Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    Mendota wrote: »

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending. [/quote]

If negative feedback was the thing that worked, you would have toddlers and open world now. The fact is that asking people in a decent tone and manner are what is most effective. The pools were coming all along. That was obvious in the fact that the fountains were pools. They just had to finish the animations. As for the rest, yes knowing that players want something and ask for it is helpful. Being nasty, negative and mean does not further any cause.

[/quote]

No one is demanding open world. Most of us have the good sense to know this game engine built by Maxis for Maxis and this game, can't support open world. Considering SimGuruGraham said this game's progress depends on the feedback they receive and what sells and doesn't sell just lends more credit to what I said. Future content in the 'patches' is based on feedback. True, other content like GPs and SPs are already planned from the TS4 survey, (did you get to take it?) but the direct feedback (negative or otherwise) is what will be thought about when doing the monthly patches. Maxis is meeting EA's requirement to give free content monthly. However, what Maxis has done is give base game content. The only new things you have seen (like for RPG games from EA) is Star Wars outfits, everything else is old news, base game stuff.

So, Maxis is meeting EA's demand to release free content monthly, however, Maxis is also just giving base game and or expanding hoods etc. since most base games before the TS4 had more lots etc. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you or how to explain it.

They had a duty but they are not giving you anything 'new' other than things you didn't want like Star Wars costumes so they have held out base game features to release ever month due to they have a duty to EA to give away free content monthly. You need to read their own statements.

ETA: If you want to link where I was nasty and mean by all means do it. But just because I am blunt doesn't mean I am mean. Comprehension is a great gift when understanding someone's frustration.

ETA: concerning pools, I guess you missed guru statements where they said things were hard and expensive. If it was already in the 'works' then there was no need to make fans mad and not tell them to calm down things would eventually come along. If you tell me they cant' do that, then that's their problem because they failed to communicate with customers they lost a great deal of players. They are gone, not coming back. Because Gurus decided to tell people it is hard and expensive, and can't be added etc. but then they are or whatever it might be, they lose trust, and when a company loses trusts, it's on a slippery slope and why TS4 is not favored due not only to how different it is than the others but for statements out of gurus' mouths.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Wow... up to page 7 and I think it's time for a gif. O.o

dancing-baby2.gif
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't anyone here who dislikes and or is upset with the TS4 is here just to hate. We remain or return because we want to make darn sure EA doesn't make these mistakes with the TS5 and the only way to do that is to show in very clear terms what the problems (to us/me) are that will also keep me from buying the TS5 if there should be one. Because guess what hundreds and hundreds of happy feedback threads in the TS3 idea and feedback section of giving them ideas about family play and toddlers or whatever else we wanted for TS3 didn't work. They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

If negative feedback was the thing that worked, you would have toddlers and open world now. The fact is that asking people in a decent tone and manner are what is most effective. The pools were coming all along. That was obvious in the fact that the fountains were pools. They just had to finish the animations. As for the rest, yes knowing that players want something and ask for it is helpful. Being nasty, negative and mean does not further any cause.

ETA: If you want to link where I was nasty and mean by all means do it. But just because I am blunt doesn't mean I am mean. Comprehension is a great gift when understanding someone's frustration.

You meant besides that right?
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Wow... up to page 7 and I think it's time for a gif. O.o

dancing-baby2.gif
    Let's bring some light to this dark cave...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Cinebar

Umm maybe people like to play more games than one? Maybe they have things they want improved in the Sims 4 game they actually enjoy playing otherwise to be fixed or improved. I was telling someone the other day I don't even like to post about things that I want improved here because there are posters that take it and run with it. Using whatever little bit of info they get to try to smear others with. When those others are simply wanting certain aspects of a game they really like improved.. bugs ect.
    So what is wrong with praising it and wanting it to get better because you actually enjoy it? I really am baffled.
    this means which you prefer a broken game and get everything being "sold" in overpriced stuffs and things like that, because that is what i see here a lot.

games are supposed to evolve is not a matter or just "want or no", get all the games ate E3 and any others games and look at sims 4, the fact of the game was made 32 bit only already was a terrible sin for then where 32 bit is a outdated system which almost none top game companie is doing anymore go to the others branchs of ea and see how much '32 bit only" games they having or go look how much "pack based" games they have(games which need countless packs to feel complete).

No I don't like a "broken game". You think it's a broken game .. I don't. I think it is a very good game and I enjoy playing it. I don't like to be accused of settling or encouraging EA to make broken games. Especially as I didn't like S3 at all it gave me no enjoyment. I suppose I should have stayed on the forums and made my point over and over again about how bad S3 was to me and how everyone buying it was just encouraging EA to sell a bad product?
    It seems to me not liking Sims 3 was more personal than not liking Sims 4. If Sims 4 was a great game many people were enjoying tremendously, I wouldn't be here. Because quite frankly, the reason I do come here is because I feel supported in my feeling Sims 4 is an inferior game. By people who tried it, played it thoroughly even, and can nail the issues in ways I can't. Supported by people who do basically like it but meet the very same issues.

I wasn't around here when Sims 3 started, but I can imagine the forums just were no fun for Sims 3 haters because the Sims 3 lovers were in the majority. Negativity topics probably didn't have a chance (like negative posts still don't stand a chance in the Sims 3 section right now). But correct me if I'm wrong. Am I to believe all those peole who feel the need now to bash Sims 3 whenever they can (expressing 'hating it with a passion' even, something I don't see anyone not liking 4 doing), were a paragon of mature self control back then? Leaving the game they didn't like to the ones who did in an almost sacred kind of modesty? If they were then, why aren't they now? I don't buy it. There's a clear difference between 3 and 4: quality.

They were in the majority because we Sims 2 players who hated Sims 3 went back to the Sims 2 and its forum. We took the high road and acted like adults. Part of the issue here is that EA and Maxis made the mistake of combining all the forums into one place. But they didn't take into account that most of the people who were left on the official forums were the players that managed to like Sims 3. This has a lot to do with the issues here.

You have admitted yourself that the only reason you are here is to get "support" for your hate of Sims 4 and apparently could care less about anything or anyone else who opinion differs from your own. Because these forums are so toxic to those that like the game, we have gone to other places. Despite what many here would like to believe Sims 4 is doing just fine. It has fans, mods, custom content, and the Gallary has hundreds of thousands of visitors each day, and it has made a nice profit for EA... The beat does go on.

And yes I hated Sims 3 with a passion. I unlike you was there for it's launch. Many of the things that you constantly point out that you love so much, didn't come until much later. The opening game was horrible. The only thing it offered was all the life stages with everything that wasn't young adult poorly done, to include toddlers. As an example the little play toy that the toddlers draw on. It was nothing but a décor object as were many things. It also had the open world with nothing in it but some lame park, and one community lot with the rest being those horrible rabbit holes. In addition there were those ugly pudding faced Sims, and they didn't get that name for nothing. The SP was so broken that it would delete a Sim that you had just made and constantly spawn random Sims that had no rhyme or reason. CAST was created as a way for EA to attempt to throw a bone to players and to force them to use the store. That is why they made it so difficult to add custom content. They actually tried to justify their overpriced store items by pointing out how you could use CAST to make more of the same, just different colors. We won't even get into all the bugs it developed.

Yet despite all of this some people liked it, and I left them alone to enjoy it. As had been stated before, it does not matter to me if someone doesn't like Sims 4, but to hang onto the forum for no reason other than to get "support" for bashing it I think is rather low.

A civil post!
    I salute you and give you an honorary internet cookie and coffee!

Thank you. I prefer coffee.

• Options
    Thank you. I prefer coffee.

A plumbob after my own heart!

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2015
    Cute but no matter how sophisticated gifs get my all time favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpMlwVwydo

Well I didn't know that would happen
    Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#

Are you kidding? Seriously? Show me the rule that says one cannot list the people they have on ignore.

I want to know how tumbling in and calling someone out repeatedly for a simple sentence isn't naming and shaming actually.. but you know pot/kettle?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    They only seem to understand strong, negative feedback which got you pools, ghosts, lockable doors, half walls, reg. careers (in patch) etc. etc. No amount of please will you allow toddlers to do this or that in future games worked. So, it seems the only way to actually get their attention is to rant and to stop spending.

again you are wrong...sorry, but you don't get to take credit for anything other than turning this place into a "hate-popularity contest"...I thought you left the forums btw....made a big long diatribe about how fed up you were...your words would hold more weight if you actually stood by what you say...now youre back, spewing the same old hate...boring!

What is a 'hate-populatrity contest'? I did been gone over ten days or longer. Wasn't even here when they announced kids can get a mud bath. Found that out yesterday. If you don't like what I say, do me a favor and put me on ignore. I see you are the same snarky troll you were the last time I posted.

Personally, I don't think you are in any position to call anyone else a troll. Just because someone pointed out something that you would rather forget or makes you uncomfortable doesn't change the truth of what they said.. I think the term Hate-popularity fits pretty well for what you often do, and the fact that you cannot stay away speaks volumes.

• Options

I think pools and ghosts and all the other stuff were waiting and no amount of negative feedback would have made any difference. I have Cinebar on blocked so I would not have seen her post, so I can't comment on her leaving, but I did hear that in other posts.

ETA: Name shaming is against the rules to say you have me on ignore. rule breaker. :#

Are you kidding? Seriously? Show me the rule that says one cannot list the people they have on ignore.

It was something we (you and me were in the thread) in Dec. about ignore buttons etc. and SBChick said it was naming and shaming. You aren't allowed to tell others you put so and so on ignore. You must have forgotten it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.
    [/quote]

The place to go if you are enjoying Sims 3 is the Sim 3 forum where you can share your enjoyment with others. (No point in voicing complaints now) Coming here to look for people to join in your bash fest is doing so at the expense of others. Just as you don't like to hear people talk negatively about Sims 3 issues, put yourself in the place of Sims 4 players who are enjoying their game. And don't bother telling me "just don't go into those threads." People like myself go into these threads to push back against the hate, and to not allow the Sims 4 forum to be taken over by the malcontents. Sometimes you stay on the sidelines and at other times you need to take a stand.

[/quote]

You know you have been boarding for a long time now, in almost every thread you enter of telling people who dislike the TS4 or even mad about something about the game, they should leave. Wonder if you see that or are you doing it on purpose and just barely under the radar. Most clever people can see you do this often. You just barely get under the radar so you don't get flagged or reported.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    See- TS3 didn't combine the sites. There was still the Sims 2 BBS where the Sims 2 players could stay and share and whatever (Same with The Sims site- it was up for a few years, too). There was still the trolls but that's normal on sites.

Here, we're made to be in one place. I'd not be here if TS3 or TS2 sites were still up. I'd not be so sad seeing this section as I stroll through. So, it's not much of a high road if there's another site to post on and to ignore what isn't wanted. :lol:
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

It was something we (you and me were in the thread) in Dec. about ignore buttons etc. and SBChick said it was naming and shaming. You aren't allowed to tell others you put so and so on ignore. You must have forgotten it.

You got a link?
  • Options

What is a 'hate-populatrity contest'? I did been gone over ten days or longer. Wasn't even here when they announced kids can get a mud bath. Found that out yesterday. If you don't like what I say, do me a favor and put me on ignore. I see you are the same snarky troll you were the last time I posted.

Personally, I don't think you are in any position to call anyone else a troll. Just because someone pointed out something that you would rather forget or makes you uncomfortable doesn't change the truth of what they said.. I think the term Hate-popularity fits pretty well for what you often do, and the fact that you cannot stay away speaks volumes.

The fact you aren't playing your game but here to defend the TS4 speaks a lot, but I won't get into that. It 'needs' defending doesn't it? Wonder why you feel you need to defend it so much. I mean you did say you are here to keep us from taking over 'your' forums didn't you?
  • Options

The fact you aren't playing your game but here to defend the TS4 speaks a lot, but I won't get into that. It 'needs' defending doesn't it? Wonder why you feel you need to defend it so much. I mean you did say you are here to keep us from taking over 'your' forums didn't you?

Umm you can come on the forums for a game you like actually....

• Options

She is defending other simmers, not the game....
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    :hugz: @Cinebar

Don't let them get you, too.

snapshot_213320a3_41fcd2f2_zpsx20zfwkv.jpg

• Options
    Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.
    [/quote]

The place to go if you are enjoying Sims 3 is the Sim 3 forum where you can share your enjoyment with others. (No point in voicing complaints now) Coming here to look for people to join in your bash fest is doing so at the expense of others. Just as you don't like to hear people talk negatively about Sims 3 issues, put yourself in the place of Sims 4 players who are enjoying their game. And don't bother telling me "just don't go into those threads." People like myself go into these threads to push back against the hate, and to not allow the Sims 4 forum to be taken over by the malcontents. Sometimes you stay on the sidelines and at other times you need to take a stand.

[/quote]

Why does it bother you if some hate this game is the bigger question.
  • Options
    [/quote]

No one is demanding open world. Most of us have the good sense to know this game engine built by Maxis for Maxis and this game, can't support open world. Considering SimGuruGraham said this game's progress depends on the feedback they receive and what sells and doesn't sell just lends more credit to what I said. Future content in the 'patches' is based on feedback. True, other content like GPs and SPs are already planned from the TS4 survey, (did you get to take it?) but the direct feedback (negative or otherwise) is what will be thought about when doing the monthly patches. Maxis is meeting EA's requirement to give free content monthly. However, what Maxis has done is give base game content. The only new things you have seen (like for RPG games from EA) is Star Wars outfits, everything else is old news, base game stuff.

So, Maxis is meeting EA's demand to release free content monthly, however, Maxis is also just giving base game and or expanding hoods etc. since most base games before the TS4 had more lots etc. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you or how to explain it.

They had a duty but they are not giving you anything 'new' other than things you didn't want like Star Wars costumes so they have held out base game features to release ever month due to they have a duty to EA to give away free content monthly. You need to read their own statements.

ETA: concerning pools, I guess you missed guru statements where they said things were hard and expensive. If it was already in the 'works' then there was no need to make fans mad and not tell them to calm down things would eventually come along. If you tell me they cant' do that, then that's their problem because they failed to communicate with customers they lost a great deal of players. They are gone, not coming back. Because Gurus decided to tell people it is hard and expensive, and can't be added etc. but then they are or whatever it might be, they lose trust, and when a company loses trusts, it's on a slippery slope and why TS4 is not favored due not only to how different it is than the others but for statements out of gurus' mouths.[/quote]

The gurus have learned to just give a standard answer and move on due in large part to people acting like you. As I stated earlier nastiness and negativity do not work, people just ignore and avoid engaging with such people. And you have no idea who is "gone" and not coming back. You can only speak for yourself, and it seems that you are back.

There are many games that EA is responsible for, and on most of the other forums the developers are engaging with the players. The Sims is the exception not the rule. However they are engaging the fans on Facebook and Twitter, and on some of the other web sites so that is where I now go.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

OT: I use that same PlantSim replacement skin! Cool picture. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

OT: I use that same PlantSim replacement skin! Cool picture. :)

Cool! :mrgreen:

She became my Alien/PlantSim/Werewolf/Witch/Zombie/Vampire (is that all?) who used the Genie lamp and brought home Bigfoot. XD
  • Options

[/quote]

Why does it bother you if some hate this game is the bigger question.[/quote]

An even bigger question is why does it bother you so much that someone likes the game? Hey you are the one making post after post trying to convince others of what??? You are the one that posted that you were fed up etc. and were leaving only to return. I have already stated my position and unlike you I don't need to repeat myself.

To go back onto topic, the OP was correct in pointing out that it took quite awhile for the Maxis team to release packs more geared to family and home like and the same pattern seems to be repeating itself. Maxis has often had trouble seeing how appealing every day life is to players.

• Options
    White Knights- In for the Rescue! Lmao

I don't agree with the OP's assumption. There is no pattern unless they stick to the New Idea/Old Idea which they haven't. IMO.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Good Night Irene, what happened to this thread?

Godzilla does not approve...

GodzillaKick_zps4a95b3da.gif

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    White Knights- In for the Rescue! Lmao

I don't agree with the OP's assumption. There is no pattern unless they stick to the New Idea/Old Idea which they haven't. IMO.

Name calling, really?