Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

[/quote]

You may have left the TS3 but you sure bash it now don't you every chance you get. It's not the game's fault you didn't have a PC that would run it. The requirements are on the box. And if you don't meet them but try to play on barely min requirements then of course it's going to crash and lock up and freeze etc. You can't actually dis a game you didn't play can you? Isn't that what you tell the guys who didn't play this game? I think so, wow, imagine.[/quote]

Oh my PC ran the game fine, I just didn't like it. I am an IT professional, a systems admin, graphic artist, and a coder, so I always indulge myself with the best PC's that money can buy. I have 8 currently. No I just didn't like Sims 3 and I gave the reasons why.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."

Came out of the Guru's mouth
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Wasn't one of the original "too hard too expensive" way back when OR released and people were asking about the bear?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1

Wasn't one of the original "too hard too expensive" way back when OR released and people were asking about the bear?
    There is no "bear" only a fur suit
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Yes. And people are taking these guru comments out of context. These statements don't all apply across the board like so many are claiming.

Basically, the cost has to justify the means. And he said that animating a bear would be too costly for a game pack because it takes a long time to do. Expansion packs are different.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Teresita wrote: »

Sure there is, we just pretend harder. ;)

I wonder if the Pets expansion will have baby bears.... O.o
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    White Knights- In for the Rescue! Lmao

I don't agree with the OP's assumption. There is no pattern unless they stick to the New Idea/Old Idea which they haven't. IMO.

Name calling, really?

Funny you didn't say anything when they said I was winning the 'hate popularity contest' did you?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2015

They combined the two threads. One started in Gen Discussions and the other in feedback so they added the one from Gen Discussions and merged it with the one in feedback

I do remember someone making a joke that we got bear costumes because a real bear was too hard to make. Im not sure if a Guru said a real bear was to hard to make
  • Options
    @Cinebar Dont you know your being flame baited and trolled? I would ignore. This goes on in the feedback forum where people try to leave feedback for EA. According to some who flame bate this is not permitted to use the feedback thread to leave feedback ( if its negative)

I'll second that.

Give people enough rope they hang themselves flags and all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

You didn't read the Guru just stated a week ago? that lounge chairs are expensive to animate and why you don't have them yet? Well, then when I say not possible (and real cars aren't sorry, talk to a tech person) and or this or that is too hard out of their own mouths, then how am I wrong to say too expensive. It's better than trying to explain to you why not. You can talk to other people who do take apart the code of this game, if you doubt the gurus on words.

It was because of the multi-tasking and other things that make it a little more difficult than just making a lounge chair.

I am not putting the modder who made this down (kudos to them for the attempt) but personally, I wouldn't want them to look like this in my game.

4.jpg

And as written-reg said, that would be unacceptable for something like that to be put out by maxis. I would prefer they do things right....

They haven't said too hard, just that it requires more work.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Yes. And people are taking these guru comments out of context. These statements don't all apply across the board like so many are claiming.

Basically, the cost has to justify the means. And he said that animating a bear would be too costly for a game pack because it takes a long time to do. Expansion packs are different.

People took it way out of context and didn't put in all the surrounding statements. It's pretty funny actually.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

You didn't read the Guru just stated a week ago? that lounge chairs are expensive to animate and why you don't have them yet? Well, then when I say not possible (and real cars aren't sorry, talk to a tech person) and or this or that is too hard out of their own mouths, then how am I wrong to say too expensive. It's better than trying to explain to you why not. You can talk to other people who do take apart the code of this game, if you doubt the gurus on words.

I wont pretend to know how to code, and I'll take your word on the guru statement. However that really isn't the point.

The point I was trying to make was that someone isn't providing feedback by doing this like you're claiming. And the pleasure some users seem to get out of shutting down peoples ideas this way is really sad.

And assuming that is what people do is just as wrong. I am a very serious person. If you ask me a question I may just say no and not explain. There are people in this world like that. It may be because what you asked was impossible not because I didn't want to do it. But not much for conversation in real life. I am sometimes the same way on the forums. If they have said something is very expensive it means not going to happen. So, my saying 'too expensive' and moving on is a look into my own personality. If you assume that is to derail that is your problem.
  • Options
    Dang it... People are doing it again?! Oh, my. . . Taking things the wrong way and out of context? Got to get it right... or laugh about it, I'm sure.

• Options

Which is what started the bear conversation. People were asking for a real bear and one of the Gurus started the too hard too expensive conversation.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Which is what started the bear conversation. People were asking for a real bear and one of the Gurus started the too hard too expensive conversation.

Which has been made fun of furiously. I wonder why the Gurus rarely post here? Hmmm... wonder..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015

They combined the two threads. One started in Gen Discussions and the other in feedback so they added the one from Gen Discussions and merged it with the one in feedback

I do remember someone making a joke that we got bear costumes because a real bear was too hard to make. Im not sure if a Guru said a real bear was to hard to make

Yes, Guru Grant, not Graham explained it takes years to do the animations for a real bear in the game and was very, very expensive. When they say very expensive we who have been around games for thirty years understand that means no.
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Which has been made fun of furiously. I wonder why the Gurus rarely post here? Hmmm... wonder..

I don't know- they have the power. They should be able to chat and talk. They hide so much that it's kinda scary to see one.

They just need to step out and talk. There are NOT so many people who take things out of context but there are a lot of Simmers who remember if something is said wrong.

I feel for them, I do but they really need not fear their own site. They must know that most here love the game even if we're not all happy with it.

I don't get most of you (3rd person) who stand up for the game as if we're (the others) here just to annoy. I'm here... hanging on by a CAW/Artist/TS2 topic and yet, give me something to jump into TS4 and I would.

• Options
    lol, why the worry about a "real" bear in the game. I really don't get it. All the expense and work for what? What would a real bear add to the game? I am just curious.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

It was because of the multi-tasking and other things that make it a little more difficult than just making a lounge chair.

I am not putting the modder who made this down (kudos to them for the attempt) but personally, I wouldn't want them to look like this in my game.

4.jpg

And as written-reg said, that would be unacceptable for something like that to be put out by maxis. I would prefer they do things right....

They haven't said too hard, just that it requires more work.

No, she didn't even say it was too hard. She said it was expensive. When a game company says something is expensive that means in man power and money and other resources whatever that might be. It means not going to happen anytime soon as she stated. They don't have the resources no matter what resources it is. Never said it was too hard. Beards were too hard.
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2015
    lol, why the worry about a "real" bear in the game. I really don't get it. All the expense and work for what? What would a real bear add to the game? I am just curious.

Some players wanted it to be real. I Don't care about the bear either way. I guess if there was a real bear it could have been called yogi bear and it would have stolen you're pick-nick baskets.

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Yes, Guru Grant, not Graham explained it takes years to do the animations for a real bear in the game and was very, very expensive. When they say very expensive we who have been around games for thirty years understand that means no.

Right because Im sure the sims 3 was more expensive to make than this game and was not as limited. :p Guru even stated this game is more limited than the sims 3. The sims 4 was not supposed to be a pc game. It was Olympus made as an online game and they switched it. Sims 1, 2 and 3 were made for PC.
  • Options

How about life simulator, immersion?
  • Options

I don't know- they have the power. They should be able to chat and talk. They hide so much that it's kinda scary to see one.

They just need to step out and talk. There are NOT so many people who take things out of context but there are a lot of Simmers who remember if something is said wrong.

I feel for them, I do but they really need not fear their own site. They must know that most here love the game even if we're not all happy with it.

I don't get most of you (3rd person) who stand up for the game as if we're (the others) here just to annoy. I'm here... hanging on by a CAW/Artist/TS2 topic and yet, give me something to jump into TS4 and I would.

Well I agree that that statement wasn't said well. However people holding up signs saying it in nearly every thread, will remind them they cannot make mistakes.. they aren't forgiven or given slack for it. So yeah, they have to be guarded now.
    Personally I don't think you are just going to start liking the game if you dislike the base, but I know others have been able to...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Is that for me? I guess I find myself wondering what's the point in running around idea threads shutting peoples ideas down.
  • Options

How about life simulator, immersion?

Hmmm. How many times do you run in to a bear in your rl? Or a werewolf, alien, vampire etc? I don't buy the "life simulator" excuse.

If they did a real bear in GF, then people would be complaining that they can't leave their tents and campgrounds while vacationing because a bear is on the loose. lol
  • Options

I really don't know. I honestly don't care if they add a bear or not. I just posted that players asked for a real bear in the OR pack and they got the too hard too expensive remark from one of the Gurus.