel that little bit better knowing someone is looking in. Its been a long while since someone has :)
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    A cute and amusing thing from my game today. My sim (Shannon Arkers, with a few tweaks) seems to be giving the floating puppy a strange look :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    They're at my rebuilt Duke of Bows Renaissance Fair. Every lot in my Dragon Valley Game pretty much needs to serve as many purposes as possible, so I am rebuilding as I go. I added quite a lot, including a wedding area, bar, LLAMA, some pet basics, fairy house, fish and insect spawners, fresh produce stalls, chess boards and a lot of flowers, lol. I'm planning a wedding there tomorrow :sweat_smile:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Frogprincess_q Nice pictures :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, please note that we really appreciate you taking the time to check in on us. Running the forums, from both the technical standpoint and the social standpoint is quite a daunting task.

As @sparkfairy1 and @Scobre and others have pointed out, we "family players" feel sad and disappointed due to how we have been treated in the general parts of the Forum outside of this thread. We know that you personally have little or no control over the game development itself, but if you could make those who do aware, that is a step in the right direction.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake, please note that we really appreciate you taking the time to check in on us. Running the forums, from both the technical standpoint and the social standpoint is quite a daunting task.

As @sparkfairy1 and @Scobre and others have pointed out, we "family players" feel sad and disappointed due to how we have been treated in the general parts of the Forum outside of this thread. We know that you personally have little or no control over the game development itself, but if you could make those who do aware, that is a step in the right direction.

I agree, it seems unfair that after a whole year, a large number of players are being ignored and this must be the biggest thread on the forums, more than 900 pages which is full of players concerns and wishes and the fact that this thread has been ignore for so long is worrying

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Well I didn't get a pm from @SimGuruDrake but I decided to send one anyway.

I said it is never a case that we here mean to target a Guru and when we say you we actually mean the company they work for and the team. Thought that was important to reiterate :) sadly as the only representatIves who are supposed to be 'accessible' naturally people will hope to hear news, reassurance etc from them. That is not happening. We give, give, give but get nothing in return.

I then told exactly why so many of us feel the way we do and what kind of general attitude prevalent on these forums and elsewhere where people who are putting their heart and soul into giving feedback are subject to name calling, inferences that they only like to complain and 'don't derserve' to get what they are looking for and variations on that theme.

People are not upset for any other reason that they have being doing their utmost and the perception of indifference from EA has caused huge problems with trust amongst those who hoped for better. EA has to power to deal at any time, and quite frankly they choose not to and instead use any excuse to try to excuse themselves from answering these fundamental issues.

It's a very poor customer experience-and the prevalence of accusations as to why people feel that way from other people-and even from the powers at be at EA itself has compounded the problem. Actually I very much believe those dismissive comments from EA are a huge part of the problem because it signals that it's appropriate for people to do that. And it's wholly inappropriate. EA should know better-they are a successful company who should be doing much, much better given Andrew Wilson's promises of 'player first' culture.

They should appreciate all feedback and act to prevent people being 'written off' just because they say what EA don't want to hear.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Wow pretty sad how Sims 4 players are described as based on those stats: http://www.lazygamer.net/ea/the-sims-4-players-are-a-bunch-of-unrealistic-romantics/

This is sad but true of this article: http://www.ibtimes.com/sims-4-players-have-woohoo-ed-had-sex-235-million-times-ea-2082285 "The stats were interesting, and most importantly show just how closely EA tracks players’ every move."

Interesting the comments in this one too: http://www.pcgamer.com/sims-4-year-one-lots-of-sex-not-much-death/

@SimGuruDrake These are just a few examples of things that are out there in regards to news about the Sims. It isn't always cheerful or upbuilding.

> But its the truth.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    crockatail wrote: »
    These are the Sims games that's on my pc The Sims Castaway Stories, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. And since I'd removed Sims 4 I'm more happy than when Sims 4 was installed in my pc. Even if they said we'll going to give toddlers to you. I can no longer trust them without questioning their motives.

>the one who zagadoo me on this statement you don't know me in my personal life. You don't know how I feel about many things in my own life. What little you know about me is posted on this site and Its Not Much. While I will permit the other zadagoos, this one I won't. And to my trusting someone .Trust Must Be Earned,not given blindly.You may not like it But Its the Truth and its Highly Logical.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • Options
    These are the Sims games that's on my pc The Sims Castaway Stories, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. And since I'd removed Sims 4 I'm more happy than when Sims 4 was installed in my pc. Even if they said we'll going to give toddlers to you. I can't no longer trust them without questioning their motives.

>the one who zagadoo me on this statement you don't know me in my personal life. You don't know how I feel about many things in my own life. What little you know about me is posted on this site and Its Not Much. While I will permit the other zadagoos, this one I won't. And to my trusting someone .Trust Must Be Earned,not given blindly.You may not like it But Its the Truth and its Highly Logical.

Ignore it @crockatail they are not worth your time, effort or worry :)
  • Options
    A cute and amusing thing from my game today. My sim (Shannon Arkers, with a few tweaks) seems to be giving the floating puppy a strange look :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    They're at my rebuilt Duke of Bows Renaissance Fair. Every lot in my Dragon Valley Game pretty much needs to serve as many purposes as possible, so I am rebuilding as I go. I added quite a lot, including a wedding area, bar, LLAMA, some pet basics, fairy house, fish and insect spawners, fresh produce stalls, chess boards and a lot of flowers, lol. I'm planning a wedding there tomorrow :sweat_smile:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Wow cool @Frogprincess_q :) I do that too! There are only so many 64x64 or large lots and if you have a great deal of store venues theres not enough room!
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I was thinking on the way home last night (long drive on mostly deserted backroads) and I really wish that Sims 4 had restored the old personality point system, fleshing it out further with traits. It would have made for wonderfully variably sims and interesting family play, since children inherited their personalities from one or both parents but the traits were player picked (or random if they aged up poorly) and could differ greatly between parent/child or siblings. A Sports-fan sim, for instance loves talking about, watching and playing sports. An Active Sports-fan sim would be more likely to want to play sports, go to the park where the basket ball court is, go bowling, etc. A Lazy one, conversely would be more drawn to the TV to watch (or how about a sports channel on the radio?). One could go further, and have an Outgoing, Active Sports-fan looking for team-games and a Shy, Active one tending more towards golf, or tennis. An Outgoing, Lazy Sports-fan could wish to go the the Stadium, if there was one, to watch a game, or to the park to watch other sims playing on the basketball or tennis courts. Sigh. This is the sort of improvement I'd expected to see with Sims 4, and still has lots of room for sims quirkiness. A grouchy 'Dislikes children' sim could rebuff a child's attempt to interact, and kick at children's toys (not to damage or knock over, necessarily, just to register their dislike). But how would a Nice 'Dislikes children' sim react?
  • Options
    These are the Sims games that's on my pc The Sims Castaway Stories, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. And since I'd removed Sims 4 I'm more happy than when Sims 4 was installed in my pc. Even if they said we'll going to give toddlers to you. I can't no longer trust them without questioning their motives.

Ignore it @crockatail they are not worth your time, effort or worry :)

> Thank You,I will do so.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    My mum stole my child for the day..... mmmmm! What do i do now? ;)
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »

Yay sims time <3
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »

Yay sims time <3

> I'll second it.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I just read some german fb comments below the official german sims profile posts and the majority there is actually always moaning because of Sims 4 missing pets and weather. Toddlers also get mentioned often, but the other part was just so surprising for me.
    I wonder if those fb users are responsible for the whole "Sims players only moan because EP stuff is missing"-plum-statements?!
    I wish EA would realize our group is different from that....

(Though i'm not saying it is unreasonable to be angry you always have to pay for those each iteration, i would just wish they could cut that down a notch concerning TS4. It's clear we won't get that for free this time around and the big two will always come eventually. You don't need to ask for those over and over again, while it remains questionable if toddlers get added for free)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Great pics! I would love to have a floating puppy!! I usually rebuild most of my community parks and lots too. I'm playing in Lucky Palms right now and it is a quiet little town compared to some. I did stop SP from emigrating though so it would stay small and not get too large for my puter. I'm planning on having my current family visit your Aussie world as a vacation world to start with and maybe emigrate. I have a hard time keeping a family in one town. I get ideas and just move 'em.
    marcellala wrote: »
    I just read some german fb comments below the official german sims profile posts and the majority there is actually always moaning because of Sims 4 missing pets and weather. Toddlers also get mentioned often, but the other part was just so surprising for me.
    I wonder if those fb users are responsible for the whole "Sims players only moan because EP stuff is missing"-plum-statements?!
    I wish EA would realize our group is different from that....

(Though i'm not saying it is unreasonable to be angry you always have to pay for those each iteration, i would just wish they could cut that down a notch concerning TS4. It's clear we won't get that for free this time around and the big two will always come eventually. You don't need to ask for those over and over again, while it remains questionable if toddlers get added for free)

I see the occasional comment from the odd simmer wanting pets or weather or supernaturals that normally come in EP's. It doesn't take much for the PTB's to apparently use those comments against the whole community as if we are all unreasonable because we want a base game that is complete and not empty as the Sims4 base is and was. I probably would have bought Sims4 if it had been marketed as a new approach and side game and not marketed as a sequel but a replacement game until they could really get the 'real sims 4' finished. I don't think I would have bought any of the other stuff as it doesn't seem to have really helped the game be any better though.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    @bekkasan It's cool you're still staying strong at boycotting the entire game, but come here to voice your concerns :)
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hey all! How's everyone doing?

Did I miss any 1st anniversary awesome items? Or any items at all? ...
  • Options

Nope. Just a competition where you may win 'swag'. And a tiny bug fix patch.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    "Swag." Rhymes with "gag." Ugh.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    @bekkasan It's cool you're still staying strong at boycotting the entire game, but come hear to voice your concerns :)

Sometimes when I think about it too much, I just want to cry. I was so disappointed that so much was taken away from the series that I loved playing. I was so excited that I was going to be a part of it from the beginning as I wasn't with Sims 3 and missed out on some of the special one time items. I still have hopes and dreams for the future version or another companies version and I stay because of those hopes and because of all the awesome people I have met here and would miss y'all very much. It is funny, my hubby had thought I would give in and buy it. I absolutely forbid him to buy it for me. I think the more I hear, read and see the more my resolve stays strong to not buy into the version. I will wait for Sims 5 and will not pre-order that one either!! My hopes are that another company will take on a sandbox simulator game and I can invest my time and money there. I stay happily playing Sims3 and have started playing Sims2 to see what I missed out on from it. I was lucky enough to get the free version when it was out and finally got it to work on my puter.

Did you see Rachel's Sims4 year epic blog? It was interesting, comments were much more fun to read :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top