Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's on US" Oversight? CC Mishap? or What?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

i hardly doubt a shirt can cause you that much emotional damage.

So I haven't been crying my eyes out for the last half an hour? That's good to know. It will make my cats feel better, too. They get very stressed out and meow at me when I cry.

Comments like this is why I know this is an issue people truly do not care about.

This is exactly what I'm trying to portray here. Just because someone doesn't think/care about the issue doesn't mean it doesn't affect other people.

Yes, I read every line thank you @Orchid13. I also read the campaign site. But not every human (or victim) feels the same way. Common sense.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I felt at the time that I should've been offered a choice to get the shirts or not. Supporting charities and causes is a personal choice. If they get forced upon you, your personal feelings towards charities and causes are getting disrespected.

Same with a lot of the patched-in CAS content.

I like the sentiment behind the shirt, but I'm vehemently against English/the Latin alphabet in my games. I thought the same about a lot of the Diesel-sponsored content in TS3.

I hated the diesel pack, but they did the same with the H&M pack and it wasnt bad, mainly cause the clothes were pretty.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

i hardly doubt a shirt can cause you that much emotional damage.

So I haven't been crying my eyes out for the last half an hour? That's good to know. It will make my cats feel better, too. They get very stressed out and meow at me when I cry.

Comments like this is why I know this is an issue people truly do not care about.

This is exactly what I'm trying to portray here. Just because someone doesn't think/care about the issue doesn't mean it doesn't affect other people.

Yes, I read every line thank you @Orchid13. I also read the campaign site. But not every human (or victim) feels the same way. Common sense.

You can't please everybody, i think the sims 4 has made that pretty clear. But its not offensive its for support and you are not forced to wear it, so don't wear it if you don't like it. You can't delete it its IN the game so too bad, download the mod and make it similish, but you are pretty much stuck with it.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    English, French, Japanese, Simlish, whatever... I personally could care less what language one t-shirt is in, especially when it's promoting keeping people safe from sexual assault. I'm sorry you guys feel you are being "forced" to support protecting people from violence (and that it's a bad thing), or that it somehow interferes with your gaming experience. I... I just can't get upset about this like you guys seem to be.

I agree with you. It's a shirt with a good cause and i could careless if the shirt is in english.

And by the way @brookesaywhatx a person did just post he was a victim and he thinks the shirt is positive. Its for support. Common sense. If only you read though

I honestly didnt know the campaign was for that but i support it now and i would support it in the future as well if thet patch in shirts for breast cancer or HIV like someone said earlier, cause they did it in ts3

You aren't supporting anything by playing your video games. And one victim doesn't speak for other victims. Furthermore, neither you nor EA have the right to make a "cause" of victims and force slogans about ra.pe down their throats. The shirt is a trigger if you know what the meaning of it is. By using English, EA made it so that even if you didn't know what the meaning was you'd question it.

Forcing players to face personal demons in the guise of social media campaigning/EA marketing through a slick and UNFEELING campaign by Obama's political team is not what the Sims is about. If I want to play a game to me deal with issues I will play the "Un-game"

I play the Sims to escape from the bad parts of reality. The shirt does not belong in the game.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Wow, this is very old news, has been there I think since base game. I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it don't use it. There problem solved.

It wasn't. I had the base game. I would have noticed it. And not using the shirt doesn't suddenly mean I'm not going to think about 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when I see it and am reminded of the shirt's meaning. I wish it were as easy for me to not be bothered about the "little things" like the actual message...

Then it was the first patch, this has been discussed before way back in November. Don't know why you bring it up again. Until someone made a fuss about it I had no idea what it was; and I've not seen it in CAS probably because I rarely put my sims in t-shirts.

Like someone said, get the mod that turns it to simlish and you won't have to see it in English. EA is not taking it out.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Shut it u. But if everyone makes one sim wearing that shirt, I'm sure we can make a difference and promote it at least and if we upload them to the gallery with #betterplace as in 'together we can make this world a better place, together we can stop sexual assault' then it'll promote it and show sufferers that there is hope for them.

I seriously hope that was sarcasm and I missed it :flushed:
    Shut it u. But if everyone makes one sim wearing that shirt, I'm sure we can make a difference and promote it at least and if we upload them to the gallery with #betterplace as in 'together we can make this world a better place, together we can stop sexual assault' then it'll promote it and show sufferers that there is hope for them.

I seriously hope that was sarcasm and I missed it :flushed:
    #notsarcasmthistime

It's actually easier to stop sexual assault than this. Just don't do it. Now try explaining that to someone who does and see how effective you are. America is a religious, misogynistic, anti-individual, homophobic, bigoted nation--if you think your video game T-Shirt is going to change sexual assault while ignoring all the underlying factors of it, then you got shafted in your critical thinking class and should probably go demand your money back :unamused:

That said, if you were tempted to attack someone before you saw this sim shirt, then perhaps EA is on the right track and I stand corrected.

I assumed you were being sarcastic because you have #yolo in your signature... which for me indicates that someone does not wish to be taken seriously.

Actually I put #yolo because yeh you only gots one life so live it... It actually does mean I intend to be taken seriously in the case I said it... And nobody can avoid sexual abuse sadly, maybe u are just a selfish person who doesn't care about serious matters like this. It's hard to avoid it as you can't really find a way to avoid it. I feel bad for those who got abused. I use hashtags because I like them. I saw this shirt a few months ago in my game actually. Don't judge me by my signature, that is there cos I like it to be a lil weird k. Plus the text has a bit of a deeper meaning (haha very funny) that different is good... And there's a good weird and a bad weird. But back on topic sheesh nasty people don't stop sexual assault... If you suffered sexual assault, maybe that'd be the only thing that could teach you better than to be so nasty about them trying to promote a good cause... Maybe that'd be all that could teach u what it'd be like. I didn't suffer it but I can imagine how awful it must've been.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I actually find it hilarious that people can really say "EA isn't going to do anything your stuck with it too bad!" - really? We aren't allowed to express our opinions on it without people coming in clearly just trying to flame anyone who disagrees...the logic of "we should all just shut up and stop talking about it because EA doesn't care". This is what this site has come to and some posts in this thread are EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    If you suffered sexual assault, maybe that'd be the only thing that could teach you better than to be so nasty about them trying to promote a good cause... Maybe that'd be all that could teach u what it'd be like.

Yes, let's all go become victims of SA just so we can understand. Good logic you got there. Yolo.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

Well, that was uncalled for and rude. Reported.

They didn't seem to care for those who are suffering it...

They're that bothered over a shirt that promotes a good cause? Sheesh I haven't suffered it but it must be like trauma for them. Can't help but tell them to shut up. My brain says it in a way.... Sos if you find it rude... I wasn't trying to offend anyone but sheesh they're that bothered over a little shirt?
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    English, French, Japanese, Simlish, whatever... I personally could care less what language one t-shirt is in, especially when it's promoting keeping people safe from sexual assault. I'm sorry you guys feel you are being "forced" to support protecting people from violence (and that it's a bad thing), or that it somehow interferes with your gaming experience. I... I just can't get upset about this like you guys seem to be.

I agree with you. It's a shirt with a good cause and i could careless if the shirt is in english.

And by the way @brookesaywhatx a person did just post he was a victim and he thinks the shirt is positive. Its for support. Common sense. If only you read though

I honestly didnt know the campaign was for that but i support it now and i would support it in the future as well if thet patch in shirts for breast cancer or HIV like someone said earlier, cause they did it in ts3

You aren't supporting anything by playing your video games. And one victim doesn't speak for other victims. Furthermore, neither you nor EA have the right to make a "cause" of victims and force slogans about ra.pe down their throats. The shirt is a trigger if you know what the meaning of it is. By using English, EA made it so that even if you didn't know what the meaning was you'd question it.

Forcing players to face personal demons in the guise of social media campaigning/EA marketing through a slick and UNFEELING campaign by Obama's political team is not what the Sims is about. If I want to play a game to me deal with issues I will play the "Un-game"

I play the Sims to escape from the bad parts of reality. The shirt does not belong in the game.

It kind of does belong in the game, its there and they won't delete it cause you don't like it. The best you can do if it really drives you crazy is download the mod they mentioned early to kind of overwrite it with the similish.

I wouldnt even be surprised if the game did this with other patches. I remember the sims instagram had this HIV campaign a few months ago too. It's like something they do now.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    If you suffered sexual assault, maybe that'd be the only thing that could teach you better than to be so nasty about them trying to promote a good cause... Maybe that'd be all that could teach u what it'd be like.

Yes, let's all go become victims of SA just so we can understand. Good logic you got there. Yolo.

No I didn't mean "hey everyone lets all suffer some trauma dude" I meant to the op that'd be the only thing to teach them to know how it traumatises people.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options

They're that bothered over a shirt that promotes a good cause? Sheesh I haven't suffered it but it must be like trauma for them. Can't help but tell them to shut up. My brain says it in a way.... Sos if you find it rude... I wasn't trying to offend anyone but sheesh they're that bothered over a little shirt?

You probably shouldn't come into a public forum and tell anybody to shut up, lol. Seems kinda silly to me. And the people who don't want the shirt aren't being 'nasty' or uncaring toward those who suffered. We just do not want to be reminded of something so terrible in a GAME.

The "little shirt" may be a trigger for somebody who experienced it. So yeah, it's enough to bother some people a little.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Wow, this is very old news, has been there I think since base game. I see nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it don't use it. There problem solved.

It wasn't. I had the base game. I would have noticed it. And not using the shirt doesn't suddenly mean I'm not going to think about 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when I see it and am reminded of the shirt's meaning. I wish it were as easy for me to not be bothered about the "little things" like the actual message...

Then it was the first patch, this has been discussed before way back in November. Don't know why you bring it up again. Until someone made a fuss about it I had no idea what it was; and I've not seen it in CAS probably because I rarely put my sims in t-shirts.

Like someone said, get the mod that turns it to simlish and you won't have to see it in English. EA is not taking it out.

THANK YOU

Amen
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

I stopped playing TS4 a long time ago because the base game was boring and I couldn't port my sims into the game. I didn't bother installing the other patches until the careers patch came out so I might have installed it then. But I did not use CAS at that time because the Dec 16 patch ruined my gameplay and my Maxis sims were so corrupted (like my avatar) I uninstalled the game two days after that patch was released. I reinstalled the game when I bought GTW and have been playing the game in earnest since yesterday. So this may be old news for you, but it isn't old news for me. I never saw it before yesterday.

I don't even know how old this campaign is as I only moved back to the States last year and it is my first time back in almost 15 years, so I am entirely unfamiliar with the slogan. I thought the shirt was either an oversight or me accidentally installing CC. I'm upset because I opened a can of worms I would have rather not. The slogan and the campaign and the fact that this is in my game is what upset me. Right now I don't even want to play the sims at all--not even TS2.

I think this whole thing is insensitive. I think social media campaigning in general is insensitive, but the last place where I would anticipate it would be the Sims. This game has always been my escapism... today EA killed that and for what? Free marketing! I really hate what the devs have done and are doing to this franchise.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    While it doesn't bother me, I think that things like that (actually all such content, including that horrendous little gnome from the woohoo weekend) should be optional downloads. Another thing that shows that the players aren't allowed to play their way, and the "you rule" slogan isn't true. It is THEIR way or NO way. I chose NO way instead (not because of the shirt, because of no toddlers and shallow gameplay). In years past they offered a lot of things for free, promoted them, and allowed the player to decide if they wished to download them. I had actually never heard of the campaign until Sims. And yes, I am a "victim". It should be an optional download.
  • Options
    gayars wrote: »
    While it doesn't bother me, I think that things like that (actually all such content, including that horrendous little gnome from the woohoo weekend) should be optional downloads. Another thing that shows that the players aren't allowed to play their way, and the "you rule" slogan isn't true. It is THEIR way or NO way. I chose NO way instead (not because of the shirt, because of no toddlers and shallow gameplay). In years past they offered a lot of things for free, promoted them, and allowed the player to decide if they wished to download them. I had actually never heard of the campaign until Sims. And yes, I am a "victim". It should be an optional download.

+1
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

You probably shouldn't come into a public forum and tell anybody to shut up, lol. Seems kinda silly to me. And the people who don't want the shirt aren't being 'nasty' or uncaring toward those who suffered. We just do not want to be reminded of something so terrible in a GAME.

The "little shirt" may be a trigger for somebody who experienced it. So yeah, it's enough to bother some people a little.

Not everyone knows what it's for... When I knew it was about sexual assault I realised it had its place... I haven't always known what it was for in the game and thought it was just a shirt until I bothered to search it... Never bothered me. It could be a trigger but maybe not.. The more aware we are the more we can stop it... By doing a little thing like raising awareness of sexual assault, we know so we can help prevent it.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yall are complaining about nothing. It is a business strategy by EA quite obviously. The higher ups probably don't even care about SA. Knowing the business mindset, they probably just did it to make money. If anything, complain that EA used it to make money...
  • Options

Funny you tell her she shouldn't shut people up in a public forum when i said that ppl shouldn't pist stuff that could get them attacked by other you made such a big deal.

Also just cause i dont agree with you doesn't make me immature and i never feel the need to personally attack you, but thank god what some stranger has to say to me doesn't affect me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Again, the point is, they could have campaigned/promoted and then offered it for download as an option, and gotten the point across the same. They thrust it down people's throats, and as @Piperbird1 said, it is very upsetting for HER. They forced something on people, which ironically is what the campaign is supposed to be against, I thought. It doesn't bother ME persay, although I still avoid certain news reports of things because it bothers me emotionally due to my own past. In the past, it would have been offered as a free download at the site. Plus, how many people in other countries who don't speak English and know nothing about the campaign are also forced to have it in their game?
  • Options
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Yall are complaining about nothing. It is a business strategy by EA quite obviously. The higher ups probably don't even care about SA. Knowing the business mindset, they probably just did it to make money. If anything, complain that EA used it to make money...

Another reason why they wont take it out.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Funny you tell her she shouldn't shut people up in a public forum when i said that ppl shouldn't pist stuff that could get them attacked by other you made such a big deal.

Also just cause i dont agree with you doesn't make me immature and i never feel the need to personally attack you, but thank god what some stranger has to say to me doesn't affect me

I never told you to shut up ever, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. You are the one saying we should just stop talking about it because EA isn't changing it. It must be nice not being affected by the little things, not everyone is so fortunate.
    gayars wrote: »
    Plus, how many people in other countries who don't speak English and know nothing about the campaign are also forced to have it in their game?

Yeah, I didn't think about that either. I wouldn't want content in my game in a completely different language lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I think regardless of which side you stand on, a good solution would be for EA to give us a feature which allows us to pick and choose which clothing in general we want to see in our game, for whatever reason. So instead of bickering back and forth about the importance of spreading awareness, or the importance of taking others' feelings into consideration, we should be hounding EA to allow us boxes to tick to allow or disallow as the case may be, whatever content they have deemed necessary for the game. From baked potato hair to the poorly painted tank top to a what-were-they-thinking costume, to a shirt which while the meaning and intent is positive, probably does not belong in the sims game.
  • Options
    I think regardless of which side you stand on, a good solution would be for EA to give us a feature which allows us to pick and choose which clothing in general we want to see in our game, for whatever reason. So instead of bickering back and forth about the importance of spreading awareness, or the importance of taking others' feelings into consideration, we should be hounding EA to allow us boxes to tick to allow or disallow as the case may be, whatever content they have deemed necessary for the game. From baked potato hair to the poorly painted tank top to a what-were-they-thinking costume, to a shirt which while the meaning and intent is positive, probably does not belong in the sims game.

What is baked potato hair? LOL :D

I agree with you, though. It's all on EA
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is actually surprising that people are worked up over a shirt in a video game. If it bothers you that much, just get a mod that changes it to simlish. Yes, it may be a trigger for people who're victims of sexual assault, but I'm sure if they knew that it was to support people who're victims, then they'll be at least somewhat grateful that other people recognize how hard it is to go through what they've gone through and they won't feel alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top