Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Amiutza wrote: »

I just want to throw this in: while I might not like some people's ideas, I understand that it's something they wish for and if it ends up happening, I'll just have to deal with it or not buy it if it comes as DLC. I would never oppose changes that add to the gameplay however, because I really wish more people would like the game and for this community to stop being this divided.

While I mostly agree with you, I still feel that I have a voice too. And it's why I will always speak up against things I don't want. (Especially story progression if it interferes with my played rotations in any way).

I don't care about CASt, but if they make it a separate program like S2 body shop I am fine with it. I don't care about open world, but if they open up the neighbourhoods I am fine with that.

Compromise is okay by me, but I want to play the game my way too.

Yes, but didn't you make threads about make the story progression leave your played Sims alone? or threads about the culling? Well, that is the same thing as some of us supposedly in the negative camp by some standards are saying. But when we make those posts we get mashed and bashed but if it's a player who enjoys the TS4 for the most part they get supported. There is a fine line here who is seen as a good poster and a bad. As I said some of your threads have also been pretty harsh on EA. I read them. But I didn't see anyone coming into them and telling you to get off the forums like they do for a few of us who have probably just posted more of the same things as you did, just more of it.

I made a thread about my played sims being affected and given jobs with GTW. And yes, I complained about it because it was not supposed to happen to played/rotational sims. They have remedied that.

But no. I have never said anything about culling and don't post in those threads because I play aging off and age them up myself. I don't play a generational game so the culling doesn't affect my play style.

I rarely create threads. I think you have me confused with someone else.

No, they haven't. It happened the last time I played long after they said they fixed it. Some of my Sims had different jobs. I think one, yes, one was the chief of police but she actually owned a furniture store. It wasn't fixed yet, not in my game. I checked on them when we got Newcrest then hung it up after I wrote down what still needs fixed or 'new' problems which I forgot to tell them. Some houses and Sims don't show up on the maps in the new town or in Willow Creek. I just today decided I would come and tell them and why I was here to start with. lol

As far as I know, it is fixed. Mind, I have not been to every household, but those that I have played have not been given another job by the game and I did go around and make them all quit the jobs the game gave them.. Owning a store does not count as a career for some reason. Make her quit as chief of police and see if the game gives her another job.

I have no idea why some of your houses are not showing up. I haven't run across that.

I was playing another cop when we got Newcrest and I was building in that hood. A church for weddings, a nice two story I built and one large house in Willow Creek don't show up. The one in Willow Creek has six Sims living in it. But nothing comes up when I mouse over the lot. I had to send a Sim there to see they were still living there. And to visit to make sure none were culled and I had played them several Sim weeks.

Also, in NC, the vacant house doesn't show up. I don't know how many I actually built for some Sims in library but if I want to find out I will have to visit every lot. I just shut it down.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »

I just want to throw this in: while I might not like some people's ideas, I understand that it's something they wish for and if it ends up happening, I'll just have to deal with it or not buy it if it comes as DLC. I would never oppose changes that add to the gameplay however, because I really wish more people would like the game and for this community to stop being this divided.

While I mostly agree with you, I still feel that I have a voice too. And it's why I will always speak up against things I don't want. (Especially story progression if it interferes with my played rotations in any way).

I don't care about CASt, but if they make it a separate program like S2 body shop I am fine with it. I don't care about open world, but if they open up the neighbourhoods I am fine with that.

Compromise is okay by me, but I want to play the game my way too.

Yes, but didn't you make threads about make the story progression leave your played Sims alone? or threads about the culling? Well, that is the same thing as some of us supposedly in the negative camp by some standards are saying. But when we make those posts we get mashed and bashed but if it's a player who enjoys the TS4 for the most part they get supported. There is a fine line here who is seen as a good poster and a bad. As I said some of your threads have also been pretty harsh on EA. I read them. But I didn't see anyone coming into them and telling you to get off the forums like they do for a few of us who have probably just posted more of the same things as you did, just more of it.

I made a thread about my played sims being affected and given jobs with GTW. And yes, I complained about it because it was not supposed to happen to played/rotational sims. They have remedied that.

But no. I have never said anything about culling and don't post in those threads because I play aging off and age them up myself. I don't play a generational game so the culling doesn't affect my play style.

I rarely create threads. I think you have me confused with someone else.

No, they haven't. It happened the last time I played long after they said they fixed it. Some of my Sims had different jobs. I think one, yes, one was the chief of police but she actually owned a furniture store. It wasn't fixed yet, not in my game. I checked on them when we got Newcrest then hung it up after I wrote down what still needs fixed or 'new' problems which I forgot to tell them. Some houses and Sims don't show up on the maps in the new town or in Willow Creek. I just today decided I would come and tell them and why I was here to start with. lol

As far as I know, it is fixed. Mind, I have not been to every household, but those that I have played have not been given another job by the game and I did go around and make them all quit the jobs the game gave them.. Owning a store does not count as a career for some reason. Make her quit as chief of police and see if the game gives her another job.

I have no idea why some of your houses are not showing up. I haven't run across that.

I was playing another cop when we got Newcrest and I was building in that hood. A church for weddings, a nice two story I built and one large house in Willow Creek don't show up. The one in Willow Creek has six Sims living in it. But nothing comes up when I mouse over the lot. I had to send a Sim there to see they were still living there. And to visit to make sure none were culled and I had played them several Sim weeks.

Also, in NC, the vacant house doesn't show up. I don't know how many I actually built for some Sims in library but if I want to find out I will have to visit every lot. I just shut it down.

No idea. Maybe post in the bugs section? Some people are saying Newcrest has some glitches.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Meh, it's all subjective. I mean you have a Picnic, Sims in the Sims 4 go to the park and can have a BBQ together PLUS play on the equipment WITH the kids.

That vs Picnic. I'd prefer that.

Sims 1 didn't have family play tbh.
    LOL it did. Children could feed babies and there was a basketball hoop and pools and they could play guitar and paint. There were a lot of fun toys for them to enjoy. I actually really enjoy children in the Sims. There was never a family expansion pack, but when I got the Sims Vacation, so many family interactions were added too. That's something I miss which the Sims 4 doesn't have are play interactions. I love when children could play tag.

Whole family could play badminton. 4 Sims at a time. Guest or family. Not sure that was base game in the TS1 but I know I loved that group activity. On home lots. Yay!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    My first addition to TS3 was Ambitions, so played it a long time without an EP and i wasn't all over WA when it was first published, because i just didn't have a need for additional stuff.
    I didn't really want OR, but when it was announced i was in desperate need of so ething new and had a hard time keeping me from buying it right away. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    How about not expect anything from this flop of a game. No one gets expectations risen and no one will blame you for having hope/ expectations.

What's the point in all of this.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    My first addition to TS3 was Ambitions, so played it a long time without an EP and i wasn't all over WA when it was first published, because i just didn't have a need for additional stuff.
    I didn't really want OR, but when it was announced i was in desperate need of so ething new and had a hard time keeping me from buying it right away. 'Nuff said.

I cut my losses this time around and the only content I've bought is GTW...when Amazon had a sale. I realized when playing TS3 that if there were things about the game play that I didn't like spending more money on it wasn't going to change things. By the time the new pack is released I'll have saved $60.00. :)

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I know I posted earlier on this but I have an update.

I have uninstalled the Sims 4 after much deliberation with myself. I'll still check in for news and threads I've commented on but I can't offer advice or solutions really because my game is only updated to the most recent patch, I only have GTW and OR installed with it and I can only really give more informed advice if you have a Mac or general question. If you have a question and you have a pack that I don't, I can't help you
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited July 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »
    To each their own. However, when I walk away from a game, I uninstall it and leave. I don't go to the site anymore, I don't post on the forums, I don't wait for updates. I guess just find it odd when people threaten to walk away, yet post on the forums daily. To me, you're holding out, and you're still invested. PS: There's no shame in that at all.

That was me with Sims 3 for the first 1.5 years of its existence. I didn't uninstall it, but I didn't play, didn't go to the forums, didn't think about it, really. I went back to Sims 2 and some other little games I enjoyed. I also did not announce that I was leaving the forum. I mean ... why should anyone care whether I (or anyone else) leaves? I kept in touch with my friends in other venues. I do not have such a sense of self-importance that I feel I must make a dramatic announcement, flip my hair, and storm out, because ... who cares? Seriously.

This was me for TS3 too, and then came TS4 :cry: I wonder if the missing toddlers and the borked emotions and more importantly the lack of content (to be sold in the future) is because a lot of us just walked away without voicing why we did.
    Scobre wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Meh, it's all subjective. I mean you have a Picnic, Sims in the Sims 4 go to the park and can have a BBQ together PLUS play on the equipment WITH the kids.

That vs Picnic. I'd prefer that.

Sims 1 didn't have family play tbh.
    LOL it did. Children could feed babies and there was a basketball hoop and pools and they could play guitar and paint. There were a lot of fun toys for them to enjoy. I actually really enjoy children in the Sims. There was never a family expansion pack, but when I got the Sims Vacation, so many family interactions were added too. That's something I miss which the Sims 4 doesn't have are play interactions. I love when children could play tag.

Whole family could play badminton. 4 Sims at a time. Guest or family. Not sure that was base game in the TS1 but I know I loved that group activity. On home lots. Yay!

Family vacations in TS1 were better than TS2. I also loved children in TS1, but TS2 brought something even better to the table than toddlers and teens and lifestages in general; TS2 brought genetics! And the franchise never looked back...
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#

Are you kidding? Seriously? Show me the rule that says one cannot list the people they have on ignore.

It was something we (you and me were in the thread) in Dec. about ignore buttons etc. and SBChick said it was naming and shaming. You aren't allowed to tell others you put so and so on ignore. You must have forgotten it.

I had a lovely birthday dinner and stopped by to see how this train wreck is going. My only comment is that BChick never said that to me, and I never read where she said it to anyone else. Link or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,895 Member
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#

Are you kidding? Seriously? Show me the rule that says one cannot list the people they have on ignore.

It was something we (you and me were in the thread) in Dec. about ignore buttons etc. and SBChick said it was naming and shaming. You aren't allowed to tell others you put so and so on ignore. You must have forgotten it.

I had a lovely birthday dinner and stopped by to see how this train wreck is going. My only comment is that BChick never said that to me, and I never read where she said it to anyone else. Link or it didn't happen.

Happy Birthday!! :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    K4le8 wrote: »
    K4le8 wrote: »

Awww, keep trying!

You can't name and shame here, and you have here and the activity page, yikes!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee
    Loved your post. I have Cinebar blocked. I just could not take anymore

You are naming and shaming Cinebar by saying you have her on block, and that is against the rules.

How is that shaming anyone? Explain this to me, please.

Thanks so much! I was unable to find it either, so I just feel whatever!