Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I think it is silly and I would prefer to have disagree. We are not all 12 year olds. sheesh

I feel the same way, but then again sometimes the behavior in the forums really is reminiscent of 12 year olds. I'm not saying that we all deserve to be treated that way, but I can't blame SimGuruDrake for being cautious.

Honestly there's no way to make everyone happy. Some will be upset that the button exists at all, never mind the label, and some will argue about the label, etc. I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out for now; I'm sure SimGuruDrake is on the constant lookout to see how these updates fare.

I think these forums have more deep-rooted problems than a button, anyway :/ And a lot of that has to do with EA's treatment of its customers. The more they remain silent, the louder the customers will scream.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I wonder what toddlers are in Simlish?
    "Error 404".

That really made me LOL
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like that they've renamed the disagree button, I think it's a good compromise. It should still mean the same to those of us who agree with it being part of the forum, but also, for the super sensitive people, it makes it seem less harsh, and as such hopefully it will cut down on the whiny "zomg someone disagreed with me REMOVE THE BUTTON" threads.
    Because, come on, we all know it would eventually have happened - again. And we'd be without the button at all.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I like that they've renamed the disagree button, I think it's a good compromise. It should still mean the same to those of us who agree with it being part of the forum, but also, for the super sensitive people, it makes it seem less harsh, and as such hopefully it will cut down on the whiny "zomg someone disagreed with me REMOVE THE BUTTON" threads.
    Because, come on, we all know it would eventually have happened - again. And we'd be without the button at all.
    I think it is a good compromise too. Very clever how it was handled doing it in Simlish. I want my Simlish pizza button for food threads though. Anyone know the Simslish word for toddler?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2015
    Here's a Simlish Dictionary! it is really interesting, I couldn't find "toddlers" but baby is noboo :blush:
    Some words and phrases made me remember when I played with toddlers <3 ;_;

Edit: Oops I forgot the link :blush:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Nooboo.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    So toddlers would be tooboo maybe? :confused:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member

But what about new members. They see a "zagadoo"-button with a silly smiley next to it and might fear it's something really nasty they just don't understand. I really don't get why people can't just accept that there will be random disagrees at time.
    I got my first disagree for saying an animation doesn't look properly done and even posted pictures to prove it and someone still disagreed. I just had to lol at this and moved on.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Well, sims do seem to call their toddlers nooboo too.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    I love having family's teaching the toddlers how to walk talk and use the potty, babies just arnt the same I love toddlers
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    I upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, but when I read more and realized that Microsoft (through Win 10) will decide what on my computer is to be saved/backed up to Microsoft's cloud and what will remain on my machine AND backed up to Microsoft's cloud, I drew the line. I have my own backup and don't need anyone's cloud. Plus, after a year, Microsoft will be charging for the stuffs stored on their cloud. I don't want that EVER! So, I rolled back to what I already had, which you can do without charge within 30 days of installation. My thoughts about Microsoft are not at all charitable atm....

/sorry rant off.....

Sorry to go off topic, but thought you should know what you are getting into.

Mylita

I do not like Windows 10 privacy issues, so I'm waiting to see if something happens with the criticism it received. You can leave free upgrade for July 2016 or stick with Windows 7 until April 2020. There’s really no rush. I might even go back to use Ubuntu again.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Ahh i love the new wording, so original!!!!! :love:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    "Error 404".

Best reply I have seen here in a long time! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, but when I read more and realized that Microsoft (through Win 10) will decide what on my computer is to be saved/backed up to Microsoft's cloud and what will remain on my machine AND backed up to Microsoft's cloud, I drew the line. I have my own backup and don't need anyone's cloud. Plus, after a year, Microsoft will be charging for the stuffs stored on their cloud. I don't want that EVER! So, I rolled back to what I already had, which you can do without charge within 30 days of installation. My thoughts about Microsoft are not at all charitable atm....

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

I do not like Windows 10 privacy issues, so I'm waiting to see if something happens with the criticism it received. You can leave free upgrade for July 2016 or stick with Windows 7 until April 2020. There’s really no rush. I might even go back to use Ubuntu again.

My Windows Explorer is broken since i've updated to Windows 10, so i definetely rue my decision. I think i'll downgrade again, too.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Windows ten has been fine for me so far..... its a shame that some that have upgraded it has done something to your pcs :disappointed:
  • Options
    JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    Is it wrong that I dislike the linking of any English word to simlish?

I think it's better it remains ambiguous.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I think it is silly and I would prefer to have disagree. We are not all 12 year olds. sheesh

agree

and it is really confusing when english is not your first laungish....

so I defently don't want the buttons in simlish, the idea is cute... but for me it is stressing.

and I don't see it being less harsh than in in english

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

true

for me it is still the same.... it is just hard to learn as a word and go 3 laungish when on here

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

Same thing happened to my daughters computer, she had to roll back as well.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    "Error 404".

That really made me LOL

Makes sense, error 404 so that's where the toddlers are in the dishwashers! :o
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    WTP is Zagadoo? What happened to disagree? Are we 5 now? Can I not disagree with somebody without hurting their feelings?

Ugh. I HATE this place. I hate the staff and I hate the game. Over and out peeps. Really, this time, I'm done.

Toodles.

--T
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Microsoft is not doing anything different with privacy than Google has been doing with all their programs/apps with the biggest offender being FB. The difference is MS is being upfront about it while the others, not so much. I'm not a big MS supporter, but if privacy is a big concern then get FB and all Google products off your devices.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    Microsoft is not doing anything different with privacy than Google has been doing with all their programs/apps with the biggest offender being FB. The difference is MS is being upfront about it while the others, not so much. I'm not a big MS supporter, but if privacy is a big concern then get FB and all Google products off your devices.

Which is why I've never had a FB account and never will. MS looks like an angel compared to FB.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

> yesterday I said I did my research on window 10,I knew there problems with it.And that the only Sims 4 is the only one of the Sims games that is playable with window 10.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited August 2015
    crockatail wrote: »

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

> yesterday I said I did my research on window 10,I knew there problems with it.And that the only Sims 4 is the only one of the Sims games that is playable with window 10.

I've been able to play TS3 using several versions of Windows 10 (I'm on eval build 10525 now) but the launcher crashes horribly when I exit. I have to manually reboot my pc twice before Windows will load properly. Same thing happened with TS2 but it was only running in 800x600 res, and since I've changed the res it won't boot at all. I'll say it's an EA/Maxis issue, and the cynical side of me says EA will is going to use this to their advantage.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top