Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Reminder;

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

No one is demanding open world. Most of us have the good sense to know this game engine built by Maxis for Maxis and this game, can't support open world. Considering SimGuruGraham said this game's progress depends on the feedback they receive and what sells and doesn't sell just lends more credit to what I said. Future content in the 'patches' is based on feedback. True, other content like GPs and SPs are already planned from the TS4 survey, (did you get to take it?) but the direct feedback (negative or otherwise) is what will be thought about when doing the monthly patches. Maxis is meeting EA's requirement to give free content monthly. However, what Maxis has done is give base game content. The only new things you have seen (like for RPG games from EA) is Star Wars outfits, everything else is old news, base game stuff.

So, Maxis is meeting EA's demand to release free content monthly, however, Maxis is also just giving base game and or expanding hoods etc. since most base games before the TS4 had more lots etc. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you or how to explain it.

They had a duty but they are not giving you anything 'new' other than things you didn't want like Star Wars costumes so they have held out base game features to release ever month due to they have a duty to EA to give away free content monthly. You need to read their own statements.

ETA: If you want to link where I was nasty and mean by all means do it. But just because I am blunt doesn't mean I am mean. Comprehension is a great gift when understanding someone's frustration.

ETA: concerning pools, I guess you missed guru statements where they said things were hard and expensive. If it was already in the 'works' then there was no need to make fans mad and not tell them to calm down things would eventually come along. If you tell me they cant' do that, then that's their problem because they failed to communicate with customers they lost a great deal of players. They are gone, not coming back. Because Gurus decided to tell people it is hard and expensive, and can't be added etc. but then they are or whatever it might be, they lose trust, and when a company loses trusts, it's on a slippery slope and why TS4 is not favored due not only to how different it is than the others but for statements out of gurus' mouths.[/quote]

The gurus have learned to just give a standard answer and move on due in large part to people acting like you. As I stated earlier nastiness and negativity do not work, people just ignore and avoid engaging with such people. And you have no idea who is "gone" and not coming back. You can only speak for yourself, and it seems that you are back.

There are many games that EA is responsible for, and on most of the other forums the developers are engaging with the players. The Sims is the exception not the rule. However they are engaging the fans on Facebook and Twitter, and on some of the other web sites so that is where I now go.[/quote]

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    White Knights- In for the Rescue! Lmao

I don't agree with the OP's assumption. There is no pattern unless they stick to the New Idea/Old Idea which they haven't. IMO.

Nope not rescuing anything there is no need for that just as there as no need to attack another person's game preference, or call names.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2015
    zip ... this thread is going nowhere
    Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited July 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."
  • Options
    Darkling wrote: »
    Good Night Irene, what happened to this thread?

Godzilla does not approve...

GodzillaKick_zps4a95b3da.gif

Off topic what the heck happened to Godzilla poor thing looks glitched out...

Love your siggy so awesome.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    You should all just hug it out and shut up already
    hug-it-out.jpg
    :mrgreen:
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.

The place to go if you are enjoying Sims 3 is the Sim 3 forum where you can share your enjoyment with others. (No point in voicing complaints now) Coming here to look for people to join in your bash fest is doing so at the expense of others. Just as you don't like to hear people talk negatively about Sims 3 issues, put yourself in the place of Sims 4 players who are enjoying their game. And don't bother telling me "just don't go into those threads." People like myself go into these threads to push back against the hate, and to not allow the Sims 4 forum to be taken over by the malcontents. Sometimes you stay on the sidelines and at other times you need to take a stand.

Why does it bother you if some hate this game is the bigger question.[/quote]

An even bigger question is why does it bother you so much that someone likes the game? Hey you are the one making post after post trying to convince others of what??? You are the one that posted that you were fed up etc. and were leaving only to return. I have already stated my position and unlike you I don't need to repeat myself.

To go back onto topic, the OP was correct in pointing out that it took quite awhile for the Maxis team to release packs more geared to family and home like and the same pattern seems to be repeating itself. Maxis has often had trouble seeing how appealing every day life is to players.

[/quote]

You know you are derailing the OPs thread don't you? There should be a button for derailing. This conversation was about telling players to stop complaining because all the other EPs were about the single life etc. But the OP has failed to return for several pages now. You guys decided to come into it and bash the TS3 and players or customers who pointed out where his theory is wrong. Because the base games of the other games could support an EP for a single Sim since the base games had all the other gameplay for other play styles in their base games. However, you and a few others in your group decided you couldn't handle the logical replies by me and some others and we were calmly discussing why his theory is wrong. However, you couldn't handle someone losing a debate with logic and good examples and couldn't resist in derailing his thread. Or discrediting with hog wash with your form of bullying.

ETA: really, where did I say I was 'fed up'? Or are you just mimicking stuff somebody made up. If you read my wall days ago, I don't mention 'fed up'. Do I? LOL

ETA: what? So, now you all gonna lol me. Great, you show a lot of maturity. Cowards can't face a debate and say what's on your mind but just run through and lol. That shows the type of players who love the TS4 doesn't it. Lol everything someone who is just having a conversation says because they may not like the TS4 as much as the loller. Real cute, but you know what you can do with that don't you. Thanks, I needed my numbers to go back up didn't I? LOL
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Off topic what the heck happened to Godzilla poor thing looks glitched out...

Love your siggy so awesome.

Sadly, it's always been like this. :( I think the gif is as old as he is...which is as old as dirt!

...and thanks--Verona is my favorite Bride, hands down.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    My goodness, what even is this thread? All this simmer on simmer digital violence needs to end. "Like" buttons and the posts that covet them are going to be the downfall of (sims) society.
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    Yes, I know you like to think that but I don't buy that is my point, based on the attitude of many now which is far from mature in that department ;) About a game nota bene that's in the past. There isn't even a reason to bash it than bashing itself. What went into you if you were so mature back then? I play Sims 3 now, try out some Sims 2, do other things, and I visit those forums. Because I find people here expressing what I feel.

The place to go if you are enjoying Sims 3 is the Sim 3 forum where you can share your enjoyment with others. (No point in voicing complaints now) Coming here to look for people to join in your bash fest is doing so at the expense of others. Just as you don't like to hear people talk negatively about Sims 3 issues, put yourself in the place of Sims 4 players who are enjoying their game. And don't bother telling me "just don't go into those threads." People like myself go into these threads to push back against the hate, and to not allow the Sims 4 forum to be taken over by the malcontents. Sometimes you stay on the sidelines and at other times you need to take a stand.

Why does it bother you if some hate this game is the bigger question.

An even bigger question is why does it bother you so much that someone likes the game? Hey you are the one making post after post trying to convince others of what??? You are the one that posted that you were fed up etc. and were leaving only to return. I have already stated my position and unlike you I don't need to repeat myself.

To go back onto topic, the OP was correct in pointing out that it took quite awhile for the Maxis team to release packs more geared to family and home like and the same pattern seems to be repeating itself. Maxis has often had trouble seeing how appealing every day life is to players.

[/quote]

You know you are derailing the OPs thread don't you? There should be a button for derailing. This conversation was about telling players to stop complaining because all the other EPs were about the single life etc. But the OP has failed to return for several pages now. You guys decided to come into it and bash the TS3 and players or customers who pointed out where his theory is wrong. Because the base games of the other games could support an EP for a single Sim since the base games had all the other gameplay for other play styles in their base games. However, you and a few others in your group decided you couldn't handle the logical replies by me and some others and we were calmly discussing why his theory is wrong. However, you couldn't handle someone losing a debate with logic and good examples and couldn't resist in derailing his thread. Or discrediting with hog wash with your form of bullying.[/quote]

you are doing the same thing. It not ok for someone else to bash the sim 3 but it ok for you to bash the sims 4 all the time.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    White Knights- In for the Rescue! Lmao

I don't agree with the OP's assumption. There is no pattern unless they stick to the New Idea/Old Idea which they haven't. IMO.

Name calling, really?

I'm sorry... I didn't call you a name. O.o

Do people not see how they're acting just like they say others are? :expressionless:

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2015

No one is demanding open world. Most of us have the good sense to know this game engine built by Maxis for Maxis and this game, can't support open world. Considering SimGuruGraham said this game's progress depends on the feedback they receive and what sells and doesn't sell just lends more credit to what I said. Future content in the 'patches' is based on feedback. True, other content like GPs and SPs are already planned from the TS4 survey, (did you get to take it?) but the direct feedback (negative or otherwise) is what will be thought about when doing the monthly patches. Maxis is meeting EA's requirement to give free content monthly. However, what Maxis has done is give base game content. The only new things you have seen (like for RPG games from EA) is Star Wars outfits, everything else is old news, base game stuff.

So, Maxis is meeting EA's demand to release free content monthly, however, Maxis is also just giving base game and or expanding hoods etc. since most base games before the TS4 had more lots etc. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you or how to explain it.

They had a duty but they are not giving you anything 'new' other than things you didn't want like Star Wars costumes so they have held out base game features to release ever month due to they have a duty to EA to give away free content monthly. You need to read their own statements.

ETA: If you want to link where I was nasty and mean by all means do it. But just because I am blunt doesn't mean I am mean. Comprehension is a great gift when understanding someone's frustration.

ETA: concerning pools, I guess you missed guru statements where they said things were hard and expensive. If it was already in the 'works' then there was no need to make fans mad and not tell them to calm down things would eventually come along. If you tell me they cant' do that, then that's their problem because they failed to communicate with customers they lost a great deal of players. They are gone, not coming back. Because Gurus decided to tell people it is hard and expensive, and can't be added etc. but then they are or whatever it might be, they lose trust, and when a company loses trusts, it's on a slippery slope and why TS4 is not favored due not only to how different it is than the others but for statements out of gurus' mouths.

The gurus have learned to just give a standard answer and move on due in large part to people acting like you. As I stated earlier nastiness and negativity do not work, people just ignore and avoid engaging with such people. And you have no idea who is "gone" and not coming back. You can only speak for yourself, and it seems that you are back.

There are many games that EA is responsible for, and on most of the other forums the developers are engaging with the players. The Sims is the exception not the rule. However they are engaging the fans on Facebook and Twitter, and on some of the other web sites so that is where I now go.[/quote]

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.[/quote]

Dream on, the Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and you know that. This is the reason that you are so upset. To quote Shakespeare "Me thinks thou doth protest too much". When someone insists on something as much as you do, the opposite is often true. And you and your ten people not coming back? Well that is the sensible thing to do if you are not happy with something.

I left Sims 3 and it did not come crashing to a halt, and Sims 4 will go on with or without your support. As far as I am concerned the game does not need fixing, so I have nothing I need to hope for. I am sorry but I just can't get worked up for you. I like the game as it is, and I don't care that you don't. But you seem to care a great deal about what others think for reasons that don't really add up.

Edit to add that I didn't LOL your post. A mind reader you are not.

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar Dont you know your being flame baited and trolled? I would ignore. This goes on in the feedback forum where people try to leave feedback for EA. According to some who flame bate this is not permitted to use the feedback thread to leave feedback ( if its negative)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2015
    "Mendota wrote:

Dream on, the Sims 4 isn't going anywhere and you know that. This is the reason that you are so upset. To quote Shakespeare "Me thinks thou doth protest too much". When someone insists on something as much as you do, the opposite is often true. And you and your ten people not coming back? Well that is the sensible thing to do if you are not happy with something.

I left Sims 3 and it did not come crashing to a halt, and Sims 4 will go on with or without your support. As far as I am concerned the game does not need fixing, so I have nothing I need to hope for. I am sorry but I just can't get worked up for you. I like the game as it is, and I don't care that you don't. But you seem to care a great deal about what others think for reasons that don't really add up.

Agreed. Nicely put.
  • Options

Negative feedback isn't going around every thread shutting peoples ideas down with: "NOT POSSIBLE, TOO EXPENSIVE, LOL."

You didn't read the Guru just stated a week ago? that lounge chairs are expensive to animate and why you don't have them yet? Well, then when I say not possible (and real cars aren't sorry, talk to a tech person) and or this or that is too hard out of their own mouths, then how am I wrong to say too expensive. It's better than trying to explain to you why not. You can talk to other people who do take apart the code of this game, if you doubt the gurus on words.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Cinebar Dont you know your being flame baited and trolled? I would ignore. This goes on in the feedback forum where people try to leave feedback for EA. According to some who flame bate this is not permitted to use the feedback thread to leave feedback ( if its negative)

I'll second that.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    marie29 wrote: »

You know you are derailing the OPs thread don't you? There should be a button for derailing. This conversation was about telling players to stop complaining because all the other EPs were about the single life etc. But the OP has failed to return for several pages now. You guys decided to come into it and bash the TS3 and players or customers who pointed out where his theory is wrong. Because the base games of the other games could support an EP for a single Sim since the base games had all the other gameplay for other play styles in their base games. However, you and a few others in your group decided you couldn't handle the logical replies by me and some others and we were calmly discussing why his theory is wrong. However, you couldn't handle someone losing a debate with logic and good examples and couldn't resist in derailing his thread. Or discrediting with hog wash with your form of bullying.[/quote]

you are doing the same thing. It not ok for someone else to bash the sim 3 but it ok for you to bash the sims 4 all the time.

[/quote]

There is bashing on both sides it really needs to stop. I begin to feel I need to find an internet babysitter....

[/quote]

You know you are derailing the OPs thread don't you? There should be a button for derailing. This conversation was about telling players to stop complaining because all the other EPs were about the single life etc. But the OP has failed to return for several pages now. You guys decided to come into it and bash the TS3 and players or customers who pointed out where his theory is wrong. Because the base games of the other games could support an EP for a single Sim since the base games had all the other gameplay for other play styles in their base games. However, you and a few others in your group decided you couldn't handle the logical replies by me and some others and we were calmly discussing why his theory is wrong. However, you couldn't handle someone losing a debate with logic and good examples and couldn't resist in derailing his thread. Or discrediting with hog wash with your form of bullying.

ETA: really, where did I say I was 'fed up'? Or are you just mimicking stuff somebody made up. If you read my wall days ago, I don't mention 'fed up'. Do I? LOL

ETA: what? So, now you all gonna lol me. Great, you show a lot of maturity. Cowards can't face a debate and say what's on your mind but just run through and lol. That shows the type of players who love the TS4 doesn't it. Lol everything someone who is just having a conversation says because they may not like the TS4 as much as the loller. Real cute, but you know what you can do with that don't you. Thanks, I needed my numbers to go back up didn't I? LOL[/quote]

Not loling you, I have no problem saying what's on my mind but I also don't like trying to have a conversation with someone who can't do anything but attack another's opinion..

• Options

ETA: concerning pools, I guess you missed guru statements where they said things were hard and expensive. If it was already in the 'works' then there was no need to make fans mad and not tell them to calm down things would eventually come along. If you tell me they cant' do that, then that's their problem because they failed to communicate with customers they lost a great deal of players. They are gone, not coming back. Because Gurus decided to tell people it is hard and expensive, and can't be added etc. but then they are or whatever it might be, they lose trust, and when a company loses trusts, it's on a slippery slope and why TS4 is not favored due not only to how different it is than the others but for statements out of gurus' mouths.

There are many games that EA is responsible for, and on most of the other forums the developers are engaging with the players. The Sims is the exception not the rule. However they are engaging the fans on Facebook and Twitter, and on some of the other web sites so that is where I now go.

Beg your pardon. I know of at least ten people who aren't coming back and it's not only due to this game but what has been said to customers by EA. I'm sorry you are afraid the negative feedback will make your game disappear. But you better be hoping they actually read the negative feedback and try to fix this game or game over.[/quote]

Edit to add that I didn't LOL your post. A mind reader you are not.

[/quote]

You may have left the TS3 but you sure bash it now don't you every chance you get. It's not the game's fault you didn't have a PC that would run it. The requirements are on the box. And if you don't meet them but try to play on barely min requirements then of course it's going to crash and lock up and freeze etc. You can't actually dis a game you didn't play can you? Isn't that what you tell the guys who didn't play this game? I think so, wow, imagine.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Came out of the Guru's mouth
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841707/sarah-holding-says-that-ts4-tech-is-more-limiting-than-ts3-was/p1
  • Options
    See, @EA! When you left TS2 BBS up after TS3 release the site was so less Hateful than this (after almost a year). Please give us back TS3 site so we have a safe place to Enjoy The Sims game.

This is how it will be until a new company comes along and puts out a new version of a Life Simulation game. -imo
    There is no place for anyone to Not See this.

For over a Decade I've put money and time into this series... and now, I have no Sim home. It's a war zone full of disrespect with the use of Lol and Like as weapons for the hidden.

Please give us back TS2 BBS and TS3 Forum away from here. :cry:
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    See, @EA! When you left TS2 BBS up after TS3 release the site was so less Hateful than this (after almost a year). Please give us back TS3 site so we have a safe place to Enjoy The Sims game.

This is how it will be until a new company comes along and puts out a new version of a Life Simulation game. -imo
    There is no place for anyone to Not See this.

For over a Decade I've put money and time into this series... and now, I have no Sim home. It's a war zone full of disrespect with the use of Lol and Like as weapons for the hidden.

Please give us back TS2 BBS and TS3 Forum away from here. :cry:

:+1:
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar spilling the truth tea to everybody!

tumblr_inline_n98p7yxcIw1qlqcca.gif

I've only read the last one he made 2 posts above mine and the tea is scalding hot. First degree burns
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    marie29 wrote: »

[/quote]

My feedback is not bashing. Sorry, I'm not on here screaming "I hate the TS4!" But we see some here are screaming "I hated the TS3'. I have never said I hate the TS4. I have said many things about it's problems for me but nothing about standing up and screaming I hate it.

Back on topic the OP has left the building. Hasn't returned to continue his condescending thread.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

You didn't read the Guru just stated a week ago? that lounge chairs are expensive to animate and why you don't have them yet? Well, then when I say not possible (and real cars aren't sorry, talk to a tech person) and or this or that is too hard out of their own mouths, then how am I wrong to say too expensive. It's better than trying to explain to you why not. You can talk to other people who do take apart the code of this game, if you doubt the gurus on words.

I wont pretend to know how to code, and I'll take your word on the guru statement. However that really isn't the point.

The point I was trying to make was that someone isn't providing feedback by doing this like you're claiming. And the pleasure some users seem to get out of shutting down peoples ideas this way is really sad.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I'm getting that feeling. . .

tumblr_m7eyuqI6in1rnlxr6o1_r4_500.gif