Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"It's on US" Oversight? CC Mishap? or What?

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2015
    The ironic thing is the game can have politic commentary/ statements but it's forums bars such discussions. for example pro gay messages in the game. I myself have no issue with the shirt but also wonder why after months of having it in your game you now can't ignore.

but more important i agree with others why set up the OP to solicit this type of exchange with others. you make an issue political this is what happens. you could of just posted why we cant select whats installed via patch or ask if any one seen other examples of this shirt in simish or if anyone knows how to hide installed content. that would have created completely different situation, one arguable more respectful too all and the rules.
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    What I don't understand is why is everyone so upset about this NOW? It's been out for MONTHS and NOW people decide to be upset.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Thank you @candace92 for letting me know this. Do you have a link to the mod? I would feel a lot better having this slogan out of my game asap. :relieved:

I got bored scanning the remaining comments to see if you got the link for this mod yet lol, so sorry if this is old news :p

You can get the mod here
    Quite honestly, it still looks like it says "It's On Us". It just looks like they used funky lettering.

Thank you very much, @ObsidianMyst78. When I can bring myself to playing the sims again I'll download and edit the default replacement to remove the slogan all togther.

@Astro - originally the post was just to find out if there was something wonky in my game. The answer made me really upset and so I'm pretty sure I ranted a bit.

The point though is to let EA know that what they did was not okay and their unthinking fly by the seat decisions they've been making about their game has finally had some real adverse personal consequences for players who have supported them and their god forsaken 'vision' despite the fact that TS4 overall is a bum game.

There should have been an option to not install this shirt--like others keep saying, there should be an option to not install free content period.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Thank you @candace92 for letting me know this. Do you have a link to the mod? I would feel a lot better having this slogan out of my game asap. :relieved:

I got bored scanning the remaining comments to see if you got the link for this mod yet lol, so sorry if this is old news :p

You can get the mod here
    Quite honestly, it still looks like it says "It's On Us". It just looks like they used funky lettering.

Thank you very much, @ObsidianMyst78. When I can bring myself to playing the sims again I'll download and edit the default replacement to remove the slogan all togther.

@Astro - originally the post was just to find out if there was something wonky in my game. The answer made me really upset and so I'm pretty sure I ranted a bit.

The point though is to let EA know that what they did was not okay and their unthinking fly by the seat decisions they've been making about their game has finally had some real adverse personal consequences for players who have supported them and their god forsaken 'vision' despite the fact that TS4 overall is a bum game.

There should have been an option to not install this shirt--like others keep saying, there should be an option to not install free content period.
    Was it proven that this campaign slogan is what's being used on the shirt?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Gee people its just a shirt it came with a patch if you don't like it all of the sudden don't use it. ;)
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    The only thing I don't like about the shirt is that it is in English. As for it's message, I don't think it's that controversial. I loathe to think of myself as a victim, but I have had crimes committed against me that would fall into what It's On Us is about. When this happens, you learn to be strong. I'm not going to stop playing a game because it has a shirt in it with a logo that may or may not remind me of certain past events.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Astro wrote: »

You can get the mod here

Was it proven that this campaign slogan is what's being used on the shirt?
    Yes and it's there cos ea is an official sponsor of the campaign I think... Here's your evidence:
    unknown-14_2.jpeg
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    Gee people its just a shirt it came with a patch if you don't like it all of the sudden don't use it. ;)

Simple as tht. I think the shirt is good cos it's promoting a good cause.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Ok, I see what the fuss is about now. I thought someone made a connection between the slogan and assumed ea was supporting this charity.
    I don't get why after months of having the shirt you now all the sudden have a problem with it? If you don't like it don't use it. It was a free shirt and its really not hurting you personally being in your game.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    The only thing I don't like about the shirt is that it is in English. As for it's message, I don't think it's that controversial. I loathe to think of myself as a victim, but I have had crimes committed against me that would fall into what It's On Us is about. When this happens, you learn to be strong. I'm not going to stop playing a game because it has a shirt in it with a logo that may or may not remind me of certain past events.

Poor u suffering tht more thn once (it seems like more than once) :(
    feKqkxf.jpg

@CapraCorn104 and @ceejay402 - I thought the shirt was a mistake in my game. Again for the Xth time I uninstalled TS4 because the game s.ucked I played the game for the first week I bought (before the pool patch) and then put it on hold to wait for toddlers since it was boring that I couldn't play the way I wanted. I never installed the other patches because I didn't play the game. I opened the game to play when the careers patch was released and didn't use the CAS, so yes it was probably in my game but I never saw it then. I uninstalled the game two days after the patch because it made the base game even worse. I have been waiting for the devs to fix the game and was finally back on board with GTW. I just purchased GTW yesterday and had to reinstall the base game and all of the patches. I was porting my sims into the game when I noticed it but because this go around I installed mods I wasn't sure if I accidentally installed something I shouldn't have (I don't download English when there are Simlish alternatives... HECK I design Simlish alternatives!)

I would have complained about this a long time ago had I know about it and I would have saved $30 bucks as I sure as heck wouldn't have bought GTW for any reason after learning this. I don't want to think about ra.pe or anything related to it when I play the Sims, and now I don't think this is possible any more. I'm very upset about this. It's not old news for me... and the whole thing makes me upset--especially since I know this is just another dum.b social media campaign.

People coming in without reading the thread and posting "this is old news" comments are not helping matters. I don't need a reminder how I just blew my money on a game that fails on all levels when I could have figured it out months ago.
    Ok, I see what the fuss is about now. I thought someone made a connection between the slogan and assumed ea was supporting this charity.

I still don't see what the fuss is about though. I don't thing EA is "insensitive" for trying to support people who're victims of sexual assault and trying to raise awareness for a problem. Also, I just wanted to point this out right quick, sexual assault does not automatically mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It can be anything from forced kissing to groping. So it isn't very likely that the victims of the lesser side of sexual assault will be triggered by a shirt in a video game.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Astro just to get the info correct. It's not a charity, it's a public awareness campaign. The hope is to get the message out to as many people as possible. Too many people just stand by when they know something like this is happening. If the campaign will help just one person to speak up when they know someone may be hurt it's a good thing.

Just so people know....it's not just EA, there are other partners. Here is a partial list of people who partner in the campaign.
    “It’s On Us” partners include, American Association of University Women, Athletic Coast Conference, Atlantic 10, Big Ten, Big Twelve, Clear Channel – iHeart Radio, College Humor, Conversant Media, Electronic Arts, Everfi, Generation Progress, Mekanism, Men Can Stop 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Participant Media, Microsoft – Bing, NCAA, National Campus Leadership Council, Newsweek, National Women’s Law Center, On Campus Media, Only With Consent, Our Time, Pac 12, Park Pictures, PVBLIC, RAINN, SB Nation, The Mill, Tumblr, Ultraviolet, USA Characters Unite, United States Olympic Committee, Verifone Media and Viacom, which includes VH1, MTV, BET, CMT, and Spike.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    @CapraCorn104 and @ceejay402 - I thought the shirt was a mistake in my game. Again for the Xth time I uninstalled TS4 because the game s.ucked I played the game for the first week I bought (before the pool patch) and then put it on hold to wait for toddlers since it was boring that I couldn't play the way I wanted. I never installed the other patches because I didn't play the game. I opened the game to play when the careers patch was released and didn't use the CAS, so yes it was probably in my game but I never saw it then. I uninstalled the game two days after the patch because it made the base game even worse. I have been waiting for the devs to fix the game and was finally back on board with GTW. I just purchased GTW yesterday and had to reinstall the base game and all of the patches. I was porting my sims into the game when I noticed it but because this go around I installed mods I wasn't sure if I accidentally installed something I shouldn't have (I don't download English when there are Simlish alternatives... HECK I design Simlish alternatives!)

I would have complained about this a long time ago had I know about it and I would have saved $30 bucks as I sure as heck wouldn't have bought GTW for any reason after learning this. I don't want to think about ra.pe or anything related to it when I play the Sims, and now I don't think this is possible any more. I'm very upset about this. It's not old news for me... and the whole thing makes me upset--especially since I know this is just another dum.b social media campaign.

People coming in without reading the thread and posting "this is old news" comments are not helping matters. I don't need a reminder how I just blew my money on a game that fails on all levels when I could have figured it out months ago.
    I never said it was old news and I like the game why would I sit there and tell you the game is bad when I play it? Plus no one on the forums should be telling you how you should spend your money.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    Yeah, I'm not understanding how the actual message of the campaign is at all controversial.

I still don't see what the fuss is about though. I don't thing EA is "insensitive" for trying to support people who're victims of sexual assault and trying to raise awareness for a problem. Also, I just wanted to point this out right quick, sexual assault does not automatically mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It can be anything from forced kissing to groping. So it isn't very likely that the victims of the lesser side of sexual assault will be triggered by a shirt in a video game.

No, but for some people 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is exactly what it means, and the message is triggering. And there is no "lesser" side of sexual assault. Getting groped can be traumatising for some people as well. When I hear things like "lesser side of sexual assault" I think of that politician who said "legitimate ra.pe"... comments like this are proof why this shirt does not belong in the game. What kind of awareness does it raise?! That some assaults are no big deals if the victims "are strong"--okay, I'm crying now so I'm going to walk away from this conversation before I say something to EA to get me banned.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Anyway you have this need to argue with me all the time and personally attack me with stuff like "you act like a 5 year old" , that just says a lot about you. I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about, so don't call me immature if you don't know me. If you don't agree with me fine argue, but with actual arguments and not my age. Honestly thats just harrassment

LOL. All the time. Do I know you personally? How the heck do I argue with you ALL THE TIME? I think the first time we ever even talked was yesterday.
    Orchid13 wrote:
    I have over 1k likes and over 1000 posts which i doubt you know about

I have 1.7k likes and almost 7000 posts. I win.

WLfAA9V.png
    edited April 2015
    That comment wasn't solely directed at you, many people who've come into this to rant about the shirt are those who've been playing since the November patch (when the shirt came out). Yet only now they complain. I can guarantee, that many people in this topic haven't once mentioned the shirt otherwise, I know I haven't.

And yeah, I guess now I can be called a hater because right now with all of my heart: I HATE TS4.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    That comment wasn't solely directed at you, many people who've come into this to rant about the shirt are those who've been playing since the November patch (when the shirt came out). Yet only now they complain. I can guarantee, that many people in this topic haven't once mentioned the shirt otherwise, I know I haven't.

The only reason I now personally take issue with it is because I had no idea what it meant until someone on the first page mentioned it. I just didn't like that it was in English at first. I've honestly never even heard of the campaign until today. I'm sure I'm not alone on that, either.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I didn't complain before because the shirt doesn't personally bother me, the part that bothers me is that EA assumes everyone is supposed to get everything they offer free in a patch, when sometimes the stuff is stuff people don't want. That stuff should be offered free for download just like it was in previous iteration.

Plus on a heavily charged topic, you never know who is going to be really emotionally affected, and yes, some victims can go through life, and not be as affected as others, and some see it as a good thing and support, and others are really devastated by it. The thing is, no one knows who is going to be affected by it. I am sure that EA never thought about it. It wasn't intentional on their parts to upset anybody. It just should have been an optional download is all. Hopefully in the future things like this will be.

You never know what will be a trigger for some people. You really don't. This type of violence is widespread, and there are people who have been impacted all over.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

No, but for some people 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is exactly what it means, and the message is triggering. And there is no "lesser" side of sexual assault. Getting groped can be traumatising for some people as well. When I hear things like "lesser side of sexual assault" I think of that politician who said "legitimate ra.pe"... comments like this are proof why this shirt does not belong in the game. What kind of awareness does it raise?! That some assaults are no big deals if the victims "are strong"--okay, I'm crying now so I'm going to walk away from this conversation before I say something to EA to get me banned.

It seems that you are not getting the point of the campaign. It's on us is not aimed at the victims. It's about the people who stand by and do nothing.

It's the person who is at a party and sees someone who has had too much to drink being led into another room and says nothing. It's the person who knows that an assault is going to happen and doesn't speak up. It's the person who could see a friend home instead of letting them go with someone they shouldn't. It's about ignoring peer pressure to do what you should.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited April 2015
    "gayars wrote: »
    "You never know what will be a trigger for some people. You really don't. This type of violence is widespread, and there are people who have been impacted all over.
    I'm pretty sure these days, anything can be a trigger and it's quite sad actually because it's everywhere. There's no avoiding it. :'(

While I apologize for the way I worded it, I'm still sticking by what I said. Groping can be traumatizing, but then again it depends on how the victim handles it. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 will always be 🐸🐸🐸🐸, doesn't matter how long it lasts, but IMO it'll always be the most traumatizing sexual assault that can happen to someone, that can break even the strongest people.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top