Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Wait, you can see your Sims kids inside the school bus? And they can sit in the same seat?!

In TS3 you can :smile:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    @sparkfairy1 Is this still the family from your toddler avi?

I didn't know you could look inside the school bus, i guess i've never tried to lol
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Wait, you can see your Sims kids inside the school bus? And they can sit in the same seat?!

screenshot_original.jpg

that is so cute, the little one does not look happy at all to be going to school. :)

@sparkfairy1 lovely photos. Both kids are just growing up like Jeck :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

screenshot_original.jpg

that is so cute, the little one does not look happy at all to be going to school. :)

@sparkfairy1 lovely photos. Both kids are just growing up like Jeck :)

Thanks I wish the worse some better clothes though :/
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I think what happened on Thursday? Was it Thursday? With a rare guru speaks exactly to my point on EA being wilfully ignorant in this issue and refusing the chance of addressing it. Seeing the hurt and being told clearly and concisely exactly why and what causes it-but acting like it never happened. It's beyond frustrating and very disappointing.

Gurus should be the voice of their customers with their bosses-if EA want to give even an impression of 'We are listening' being an actual reality they need to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

People on this thread have worked incredibly hard to give good constructive feedback and are polite. They don't bicker and fight like the atmosphere elsewhere but where is the reward for that hard work? Have we seen it yet?!

All we have been asking for is some decent consideration and communication. It speaks volumes to the problems with TS4 that it's not forthcoming.

> In the USA ,It's a three day weekend for the Labor Day Holiday most business are closed. If there an answer from the guru it will come after Monday. And only if they decided to answer.Most of the school age cheerleaders will be back in school. :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Yes you can! :) if you pause and get close enough you can see inside most vehicles I think. Now I'm taking screenshots I'm noticing things I never noticed like that!

Also my sim bought some banana cream pie from the bakery and guess what they did? Put a little scrap on the floor while eating for the cat! I was like 'woah what?!' I got a screenshot, I will post tomorrow :)

Also I found a mod for user directed scolding instead of daft EA scolding. I'm the player-if the kids need scolding I should be in charge of that! It's pretty cool though, haven't used it yet but has options for banning kids and teens from certain objects like the video games! :)

I guess I'm forced to value TS3 a great deal more now we are excluded from TS4!
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    The sims 4 is just collecting dust. Im so bored of it. I havent touched it in months. I keep going back to the sims 3 and 2. Im hooked on those games. I was hoping the new ep would be exciting but its not interesting to me since I feel we have plenty of party night life stuff. And theres not even vampires with it. To be honest I thought I would be more upset when I found out no new life state was going to be in get together. But that was probably the only thing that would have made me buy it. So maybe they will have a new life state in the next ep and maybe that one will be worth buying to me. Im sure a lot of people like it. But I feel it is all about adult life which we have. Still no news on toddlers. Im starting to think they dont ever plan on putting toddlers in the sims 4. So I dont know maybe down the line I might pick up get together and concider it. But not in November theres other things that Id pick over it. I wish they continued making eps for the sims 2 and 3. Right now that would be more interesting. Im not saying the sims 4 isnt a nice game. I like it. But I get bored of it quickly. And it hurts that a sims game cant keep my interest. I really wish toddlers and family play were in the game. I think that would make me wanna play agian. And who knows maybe Id even buy party lifestyle if I have enough family gameplay to enjoy. But as of right now Im bored of the sims 4. I wanted to pick it back up agian. But even if I buy the new ep I think Ill play it and explore all the venues and then Id put it down agian. I want to raise babies into toddlers into children. I want to have multiple generations. But I cant get into the 2nd generation before I get bored of the family. So Ill keep playing the sims 2 and 3. Go between the 2 games because they are so much fun. Sometimes I cant choose which game I want to play more. Sims 2 or 3. So I go back and forth. I wasnt ready for the sims 4. Im still in 3.

Get Together would have been a great EP to release vampires in, with the late night and european themes.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Yeah, she's unhappy cos her sim-god made her go to school wearing just boys underpants.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So this is from one of my friends I've kind of become internet pen pals with now. I won't share the full e-mail since personal but this part I will with regards to the Sims.

"I don't really know much about the Sims games, but I've kinda got the feeling that Sims 4 wasn't as good as 2 from fan reactions as well. This is a common theme with all video games nowadays, with the ballooning development costs of creating a game, the end result has less features and are actually a downgrade to the previous versions. This happens all the time with the game series I enjoy. They just feel more watered down now."

I just thought it was interesting and probably true. When I think about other series I enjoy, they have been watered down as well. Yes even though he doesn't know much about the game, he is aware of the fan reactions to it. He is in the gaming industry himself. Maybe the gaming industry itself will face a depression like the 80s. I guess only time will tell.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @marcellala no I lost that save :(

@Scobre it's probably one of those phases most products go through-they get too aggressive on cost cutting then people start to complain or abandon them so companies are forced to raise standards again. I just wish I didn't buy :(
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Or maybe it has more to do with American devs? CDPR - who developed Witcher 3 - was founded in Poland, and the devs for Cities Skylines are based in Finland. Those are both top notch games. I really think it has a lot to do with plain old greed. :(
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    The sims 4 is just collecting dust. Im so bored of it. I havent touched it in months. I keep going back to the sims 3 and 2. Im hooked on those games. I was hoping the new ep would be exciting but its not interesting to me since I feel we have plenty of party night life stuff. And theres not even vampires with it. To be honest I thought I would be more upset when I found out no new life state was going to be in get together. But that was probably the only thing that would have made me buy it. So maybe they will have a new life state in the next ep and maybe that one will be worth buying to me. Im sure a lot of people like it. But I feel it is all about adult life which we have. Still no news on toddlers. Im starting to think they dont ever plan on putting toddlers in the sims 4. So I dont know maybe down the line I might pick up get together and concider it. But not in November theres other things that Id pick over it. I wish they continued making eps for the sims 2 and 3. Right now that would be more interesting. Im not saying the sims 4 isnt a nice game. I like it. But I get bored of it quickly. And it hurts that a sims game cant keep my interest. I really wish toddlers and family play were in the game. I think that would make me wanna play agian. And who knows maybe Id even buy party lifestyle if I have enough family gameplay to enjoy. But as of right now Im bored of the sims 4. I wanted to pick it back up agian. But even if I buy the new ep I think Ill play it and explore all the venues and then Id put it down agian. I want to raise babies into toddlers into children. I want to have multiple generations. But I cant get into the 2nd generation before I get bored of the family. So Ill keep playing the sims 2 and 3. Go between the 2 games because they are so much fun. Sometimes I cant choose which game I want to play more. Sims 2 or 3. So I go back and forth. I wasnt ready for the sims 4. Im still in 3.

Get Together would have been a great EP to release vampires in, with the late night and european themes.

Even if there wasn't a life state that would fit this EP, there are always generic ones you can add to every EP. The genie for example.
    I would have no problem with them not adding a playable life state though, as long as they would bring back a cool NPC like the social bunny. But i'm pretty sure they won't, or they would have advertised that instead of a closet *eyeroll*
    @marcellala no I lost that save :(
    Sorry to hear :(
  • Options
    Or maybe it has more to do with American devs? CDPR - who developed Witcher 3 - was founded in Poland, and the devs for Cities Skylines are based in Finland. Those are both top notch games. I really think it has a lot to do with plain old greed. :(

Yes European developers seem to be setting a very high standard. Probably to do with EA being overtaken by those outside of gaming. As much as Andrew Wilson is as CEO if the whole culture is cost cutting and no room for creativity the creative product will suffer hugely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    It's because EA is publicly traded.

Being publicly traded means companies need to make things cheaper, faster, and more efficiently. Efficiency is good for, say, a telecommunications company. Comcast is a terrible company, but that's because of their inefficiency.

Efficiency has no place in entertainment. It just means more exploitative business models like timer-based free-to-play games, and more lowbrow blockbusters to make the company look big. Entertainment companies should not be publicly traded.

What we need is another 1983 crash, but with these companies being publicly traded, we might suffer another 2008 if not 1929 crash.
    Again, it comes down to greed. EA is more concerned with keeping the shareholders happy than they are in putting out a quality product. Frankly, if no one at the publicly traded gaming companies has the chutzpah to stand up to the shareholders to ensure that the consumers gets what they pay for then those companies deserve what they get (or don't get i.e., $) But sadly I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

However, I do believe in being prepared. Time to look at the non-DRM games on GOG. :)
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options

Being publicly traded means companies need to make things cheaper, faster, and more efficiently. Efficiency is good for, say, a telecommunications company. Comcast is a terrible company, but that's because of their inefficiency.

Efficiency has no place in entertainment. It just means more exploitative business models like timer-based free-to-play games, and more lowbrow blockbusters to make the company look big. Entertainment companies should not be publicly traded.

What we need is another 1983 crash, but with these companies being publicly traded, we might suffer another 2008 if not 1929 crash.
    Again, it comes down to greed. EA is more concerned with keeping the shareholders happy than they are in putting out a quality product. Frankly, if no one at the publicly traded gaming companies has the chutzpah to stand up to the shareholders to ensure that the consumers gets what they pay for then those companies deserve what they get (or don't get i.e., $) But sadly I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

However, I do believe in being prepared. Time to look at the non-DRM games on GOG. :)

Oh eventually they will suffer, and so will the shareholders. There is only so much you can get away with before you row yourself out of business. Even the biggest companies aren't immune.
  • Options

Not really. I was on a gaming/avatar site that was privately traded. They were actually even more greedy and cost cutting. But EA is acting like a privately traded company in that they won't release sales figures. LOL I agree about Comcast. My dad was a television technician and always complained how inexperienced their techs were. But I do have to disagree about the private versus publicly traded company. Any company can cut cost to minimum regardless of how they handle stock. If anything I do agree that American corporations do try to cut corners as much as possible even if it means hiring sweat shops. If I knew how many lives were lost making products, I probably couldn't buy anything. The business world isn't a pretty one. But there are many reasons why I prefer family run businesses versus corporations. They tend to treat their employees better and not as disposable.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    In TS2 is there a mod that changes how many generations of a family are recognised by living Sims? I would love great grand children to be recognised.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    In TS2 is there a mod that changes how many generations of a family are recognised by living Sims? I would love great grand children to be recognised.
    I did find this mod with custom memories: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=526406
    I found it here: http://faiuwle.pbworks.com/w/page/7391063/Sims2Hacks
    It should work with the extended family mod.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I did find this mod with custom memories: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=526406

Thank you for those links!

• Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Thank you for those links!
    Your welcome. I hope they help.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited September 2015
    Anyone remember this chant?

"Making Sims games is my fate for fans who are really great. Ignore all the haters, cheer content creators, & give me the goofball trait."

That was a few months ago, yet the SimGurus are still ignoring us "haters". *sigh*
  • Options
    To his credit he did apologise and say he didn't mean to upset anyone.

But yes, it does seem indicative of the attitude at EA sadly :(
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited September 2015
    To his credit he did apologise and say he didn't mean to upset anyone.

But yes, it does seem indicative of the attitude at EA sadly :(

Yeah, he did apologsie but I'm just annoyed that there has been no change since then, not that I expected it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top