Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.

Sounds like you did not have a computer that could play the sims 3. I have had the sims 3 on my laptop for over a year. I have never uninstalled the game or used mods. Yes I have used the occasional cheat to fix things (bugs) but otherwise my game runs fine. I Dont freeze on high settings or crash

My specs:
    Processor: Intel core i7-4770K Processor (4x 3.50HHz/8mb L3 Cache
    Processor cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooling system
    Memory 16 GB [4GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780- 3 GB Single card.
    Power supply - 850 Thermaltake SP 850M
    Primary Hard Drive 2 TB Hard drive 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
    Motherboard MSI 287 G43 - 2x PCIe 2x USB 3.0 HDMI
    Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate

I had this when I was playing sims 3 it would not recognize my video card and the game played like trash!
    So that is not the computer to play sims 3? Boy, If that is not a computer to play sims 3 then I think they messed up somewhere.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

well to be fair for me this will be the "pattern of sims series" hate with passion the previous game and love the new one, point every bug the previous had but forgive every bug the current one have and be happy with ea and maxis making the game, because otherwise no game(held hostage total) it's really weird how terrible i see things here, or how the power of "less is more" is strong here.
    Nobody hates Sims 1 with a passion: that one was the first and hating it would be like hating a newborn. You just don't.
    Nobody hates Sims 2 with a passion, that game clearly had something right ;)
    I totally understand how especially rotational players were disappointed with the Sims 3 concept. The thing is: many people didn't care for playing the game rotational and were fine with Story Progression (or even embraced it). I can imagine people missed Sims 2 quirkiness. The thing is: others liked their sims to be more serious. That all is not about quality, it just meant a difference many didn't like.

1 and 2 are not hated, 3 is. By people who preferred 2. But most of them aren't too thrilled about 4 either. And stating Sims 3 fans don't like 4 is pushing at an open door ;)

No, I do not hate the TS3 and I do prefer TS2 over it due to gameplay and AI and no subworlds/hoods. However, there were many things about TS3 I wished TS2 had gotten. Like festivals, rides, toddlers could watch TV, etc. etc. I hated the AI, because one day one all the Sims did was read, and read some more. Their AI drove them to read instead of interact. This took many years and a few more EPs etc. (the later ones) for this to change and they not be so obsessed with homework and reading no matter where they went.

Open world was the right direction for the series, just as much as multiplayer on a co op would in turn actually keep the game progressing if I want to be honest about it. However, I prefer single player and never will buy a co op and or multi player Sim game and hope they make that one a spin off.

Progression should have been the focus. Taking into account all that had come before instead of admitting they were having a hard time coming up with new ideas for this series so decided emotions (on a more rpg scale) would be it's focus. They already tried that idea with TSM. Should have learned from history. They should have built an engine that could open up sub districts more, or just a loading screen from hood to hood not house to house, and continue the progression and the immersion of more lively, human looking Sims. It would have been the natural progression in my book, but they returned to a very cartoony look and linear play and buff system, (which is like TSM) and forgot that TS3 even existed. Continuing to grow should have been their focus. And even a more mature game at some point that deals with life and death and playing with those, playing with life.

ETA: Their fan base has grown up, the game should have grown with them and grown up, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

. But when I heard "smarter Sims" I thought of Sims who could actually take care of their own needs without my telling them to do homework or go to the bathroom...and when I'm off with another "family" member fishing or looking for collectibles or working, the others are just standing around doing nothing. Literally. :|

I still enjoy the game when I take the time to play it...but I've been finding more excuses not to play it, and that's the first time that's happened with any Sims game. Maybe this game was designed more for players who'd never played a Sims game, and us older players need to realize that.

I was really, really excited when I heard TS4 team descriptions like smarted Sims, aware of their surroundings, emotions. At last my dreams were coming true. I could make a poor Sim and he would know he was living in a shack. I could make an insane Sim that was really suited to the asylum challenge.

How was I to know the reality was the poor Sim would still find his shack nicely decorated, even though it wasn't, and have that grin pasted on his face? Or that asylum challenge was going to look more like a sit com with Sims gathered around talking and taking selfies?

And they just never shut up!

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.
    Of course, I won't deny that but that was not my point. I was referring to those who were congratulating themselves for not visiting the Sims 3 forum to continue expressing their disappointment about the game. My theory is that the fact the majority was enjoying the game had something to do with that. The complainers got snowed under. And the fact many of them are so passionately expressing their hate towards 3 now (which started in summer 2013, as soon as Sims 4 was announced) confirms that for me. They weren't silent and modest about their hate at all.
    The thing is, people will always seek congenial souls. And I genuinely think the fact these forums are the way they are is because this franchise is in trouble. And the reason is Sims 4, not the fans.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mendota wrote: »
    @Cinebar

They were in the majority because we Sims 2 players who hated Sims 3 went back to the Sims 2 and its forum. We took the high road and acted like adults. Part of the issue here is that EA and Maxis made the mistake of combining all the forums into one place. But they didn't take into account that most of the people who were left on the official forums were the players that managed to like Sims 3. This has a lot to do with the issues here.

You have admitted yourself that the only reason you are here is to get "support" for your hate of Sims 4 and apparently could care less about anything or anyone else who opinion differs from your own. Because these forums are so toxic to those that like the game, we have gone to other places. Despite what many here would like to believe Sims 4 is doing just fine. It has fans, mods, custom content, and the Gallary has hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, and it has made a nice profit for EA... The beat does go on.

And yes I hated Sims 3 with a passion. I unlike you was there for it's launch. Many of the things that you constantly point out that you love so much, didn't come until much later. The opening game was horrible. The only thing it offered was all the life stages with everything that wasn't young adult poorly done, to include toddlers. As an example the little play toy that the toddlers draw on. It was nothing but a décor object as were many things. It also had the open world with nothing in it but some lame park, and one community lot with the rest being those horrible rabbit holes. In addition there were those ugly pudding faced Sims, and they didn't get that name for nothing. The SP was so broken that it would delete a Sim that you had just made and constantly spawn random Sims that had no rhyme or reason. CAST was created as a way for EA to attempt to throw a bone to players and to force them to use the store. That is why they made it so difficult to add custom content. They actually tried to justify their overpriced store items by pointing out how you could use CAST to make more of the same, just different colors. We won't even get into all the bugs it developed.

Yet despite all of this some people liked it, and I left them alone to enjoy it. As had been stated before, it does not matter to me if someone doesn't like Sims 4, but to hang onto the forum for no reason other than to get "support" for bashing it I think is rather low.

Beautifully said!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

They were in the majority because we Sims 2 players who hated Sims 3 went back to the Sims 2 and its forum. We took the high road and acted like adults. Part of the issue here is that EA and Maxis made the mistake of combining all the forums into one place. But they didn't take into account that most of the people who were left on the official forums were the players that managed to like Sims 3. This has a lot to do with the issues here.

You have admitted yourself that the only reason you are here is to get "support" for your hate of Sims 4 and apparently could care less about anything or anyone else who opinion differs from your own. Because these forums are so toxic to those that like the game, we have gone to other places. Despite what many here would like to believe Sims 4 is doing just fine. It has fans, mods, custom content, and the Gallary has hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, and it has made a nice profit for EA... The beat does go on.

And yes I hated Sims 3 with a passion. I unlike you was there for it's launch. Many of the things that you constantly point out that you love so much, didn't come until much later. The opening game was horrible. The only thing it offered was all the life stages with everything that wasn't young adult poorly done, to include toddlers. As an example the little play toy that the toddlers draw on. It was nothing but a décor object as were many things. It also had the open world with nothing in it but some lame park, and one community lot with the rest being those horrible rabbit holes. In addition there were those ugly pudding faced Sims, and they didn't get that name for nothing. The SP was so broken that it would delete a Sim that you had just made and constantly spawn random Sims that had no rhyme or reason. CAST was created as a way for EA to attempt to throw a bone to players and to force them to use the store. That is why they made it so difficult to add custom content. They actually tried to justify their overpriced store items by pointing out how you could use CAST to make more of the same, just different colors. We won't even get into all the bugs it developed.

Yet despite all of this some people liked it, and I left them alone to enjoy it. As had been stated before, it does not matter to me if someone doesn't like Sims 4, but to hang onto the forum for no reason other than to get "support" for bashing it I think is rather low.

If I could like your post a thousand times I so would, you said this perfectly, just woah !

tumblr_n1ubgkYN681s3y9slo3_500.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @Cinebar

I don't bash T3 whenever I can. I rarely talk about it, unless that is what the subject is or it becomes. I don't go on a thread just to say.. oh yeah like the pudding faces and dingy colors were wonderful! .. by the way I turned that around from a poster I was quoting the other night in a talk bad about S4 thread. I don't mock or roll my eyes about T3 as a game.. so if you are saying I do.. I don't.. please find where I have. Other than this example. Do I think I'm holier than thou because I didn't... no. I felt like there is no reason to waste my time, or energy on something that doesn't give me pleasure. It does not make me better than anyone, happier.. maybe. I love this game.. that makes it quality to me. So we can agree to disagree I think it's quality and you don't. That is fine.

I had to edit this it was a thread about someone that enjoys S4 thread..
    Sorry for the misunderstanding but I wasn't accusing you, just speaking in general, triggered by what you said. I'm not going to defend the premise there's a lot of Sims 3 bashing going on here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Yea.
    The eps of sims 3 were in no particular order and read the brackets:
    Ambitions (single sim)
    World adventures (single sim mainly, how can you call exploring a pyramid family play?)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)
    Generations (family play)
    Island paradise (single sim, don't get how owning a hotel is family play?)
    Seasons (single sim, I don't know how snow is family play?)
    Into the future (defo single sim)
    University life (single sim)
    Pets (single sim, owning a dog isn't family play)
    Supernatural (single sim)
    Read how many are family play- one is. The big deal isn't family play.

When you look at the individual packs, many of them did include activities for younger Sims. Child Sims could play with and teach their pets tricks, or could care for smaller animals. Toddler witches in Supernatural would play with toys and they would mysteriously "poof" disappear, then just as mysteriously come back. Seasons may have been second to Generations in terms of family play options: snowball/water balloon fights, snowman building, building igloos (and of course igloo Woohoo), trick or treating at Spooky Day, getting family photos at the Festivals, etc. Even Ambitions could be considered to be better for families than GTW, because the self-employment option meant that you could have a stay at home parent still able to earn money to support the family while there to help the kids with their homework or play with them once the kids get home from school. A pack doesn't have to be exclusively about families to have options for families. In fact, I'd rather have interactions for all age groups included in a pack -- EA's tried to do that with the Patio Stuff since kids can use the hot tubs (my nieces and nephews were always in the hot tub with the grownups at my sisters' houses) which they couldn't do in other Sims games. And Outdoor Retreat is more child-friendly than a lot of players seem to realize; camping has always been a family activity to me, though I don't remember if child Sims can collect bugs (which they could in Sims 3).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

Sounds like you did not have a computer that could play the sims 3. I have had the sims 3 on my laptop for over a year. I have never uninstalled the game or used mods. Yes I have used the occasional cheat to fix things (bugs) but otherwise my game runs fine. I Dont freeze on high settings or crash

My specs:

I had this when I was playing sims 3 it would not recognize my video card and the game played like trash!
    So that is not the computer to play sims 3? Boy, If that is not a computer to play sims 3 then I think they messed up somewhere.

Did you come in the sims 3 tech thread and ask how to get the game to work? There are certain things you have to do when you have a newer card than the game. Also the game has no FPS limiter so you have to add the game to your nvidia control panel and you must use vsync. On your card not using vsync Im sure the game would play horrible. FPS would probably run over 400. If you need help with this you can pm me

My laptop I have a GTX 770m 3gb, i7 2.4-3.4 Ghz turbo 16gb ram, SSD Game plays fine . Been on there for a year no mods

My son's desktop has a EVGA GTX 960 Superclock 4gb , 16 gb ram i5 3.5 Ghz on SSD game plays fine

However on my sons desktop the 960 card on high speed the game will get jerky and stutter if you move the camera around and this seems to just be with a lot of higher end desktop cards so dont move around at high speed. LOL

I am pause player so I dont have to play in high speed especially when moving around and I have large households so controlling them is easier at slower speeds

• Options
    @Cinebar

Of course, I won't deny that but that was not my point. I was referring to those who were congratulating themselves for not visiting the Sims 3 forum to continue expressing their disappointment about the game. My theory is that the fact the majority was enjoying the game had something to do with that. The complainers got snowed under. And the fact many of them are so passionately expressing their hate towards 3 now (which started in summer 2013, as soon as Sims 4 was announced) confirms that for me. They weren't silent and modest about their hate at all.
    The thing is, people will always seek congenial souls. And I genuinely think the fact these forums are the way they are is because this franchise is in trouble. And the reason is Sims 4, not the fans.

It was the same on the sims 3 forums as here, if you said you hated it you were put down and told it was your computer or you were wrong. I spent a lot more time in the tech section as they were nice there and actually tried to help. ceejay and blunote and goldmolder, and a few others were great help to me, the game just did not like me, and it would not play. I talked to a PR person at EA and they gave me a number to call with problems and even with that I still could not get the game to do what it was supposed to do. So as is said about the sims 4 I paid all that money for the game and all expansions and could not play it. So you can imagine my pleasure when S4 played well from the beginning until now.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »
    @Cinebar

well to be fair for me this will be the "pattern of sims series" hate with passion the previous game and love the new one, point every bug the previous had but forgive every bug the current one have and be happy with ea and maxis making the game, because otherwise no game(held hostage total) it's really weird how terrible i see things here, or how the power of "less is more" is strong here.
    Nobody hates Sims 1 with a passion: that one was the first and hating it would be like hating a newborn. You just don't.
    Nobody hates Sims 2 with a passion, that game clearly had something right ;)
    I totally understand how especially rotational players were disappointed with the Sims 3 concept. The thing is: many people didn't care for playing the game rotational and were fine with Story Progression (or even embraced it). I can imagine people missed Sims 2 quirkiness. The thing is: others liked their sims to be more serious. That all is not about quality, it just meant a difference many didn't like.

1 and 2 are not hated, 3 is. By people who preferred 2. But most of them aren't too thrilled about 4 either. And stating Sims 3 fans don't like 4 is pushing at an open door ;)

Not sure about the veracity of that. No way to quantify your "most."
    Yeah, well... Ok, since I can't prove it (or am to lazy to do it): many then ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Cinebar

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

My specs:

Did you come in the sims 3 tech thread and ask how to get the game to work? There are certain things you have to do when you have a newer card than the game. Also the game has no FPS limiter so you have to add the game to your nvidia control panel and you must use vsync. On your card not using vsync Im sure the game would play horrible. FPS would probably run over 400. If you need help with this you can pm me

My laptop I have a GTX 770m 3gb, i7 2.4-3.4 Ghz turbo 16gb ram, SSD Game plays fine . Been on there for a year no mods

My son's desktop has a EVGA GTX 960 Superclock 4gb , 16 gb ram i5 3.5 Ghz on SSD game plays fine

However on my sons desktop the 960 card on high speed the game will get jerky and stutter if you move the camera around and this seems to just be with a lot of higher end desktop cards so dont move around at high speed. LOL

I am pause player so I dont have to play in high speed especially when moving around and I have large households so controlling them is easier at slower speeds

I spent most of my sims 3 days in the tech forums. I was helped by @blunote00 who actually got my card recognized with the files you mentioned, but whenever I had to re-install which was often the whole process had to be redone. I also got help from @ceejay and from @Goldmoldar and many others and the darn thing just would not play for very long and that was not on high settings either.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I enjoy all the games I don't feel the need to bash anyone over which game the like best or try to force my preferences down everyone else's throats..

I enjoy Sims 4, and there are things I like -- I like the multitasking so my Sim kids will take their bowl of cereal to the living room to go watch TV before school, or my writer will pause and look at an item on the desk while writing which is something I do all the time. I like the building features and how easy it is to add basements to buildings with foundations (that was a royal pain in Sims 3). I'm even okay with the loading screens going between neighborhoods and worlds since I experienced strange routings in Sims 3 that made it take forever to get from point A to point Z.

But I can also recognize there are things missing, both base game interactions and ones that came from EPs, from previous Sims games. I still miss from Sims 2 when my Sims would come home from work after the kids were in bed, and they'd autonomously go to their bedrooms to tuck them in with a little kiss. I miss children running in from the school bus with a good report card. We've got a lot more romantic interactions in Sims 4 which I like, but I still miss the bed makeout from Sims 3 and the couch makeout from Sims 2. I miss diving boards and pool slides. I miss playing catch between two Sims.

I'm not going to bash anyone for enjoying something -- because I do enjoy the game when I take the time to play. I just haven't taken the time to play as much, partially because of Real Life but also because I can't really think of anything I want to do. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    @Cinebar

A civil post!
    I salute you and give you an honorary internet cookie and coffee!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

My specs:

I spent most of my sims 3 days in the tech forums. I was helped by @blunote00 who actually got my card recognized with the files you mentioned, but whenever I had to re-install which was often the whole process had to be redone. I also got help from @ceejay and from @Goldmoldar and many others and the darn thing just would not play for very long and that was not on high settings either.

I have never changed my sgr files. Only added the game to nvidia control panel and put vsync on adaptive game plays fine n both computers accept for the playing in high speed issue

Do you still have the game installed?
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!
  • Options
    @Cinebar

My specs:

You know I am sorry you had so much trouble, but I learned from TS2 days when a game doesn't like my video card it's time to buy a better or even a different one and up my system specs. It is amazing to me (But I always prefer AMD products) I could play the TS3 on an old X1300 (ok at the time) AMD card, 2 GB of RAM and an AMD dual core 2.2 ghz when the base game came out. Of course, I had to upgrade later, but I have never liked NVidia products, they are so fussy with so many games.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

My specs:

I have never changed my sgr files. Only added the game to nvidia control panel and put vsync on adaptive game plays fine n both computers accept for the playing in high speed issue

The game is still installed, but I have not been to it in awhile, I am not sure that it even plays still. I completely gave it up when the Sims 4 came out and I could actually play the game. I also have sims 2 and The Sims still installed. They all play very well without a problem just the sims 3 does not. I have other games that play really well on the computer, none give me problems just the sims 3 I have vsync installed also.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

My specs:

The game is still installed, but I have not been to it in awhile, I am not sure that it even plays still. I completely gave it up when the Sims 4 came out and I could actually play the game. I also have sims 2 and The Sims still installed. They all play very well without a problem just the sims 3 does not. I have other games that play really well on the computer, none give me problems just the sims 3 I have vsync installed also.

Im sending you a pm on some things to try and see if it will work for you. Since you paid for the game you should be able to play it
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

My specs:

Im sending you a pm on some things to try and see if it will work for you. Since you paid for the game you should be able to play it

Thanks but, I am really just fed-up with the game I play S1 and S2 and S4 so I am happy with that
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »

What is a 'hate-populatrity contest'? I did been gone over ten days or longer. Wasn't even here when they announced kids can get a mud bath. Found that out yesterday. If you don't like what I say, do me a favor and put me on ignore. I see you are the same snarky troll you were the last time I posted.