Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I spott a Squeaky clean wish list – nomination game

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Teegers wrote: »
    I think my recommendation earlier got lost in the shuffle (probably my fault because it was pretty close in between a couple of seconds). If someone could check http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=angieca and second it, I'd appreciate it. :)
    I think my recommendation earlier got lost in the shuffle (probably my fault because it was pretty close in between a couple of seconds). If someone could check http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=angieca and second it, I'd appreciate it. :)
    I agree that this wishlist is clean. Sorry that I took off earlier ladies. I had to prepare for work. I'm at work now so I'll bid you all goodnight. :smiley: **hugs**

YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    Good night, @blacksheba1973. I'd wish you sweet dreams, but it sounds like you won't be sleeping much if you're at work. ((((hugs))))
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    I believe this person have a clean wish list: @MermaidInWonderlan
    Link to wish list: Her Wishlist

She is a mermaid people! She and her wishlist live in water how much cleaner could that be!? :weary:;)
  • Options
    WahnSimWahnSim Posts: 254 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    I believe this person have a clean wish list: @MermaidInWonderlan
    Link to wish list: Her Wishlist

She is a mermaid people! She and her wishlist live in water how much cleaner could that be!? :weary:;)

This wishlist looks clean to me, but thinking about the water pollution I don't know if living in water is that clean ;) Just remember all the stuff Ariel collected, this was more or less rubbish and that was about 25 years ago. So I don't want to know how her collection would look like today :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    @WahnSim
    well the story is set about 200 years ago....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    @MermaidInWonderlan have been gifted
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    @anettesb I didn't know this. But then they have wooden ships and carriages. But I never thought about the time it's set in. So there must be even more rubbish under the sea now ;)
  • Options
    WahnSim wrote: »
    @anettesb I didn't know this. But then they have wooden ships and carriages. But I never thought about the time it's set in. So there must be even more rubbish under the sea now ;)

I'm baseing it on the fact that H.C Andersen wrot as if it took part in his time... and he would be 210 years old now.

yea there must be more under the see now... on the other hand less ships crash.....
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    I'm baseing it on the fact that H.C Andersen wrot as if it took part in his time... and he would be 210 years old now.

yea there must be more under the see now... on the other hand less ships crash.....

That should be right then, if Disney changed the time it took part than there would've been more modern means of transportation. I read some of his stories but never the Little mermaid.

You're right with the ship crashes, so every time has it cons and pros.

• Options

That should be right then, if Disney changed the time it took part than there would've been more modern means of transportation. I read some of his stories but never the Little mermaid.

oh you schould read it... and some of his less known stories to... he have so many fantastic
    be aware though that Disney change the story very much up.... disneyfyed if you could say.
    In some ways the original is more beutiful, but also more scary, and defently filled with moral as all of his stories is.
  • Options
    Thank you for this give away @anettesb :) Sorry, I totally forgot to thank you earlier.
  • Options
    it's ok @WahnSim

just so happy people takeing part.... I feel I get a gift each time people nominat and make the second check to see if the wish list truly is clean
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Well, thank you very much @anettesb, and @charlotteprice for the nomination! What a neat idea. I'll have to check some people and see who I can nominate later. Might be able to gift some as well, and will post if so.
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member

oh you schould read it... and some of his less known stories to... he have so many fantastic
    be aware though that Disney change the story very much up.... disneyfyed if you could say.
    In some ways the original is more beutiful, but also more scary, and defently filled with moral as all of his stories is.

Hans Christian Anderson is one of my favorites! :)

By the way, speaking of disneyfying things, the first thing Disney did with the second author of the Jungle Book movie (after the first one left due to differences of opinion), was to give him a copy of the book and tell him not to read it. So it's not really surprising that other stories of his don't follow the original storyline all that much. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    Thank you @anettesb for the gift :smiley: and thank you @gnlovew for the nomination and @Teegers for the second. Everything seems to be in order here. :wink:
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Would it be possible to have a master list of who has been nominated already, maybe added in on the first page, so we can try and locate new people? That would be a huge help!
  • Options
    JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    edited May 2015
    I believe this person to have a clean wish list: @FairTheeWell
    Link to wish list:store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=FairTheeWell
  • Options
    fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Jemlia wrote: »
    I believe this person to have a clean wish list: @FairTheeWell
    Link to wish list:store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=FairTheeWell

I can confirm that FairTheeWell has a clean wishlist.
  • Options
    MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    @MermaidInWonderlan have been gifted

Thank you, @AlphaFen, for the nomination, and @anettesb for hosting and gifting!

Look at these wishlists
    Aren't they neat?
    Wouldn't you think our collections are complete?
    Wouldn't you think we're the players, the players who have everything?

Look at that store, treasures untold
    How many wonders can one website hold?
    Looking around here you'd think
    Sure, they've got everything

They've got outfits and hairdos aplenty
    They've got compilations and venues galore
    You want shoes for your Sim?
    They've got twenty!
    But who cares?
    No big deal
    We want more!

We wanna be where the deals are
    We wanna see, wanna see them stacking
    Scrolling along on those, what do you call them? Oh, threads.

Clicking to add, that won't get you far
    Care is required for organizing, grouping
    What is that item and why is it there, what's the word? Twice!

When's it our turn?
    Wouldn't we love
    Love to see items only there once
    Not to be mean
    Just want to see
    A wishlist that's clean
  • Options
    MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2015
    I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT CAME FROM. I JUST WOKE UP AND SAW EVERYONE DISCUSSING MERMAIDS AND IT JUST HAPPENED.

I'm sorry?
  • Options

I will put it on my list with things I want to read. It's always interesting to read the original stories and see how they have changed and with Disney I can forgive that they've changed them, because the movies are great. Sometimes you read the book a film is based on or vice versa and you just disappointed on how things were changed.

By the way, speaking of disneyfying things, the first thing Disney did with the second author of the Jungle Book movie (after the first one left due to differences of opinion), was to give him a copy of the book and tell him not to read it. So it's not really surprising that other stories of his don't follow the original storyline all that much. :)

I didn't know this either. I only know that the ending of The Hunchback was changed. Though I haven't read this book either. The only stories I've read are the ones from the Brothers Grimm. I guess the newer the movies are, the more they are changed, like Tangled.

• Options
    Well, thank you very much @anettesb, and @charlotteprice for the nomination! What a neat idea. I'll have to check some people and see who I can nominate later. Might be able to gift some as well, and will post if so.

your very welcome

and I love if you play along in any way, nominating, checking nominations to back them up and gifting if you feel like it.

• Options

I din't know that, about asking not to read... thats a shame really for often the original is a better story.... that reminds me I want to read the Jungel Book some day.
    but really if your going to make your own version of any thing, atleast give credit to the original work by knowing it and reflecting on the choices you decide to keep, leave out and add.
  • Options
    Jemlia wrote: »
    Thank you @anettesb for the gift :smiley: and thank you @gnlovew for the nomination and @Teegers for the second. Everything seems to be in order here. :wink:

your welcome... yup all seem fine....

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Would it be possible to have a master list of who has been nominated already, maybe added in on the first page, so we can try and locate new people? That would be a huge help!

I can see how that would be a help, but I decided against it, too keep it easy for me to run.
    yes some might be nominated 2 or more times... and I do not care, just you your self try to not nominat the same multiple times.

though if some one wants to keep a list I'm fine with that to.
    But I really like to just not have a list... and go with the flow.

you could all have your own notes about who you have nominated, if you wanted, but honestly if you a week from now have forgotten who you nominated first and nominat them again by chance no one gets hurt.

I actually also keeps it a "secret" who is nominating, by only linking to the thread in the gift.... so people only know you did it if you tag them... or they read the whole thread