Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    There will be no toddlers! When will people get that?
    I mean if lounge chairs and cars are too hard and expensive, what makes everyone think they will spend for something complex like an age group?

This game was dry as a piece of toast when it was released and I doubt anything of substance will change that in 2 months. Drink some truth tea and wash it down.

I use to love The Sims but this past year has made me say forget it. :(

Can people stop offering me tea?

*Offers coffee*

Not gonna say anything just sit here and drink coffee I have learned if you say anything someone jumps down your throat and twists your words. Not worth the time on this site.

But coffee is too similar to tea... Surely they'd prefer orange juice?
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @ponderberries and @MsPhy, I assume those little jabs are aimed toward a few of us such as myself, MsPhy which I announced I left the forums about fifteen days ago, which I did, and you ponderberries, implying if people aren't interested they really should uninstall it. I read this as the hundred of other statements that slyly imply people should leave the TS4 forum.

I'm surprised, because some of you say you are playing TS4 but hang out on the TS2 (Memory Lane) section of the site as well. Though you don't play it anymore? Isn't that right MsPhy? I mean the days I do come here to scan the Memory Lane I see you post quite a bit about a game you no longer play, and I wondered why you are down there in those threads and not up here in the TS4. Hm. You guys really need to petition EA headquarters to separate the forums and give back the TS3 and the old BBS, and then you guys could stay here and be happy without all this negativity.

It's sometimes hard to bypass a thread that is on the front page when we scan topics and it jumps out at you, like No, Thankyou I don't want Toddlers and Glad they are Gone, or Just Reminder...why we shouldn't judge this game too hard etc.

Everyone is 'human' at least I know I am. And as far as announcing leaving taking short vacations from here is a good thing since so many happy campers wished we fell off the side of earth. Well, you know what you should do..beg EA to give me and others back the BBS and the TS3 site so we don't have to bother you ten guys anymore who actually love the TS4 and never post a complaint about it.

Oh, wait, I take that back, some of you do praise it on one hand, and rant about it on the other....should we expect you not to post anymore?

You're back? I had no idea, and was not referring to you or any specific person. However, if the shoe fits ....

I do still play TS2, when I feel like it. And Sims 1. And Sims 3. They're all on my computer. I don't comment on games I don't play.

ETA: I don't do the petition thing and I don't beg. You're thinking of some other people, I believe.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Yea.
    The eps of sims 3 were in no particular order and read the brackets:
    Ambitions (single sim)
    World adventures (single sim mainly, how can you call exploring a pyramid family play?)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)
    Generations (family play)
    Island paradise (single sim, don't get how owning a hotel is family play?)
    Seasons (single sim, I don't know how snow is family play?)
    Into the future (defo single sim)
    University life (single sim)
    Pets (single sim, owning a dog isn't family play)
    Supernatural (single sim)
    Read how many are family play- one is. The big deal isn't family play.

Maybe it's how you saw them and played them....I didn't play or see them the same.

I only played nine eps, not all of them. I didn't play WA but I don't see it as family play. Generations is by its theme but I owned it and knew it was supposed to be. Lol it's not how I played them, it's how they were made.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

Lovely family!!
    Thankyouu! That's so sweet of you!
    Ellessarr wrote: »

then have bugs for almost a year(incest) have terrible systems(multitask and emotions which making the game don't proper working giving musical chairs, giving sims going to bake others ate toilet and others annoying things which make then looks like a lot of stupi d for a game which a "improved ai" and which random emotions changes lack of reactions and others annoying things) if that things don't means "broken" the problably broken for you must be the game not even run.

again just look around the others games companies and let's see if you see the same level of trouble and what happening when others companies delivery the "broken games" to the fans what "true fans do"(making the companie official appologie and fix things "azap" and probably give refunds), the level of "what is good" compared with any other game i can really say which is low.

smoth and don't crash not aways means supperior quality but also means which the game was made with the most simple programm and scripts to avoid the machine have to work too much and like they told make sure "low machines can run it" and to do that you can't use the "top quality systems since they are created targeting middle to top machines not low.
    Didn't Sims 3 have tons of bugs, like, a lot of them, isn't it so it needs tons of mods by others to make the game run? It's still a great game right? So many others play it and even though it's broken (can't go on pc's with high specs, tons of bugs) it's still a great game.

You find those interactions "stupid", we find them fun, you can't say everyone thinks so, just like I can't say "everyone should all like sims 4", you can't put your opinion in other peoples mouth (sounded really weird, I do hope you get the point)

Bugs are indeed broken (hence the name), but calling a game broken because YOU find them broken, doesn't mean we think the same. Besides, if a game is broken, it can't be played, I see tons of people playing, without trouble, not only here, but on twitter / instagram & have you seen the amount of Sims 4 simblrs, yeah, it's so broken; people still like playing it, so don't go here telling a game is "broken" just because you think so.
    fun don't means which they are fine since, they are result of a broken system.

yeah he have bugs which ended being fixed by mods which is almost the same happening in sims 4.

the problem is how peoples are accepting and being fine which it, sims 3 was bugged, maxis don't fixed a lot of then, then mods come and fixed a lot of then, then sims 4 come a lot of bugs are here and maxis still not proper fixing then while if you go to mods page you can find fixes or "working around" things, then again the same process is repeating and that is the problem and probably sims 5 not will be different maxis come with lazy code with a lot of bugs but flufy animations and peoples will forget because "it's a sim game right' sims 4 also had a lot of bugs never get fixed and bla bla bla... repeat the same for sims 6 and sims 7 and all the sims because "it's how we must look at the sims series right?.

it's the game o acceptance, where we must accept and be fine and just blame the previous game and ignore the new one.

broken game do not means totally unplayable, means which he have broken mechanics which make the game "dont do what he was supposed to do", musical chair not was something to be happening neither to be fun, neither how the sims have the trouble to due to multitask aways does weird things, doing few times is fine, but when the sim keep doing it over and over it's bar the level of "acceptance' if you want a proper working game" otherwise you are just "accepting low and broken mechanics for the sake of "silly".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    There will be no toddlers! When will people get that?
    I mean if lounge chairs and cars are too hard and expensive, what makes everyone think they will spend for something complex like an age group?

This game was dry as a piece of toast when it was released and I doubt anything of substance will change that in 2 months. Drink some truth tea and wash it down.

I use to love The Sims but this past year has made me say forget it. :(

Can people stop offering me tea?

*Offers coffee*

Not gonna say anything just sit here and drink coffee I have learned if you say anything someone jumps down your throat and twists your words. Not worth the time on this site.

Lol, I know right. *Sips coffee*
  • Options
    following that logic then that things where not supposed to be "fixed
    wnqzeoq6fwxuyjdw0h7k.png
    293gbxg.jpg
    because they can be funny and some peoples liked it, right??? as long someone feel is fun then let's keep the bugs.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Yea.
    Ambitions (single sim)
    World adventures (single sim mainly, how can you call exploring a pyramid family play?)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)

Maybe it's how you saw them and played them....I didn't play or see them the same.

I only played nine eps, not all of them. I didn't play WA but I don't see it as family play. Generations is by its theme but I owned it and knew it was supposed to be. Lol it's not how I played them, it's how they were made.

Isn't this. like other things, a matter of opinion? If you see the EPs as being focused on one type of play and someone else sees them as another type of play how can you just make the statement "it's how they were made"? Maybe you are confusing specific family interactions with how many ways it can be played?

It doesn't really matter though. I'm not trying to change your mind just point out it's an opinion. I don't come here to try to change minds....I come to express how I feel about a game, hope TS4 will improve, and that's what's important to me....and how I see TS4 is more openly geared toward the party, lets have a boat of woo hoo and fist bump, bro, luxury style play than I have ever seen a Sim game.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Yea.
    Ambitions (single sim)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)

Seasons has family play. Off the top of my head snow ball fights, water balloon fights up to 8 players. I own every ep so cant remember which is in what ep. But seasons has a fair for every seasons and my sims family uses it. I have explored the tombs with more than one sim . Island paradise is all about owning a hotel? Mine isn't . There is stuff for kids to do in that too. Sprinklers were they in the base game? Sims can play in the sprinklers as a group activity. If you use the sprinklers with the water slides and have group water play when using the slides and sprinklers together. Supernatural toddler fairy can throw a fairy house party which is group activity. The list goes on. I dont get board playing the sims 3 or 2 playing legacy but the sims 4 is most certainly not geared towards legacy family play. The game culls your family tree, has an incest bug, kids have nothing to do but sit in hot tubs and now saunas and discuss emotions . This game is for the single sim player who wants to party
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

well to be fair for me this will be the "pattern of sims series" hate with passion the previous game and love the new one, point every bug the previous had but forgive every bug the current one have and be happy with ea and maxis making the game, because otherwise no game(held hostage total) it's really weird how terrible i see things here, or how the power of "less is more" is strong here.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    @Cinebar

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    As I understand it, the whole tone of the original post is simply another "pat the dissidents on the head thread" by condescendingly reminding them that the previous Sims iterations didn't have a family expansion pack, except for Generations, which came in the Sims 3.

But, that's hardly the point, now is it? As others have pointed out, the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 came with all life stages. The only added life stage was Young Adults in the Sims 2, which only came with University; but was added as a regular life stage in the Sims 3 because TS2 players kept begging the dev team to be able to play outside the University in the regular neighborhood.

So, there was plenty of family play in both TS2 and TS3, especially involving toddlers already. The Sims 4 has eliminated that particular life stage, and it seems family play is limited to children skilling, teens skilling and talking, (and hanging out at the park after midnight...no curfew, apparently)...and most of the skills don't carry over from one stage to the next.

But now, we are being told that we must bear in mind that the earlier iterations were largely geared toward single Sim play style, and that we should be patient because EA will eventually sell us toddlers?

What's wrong with this picture?

If EA thinks I'm going to wait 2 years to buy toddlers, they're out of their ever-loving mind. Heck, if they were released tomorrow in an expansion pack, I wouldn't bother, because they'd probably s. u. c. k.

Correct. I read this thread as stop complaining, and I will remind you why you are wrong, you haters, and it is in rebuttal to the other thread days ago about one person saying she was tired of the game packs being toward single Sim play and all about parties and the single life.

Every time someone points out what they don't like we get a thread like this one to remind us why we are 'so wrong' then we get those who imply without stepping over the rules line, how we should just leave. Sorry, people, I took a break and now I am back with even more vigor.

TS4 has no kids interactions. Sitting on top of the monkey bars and 'talking' is cute but....why can't they run? play tag? have water balloon fights? Play red hands? I can name ten game interactions in the TS2 that isn't in this game...not one play interaction without an object in this game. That is appalling.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    As I understand it, the whole tone of the original post is simply another "pat the dissidents on the head thread" by condescendingly reminding them that the previous Sims iterations didn't have a family expansion pack, except for Generations, which came in the Sims 3.

But, that's hardly the point, now is it? As others have pointed out, the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 came with all life stages. The only added life stage was Young Adults in the Sims 2, which only came with University; but was added as a regular life stage in the Sims 3 because TS2 players kept begging the dev team to be able to play outside the University in the regular neighborhood.

So, there was plenty of family play in both TS2 and TS3, especially involving toddlers already. The Sims 4 has eliminated that particular life stage, and it seems family play is limited to children skilling, teens skilling and talking, (and hanging out at the park after midnight...no curfew, apparently)...and most of the skills don't carry over from one stage to the next.

But now, we are being told that we must bear in mind that the earlier iterations were largely geared toward single Sim play style, and that we should be patient because EA will eventually sell us toddlers?

What's wrong with this picture?

If EA thinks I'm going to wait 2 years to buy toddlers, they're out of their ever-loving mind. Heck, if they were released tomorrow in an expansion pack, I wouldn't bother, because they'd probably s. u. c. k.

yeah really,
    i am asking myself why the devs have even bothered to offer any other life stage than the YA ?
    as decor ?
    probably ...
    & why have teens the same definition as YA ? cause they are YA for the teens pretending to be YA
    nobody playing TS4 is interested in real life stages, nobody
    the game is great, the game is fun, sims are smiling, everybody is happy :lol:
    & all the grumpy complainers should get a life :lol:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

I don't bash T3 whenever I can. I rarely talk about it, unless that is what the subject is or it becomes. I don't go on a thread just to say.. oh yeah like the pudding faces and dingy colors were wonderful! .. by the way I turned that around from a poster I was quoting the other night in a talk bad about S4 thread. I don't mock or roll my eyes about T3 as a game.. so if you are saying I do.. I don't.. please find where I have. Other than this example. Do I think I'm holier than thou because I didn't... no. I felt like there is no reason to waste my time, or energy on something that doesn't give me pleasure. It does not make me better than anyone, happier.. maybe. I love this game.. that makes it quality to me. So we can agree to disagree I think it's quality and you don't. That is fine.

I had to edit this it was a thread about someone that enjoys S4 thread..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I enjoy all the games I don't feel the need to bash anyone over which game the like best or try to force my preferences down everyone else's throats..
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I enjoy all the games I don't feel the need to bash anyone over which game the like best or try to force my preferences down everyone else's throats..

Well put!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yea.
    Ambitions (single sim)
    Showtime (single sim)
    Late night (single sim)

Isn't this. like other things, a matter of opinion? If you see the EPs as being focused on one type of play and someone else sees them as another type of play how can you just make the statement "it's how they were made"? Maybe you are confusing specific family interactions with how many ways it can be played?

It doesn't really matter though. I'm not trying to change your mind just point out it's an opinion. I don't come here to try to change minds....I come to express how I feel about a game, hope TS4 will improve, and that's what's important to me....and how I see TS4 is more openly geared toward the party, lets have a boat of woo hoo and fist bump, bro, luxury style play than I have ever seen a Sim game.

That is exactly how I see it. I have hit a brick wall every time I wanted to take a Sim outside what was there for them to do and what could they do to interact with each other than talk? I wanted to take kids outside and have them playing something together like tag, hide and seek etc.?

No going to happen in freaking base game. I wanted my adult Sims to go outside pull a softball out of their pocket and play some catch. I mean there is Nothing in those public park spaces but a grill sometimes nothing at all. Even TS3 gave the softball in the freaking base game.

There are absolutely no physical interactions between these Sims. All they can do is talk and go to clubs and talk some more. How anyone can say it's more fun than other base games is beyond me, because I'm not a linear player, not going to spend my Sim's ever waking moment filling tasks and meeting goals.

No, I play with life, not scripted play. The problem for me is, I do like these 'Sims' however, I can't stand the linear play, the broken immersion of having to travel by load screen every five seconds, and or how they can't do anything together other than talk.

Even in the TS2 we could send two Sims out together for a jog. Or later a hike etc. This vision has ruined this franchise imho. No one has to agree or disagree with that, but it's left me frustrated and aggravated. I want to get back the things that made the other games great, playing with life, and even some dying when I allowed it, but this game is so shallow.

I do enjoy these 'Sims' but only to a point. Their gameplay is limited and it will remain limited. Can't even animate a lounge chair for poolside because it's expensive. What? Didn't they make enough off the base game and the game packs to pay for that?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I should just stick to this statement...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member

I should just stick to this statement...

It's safer and less stress inducing
    :)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    @Cinebar

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.

Sounds like you did not have a computer that could play the sims 3. I have had the sims 3 on my laptop for over a year. I have never uninstalled the game or used mods. Yes I have used the occasional cheat to fix things (bugs) but otherwise my game runs fine. I Dont freeze on high settings or crash
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Cinebar

well to be fair for me this will be the "pattern of sims series" hate with passion the previous game and love the new one, point every bug the previous had but forgive every bug the current one have and be happy with ea and maxis making the game, because otherwise no game(held hostage total) it's really weird how terrible i see things here, or how the power of "less is more" is strong here.
    Nobody hates Sims 1 with a passion: that one was the first and hating it would be like hating a newborn. You just don't.
    Nobody hates Sims 2 with a passion, that game clearly had something right ;)
    I totally understand how especially rotational players were disappointed with the Sims 3 concept. The thing is: many people didn't care for playing the game rotational and were fine with Story Progression (or even embraced it). I can imagine people missed Sims 2 quirkiness. The thing is: others liked their sims to be more serious. That all is not about quality, it just meant a difference many didn't like.

1 and 2 are not hated, 3 is. By people who preferred 2. But most of them aren't too thrilled about 4 either. And stating Sims 3 fans don't like 4 is pushing at an open door ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    @Cinebar

Nobody hates Sims 1 with a passion: that one was the first and hating it would be like hating a newborn. You just don't.
    I totally understand how especially rotational players were disappointed with the Sims 3 concept. The thing is: many people didn't care for playing the game rotational and were fine with Story Progression (or even embraced it). I can imagine people missed Sims 2 quirkiness. The thing is: others liked their sims to be more serious. That all is not about quality, it just meant a difference many didn't like.

1 and 2 are not hated, 3 is. By people who preferred 2. But most of them aren't too thrilled about 4 either. And stating Sims 3 fans don't like 4 is pushing at an open door ;)

Not sure about the veracity of that. No way to quantify your "most."
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    To each their own. However, when I walk away from a game, I uninstall it and leave. I don't go to the site anymore, I don't post on the forums, I don't wait for updates. I guess just find it odd when people threaten to walk away, yet post on the forums daily. To me, you're holding out, and you're still invested. PS: There's no shame in that at all.

I haven't completely walked away, but I have been playing less -- part of it is waiting for the patch to see what it does for building, but part of it is that I'm starting to feel a bit meh about families. There are very few group activities, even with the SPs -- and when I send my families to swim together or to the hot tub they hop right off and go off to do their solo stuff on the computer or the game machine. Sometimes it feels like they're not a family, just a collection of individuals.

And when you do follow a single Sim, the others are stuck -- my Sim works at the science lab till 7pm, then I have to get home, get everyone to eat dinner and the kids to do their homework and maybe a little work on skills in the 2-3 hours before I have to get them to bed. (And that's with a mod that reduces motive decay so I can actually keep them up till 10 or 11pm Sim time.) Even if you do the "care for self" tone, they're not progressing in skills or getting stuff done that needs to be done.

I'm not totally against loading screens because I had so many routing issues in Sims 3. But when I heard "smarter Sims" I thought of Sims who could actually take care of their own needs without my telling them to do homework or go to the bathroom...and when I'm off with another "family" member fishing or looking for collectibles or working, the others are just standing around doing nothing. Literally. :|

I still enjoy the game when I take the time to play it...but I've been finding more excuses not to play it, and that's the first time that's happened with any Sims game. Maybe this game was designed more for players who'd never played a Sims game, and us older players need to realize that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @Cinebar

:lol:

--T