Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.

Sounds like you did not have a computer that could play the sims 3. I have had the sims 3 on my laptop for over a year. I have never uninstalled the game or used mods. Yes I have used the occasional cheat to fix things (bugs) but otherwise my game runs fine. I Dont freeze on high settings or crash

My specs:
    Processor: Intel core i7-4770K Processor (4x 3.50HHz/8mb L3 Cache
    Processor cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooling system
    Memory 16 GB [4GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780- 3 GB Single card.
    Power supply - 850 Thermaltake SP 850M
    Primary Hard Drive 2 TB Hard drive 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
    Motherboard MSI 287 G43 - 2x PCIe 2x USB 3.0 HDMI
    Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate

I had this when I was playing sims 3 it would not recognize my video card and the game played like trash!
    So that is not the computer to play sims 3? Boy, If that is not a computer to play sims 3 then I think they messed up somewhere.

Did you come in the sims 3 tech thread and ask how to get the game to work? There are certain things you have to do when you have a newer card than the game. Also the game has no FPS limiter so you have to add the game to your nvidia control panel and you must use vsync. On your card not using vsync Im sure the game would play horrible. FPS would probably run over 400. If you need help with this you can pm me

My laptop I have a GTX 770m 3gb, i7 2.4-3.4 Ghz turbo 16gb ram, SSD Game plays fine . Been on there for a year no mods

My son's desktop has a EVGA GTX 960 Superclock 4gb , 16 gb ram i5 3.5 Ghz on SSD game plays fine

However on my sons desktop the 960 card on high speed the game will get jerky and stutter if you move the camera around and this seems to just be with a lot of higher end desktop cards so dont move around at high speed. LOL

I am pause player so I dont have to play in high speed especially when moving around and I have large households so controlling them is easier at slower speeds

I spent most of my sims 3 days in the tech forums. I was helped by @blunote00 who actually got my card recognized with the files you mentioned, but whenever I had to re-install which was often the whole process had to be redone. I also got help from @ceejay and from @Goldmoldar and many others and the darn thing just would not play for very long and that was not on high settings either.

I have never changed my sgr files. Only added the game to nvidia control panel and put vsync on adaptive game plays fine n both computers accept for the playing in high speed issue

Do you still have the game installed?
    The game is still installed, but I have not been to it in awhile, I am not sure that it even plays still. I completely gave it up when the Sims 4 came out and I could actually play the game. I also have sims 2 and The Sims still installed. They all play very well without a problem just the sims 3 does not. I have other games that play really well on the computer, none give me problems just the sims 3 I have vsync installed also.

Im sending you a pm on some things to try and see if it will work for you. Since you paid for the game you should be able to play it

Thanks but, I am really just fed-up with the game I play S1 and S2 and S4 so I am happy with that

well I sent it to you need it in the future you have it
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

This is all great to say about sims 3, but there were a lot of us that could not play the game, meeting requirements and then some, the game hated my computer, so I can't really judge the sims 3. I have all the packs in hope that the next pack would make a difference in the play, but, alas it did not. I was uninstalling and reinstalling the game more than I played it. I needed mods to make the game play, and even with them the game played but not always. The open world was awful in my opinion as the game kept freezing up because of bad routing issues. I also got a lot of crashing to the desktop and so I was unable to play the game long enough to get a toddler to be a child as the game would freeze or bork in some way, and I had to start all over again. So I would think that sims 3 is a broken game, as I could not play it as it should have been played.
    I can play sims 4 I can actually get a sim to the point of being an elder and passing, with families and houses etc. I could never do that with sims 3. I just think that we should not be comparing games, there are some games that play on computers well and others that do not. There are also different ways to play the game, and not everyone plays the same. I bet I could get four or five people to play this game and all would play it different and all would want different things in the game. It is just human nature.

Sounds like you did not have a computer that could play the sims 3. I have had the sims 3 on my laptop for over a year. I have never uninstalled the game or used mods. Yes I have used the occasional cheat to fix things (bugs) but otherwise my game runs fine. I Dont freeze on high settings or crash

My specs:
    Processor: Intel core i7-4770K Processor (4x 3.50HHz/8mb L3 Cache
    Processor cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 Liquid CPU Cooling system
    Memory 16 GB [4GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780- 3 GB Single card.
    Power supply - 850 Thermaltake SP 850M
    Primary Hard Drive 2 TB Hard drive 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s Single Drive
    Motherboard MSI 287 G43 - 2x PCIe 2x USB 3.0 HDMI
    Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate

I had this when I was playing sims 3 it would not recognize my video card and the game played like trash!
    So that is not the computer to play sims 3? Boy, If that is not a computer to play sims 3 then I think they messed up somewhere.

Did you come in the sims 3 tech thread and ask how to get the game to work? There are certain things you have to do when you have a newer card than the game. Also the game has no FPS limiter so you have to add the game to your nvidia control panel and you must use vsync. On your card not using vsync Im sure the game would play horrible. FPS would probably run over 400. If you need help with this you can pm me

My laptop I have a GTX 770m 3gb, i7 2.4-3.4 Ghz turbo 16gb ram, SSD Game plays fine . Been on there for a year no mods

My son's desktop has a EVGA GTX 960 Superclock 4gb , 16 gb ram i5 3.5 Ghz on SSD game plays fine

However on my sons desktop the 960 card on high speed the game will get jerky and stutter if you move the camera around and this seems to just be with a lot of higher end desktop cards so dont move around at high speed. LOL

I am pause player so I dont have to play in high speed especially when moving around and I have large households so controlling them is easier at slower speeds

I spent most of my sims 3 days in the tech forums. I was helped by @blunote00 who actually got my card recognized with the files you mentioned, but whenever I had to re-install which was often the whole process had to be redone. I also got help from @ceejay and from @Goldmoldar and many others and the darn thing just would not play for very long and that was not on high settings either.

I have never changed my sgr files. Only added the game to nvidia control panel and put vsync on adaptive game plays fine n both computers accept for the playing in high speed issue

Do you still have the game installed?
    The game is still installed, but I have not been to it in awhile, I am not sure that it even plays still. I completely gave it up when the Sims 4 came out and I could actually play the game. I also have sims 2 and The Sims still installed. They all play very well without a problem just the sims 3 does not. I have other games that play really well on the computer, none give me problems just the sims 3 I have vsync installed also.

Im sending you a pm on some things to try and see if it will work for you. Since you paid for the game you should be able to play it

Thanks but, I am really just fed-up with the game I play S1 and S2 and S4 so I am happy with that

well I sent it to you need it in the future you have it

Thanks for sending it, I do appreciate it. I really do. I will keep it in case I feel the need to play sims 3.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I disagree with you, OP. Every EP in the past added something for family play, except maybe the hot date/ nightlife ones. Even University made it more fun to play with kids, with the scholarship applications and private schools. TS2 Freetime had a ton of afterschool activities that you could join. Someone else mentioned how kids were involved with Open For Business, and I wholly agree. The thing is, with TS2 they really didn't need to add much more because the base relationships were so rich. Toddler vs toddler interactions and toddler vs child interactions were really cool and meaningful, and occassionally funny. I can see not releasing the game with pools and cars, but taking out toddlers and nerfing the teen stage was a huge mistake.
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    @Cinebar

They were in the majority because we Sims 2 players who hated Sims 3 went back to the Sims 2 and its forum. We took the high road and acted like adults. Part of the issue here is that EA and Maxis made the mistake of combining all the forums into one place. But they didn't take into account that most of the people who were left on the official forums were the players that managed to like Sims 3. This has a lot to do with the issues here.

You have admitted yourself that the only reason you are here is to get "support" for your hate of Sims 4 and apparently could care less about anything or anyone else who opinion differs from your own. Because these forums are so toxic to those that like the game, we have gone to other places. Despite what many here would like to believe Sims 4 is doing just fine. It has fans, mods, custom content, and the Gallary has hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, and it has made a nice profit for EA... The beat does go on.

And yes I hated Sims 3 with a passion. I unlike you was there for it's launch. Many of the things that you constantly point out that you love so much, didn't come until much later. The opening game was horrible. The only thing it offered was all the life stages with everything that wasn't young adult poorly done, to include toddlers. As an example the little play toy that the toddlers draw on. It was nothing but a décor object as were many things. It also had the open world with nothing in it but some lame park, and one community lot with the rest being those horrible rabbit holes. In addition there were those ugly pudding faced Sims, and they didn't get that name for nothing. The SP was so broken that it would delete a Sim that you had just made and constantly spawn random Sims that had no rhyme or reason. CAST was created as a way for EA to attempt to throw a bone to players and to force them to use the store. That is why they made it so difficult to add custom content. They actually tried to justify their overpriced store items by pointing out how you could use CAST to make more of the same, just different colors. We won't even get into all the bugs it developed.

Yet despite all of this some people liked it, and I left them alone to enjoy it. As had been stated before, it does not matter to me if someone doesn't like Sims 4, but to hang onto the forum for no reason other than to get "support" for bashing it I think is rather low.

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

Apparently its not getting there attention. I doubt there is going to be a sims 5 even if there is it does not mean you are going to get what you want.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

Really, you didn't read the high amount of demanding pools, and ghosts? OH, yeah I forgot you have me on ignore, funny you read what I say and answer when I do say something that gets in your craw. Wonder if all those complaints about lockable doors were in the 'works' on day one? I don't think so.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

They were in the majority because we Sims 2 players who hated Sims 3 went back to the Sims 2 and its forum. We took the high road and acted like adults. Part of the issue here is that EA and Maxis made the mistake of combining all the forums into one place. But they didn't take into account that most of the people who were left on the official forums were the players that managed to like Sims 3. This has a lot to do with the issues here.

You have admitted yourself that the only reason you are here is to get "support" for your hate of Sims 4 and apparently could care less about anything or anyone else who opinion differs from your own. Because these forums are so toxic to those that like the game, we have gone to other places. Despite what many here would like to believe Sims 4 is doing just fine. It has fans, mods, custom content, and the Gallary has hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, and it has made a nice profit for EA... The beat does go on.

And yes I hated Sims 3 with a passion. I unlike you was there for it's launch. Many of the things that you constantly point out that you love so much, didn't come until much later. The opening game was horrible. The only thing it offered was all the life stages with everything that wasn't young adult poorly done, to include toddlers. As an example the little play toy that the toddlers draw on. It was nothing but a décor object as were many things. It also had the open world with nothing in it but some lame park, and one community lot with the rest being those horrible rabbit holes. In addition there were those ugly pudding faced Sims, and they didn't get that name for nothing. The SP was so broken that it would delete a Sim that you had just made and constantly spawn random Sims that had no rhyme or reason. CAST was created as a way for EA to attempt to throw a bone to players and to force them to use the store. That is why they made it so difficult to add custom content. They actually tried to justify their overpriced store items by pointing out how you could use CAST to make more of the same, just different colors. We won't even get into all the bugs it developed.

Yet despite all of this some people liked it, and I left them alone to enjoy it. As had been stated before, it does not matter to me if someone doesn't like Sims 4, but to hang onto the forum for no reason other than to get "support" for bashing it I think is rather low.

Well said. I did not care for sims 3(no its not because I had problems it worked good on my computer) I just did not care for it. Sims 2 was my favorite..
  • Options
    marie29 wrote: »
    @Cinebar

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

Apparently its not getting there attention. I doubt there is going to be a sims 5 even if there is it does not mean you are going to get what you want.

Yes, and I am going to bet no matter what they call it, it's an app next time. Enjoy to those who expected bigger and better than your precious TS4. Funny, I came here to logically discuss the OPs condescending expression we should just hush because all other EPs were about the Single Sim and now it has turned into a Cinebar bashing thread. I guess gurus, if you have eyes, you can read how the hate spews over from happy campers. And one reason your franchise is gaining momentum of allowing bullying no matter the age, to those who are unhappy with this game. Your trolls, EA, come in all shapes and sizes, and just because they love the TS4 doesn't make them any less a troll.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar

Well said. I did not care for sims 3(no its not because I had problems it worked good on my computer) I just did not care for it. Sims 2 was my favorite..

Mine too! I also like the quaintness of the sims 1
  • Options
    K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

Again YOU are wrong. Don't be coming into threads attacking people for the very same thing that you are famous for. Back off and reevaluate the situation and maybe you will see the light.
  • Options

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Yes, and I am going to bet no matter what they call it, it's an app next time. Enjoy to those who expected bigger and better than your precious TS4. Funny, I came here to logically discuss the OPs condescending expression we should just hush because all other EPs were about the Single Sim and now it has turned into a Cinebar bashing thread. I guess gurus, if you have eyes, you can read how the hate spews over from happy campers. And one reason your franchise is gaining momentum of allowing bullying no matter the age, to those who are unhappy with this game. Your trolls, EA, come in all shapes and sizes, and just because they love the TS4 doesn't make them any less a troll.

Man, you know that two of us are "opposite" and want completely different stuff in this game, but this statement deserved respect from me.
    Thumbup.
  • Options

Awww, keep trying!

You can't name and shame here, and you have here and the activity page, yikes!
  • Options
    @Cinebar

Sorry if you feel I was trying to be a bully I was just trying to say its not always going to be what we want. I would love to have toddlers and what is missing.

• Options
    K4le8 wrote: »

Awww, keep trying!

What?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    You're breaking the rules, just to let you know.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee
    Loved your post. I have Cinebar blocked. I just could not take anymore

You are naming and shaming Cinebar by saying you have her on block, and that is against the rules.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar

Sorry if you feel I was trying to be a bully I was just trying to say its not always going to be what we want. I would love to have toddlers and what is missing.

What I have said but it is off topic is complaining has brought about pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, (one of my own request somewhere) reg. careers (2 in patch), etc. I'm not even sure basements were planned. However, I will agree they held off on these things due to EA's business model now is to release new content monthly. So, imho they are piece milling out one thing at a time because EA wants all their games to offer new content once a month etc. That is the business model for EA. But the problem with that is, long time players are frustrated with having to hang around to get base game content handed out one thing at a time, month after month. It's not something Simmers are used to doing, but more in line with RPG setups and their content released on a weekly or monthly basis. If others think that is just griping to point that out, then they need some comprehension or understanding of what is actually being said by me.

ETA: and to further aggravate the situation, EA's model may be o.k. for rpg games, however, The Maxis team are only delivering base game content on a monthly bases. It's not like it's new exciting stuff, but the stuff most of felt should have been in the base to begin with. If EA wants to continue this business model for all their games even the life simulator, then Maxis should be releasing new content no seen before, not having to placate long time fans and can't give them anything other than what is missing if the base game core had been sound.
  • Options

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee

You are naming and shaming Cinebar by saying you have her on block, and that is against the rules.

Didn't realize it was against the rules, I was trying to defuse a situation that could have gotten out of hand. She asked me to block her, so I thought nothing of saying it.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee

Didn't realize it was against the rules, I was trying to defuse a situation that could have gotten out of hand. She asked me to block her, so I thought nothing of saying it.
    Too late.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee

Too late.

OK whatever!
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

[/quote]

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending. [/quote]

If negative feedback was the thing that worked, you would have toddlers and open world now. The fact is that asking people in a decent tone and manner are what is most effective. The pools were coming all along. That was obvious in the fact that the fountains were pools. They just had to finish the animations. As for the rest, yes knowing that players want something and ask for it is helpful. Being nasty, negative and mean does not further any cause.

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited July 2015

If negative feedback was the thing that worked, you would have toddlers and open world now. The fact is that asking people in a decent tone and manner are what is most effective. The pools were coming all along. That was obvious in the fact that the fountains were pools. They just had to finish the animations. As for the rest, yes knowing that players want something and ask for it is helpful. Being nasty, negative and mean does not further any cause.

A civil ray of light in this dark cesspool, its so beautiful I may cry..
    tumblr_mekx4jpVdt1rvd5iy.gif

I have decided I like you..

edit the quote messed up :/
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#

Are you kidding? Seriously? Show me the rule that says one cannot list the people they have on ignore.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

Awww, keep trying!

What?
    jimmysnan → Gnarl_Lee

How is that shaming anyone? Explain this to me, please.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

[/quote]
    Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.
    [/quote]

The place to go if you are enjoying Sims 3 is the Sim 3 forum where you can share your enjoyment with others. (No point in voicing complaints now) Coming here to look for people to join in your bash fest is doing so at the expense of others. Just as you don't like to hear people talk negatively about Sims 3 issues, put yourself in the place of Sims 4 players who are enjoying their game. And don't bother telling me "just don't go into those threads." People like myself go into these threads to push back against the hate, and to not allow the Sims 4 forum to be taken over by the malcontents. Sometimes you stay on the sidelines and at other times you need to take a stand.