Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    bekkasan wrote: »
    oh, my, I would most certainly think that @simgurudrake and all her cohorts would much rather read the rather tame comments that we make compared to some of those I just read from other sites. I'm all grown up and more than middle aged and use some juicy language at times (mostly under my breath) and was really shocked at the way some expressed themselves although I have to admit I agreed with the premise just not necessarily the presentation.

I agree. I'm not into that style either! Which makes it even more ridiculous they wont talk on this thread!

I have cohorts?! But on a more serious note: I feel like I am missing context here, can someone explain?
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Whoa! A wild @SimGuruDrake appeared!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    oh, my, I would most certainly think that @simgurudrake and all her cohorts would much rather read the rather tame comments that we make compared to some of those I just read from other sites. I'm all grown up and more than middle aged and use some juicy language at times (mostly under my breath) and was really shocked at the way some expressed themselves although I have to admit I agreed with the premise just not necessarily the presentation.

I agree. I'm not into that style either! Which makes it even more ridiculous they wont talk on this thread!

I have cohorts?! But on a more serious note: I feel like I am missing context here, can someone explain?

Do you not read the forums? We shouldn't have to explain. Not that you actually reply to us anyway...

--T
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Well that was unexpected...
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @simgurudrake I was commenting about some of the comments i saw on various sites around the web in response to Rachels anniversary update. Some were not very nice at all and quite explicit with language. I think we are quite tame in comparison and thought you guys would much rather read our comments than those 'naughty' ones. :) That is all.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @simgurudrake I was commenting about some of the comments i saw on various sites around the web in response to Rachels anniversary update. Some were not very nice at all and quite explicit with language. I think we are quite tame in comparison and thought you guys would much rather read our comments than those 'naughty' ones. :) That is all.

Exactly @bekkasan well said!
    Oh and feel free to surprise us. It's what we've been hoping for these past twelve months.
    edited September 2015
    It seems @SimGuruDrake took of as quickly and unexpectedly as he arrived. You know SimGuruDrake, we aren't being like this because of some personal dislike we have for your guys, but can't you just for once actually LISTEN to us and tell us wether you actually plan on fixing this game or not? Don't be scared, we don't bite. If you are keeping this game as "The Party Simulator" then plumming tell us so we can actually walk away from this wreck of a game rather than sit here holding on for a miracle.

Also, even if you did add toddlers, I don't even think I can enjoy this game any more, because quite frankly, you've pushed me away.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Well said @sparkfairy1 and I really hope @SimGuruDrake does in fact PM you. cause I'm sure you have copies of all of the great feedback people have been putting into these 925 pages. How EA/Maxis are just overlooking all of these concerns really just baffle's me. As I said many times before- I can't speak for everyone else but for me its no longer a "no toddlers in game" issue. its really about the silent treatment and the 400 ft ice wall (yeah like game of thrones) EA have put up to wedge a distance between them and their customers.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    It seems @SimGuruDrake took of as quickly and unexpectedly as he arrived. You know SimGuruDrake, we aren't being like this because of some personal dislike we have for your guys, but can't you just for once actually LISTEN to us and tell us wether you actually plan on fixing this game or not? Don't be scared, we don't bite. If you are keeping this game as "The Party Simulator" then plumming tell us so we can actually walk away from this wreck of a game rather than sit here holding on for a miracle.

> I've been calling the Sims 4 by a new name"The Sims Partying It Up".

Also, even if you did add toddlers, I don't even think I can enjoy this game any more, because quite frankly, you've pushed me away.

No its not. Quite the opposite. In fact I'm rather fond of a few gurus personally. However that doesn't erase the feeling of being shoved aside and ignored for a year, and doesn't give those of us who bought but can't play our money back. And where is the thank you for all your feedback? Your questionnaires? Did anyone come by to tell us how valued our time was? No.

They were so full of promises to keep our preorders and sales-but then once they had our money they zipped their lips. Can't talk about future content? Well I see them doing it and discussing all other sorts of content on twitter. Toddlers? They don't even acknowledge those tweets or comments. It's like the twilight zone!

It's like those of us who love toddlers and family play are the banished of the community. That's what it feels like. All the while we are subject to accusations from EA of 'wanting EP content' in interviews which pours salt on the wound.

No, we dont, and your forums show that if you read them. We are asking for a basic staple of the BASE game that is still missing.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    crockatail wrote: »

I used to refer to it as 'The Sims Social' ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    IF there is plans of family play in the future then there should have been a better plan for releasing content. Instead of PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY, they could have mixed it up and released party then family content then back to party.... or something.
    That with the added silence on any and all family play questions and issues (*cough*culling*cough), leaves players to think they don't give a red plumbob about us family players.
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"

Could you provide me links in a PM to the articles you are referring to?
    edited September 2015

No its not. Quite the opposite. In fact I'm rather fond of a few gurus personally. However that doesn't erase the feeling of being shoved aside and ignored for a year, and doesn't give those of us who bought but can't play our money back. And where is the thank you for all your feedback? Your questionnaires? Did anyone come by to tell us how valued our time was? No.

They were so full of promises to keep our preorders and sales-but then once they had our money they zipped their lips. Can't talk about future content? Well I see them doing it and discussing all other sorts of content on twitter. Toddlers? They don't even acknowledge those tweets or comments. It's like the twilight zone!

It's like those of us who love toddlers and family play are the banished of the community. That's what it feels like. All the while we are subject to accusations from EA of 'wanting EP content' in interviews which pours salt on the wound.

No, we dont, and your forums show that if you read them. We are asking for a basic staple of the BASE game that is still missing.

Exactly. Was it @SimGuruRachel that said they would fix the game with EP content? Personally, I find that unacceptable.
    If I was to buy a book, and half of the chapters were missing, would is be okay for the seller to go, "Oh, that doesn't matter, the sequel is even better, buy that!"?

The SimGuru's seem like friendly and outgoing people, and I'm not saying they aren't, but they certainly don't interact with their fanbase (or in my case "ex fanbase", there, I said it) well.
    crockatail wrote: »

I used to refer to it as 'The Sims Social' ;)

> How about the Sims Social Part 2. Since the first Sims Social was on Facebook and didn't last for long.

Could you provide me links in a PM to the articles you are referring to?

The blog post for the anniversary, and assorted fan comments on news outlets and social media. I'm sorry but it's impossible to link to all I've seen, but you should be able to see them on the sims official posts on various platforms.
    We are very polite here, and work hard to be inclusive yet the same result happens. Nothing.
    manda9801 wrote: »
    IF there is plans of family play in the future then there should have been a better plan for releasing content. Instead of PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY, they could have mixed it up and released party then family content then back to party.... or something.
    That with the added silence on any and all family play questions and issues (*cough*culling*cough), leaves players to think they don't give a red plumbob about us family players.

Exactly. They should SEE how people are feeling here and elsewhere and ACT. Not pretend like we never said anything or don't exist.

The context is that for months people have been literally heartbroken by the way family players have been overlooked, ignored and pushed aside in favour of everyone else.

@SimGuruDrake this is a difficult position you've been put into but quite frankly the response from the team to this thread and the wonderful people who have provided fantastic feedback has been woefully inadequate and has been very upsetting for many family players. We have spent a year waiting for something, anything from you guys and what do we get?

A family tree. One we celebrated and where we were promised it would track ten generations either way. Then we found out culling makes it worse than useless. Changing sims portraits to soulless default silhouettes.

We've had absolutely no communication here or apology from @SimGuruRachel despite all that people have done to try to help you guys. We've had a year of waiting for better and constantly being disappointed. Of being subject to abuse for even asking for information on toddlers.

I can no longer defend EA. As someone who has worked in customer service and promotion this is the worst experience or example of customer service I have ever seen. I spent months advocating for patience and many will tell you here I helped keep them here when the got low and ready to give up. Where's the love sims team? Not for me, for family players as a whole.

Frankly I'm disappointed you don't realise this has been an issue since you even began here. It's been obvious and something the team should have briefed you on.
    If you need any further information on exactly why I, and my experience of watching and looking after this thread, many others have lost our patience these past few months you can reach me at pm.

I was remarking on the post I was tagged in by @bekkasan

If you have been subject to abuse here in the forums (it's a large forum and I don't always catch everything) I want to be alerted to such things. I don't always comment in every thread because I handle the forums themselves, updating it and trying to improve this service so I apologize if you feel that I have been ignoring you (or those in this thread) in any way.
    @SimGuruDrake So we just told you how we feel, then you come and ask Bekkasan for a link to something, without even acknowlodging us? Can't say it surprises me though *sigh*.
    edited September 2015
    These are the Sims games that's on my pc The Sims Castaway Stories, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. And since I'd removed Sims 4 I'm more happy than when Sims 4 was installed in my pc. Even if they said we'll going to give toddlers to you. I can no longer trust them without questioning their motives.
    Post edited by crockatail on

Exactly. Was it @SimGuruRachel that said they would fix the game with EP content? Personally, I find that unacceptable.
    If I was to buy a book, and half of the chapters were missing, would is be okay for the seller to go, "Oh, that doesn't matter, the sequel is even better, buy that!"?

The SimGuru's seem like friendly and outgoing people, and I'm not saying they aren't, but they certainly don't interact with their fanbase (or in my case "ex fanbase", there, I said it) well.

They interact with the 'select few' and if you are outside of that it seems like you don't exist.

I feel sorry for them for being the link between us and the company-but, when people are trying to be heard and tell you that it looks unappreciated and are getting upset that shows there is a communication breakdown at their end and I'd like to see them at least attempt to approach us. They need to be our representatives to their bosses and advocate for better communication to deal with the issues around frustration, anger and upset. Doing nothing makes it worse!

We could literally have done no more to support them-and it's tragic that they have seen how people have been made to feel through their actions and they still choose not to deal with it. They could do much better, they are one of the biggest gaming companies. Right now they are choosing not to.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @SimGuruDrake So we just told you how we feel, then you come and ask Bekkasan for a link to something, without even acknowlodging us? Can't say it surprises me though *sigh*.

Indeed. The problem is not with other simmers, it's with the ongoing silence about family play. And with feeling ignored. And the fact that more and more of us have given up on ever being acknowledged, let alone listened to.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • firefly4477firefly4477 Posts: 128 Member

The context is that for months people have been literally heartbroken by the way family players have been overlooked, ignored and pushed aside in favour of everyone else.

@SimGuruDrake this is a difficult position you've been put into but quite frankly the response from the team to this thread and the wonderful people who have provided fantastic feedback has been woefully inadequate and has been very upsetting for many family players. We have spent a year waiting for something, anything from you guys and what do we get?

A family tree. One we celebrated and where we were promised it would track ten generations either way. Then we found out culling makes it worse than useless. Changing sims portraits to soulless default silhouettes.

We've had absolutely no communication here or apology from @SimGuruRachel despite all that people have done to try to help you guys. We've had a year of waiting for better and constantly being disappointed. Of being subject to abuse for even asking for information on toddlers.

I can no longer defend EA. As someone who has worked in customer service and promotion this is the worst experience or example of customer service I have ever seen. I spent months advocating for patience and many will tell you here I helped keep them here when the got low and ready to give up. Where's the love sims team? Not for me, for family players as a whole.

Frankly I'm disappointed you don't realise this has been an issue since you even began here. It's been obvious and something the team should have briefed you on.
    If you need any further information on exactly why I, and my experience of watching and looking after this thread, many others have lost our patience these past few months you can reach me at pm.

*reads post, blinks in astonishment*

They seriously don't know?? OK. I give up. Does anyone have an estimated release year for Sims 5? A year prior I would like to rent a billboard next to their studio with what family play means. Perhaps after seeing a 672 square foot collage they will finally understand what players really want.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top