Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    You need to face the reality that our play style does not fit the target audience that this game was designed for. Remember what it started as and that screams a whole different play style. It's their game and their vision. I think that the decision they made has bite them in the behind, but I'm also sure that they are going to keep pushing forward with that vision. I have given up on sims 4 and no matter what they do will not add it back on my HD, EVER! Unless any future sims games are heads and shoulders above all the previous sims the series will stop with sims 3 for this family. If they want my money, they will cater to me, not the other way around.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree that I should face that reality. I'm just not ready to make that final jump. We all go through that process on our own timetable, there's no right or wrong. We've all got that "had enough" threshold, it's just wired differently for everyone. My "had enough" will be Gamescon. That's what works for me.

Yes, everyone grieves differently. And this has been a grieving process for many of us :(
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I'm ready to face the good, bad, and ugly. I'm at a point where I just don't care anymore; I need to know what's going on. I can't keep searching through the dark for answers. It's a shame that forums and news about The Sims 4 excites me more than the game itself :/ That's pretty sad coming from a sims player of about 12 years. I need to know what's going on so I can decide whether to part ways or....I actually doubt I'll stick around.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    On that day I will be nervously reading all the sims news catching up on what has been happening with maybe a slight sweat running down my face hoping for something enlightening to happen :sweat:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I've got one word for Maxis/EA ... TODDLERS. Anything short of that just proves they really don't care. While toddlers won't solve all of S4 woes, it would be a step in the right direction in showing us they care. As it stands now I expect nothing from them except more fluff.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I had a vision...

The Sims 4 Wild Party!

A brand new bar for your Sims to drink at!

Lots of wacky clothes for your Sims to rock at the club!

A new premium object, the vanity! Watch your Sims style themselves up, what will they come up with?!

...Lets hope it's not true. -cries-
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I had a vision...

The Sims 4 Wild Party!

A new premium object, the vanity! Watch your Sims style themselves up, what will they come up with?!

Well I'm still waiting for DJ Booths and Dance Floors
    I am going to LOL pretty hard if we get another bar to go with it (assuming that "** *** ******" hint tweet was right)
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm really mad that the devs don't consider putting hot tubes as additional content in another EP. I don't want to buy a SP just to get back a base game object of Sims 1+2. i know they were also part of paid additonal content in ts3, but i would have purchased LN even without them and that's not the case in a SP centered around them.

ETA: http://simsvip.com/2015/06/25/the-sims-4-hot-tub-exclusivity-and-future-updates/
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ugh, I know I'm gonna sound super weird now but when I think about the lack if announcements EA/Maxis have made to us about future content and now it makes me feel slightly thirsty ? Weird I know :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Ugh, I know I'm gonna sound super weird now but when I think about the lack if announcements EA/Maxis have made to us about future content and now it makes me feel slightly thirsty ? Weird I know :joy:
    470f89550f74adf7908b94f7440dab43064d09adcc9042773d52528e83fab37d.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I had a vision...

The Sims 4 Wild Party!

To be safe, I'm going to have the comfort "break-up" foods (chocolate, ice cream, etc.) ready at Gamescon. I'd like to hope otherwise but I have a feeling I will need them.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm really mad that the devs don't consider putting hot tubes as additional content in another EP. I don't want to buy a SP just to get back a base game object of Sims 1+2. i know they were also part of paid additonal content in ts3, but i would have purchased LN even without them and that's not the case in a SP centered around them.

ETA: http://simsvip.com/2015/06/25/the-sims-4-hot-tub-exclusivity-and-future-updates/

Once again, something else announced on twatter. This is the official forums??? Maybe not, maybe they should rename this place. Lets hold a contest for a new name. Sigh....just smack me and shut me up.

PS: @simgurudrake this is just one of the frustrations with the gurus and twatter. This is the official forums...right????
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    Yes, a couple of months, which is not that much in advance. We learned about ghost/pools/careers at the beginning of october and careers came mid december. That's why I think it's unlikely toddlers will come in the next weeks, because then we would have most likely heard about it.

While i agree with your conclusion, they also didn't tell us about family trees in advance. I think it's just a change of policy.

Hum,,,,well wonder why it is only the sims franchise then? EA touts their other games high and low for months before launch/SP/EP. The Sims must be special. Twitter is always tweeting something about the other games. :/

Yes and even the sim gurus talk about the other games too!

I suspect what's going on is they don't know what direction they are going in next. It reminds me of SC2013 a lot and that's my biggest fear :(

I hope they don't quit after The Sims 4. It can and will make them a lot more money. If they can just make it great and no cutting corners.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    Yes, a couple of months, which is not that much in advance. We learned about ghost/pools/careers at the beginning of october and careers came mid december. That's why I think it's unlikely toddlers will come in the next weeks, because then we would have most likely heard about it.

While i agree with your conclusion, they also didn't tell us about family trees in advance. I think it's just a change of policy.

Hum,,,,well wonder why it is only the sims franchise then? EA touts their other games high and low for months before launch/SP/EP. The Sims must be special. Twitter is always tweeting something about the other games. :/

Yes and even the sim gurus talk about the other games too!

I suspect what's going on is they don't know what direction they are going in next. It reminds me of SC2013 a lot and that's my biggest fear :(

I hope they don't quit after The Sims 4. It can and will make them a lot more money. If they can just make it great and no cutting corners.

Of course they can. The sims is a (wonderful) money pit for us customers when the game is making us happy!
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

Once again, something else announced on twatter. This is the official forums??? Maybe not, maybe they should rename this place. Lets hold a contest for a new name. Sigh....just smack me and shut me up.

PS: @simgurudrake this is just one of the frustrations with the gurus and twatter. This is the official forums...right????

Well that's lame. So we will never get any other hot tubs that look cooler?
  • Options

He's packpeddled a little. He said what he meant was not the same kind of ones you see in Perfect Patio. Ah Twitter. The font of miscommunication...
  • Options
    edited June 2015

He's packpeddled a little. He said what he meant was not the same kind of ones you see in Perfect Patio. Ah Twitter. The font of miscommunication...

Oh ok. So there could be better designed hot tubs.

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

It seems you will. Just maybe a while though. SGGraham posted a reply to the twitter; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13787663/#Comment_13787663

Glad he cleared it up! That was good of him and refreshing to hear from a dev. Guru.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    I don't mind no-new-tubs, but I would like an in-ground version that looked the same, behaved the same, but used the start animations for pools (e.g. kneel down instead of hop up). So that way I can install them on a patio, without it looking like some guy from Home Depot just dropped it there.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member

It seems you will. Just maybe a while though. SGGraham posted a reply to the twitter; http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13787663/#Comment_13787663

Glad he cleared it up! That was good of him and refreshing to hear from a dev. Guru.

+10,000 like points for @SimGuruGraham for actually talking on the forums
  • Options
    bethyGrace wrote: »

I thought he left the company? Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with someone else.

• Options
    bethyGrace wrote: »

I thought he left the company? Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with someone else.

No he's defo still with us :) I think Grant went to work on another something temporarily and Ryan left. If I'm remembering correctly!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thought I would share a job posting I found at EA for The Sims.

Posted on 5/14/2015.

This is what is interesting to me.

"This is part of the Duties and Responsibilities: Collect and analyze feedback from other designers or producers to identify where gameplay falls short of expectations and iterate on those parts of the design."

And

"Become an expert on the game and the community, drawing from both our large, varied playerbase and our past games in order to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward."

I'd say most of it is Family Play and for me the Open World/Loading Screens as well.

Edit also creative tools.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I think this is why they have been quiet . They need the people with the skills it seems.

Typo
    Post edited by TiffanyLea007 on
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Thought I would share a job posting I found at EA for The Sims.

Posted on 5/14/2015.

This is what is interesting to me.

"This is part of the Duties and Responsibilities: Collect and analyze feedback from other designers or producers to identify where gameplay falls short of expectations and iterate on those parts of the design."

And

"Become an expert on the game and the community, drawing from both our large, varied playerbase and our past games in order to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward."

I'd say most of it is Family Play and for me the Open World/Loading Screens as well.

Edit also creative tools.

I could do that job. And bonus, I wouldn't have to "become" an expert on past games, I am one ^_^

Isn't it interesting how they said "make and DEFEND intelligent design choices". Haha, put your battle armour on, basically.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

I second this. I don't have Twitter. Never have, never will. ALL Sims related news should be posted HERE before anywhere else. That is the whole point of this site, isn't it?

--T
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top