Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    I went to MTS to find and download a mod title 'No More Culling' hopefully to end my Sims 4 families from being culled. Let you know if its work.:)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Mylita wrote: »
    I upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, but when I read more and realized that Microsoft (through Win 10) will decide what on my computer is to be saved/backed up to Microsoft's cloud and what will remain on my machine AND backed up to Microsoft's cloud, I drew the line. I have my own backup and don't need anyone's cloud. Plus, after a year, Microsoft will be charging for the stuffs stored on their cloud. I don't want that EVER! So, I rolled back to what I already had, which you can do without charge within 30 days of installation. My thoughts about Microsoft are not at all charitable atm....

/sorry rant off.....

Sorry to go off topic, but thought you should know what you are getting into.

Mylita

I do not like Windows 10 privacy issues, so I'm waiting to see if something happens with the criticism it received. You can leave free upgrade for July 2016 or stick with Windows 7 until April 2020. There’s really no rush. I might even go back to use Ubuntu again.

> yesterday I said I did my research on window 10,I knew there problems with it.And that the only Sims 4 is the only one of the Sims games that is playable with window 10.

I've been able to play TS3 using several versions of Windows 10 (I'm on eval build 10525 now) but the launcher crashes horribly when I exit. I have to manually reboot my pc twice before Windows will load properly. Same thing happened with TS2 but it was only running in 800x600 res, and since I've changed the res it won't boot at all. I'll say it's an EA/Maxis issue, and the cynical side of me says EA will is going to use this to their advantage.

Thanks for the wanring, I wont touch Windows 10 until the problems are fixed
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, but when I read more and realized that Microsoft (through Win 10) will decide what on my computer is to be saved/backed up to Microsoft's cloud and what will remain on my machine AND backed up to Microsoft's cloud, I drew the line. I have my own backup and don't need anyone's cloud. Plus, after a year, Microsoft will be charging for the stuffs stored on their cloud. I don't want that EVER! So, I rolled back to what I already had, which you can do without charge within 30 days of installation. My thoughts about Microsoft are not at all charitable atm....

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

I do not like Windows 10 privacy issues, so I'm waiting to see if something happens with the criticism it received. You can leave free upgrade for July 2016 or stick with Windows 7 until April 2020. There’s really no rush. I might even go back to use Ubuntu again.

> yesterday I said I did my research on window 10,I knew there problems with it.And that the only Sims 4 is the only one of the Sims games that is playable with window 10.

I've been able to play TS3 using several versions of Windows 10 (I'm on eval build 10525 now) but the launcher crashes horribly when I exit. I have to manually reboot my pc twice before Windows will load properly. Same thing happened with TS2 but it was only running in 800x600 res, and since I've changed the res it won't boot at all. I'll say it's an EA/Maxis issue, and the cynical side of me says EA will is going to use this to their advantage.

It stinks. I can play Witcher 3, Cities Skylines...I haven't had any issues except with TS2 & 3.

Every developer out there has had plenty of time to get prepared for Windows 10 so there's no excuse for this. And EA wouldn't take away our enjoyment of playing TS2 & 3 merely to advance their own agenda aka 4 would they? Or would they? (My tin foil hat feels very comfortable today. :) )

“I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I think it's an interesting touch how dark and dull blonde hair looks if a sim is extremely dirty:
    28c45f35-bb40-4ca6-817e-ff4f5a0a9569_zpsrabeck8v.png

This is how it normally looks:
    cd290d12-f724-4300-b316-ccb2e17286a9_zpsxgstw2jg.png

I can't remember if this is also a thing in prior versions. Sorry, it's not really family related, but i thought with one sim pregnant in one picture, it's still fair game :D
  • Options

/sorry rant off.....

Mylita

It stinks. I can play Witcher 3, Cities Skylines...I haven't had any issues except with TS2 & 3.

Every developer out there has had plenty of time to get prepared for Windows 10 so there's no excuse for this. And EA wouldn't take away our enjoyment of playing TS2 & 3 merely to advance their own agenda aka 4 would they? Or would they? (My tin foil hat feels very comfortable today. :) )

This is why I never upgrade things ever, until I know that it is safe to do so

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    about win 10
    my step dad work in a computershop
    he say don't upgrad, some people get very bad bugs from it... frozen mouse and hard to recue the files ont he computer
    so if you try any way... make sure you got safe backup of ALL your stuff
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    not toddlers... but family

just love this.. to see genetic

Josefine looking at her grandmothers picture

30xbj1h.jpg

and genetics loos a lot of the fun if I don't have the steps where I see little things... some you see in baby, a little more in toddler, then hints of more in child and almost sure how they look when teen.

also playing gnerations gets hard when it is hard to conect with the little sims as they just objects....

hmmm

I love my sims3...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    @anettesb Nice picture :smile:

I agree, genetics are important in The Sims
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    about win 10
    my step dad work in a computershop
    he say don't upgrad, some people get very bad bugs from it... frozen mouse and hard to recue the files ont he computer
    so if you try any way... make sure you got safe backup of ALL your stuff

I agree. I cloned my entire Windows 7 hard drive so if this nonsense goes on too long I can pop it in my case and go from there.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options

thank you

here is Josefine with her housband and all their kids
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8304146

family playing in snow
    2hdpd8h.jpg
  • Options

thank you

here is Josefine with her housband and all their kids
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8304146

family playing in snow
    2hdpd8h.jpg

Nice Sims :smile:

The snow always looks good in TS3 as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    thank you @king_of_simcity7

Your right it does... so doeas the rain
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I had made a backup of the computer I installed Win 10 on. The rollback went pretty well, but some programs had to be repaired. Yes, other companies do violate my privacy, but Win 10 is the only one that makes decisions for me and will charge me for the decisions it makes. So, I would get billed for the amount of junk they choose to back up to their cloud service. A service I have absolutely no need for. Neither Facebook nor Google has threatened to charge me for their decisions, which Microsoft does now with Win 10. I'm sticking with Win 7 Pro for now. Debating possible use of non Win operating system, but lots could change between now and 2020. (Privacy is a tough issue, I only have Facebook because of my daughter and grandchildren. /sigh)

Loved all the pictures guys, you are all that keeps me here while I await the coming debacle that is TS4. I try to be hopeful, but it is very hard.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I pulled out castaway today.... id forgotten how different that game was, as well as difficult.....
  • Options

I had made a backup of the computer I installed Win 10 on. The rollback went pretty well, but some programs had to be repaired. Yes, other companies do violate my privacy, but Win 10 is the only one that makes decisions for me and will charge me for the decisions it makes. So, I would get billed for the amount of junk they choose to back up to their cloud service. A service I have absolutely no need for. Neither Facebook nor Google has threatened to charge me for their decisions, which Microsoft does now with Win 10. I'm sticking with Win 7 Pro for now. Debating possible use of non Win operating system, but lots could change between now and 2020. (Privacy is a tough issue, I only have Facebook because of my daughter and grandchildren. /sigh)

Loved all the pictures guys, you are all that keeps me here while I await the coming debacle that is TS4. I try to be hopeful, but it is very hard.

Mylita

Maybe I schould consider a Mac ... if they less invasiv

I don't like what you say about them forcing the sky and paying... I like my privacy....why i don't do fb and limit Google all i can
  • Options

Seasons was a well implemented EP, you could even turn the weather off if you wanted, then turn it on at free will :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Seasons was a well implemented EP, you could even turn the weather off if you wanted, then turn it on at free will :smile:

Yes that was an EP with player custu ation options.... How long, what seasons, what weather... ectra

• Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member

I love TS3 weather!
    I've seen people play it and I'd love 2 have it!
    Maybe I'll get it 4 xmas, fingers crossed (along with many other games I dream of having).
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options

I love TS3 weather!
    I've seen people play it and I'd love 2 have it!
    Maybe I'll get it 4 xmas, fingers crossed (along with many other games I dream of having).

Seasons is easily a good EP as it covers most play styles. For family stuff kids can trick or treat or go to the festival grounds :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I'd recreated ( kind of since the toddlers are missing) one of my families from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4.Michael and Shirley Thompson,theirs daughter Sunthia ( that combined Sunny and Cynthia together) and son Thomas as Sunthia's twin brother ( he was a toddler in Sims 3) played that family for about 30 minutes so far,everyone in that family pick up and play with the clay I gave them on theirs own.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'd recreated ( kind of since the toddlers are missing) one of my families from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4.Michael and Shirley Thompson,theirs daughter Sunthia ( that combined Sunny and Cynthia together) and son Thomas as Sunthia's twin brother ( he was a toddler in Sims 3) played that family for about 30 minutes so far,everyone in that family pick up and play with the clay I gave them on theirs own.

It's one of those objects they are way too obsessed with and that ruins free will for me in TS4. The following interactions feel like spamming nowadays:
    -mourning (yes, they mourn too much. They are drawn to graves, no matter if they even knew the sim or not. And that several times a day as soon as their last sad moodlet has worn of)
    -orange juice/milk
    -clay
    -destroying the doll house when angry
    -the cowplant

• Options

I recreated a lot of my TS2 families in TS3 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    WTP is Zagadoo? What happened to disagree? Are we 5 now? Can I not disagree with somebody without hurting their feelings?

Ugh. I HATE this place. I hate the staff and I hate the game. Over and out peeps. Really, this time, I'm done.

Toodles.

--T

And yet you did just write "What the Plum" didn't you? :lol: it wears us down this place, @To7m it wears us down. Next thing you know we will all be ranting about all the things we zagadoo with, such as the no toddlers decision and everyone will finally know for sure that Simmers are... eccentric.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    WTP is Zagadoo? What happened to disagree? Are we 5 now? Can I not disagree with somebody without hurting their feelings?

Ugh. I HATE this place. I hate the staff and I hate the game. Over and out peeps. Really, this time, I'm done.

Toodles.

--T

And yet you did just write "What the Plum" didn't you? :lol: it wears us down this place, @To7m it wears us down. Next thing you know we will all be ranting about all the things we zagadoo with, such as the no toddlers decision and everyone will finally know for sure that Simmers are... eccentric.

This place does make me laugh though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    @anettesb You're pictures are adorable! And I know, I love genetics too! I even like to spoil myself and age up the toddlers/kids into CAS just to see what they will look like as adults and even tweak the exaggerated features a little. But I have fun comparing and seeing who looks like who more than the other parent <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top